FYI - New Challenge Forums will be live tomorrow ×

2KJjXg0D.png

Welcome back to another installment of Wild Wolf’s Adventuring Lupine Show. If you’re just now tuning in, please, let me recap you on the events that have transpired so far…

Hey Everyone! Good to see y’all again! 2016 for me started with a HUGE change for me. I fell in love with Quidditch and, as a dream come true, went down to Austin to play in a Fantasy tournament for my very first time. My team lost in the semi-finals but it was some of the most fun I’ve ever had! The following day, I did something else that I’ve wanted to do since discovering Quidditch being an actual sport you can play. I tried out for a an actual team!! A club team down in Austin called the Lone Star Quidditch Club...and made the team! I’m proud of myself and stoked at the opportunity to be on a great team. 2 years now, they have lost in some BIG games, like the Quidditch Cup in 2015, to a Snitch grab from the opposing team's Seeker. They need the Seeker position filled quick..and that’s where I come in.

These next 4-weeks will (somewhat) prepare me for Regionals. And, actually, Regionals is 02/20-02/21, so, realistically, I have 3 weeks, but my training to become the best Seeker started the weekend I was introduced to Quidditch and I’m going to be working very hard, EVERY day, to prove my worth on the team! I’ll be wearing jersey #99, for my long time love for Ricky “Wild Thing†Vaughn from one of my all-time favorite movies, Major League. And, hopefully, I’ll get some good action shots/vids during Regionals to share with everyone!

Also, there’s Gaelic football. Drew and Nichole introduced Heather and I to Gaelic the weekend after Quidditch Tryouts and we both fell in love with this too! Gaelic is a crazy sport that combines elements of soccer, basketball, rugby and some volleyball thrown in. We will both be playing for a club team up here called Finn MacCool but really spelt Fionn MacCamhaill with Drew and Nichole and all our new Irish friends. Those guys are crazy cool and the heavy accents and sailors mouth makes for some fun practices! I want to get really good at Gaelic. Maybe just as bad as becoming the best Seeker Quidditch has seen. I’m all sorts of fired up and motivated right now!

And the VERY BEST part about all this, is that Heather and I will be working together. Gaelic has her REALLY motivated to get back in shape and it’s exciting! This will be the first time we are training together and the feeling is just wonderful. We make a great team! In fact, Heather is so fired up, she’s gonna get back on the boards and do a challenge with the Rangers! (Her name is PrincessMononoke on NF-just in case anyone was curious or didn’t know.) I will also be heading up her training program to get her back into playing shape and I couldn’t be more excited to help her!

The major draw about Gaelic for both Heather and I is that it’s that it’s located up here in the DFW area whereas Quidditch is all the way down in Austin. That’s the HUGE downside to Quidditch, unfortunately...So there is a lot more growth in Gaelic then Quidditch just based on location alone.

However, with Regionals coming up so quick for Quidditch, there’s not much I can do except keep up with The Routine and make as many practices/skill sessions as possible. Also, train with Drew as often as possible. He’s a good Snitch and a bigger dude than I, so it’ll help hone my Seeker skills and get me ready for battle. #WarPaint. Gaelic has 2 practices a week, Wednesday and Saturday, so that is implemented in The Routine as well. It’ll be good cross training with all the running for when I get out and handle my Seeker business ;).

Oh, and the fact that Drew loves Gaelic and is willing to practice with me to get me better. What a great dude and Heather and I are blessed to have met him and Nichole. Thank you Quidditch for bringing us new friends and fun, new sports!!

Speaking of Quidditch.. I just got back from another tournament this past weekend. It was basically a showcase for all the elite community teams and things were starting out very good. I didn't play the first 2 games, which I expected because of my newness and lack of actually Quidditch experience. However, game 3 rolls around and they’re calling my name out to go in as Chaser!! Whaaaaaa?! I'm excited. I go in for a little bit and do fairly well. I had a fast break chance and made a hard pass off for the score, but I put a little too much zip on the pass and it bounced off her hands. After about 5 min playing Chaser, they sub me out and tell me to get ready to play Seeker. Wooooohoooooo! I'm so pumped!

