Pre-Challenge Spiel

So my previous challenge was meant to reset my body and my mind for the upcoming year. It did that to an extent. It forced to make more time for myself in my busy (and getting busier) schedule and also to really focus on what I am putting into my body. I have upped my water intake significantly and aside from slipping up on a business trip week, did not drink alcohol for the whole month of January. I feel pretty great and refreshed and am so ready to start hitting things hard again! But going hard is uh... hard.

giphy.gif

For those of you who haven't been following me, I had a hip pre-injury (not quite an injury but a pain that told me to stop what I was doing and figure it out or an injury would basically be guaranteed to happen) and got pretty freaked out about it. My sister has serious hip problems (she is 20 and has already had to have hip surgery) so I took this very seriously. I figured out my issues were a result of glute amnesia - my glutes were not doing the work they were supposed to during DL and squats, and allowing my hip flexors to do all the work. Hip flexors are tiny muscles, they are not supposed to be taking on so much stress! But my glutes just werne't firing. I essentially put a halt on my lifting program and spent the last 6-ish weeks (basically ever since the end of the challenge of 2015) doing connectivity drills I learned at Camp Nerd Fitness from the lovely Kate Galliett and also some other glute strengthening isolation drills I found online. I also began doing a lot of core exercises to help protect my lower back from the same fate. Apparently lower backs are over acheivers too. Plus, core strength = better everything so why not?

Anyway, I'm now feeling pretty confident with my glute amnesia being banished (I notice them firing when I walk and go up steps and basically do anything, and I even had a dream about squats where I noticed my glutes activating properly so they've definitely finally decided they want to do some work) and it is time for me to return to Strong Lifts! I'm going to have to deload a bunch, but I am so pumped to get back at this.

I am also taking 2 classes as well as working full time. Typically I take one class but this semester I decided to really lean forward on my degree. Wow was it a lot more to take on than I expected.

Basically, between beginning SL again, wanting to maintain my occasional glute activation drills an dother mobility drills, continuing to make sure my core gets some love, keeping up with my classes, my job exploding more and more and wanting to keep up with you nerds as much as possible because you are THE BEST I need to seriously work on my time allocation. Unfortunately I do not have a time turner to get more hours from my day.

tumblr_lobui3CC1Q1qgnsnbo1_500.gif

I know what I need to do, and what I want to do. I have the motivation and the habits. What I need to do now is take both of those and be flexible with my schedule in order to get in everything I want. So this challenge won't have very complicated goals from the outset, but each week will be treated individually depending on what I've got going on, work travel, homework, etc. I'm going to continue with the Fly Lady baby steps as well and hopefully finish out all 31 by the end of this challenge but if I get held up on a specific day again that's fine. I want to integrate this into my life slowly so it sticks. I'm currently on day 15 - and have been for about a week now.

Main Goals

giphy.gif

1. Every Sunday or Monday I will post my schedule for the week to include major items that may affect my productivity on a given day for the next seven days (ie - class) and what I will be doing for each of those days BROKEN DOWN BY THE HOUR. This sounds crazy, I know, but I only have a few hours between when I get home from work (6PM) and when I need to get to bed (9/930PM) so I truly need to plan out how to utilize each of those minutes to get the most done I can without trying to do too much and blowing my bed time. Non-work days are a bit more flexible but I still want to list what I want to do on those days. This includes homework, cleaning tasks, meditation, reading, and of course work outs.

2. At least 3 times a week I will update my thread on my status of if I hit my to-do goals for each day.

3. Each week I need to fit in a core work out and a glute drill workout. This can be the same workout. (I won't do this if I don't make it a separate goal).

Food Goal

tumblr_inline_mp0fj6D3LS1qz4rgp.gif

4. Continue to not eat dairy. 1 minor slip up a week is allowed (ie some melted cheese on some meat. Eating 1017 cheese cubes from an appetizer tray does not count as a "minor" slip up).

Life Goal

giphy.gif

5. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. No on average, but actually legit, 7 hours a night. This will prevent me from expecting too much of myself in (1) and (2) above.

My final grade will be based 20% on the success of each of the above. Planning, execution, special work outs, dairy consumption, and sleep.  Goal 2 (posting updates) will be half based on posting 3x/week and half based on actual completion of my schedule items.

I'm aware this is going to be quite the strict challenge with no bells and whistles but I needs it. Bad. SELF DICIPLINE FTW!

Also, I've made the commitment to watch through Xena. Girl power also FTW! I debated making this challenge Xena themed but I didn't have time. I'd rather spend my time making my rounds here than thinking up a way to make this challenge more themed....but feel free to post Xena gifs as they will bring me joy :D

giphy.gif

• Like 9

Ranger Mini Tracking

THE CHARACTER SHEET
Character Name: Raxie
Race: 1/4 Siren & 3/4 Human
Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw
Wand description: Dragon Heartstring (thanks Buzzfeed quiz!)
Patronus: A cat (so weird I was going to put a cat because I have 2 and love them and semi identify with them, but then took a patronus quiz out of curiosity to try to get a more exotic animal and I got a cat! haha! guess it was meant to be)

LESSONS:
1. Transfiguration: Try my hand at the rowing machine at the gym
2. Defense Against the Dark Arts: Do a kickboxing workout
3. Herbology: Try an indian recipe. I try one once every few months and it always turns out poorly. ONE DAY I WILL GET IT RIGHT!
4. Potions: Track my water consumption this week daily to make sure I am still hitting these goals.

Note: The third week of this challenge I will be on vacation so I reserve the right to modify the goals for whichever lesson comes up that week.

Week One: Lesson One - Transfiguration. Trying out the row machine!

