Matty Puts on a Singlet...You Can Thank Me Now

matty_mcfly

21kcd8m.jpg

I usually only pop up round these here parts when I'm going to compete (and likely fail) in something. And this time is no different. March 6th I will be (finally) competing in my first powerlifting meet.

This is just a placeholder for when I actually think of goals and all the bullshit, which will likely beon Wednesday, but for now...

ll9oj.gif

======================================================================================================================================

So despite bringing a strange, crying, needy alien being into my house I've decided to do my first...long awaited powerlifting meet. So in efforts to not completely embarrass myself I need to focus on the three things that lead to gains...three things that I do not get enough.

1. Lift the weights...consistently. Since the end of December I've been in the gym less then 5 times, previous to that I was in the gym 4-5 times a week. There's no way I'll come anywhere close to hitting the numbers I want without consistent workouts, The missus has been supportive of me finding ways to get training in which has been very helpful in letting me feel considerably less guilty.I'm running Candito's 6 Week Strength Program in preparation for the meet. This calls for me to be in the gym 5 times the first 2 weeks and then 4 the next 2.
  2. Find time to recover...any time. Babies are the killers of sleep (as shown by the fact that I'm typing this up at 5am). Lack of sleep is the killer of gains, Between work, a newborn, a toddler, and the gym I've been pulling 1-3 hours a day. I need to get back to consistently hitting at least 5 hours. In addition to sleep, BCAAs and creatine (SUPP LIFE BITCHES) need to be consumed consistently. Lastly, contrast showers after EVERY squat/deads session. I've found that these almost completely reduce my DOMS.
  3. Eat ALL the foods...ALL. THE. FOODS. Lack of sleep and just generally being preoccupied, I forget to eat. I've generally been eating one meal a day...da fuq!? I need to start getting back to eating like a normal person and eating at least 3 meals a day with 2-3 protein shakes (SUPP LIFE BITCHES) mixed in there. 
  4. Level Up Yo Life, Fool. I need to declutter my life and mind, but we'll just start with my life. Each week I will try to do something to declutter my office, apartment, inbox, et cetera.

****Hopefully I'll come back to this and add the appropriate GIFs, memes and pictures.

• Like 2

OH MY GAWD!

We've spotted the rare and endangered Matty challenge in the wild!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Here for pics.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

OH MY GAWD!

We've spotted the rare and endangered Matty challenge in the wild!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

The Mattisimus boyus often makes its first showing on the challenge forums in the spring, does an impromptu rather unorganized challenge with goals that get ignored, then he'll double post workouts and vids of himself doing sumo deadlifts before finally returning to his battle log at the beginning of summer.

But this year we might spot him in a singlet, a sight never seen before.

• Like 9

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

What the shit is this?

Speaking of shit...

The Mattisimus boyus often makes its first showing on the challenge forums in the spring, does an impromptu rather unorganized challenge with goals that get ignored, then he'll double post workouts and vids of himself doing sumo deadlifts before finally returning to his battle log at the beginning of summer.

But this year we might spot him in a singlet, a sight never seen before.

You don't know me, bitch! (In reality - you know me all to well because that's EXACTLY what's going to happen here)

Never seen in public, but in private that's a whole different story. How you think that baby was made???

• Like 1

Good luck with your contest! When I started lifting, I was tempted to go the power lifting route....and then I learned that there was a sport where you could run and throw the weights around. Oh and also that I pretty much suck at static strength. And that I don't want to wear a singlet.

• Like 1

Apparently you don't do challenges? What do I know I'm practically brand new around here.

Subbed.

Yeah, allegedly he has great calves, but like Unicorns and Bigfoot, pics have been lacking.

tumblr_m8llxlwg8u1qb9fuc.gif

• Like 2

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Unfortunately this came to mind when I read that post...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wmqq3TfV5w

Unfortunately? ?? That's exactly what I was going for!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DUDE! Singlets do not make good condoms!

Their contraceptive ability is generally only in how bad they make almost everyone look!

Lmao, you read that as I used a singlet in the bedroom as a condom?

The intent was that I put on 90s smooth baby making R&B, got some candles, oiled myself up and put the singlet on!

• Like 3

Yeah, allegedly he has great calves, but like Unicorns and Bigfoot, pics have been lacking.

tumblr_m8llxlwg8u1qb9fuc.gif

I treat my calves the same way I treated dick size. I make absurd, bragadocious claims with the intent of never ever having to prove or disprove said statements.

• Like 3

Good luck with your contest! When I started lifting, I was tempted to go the power lifting route....and then I learned that there was a sport where you could run and throw the weights around. Oh and also that I pretty much suck at static strength. And that I don't want to wear a singlet.

Haha I'm like a ranger as in I have fitness ADD. Mostly I'm a competitor of convenience. 3 years ago the Chicago triathlon was a bike ride away. Last year my strongman competition was the closest meet/comp. This year the PL meet is a 3 minute walk.

Also, to be clear, I suck at both static and dynamic strength. But the singlet is a plus! The tighty whiteys underneath less so.

Subbing because this just seems like a challenge I need to see... Good luck with the competition prep, my first one is in May :D

I'll try to make sure you only mildly regret that choice!

How is your prep going?

• Like 1