I go in strong and aggressive making reaches and running around to wear the Snitch out. Like any good wolf stalking his prey, I have to be patient. We battle it out a while longer and I try and make a dive reach move from the left side and get tossed to the ground. I get up and keep going but I'm running out of gas because Seeking takes it ALL out of you. I sub out with Stevie, and he goes in and catches the Snitch right after and we win! This is when I notice the uncomfortable feeling in my shoulder… I try and rotate it and it definitely doesn't feel good.

I go over to the trainer/medic tent and they look at it, tell me I might need to go get x-rays to see exactly what's wrong because I know it's not a bone issue. Nichole looked at it too and had me run through various ROM drills and said it might be a slight muscle tear. So, I'm done for the day… And I'm soooo mad. This sucks! I just got started playing and kicking ass :(

So, I ice it the rest of the afternoon and stay to support my team. Our last game turned into a forfeit because the other team didn't have enough people and I went home, in pain and barely able to drive lol.

The next day wasn't much better and today is OK.. But I think I need to go have it looked at. So, I called a doctor and made an appointment for Wednesday morning. I'm crossing my fingers that everything will be good and my injury is minor. Until then, I can't move forward with my goals. I can't set out to do something when I don't know the outcome of my own health lol, but once I find out the state of my shoulder, the ass kickery will commence either way :)

I am a Gaelic Warrior- and I will heal up in time for battle!

Picture_AGA-RG7016.jpg

Wolf

"Let the Broomstick do the talking."

• Like 12

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

The warrior moved within the shadows like a large wolf, blade drawn and careful not to make a sound with each passing step. Rage filled heart and death seeking eyes, the Gaelic warrior stalked his prey whom was fully unaware of the monster that lurked in the dark...

Goal #1: Wild Wolf goes “Soloâ€

Out of all the skills to learn from Gaelic, “soloing†is the one I want to work on first and eventually master. Because you can only dribble once in a row, “soloing†becomes crucial if you want to move the ball down field and make your way to a goal/point. Full speed, here’s an example of what soloing and dribbling looks like:

jodgoal.gif

Since the coaches allowed me to borrow a Gaelic football, I can practice whenever. Along with the 2x a week Gaelic practice, I want to spend 3x a week at 15+ min of “soloing†practice. Practice various combo’s of dribbling and soloing and get into a good rhythm moving with the ball. Once this becomes second nature, scoring and setting up the score will be much easier! Plus, I’ll finally get to exploit my open field awareness and movement skills once I’m comfortable moving with the football.

Possible Points: +3 DEX, +1 STA

Goal #2: Wild Wolf eats like a Fucking Great White

So, now that I’m playing sports again, my fuel is even MORE important. I eat pretty good, but I could eat better and I could be eating more. I’m eating roughly 25-28 meals a week and not all those meals are good. I would say at least 80-85% are good and I want to keep it that way or even do better. However, when a warrior trains hard he must eat the same way! Does a Great White Shark skip meals? HELL NO. He eats the whole damn ocean! Contact sports are not for skinny minis..but for real men with a warrior spirit and an appetite of a monster. Time to become the monster I always speak of. (BTW, I have a HUGE irrational fear for Great Whites..)

shark-catches-fish-eats-animated-gif.gif

Protein (lots), ample amounts of good fat and LOTS of veggies and water. I don’t want to just get big. I want to big AND lean. This is how I sustain “warrior†status. Or, as D_R would call it back in the day, “Permabeastâ€. Yeah… I like the sound of that! 20+ meals must be clean/85-110 oz of water a day (more on training days)/MORE VEGGIES daily. Track it all to stay accountable.