• Like 2

tumblr_nf6x2llp531sh0whzo1_500.gif

• Like 3

Level 83 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

tumblr_maz45d42LM1rxgqbco1_400.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

So many challenges... Can we just move to 4 month challenges instead? :tongue:

I know, right?! The fast paced 4 week cycle with no zero week is a lot to keep up with! Even I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by it. Another reason for no theme this time around.

Following along.

Yay thanks Tank :D

• Like 1

Week One Schedule
52207211.jpg

Ok, so here's my first week's schedule!

Monday
6:15-7:15
Stronglifts @ the gym. WOOOOOOT! Laundry boooo
7:30-8:00
Cook/Eat Dinner
8:00-8:45
Reading Chapter 2 of book for class and answer online questions
8:45-9:00
Quickly catch up on forums
9:00-9:30
Fly Lady PM
9:30-9:45
Read personal book, go to sleep

Tuesday
(I leave work early to make sure to miss traffic and get to class on time)
5:00-6:00
Read Chapter 3 for class
6:15-8:45
Class
Fly Lady PM

Wednesday
6:15-7:15
Stronglifts @ the gym
7:30-8:00
Cook/Eat Dinner
8:00-8:45
Read Chapter 1 and 2.4 of text book #2
8:45-9:00
Quickly catch up on forums
Fly Lady PM

Thursday
6:15-7:00
Core workout, glute activation drills, foot mobility drills
7:00-7:30
Cook/Eat Dinner
7:30-8:15
Read 4.1 of text book #2
8:15-9:15
NF Foruming
9:15-9:45
Fly Lady PM
9:45-10:15

Friday
(telework day so more flexibility here)
--Restorative Yoga @9AM
--Read Chapter 3 of textbook #2
--Stronglifts @ Gym
--Catch Up on NF Threads
--Fly Lady PM before girls night
--Girls Night @7PM

Saturday
--Fly Lady AM only today
--Volunteering at HRC Gala allllllllllllllllllllll day (9AM-1AM)

Sunday
--Restorative Yoga @10AM

--Stronglifts after yoga (added in due to Laundry rearranging)
--Foam Roll
--Read articles for class
--Class #1 HW
--Class #2 HW
--Grocery Shopping
--Fly Lady PM
--Read personal book before bed

• Like 5

Busy times! Hopefully this challenge will help you build some good habits to stand you in good stead for the rest of your degree though.

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Working on glute amnesia, making stuff ON TIME.. This is very cool Raxie!

And SLEEP!! This goal was tough for me last challenge but as long as you make it a priority, you'll be fine :) and feel MUCH better for having got all the sleep!

Subbing!

xena-a-friend-in-need-season-6-xena-warr

Wolf

"Let the Broomstick do the talking."

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Wow, this is very structured.  Subbed of course.

I think I've gotta be in this case or I won't get anything done!

Busy times! Hopefully this challenge will help you build some good habits to stand you in good stead for the rest of your degree though.

I hope so too. I've always been a procrastinator but the time has come where I just can't live like that any more. I can go back to living like that in a few years... haha

Working on glute amnesia, making stuff ON TIME.. This is very cool Raxie!

And SLEEP!! This goal was tough for me last challenge but as long as you make it a priority, you'll be fine :) and feel MUCH better for having got all the sleep!

Subbing!

Wolf

"Let the Broomstick do the talking."

Thanks Wolf! Sleep is honestly probably going to be the toughest thing in here for me! Love that Xena picture! hahah

• Like 1

Schedule-related challenges FTW!!! Yours is much more structured than mine!! ^_____^ Isn't time management CRAZY?!

[insert Xena gif here if I weren't on mobile] XD

Sent from deep within the wilds of Gridania...

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

Week One Day Two
1406034552457903_animate.gif

So I rearranged my originally planned schedule a bit to account for my utter lack of clean clothes to wear to work or the gym. Even my "around the house it's almost laundry day" outfits were getting running out. So last night I did a bunch of laundry instead of stronglifting, and added in SL to my plan for Sunday right after restorative yoga. I'll already be at the gym so why not?

Last night I did everything else I was supposed to, and am moving on to Fly Lady day 16 wohoo! Nothing new to be added, we're supposed to read some articles on the site but I'm probably not going to do that. Just gotta keep on making my bed in the AM, decluttering, hotspotting, room rescuing, shink shining, and picking out clothing in the PM.

Oh while we were folding laundry, the boyfriend and I watched an episode of the X Files and there was a quote that really resonated with me:

"Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it" - Dana Scully

I just got all lovey hearty eyes about science and physics in that moment. It's great because little things like that really remind me of why I love doing what I'm doing (working where I work, continuing my education, etc). The big stuff I'm almost immune to but sometimes little things catch me off guard and I'm like... oh yeah. I love what I'm doing. So worth it.

I got to bed on time last night and would have gotten 7 hours of sleep on the dot but I overslept this morning and ended up getting more like 7.5. This is probably because we ran the dishwasher before bed and it made me not sleep so well (the thing is so damn loud!) so I missed a meditation =/. Not specific to this challenge but definitely an AM habit I wanted to keep up with. Oh well there's always tomorrow!

Oh and almost forgot, no dairy yesterday either.  Off to a good start!

• Like 5

Following along. New challenge looks good!! I can relate to having only a few hours at night to get everything done before bed. Organization is the only way... Also doing some serious prep work on non work (extra free time) days helps.

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

Holy crap your schedule is crazypants - good job for sleeping at all in that madness!  Are you for reals in class solid the whole day?  Do you get any breathing room in there?

Sleep well tonight!

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Subbed!  Are you taking two classes plus working full time?  I feel your pain.  I did that for a semester and a half in 2014.  It's super crazy, but if you like what you're learning it can be fun.

Sky Pirate Monk

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

NF Character

Battle Log

Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit - Vyse the Blue Rogue