Winwaloeus is back for more

Winwaloeus

since i let go of the last week of the challenge as explained in my previous thread.. here we go (again) as would say a most famous plummer.

Goal 1 : Level up walk

The first skill of the ranger is : travelling from barren lands to deep forests ! so i'll improve the moderate use of my inferior limbs, by walking 3-5 hours a week. And by "level up walk", i mean i'll ditch the pedometer. I will not be tracking steps, but actual "on purpose" walking, tracked by Runkeeper. I have tested a few routes i'll be using for power walks that i have preset in the app so i do not even have to turn my gps on. I'll use my phone chronometer to add up the walks.

Goal 2 : Sprint

Once in the heat of battle, the ranger as to be able to shift gears in a second to smite his enemies. His heart has to be as strong as his shield and as sharpened as his arrow. Since i'm not doing my bodyweight as a circuit anymore, i miss a great focused heart workout. I've been testing sprints once a week and it seems to be pretty efficient. My routine is : 10mn warm up run, 6 warm up moderate sprints, and 6 all out sprints. I've started with 50m sprints, but i'm looking to improve that. The challenge is : one sprint session per week

Goal 3 : lift something heavy

The ranger's sword is quite heavy, not to mention his axe ! so in this challenge, i'll go on the bodyweight journey i've started, 3 times a week.

Life Goal : History

The ranger is known to know how to use is head, too. Looking in ancient volumes helps to learn about unholy wars and faded glories, to enlighten the ranger's soul and help him devise new ranger strategies.

• Like 1

Winwaloeus, level 3 ranger

STATS : STR 7 | STA 9 | DEX 2 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

Goal 1 : walk !!! (2h27 out of a minimum 12)

20%
20%

Goal 2 : Sprint (1 out of 4)

25%
25%

Goal 3 : Lift (2 out of 12)

20%
20%

Life Goal : History work (3 out of 12 )

25%
25%

Also following.

Good article. This is not the point of it, but man, how I hate the voice telling me how far I've ran on RunKeeper. Especially when I'm on a treadmill and she keeps butting in to say, in her calm and weird staccato manner, "you've ran for 14 minutes and. Fiftynine. Seconds. You've ran zero. Point. Zero. Kilometers. Your current speed is. Zero. Point. Zero. Kilometers per hour." I should figure out how to turn that off.

"There are some good things to be said about walking. Not many, but some. Walking takes longer, for example, than any other known form of locomotion except crawling. Thus it stretches time and prolongs life. Life is already too short to waste on speed." Edward Abbey

cool link, so much truth in it !! thanx Trawlerman.

the fact is there's a limit too as how much extra activity one person with a job, and kid, and hobbies, and, well, a life, can squeeze in a day! what i like with the primal blueprint is that the amount of regular activity to keep in shape is set in advance, and finite too ! 3 to 5 hours of moderate activity (walk, cycle, swim, cool runs..) so they can be part of a daily routine, and you don't need to struggle for more everyday !

My introduction is Here - My Battle Log is There - 6wc I - 6wc II - 4wc III - 4wc IIII (ongoing)

Main goal : lose excess fat down to 14% (currently, i look roughly like a : 20 to 25 -according to many sites offering pictures for comparison)

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

time to update for week 1 so far

- 2 history sessions, one to go tonight

- 2h20 of walking. Should have walked today, but stuck at home with a sick kid (again). Boy i love winter.

- 2 bodyweight sessions, 1 to go tonight

- sunday should be sprint time

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

i love being found...  it means some people care enough to look !

Yesterday, in the end, i traded the bodyweight session for the sprint session, after bringing my kid back to her mom. I had been stuck at home cuddling and playing board games... i love it, but i definitely felt like i needed the fresh air. Once again i had my sprint session at nightfall... i ended my last sprint seeing absolutely nothing ! that's a fine feeling of adventure !

anyway RunKeeper let met down again : i launched the sprint workout settings i had designed (titled "sprints for dummies"). It launched the warm up phase... then the 1st interval phase... but never ended it !! and i have not been able to fix the damn thing. So i ended up doing approximative 70-80m sprints which worked fine, because i always do it at the same remote place (so i can preserve a tiny piece of dignity while i'm running like a Roadrunner under lots of painkillers... ) and i could figure out what it meant (ie ok if i start here from this rock i have to go all the way up to that pond !)

anyway i think its my mobile phone's memory that is going down the drain, i have  to look into it

After a shower, i felt really good, really motivated, so i sat down with my computer and had a good hour of writing, it went down nicely, though i know i'll have lots of rewriting to do for this first draft, as usual. I

was very much a victim of writer's block, or always trying to write too precisely, with all the footnotes, i used to really struggle with this. But since i have shifted my perspective from that to just sit down from 30mn to an hour and put down whatever comes to mind, i really noticed a change for the better, and the process have become more enjoyable, though while rereading i often end up wondering how i could have written such nonsense in the first place, but it's easier to do corrections from something that is already written !