I'M HUNGRY!!!

giphy.gif

Possible Points: +2 CON, +1 WIS, +1 CHA

Goal #3: WIld Wolf Rangers the Shit out of his Rehab

Seeing as I don’t know exactly what’s wrong with my shoulder, there’s very limited rehab work I can do. I will, however, be icing it a couple times a day and taking the prescribed doses of Advil. This goal is all about getting the MRI done, finding out the issue, and start fixing it. I’m already sick of being out of the game and want back in ASAP. I have a good chunk of change from our health savings account that I can use, I just need to get in touch with insurance and figure out how to get that money so I can get the ball rolling on this shoulder rehab. Work towards getting an MRI and fixing your shoulder, daily.

705eb180028ed615357c76a6b7c046b49d1d3022

*Goal will be readdressed if shoulder heals before the challenge is over and I can get back to some normalcy*

Possible Points: +2 WIS, +2 CON

Goal #4: Wild Wolf saves a Princess

So, everyone knows that PrincessMononoke is my lovely wife, Heather, or as she is liking, Mrs. Wolf. She needs my help. She needs my knowledge, my fire, my drive and my encouragement. A couple years removed from sports or anything really physical, Heather is wanted to play Gaelic football for the women’s team, and I’m very excited for her! She’s had a torn ACL injury before and it’s been a while since she’s worked out, but I know she can do this. This goal is all about giving her the right tools to succeed and be the wolf in bloody armor overseeing her training. Get a simple training plan together for Heather to follow as well as helping her stay on track with eating healthy and pre-habbing her knee. (Get Nymeria’s help with the pre-hab stuff)

b9937abb4c0c6d89617e790595b2f1e3.jpg

Possible Points: +3 CHA

This seems like a solid set up while dealing with my injury for the time being. It’s not pretty or even that exciting, but thank you for following along anyways :).

Hogwarts Student Info:

THE CHARACTER SHEET

Character Name: Ryan "Wild Wolf" Wolfenstein

Race (if not human): 1/4 werewolf

Hogwarts House or School of Origin: Gryffindor

Wand description: 9 3/4" Holly, VeelaHolly is a powerful protective wood that good for use against evil, but it also represents dreams and fertility. The veela hair as a wand core means that you are slightly unpredictable but very powerful.

Patronus: Wolf

#1 Transfiguration: Figure out shoulder injury-get better. Go to the doctors and set up steps to rehab and fix what's broken.

#2 Potions: If you know you're not going to get enough veggies in, don't be afraid to supplement with Super Greens!

#3 Herbology: Help my wife meal prep for the week or even two weeks out. Make yourself useful!

#4 Defense Against The Dark Arts: Work leg exercises around shoulder injury. Train Smart!

Wolf

• Like 3

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

*Placeholder*

Spoiler

giphy.gif

WOOT WOOT! 

Wolf is in the house!!! Challenge may officially start. ;)

Good to see you in a swanky new thread my friend. You know I will here for all the awesomeness!  :triumphant: 

• Like 1

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Woahhhhh Gaelic football sounds super awesome! Now we have two cool sports to hear about over here in your threads :). Hope everything turns out OK with your shoulder!

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

• Like 1

I'm glad you and Heather are getting to have fun together with the sports! Should be awesome. Take care of your shoulder. I hope it's getting better.

...now I gotta find some pizza with eggs on top.

• Like 1

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Dude!!! Sounds awesome, till you got hurt! Take care of that shoulder!!!!

Hugs for you and the wolf pack

arWAO.jpg

I know right :(. Crappy luck!! I'm doing my best to take care of it but all I can do now is ice and take pain reliever. Wednesday can't come fast enough!

Thank you Terra! The wolf pack gives hugs back ;). I also know I'll be ok because you endured your ankle back in the Fall.. And you made it out better the ever! You're an inspiration girlie!

7191d0232e6fc86dcc685dd25388fe9c.jpg

ash-wink-10282015.gif

Hiya, QRG!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

WOOT WOOT!

Wolf is in the house!!! Challenge may officially start. ;)

Good to see you in a swanky new thread my friend. You know I will here for all the awesomeness! :triumphant:

Haha, yes ma'am, the challenge can officially begin! Haha. As some folks are well into their 4th page, I think I'm the one needing some major catchup on day 1! Lol.

As always, I'm thrilled to have you aboard my friend! Onwards and upwards!! Especially with this stupid shoulder injury [emoji13]

Omg. I made it in on Page 1. (Obviously I am not working very hard today.)

Dude. Capture all the Snitches.

Hahahaha!! Thanks, Eric. I'm trying, sir, it's definitely a lot tougher than it looks. And I'm honored to have to here on page 1!

Managed to read all the way through your opening tome. I feel for you, brother... my shoulder weeps for you. Here's hoping for a positive outcome.

Yessir.. I know regardless of what I hear from the doctors on Wednesday that I'll be ok. I'm the Wild Wolf. Nothing is keeping me down for long! Was it Ski that mentioned werewolf regenerative healing factor at the end of my last challenge? She's right- I need to be patient and just let the animal side take care of the rest ;)

Thanks for the positive vibes, Eric!!

Wolf

• Like 2

Spoiler

Woahhhhh Gaelic football sounds super awesome! Now we have two cool sports to hear about over here in your threads :). Hope everything turns out OK with your shoulder!

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

Thank you Raxie, I hope everything turns out ok, too :) Haha, yes ma'am! I love me some Gaelic football. I was wicked stoked when the coaches let me borrow a ball to practice with!

Quidditch is actually rougher than Gaelic believe it or not. Sounds like I may need some padded shoulder pads lol.

Following along, proud of you as always.

Thank you, Tank! You've been like a big brother to me since the beginning and I love you even more for it dude! And I'm really loving your theme and including some fellow Rebels!! You're really having a lot of fun with themes now and it's a blast to watch.

I'm glad you and Heather are getting to have fun together with the sports! Should be awesome. Take care of your shoulder. I hope it's getting better.

...now I gotta find some pizza with eggs on top.

Thanks, SL! Me too brother, me too. It was so great to meet you in Austin and have dinner! It was a long time coming and I totally underdressed!!

00c70d0b1402181874e9829f66aac52c.jpg

But you're right my friend, you need that pizza!

448eba0e83694b0f9a51a8cad901ea8b.jpg

Wolf

• Like 5

Spoiler

Thanks, SL! Me too brother, me too. It was so great to meet you in Austin and have dinner! It was a long time coming and I totally underdressed!!

Nah, you were dressed exactly right. You're Wolf. What else would you wear beside a wolf t-shirt? :)

• Like 4

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Nah, you were dressed exactly right. You're Wolf. What else would you wear beside a wolf t-shirt? :)

I will of course have to totally agree with that. ;)

• Like 1

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

At least you didn't have Gilderoy Lockhart swooping in to fix your quidditch injury.  

2004-01-04.jpg

Really, though, I hope you get some good news at the doctor and won't be sidelined too long from all of the awesome things you're doing.  :)

• Like 3

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Hoping for some good news on that shoulder. Following.

Thank you Marauder :)

Wolfieeee! Congrats on making the Quidditch team and the discovery of this new sport! It's awesome that you and your wife have something fun to do together ^_^ I hope your shoulder is ok. I expect a full report after your doctor's appointment!!!

Thanks Shadri!! Heathers pumped. I'm pumped. Things are good- just gotta get this shoulder healed and all will be right in the world. The balance of things will have been fixed lol.

Yes ma'am! Full report as soon as I'm done at the docs!

giphy.gif

Haha, touché my friend.

I will of course have to totally agree with that. ;)

Lol :). Well, the shirt IS one of my favorites!

At least you didn't have Gilderoy Lockhart swooping in to fix your quidditch injury.

2004-01-04.jpg

Really, though, I hope you get some good news at the doctor and won't be sidelined too long from all of the awesome things you're doing. :)

Lmao!! I laughed pretty hard at that because the thought of my shoulder and all the bones in it disappearing.. Lol, it made me giggle- well done Nymeria!