Today is weight-in day so here it is : 81.7 kgs, so that -1.2 since last weight in last week. Yay. Waist line is 89cm, so it seems to be going down nicely too. 

• Like 1

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

yeah, i totally felt like the poor lonesome cowboy getting away in the sunset, after having nailed those rascals who stole Mrs Smith's horses.

well, the problem is that at night, nobody can film no one, so i can't even look cool ! i wonder how is Batman doing to get all his media feedback  :moody:

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

I agree, re: writer's (or translator's, in my case) block -- good job finding a way past it. I have to struggle with writing down stuff that aren't immediately perfect, but also found that it's often much better to just keep going and then go back and edit afterwards.

More consistent weight-loss! You're doing great :)

"There are some good things to be said about walking. Not many, but some. Walking takes longer, for example, than any other known form of locomotion except crawling. Thus it stretches time and prolongs life. Life is already too short to waste on speed." Edward Abbey

Way to have no excuses-love the night sprinting!

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Thanks, Ellis, your support means very much to me !

yeah, back to the writing situation, that's the all point, but i guess the translation work might prove to be so specific that it might not work that well. well, i did some translation stuff back then, but it was... from Latin, so it's harder to go on the fly !

I don't know if you said it before, Ellis, but what kind of texts do you work with ? novels ? essays ?

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Thanks, Ellis, your support means very much to me !

yeah, back to the writing situation, that's the all point, but i guess the translation work might prove to be so specific that it might not work that well. well, i did some translation stuff back then, but it was... from Latin, so it's harder to go on the fly !

I don't know if you said it before, Ellis, but what kind of texts do you work with ? novels ? essays ?

Currently a novel/autobiography. Kind of. Not so easy to qualify. I also translate technical texts and such, and those are a different thing. The thing with translating literature, that might be similar to writing, is that it's easy to get stuck on one aspect -- for example plot, or what is actually happening -- and then you lose the flow of the text, or the style that you were going for. It's impossible to get everything right at once, but my problem is that I really hate editing, so I'm working on that ... :/

How do you proceed, then, do you read the whole text straight, to have the whole story figured out, so that you can focus more on the translation next ?

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

No, I usually do the first draft as I'm reading the text for the first time. Start at beginning and go through to the end. Keeps the suspense up ;) Do you know what you're going to write when you set out?

oooh you like to live in danger ! That's a cool approach, makes you feel like YOU are writing the stuff, like possessed by a mighty creative spirit ! Nice !

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

End of week 1 update :

All goals 100%. Be still, crowds. I'm just doing my job. 

Week 2 day 1 :

All days packed with appointments; managed to stuck a 20mn walk somewhere in it, but did not make it in time for Badminton last night. Boo. 

Still,  i took the time to cook me a nice paupiette, with steamed broccoli and carrots, with tomato sauce and herbs. Clearly the highlight of this average shitty day.

Week 2 day 2 - ongoing

55mn walk since this morning. Bodyweight tonight + History

• Like 1

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

End of week 1 update :

Week 2 day 1 :

All days packed with appointments; managed to stuck a 20mn walk somewhere in it, but did not make it in time for Badminton last night. Boo.

Still, i took the time to cook me a nice paupiette, with steamed broccoli and carrots, with tomato sauce and herbs. Clearly the highlight of this average shitty day.

Week 2 day 2 - ongoing

55mn walk since this morning. Bodyweight tonight + History

[emoji106][emoji122][emoji41]

• Like 1

thank you all !!

yesterday : bodyweigt + history : done

played this amazing game on PC last night i recommend you all : Blackwell legacy. Classical point n click, but terrific story, moving, gritty, funny.

today : 1h05 walk + the usual sprint session. A bit of history this morning because i want to the college's library to check for a few references, and the real session tonight. Before crashing in front of tonight's soccer game (PSG vs Lyon).

now, stretching session...

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

End of week 1 update :

6d1ba3a7b44fddb3368f449c2dd64df7.250x189

• Like 3

Thank you Patrick. Could you give me the adress of your tailor ? i totally dig those Pyjamas !!  :panda:  :playful:

• Like 2

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

Well i remember reading an article about the point n click revival in the last few years. Blackwell was in it and got lots of praise for its atmosphere and storytelling. By that time I had discovered steam... and it's sales system! I got the first episode really cheap.. .then I waited for a bundle.

Pointnclick were my first love as a gamer... so it is kind of a back to my roots thing !

I played lots of board rpg back in the days but I have to admit I totally fell off that wagon ... just to climb in the numeric one !

Envoyé de mon RAINBOW en utilisant Tapatalk

current 4wc progress :

20%
20%

25%
25%

20%
20%

25%
25%

How did Week 2 go for you, Win?  And what does Week 3 look like so far?

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik 'Hav0k' Harrgath, Blademaster Adept and shadow-running Ronin extraordinaire.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.