Thank you so much. I think between my own willpower, my family and all of you guys, I can overcome this quick. *Fingers crossed-God be with me*

Following along brotha! Unleash that gaelic fury

9392b6157e25efe5d277e1230b5e0d48.jpg

Hellz yeah!!! Just add a Gaelic football in that pic and you have yourself the exact representation of what RL Gaelic football looks like ;)

giphy.gif

This is what I need to get good at! Soloing!

Wolf

• Like 2

Spoiler

That is one badass gif!!! The refinement of the catch immediately followed by a big bump, refocus and hit! FANTASTIC!

Hoping for good news on the doctor! Seconding the full report, we expect it ASAP! Time to tap in to the werewolf regenerative stuff! You'll be back on all 4's in no time!

... a little odd in the head ...

Week 1, Day 1:

RECAP

I took the day off work, hoping to get into the doc's office, but the earliest appointment I could make was for tomorrow at 11:15 AM. The house was full of kids and I tried to help out as much as I could, but I was rendered pretty useless yesterday. The annoying part was figuring out my paychecks. We tried to switch banks because we want to be done with Citi after what happened around Christmas and the fact that they don't give a fuck about what happened...WORST. BANK. EVER. AND...how the hell do you take out ALL the branches in Texas. WTF? Really? Terrible decision on their part...

ANYWAYS, Heather's Wells Fargo account was closed out so my direct deposit didn't work and they had to mail me my checks. This was also my bonus check, and we didn't get access to the money till yesterday because it didn't come in the mail until Saturday, when we were already in Austin. Driving with my bum shoulder is NOT easy, so I had to do that and get that settled. We had to deposit the checks back into the Citi account for now..but damnit, I'm done with these mofo's as soon as we can get the Wells Fargo stuff re-opened.

We also got great news about our tax return!! YEAAAAHHHHHH BUDDY!! This will basically take care of ALL of our debt, Praise God. We need to tithe 10% of it, no questions asked. God has provided immensely for me and my Wolf Pack family and it is my duty as a Christian and Spiritual leader of the house to make sure this gets taken care of! It's an amazing feeling to know we'll be caught up on all our bills with money to spare and put away in savings... Heather and I both are truly blessed. 

As for fun stuff...I'll be able to get some new cleats, which I really need and then hopefully get stuff ready for GoRuck Winnipeg. The Warrior Dash is already a-go, I just gotta make sure my shoulder will be OK by then. Tank, I'm gonna will my shoulder to health!! We've been waiting far too long for this race and you've come WAY too damn far yourself for ME and my bum shoulder to throw us off course! Voltron Force has to have some good doctor's, right??

I need to help edit Heather's thread before she posts it..she's excited! I also need to go back and add the goals I know I can do at the moment for my own challenge! C'mon shoulder! Heal up!

I feel like the combination of Quidditch and Gaelic can only end up in hurling... 

cdNFX0f.gif?noredirect

This is so true...I guess only time will tell lol. It looks rather difficult, to be honest.

tonykelly.gif

That is one badass gif!!! The refinement of the catch immediately followed by a big bump, refocus and hit! FANTASTIC!

Hoping for good news on the doctor! Seconding the full report, we expect it ASAP! Time to tap in to the werewolf regenerative stuff! You'll be back on all 4's in no time!

Thank you Mr. Willes! I'm ready to quadrupedal like a beast! That is a pretty gnarly gif, Hurling certainly looks like fun and is something I can see myself taking a whirl at. I might be good, I might not. Once the shoulder heals, I'll talk to the guys lads about it :)

I initially read that as "hurting" though I'm not sure that's not accurate either...

LMAO!

Hurling in the sense of puking is also a possibility... (Sprinting is so much fun!)

Sent by carrier pigeon

LOL! Right?! That was my initial thought process, lol. You ladies are funny.

Nothing much I can do today except use my legs to take the stairs any chance I get. It's looking like it'll be beautiful outside today so I'll prolly go on a walk during lunch.

Wolf

• Like 7

Spoiler