Jaz Xiao Long || Training to Lead the Inquisition

Jaz Xiao Long

The Inquisition. An idea, a legend long gone, revived by the Left and Right Hands of the Divine. The Inner Circle is a ragtag band of mages, rogues and warriors from all over Thedas, backed by armies of knights and commoners alike, serving as the only hope Thedas has for restoring the peace disrupted by the Breach. And at the head of it all, a young noble who was the only survivor of the explosion at the Conclave, nicknamed the Herald of Andraste, the Inquisitor!

To all who stuck with me through that intro, welcome to my first NF challenge of 2016! If you can't tell, I am just slightly drowning in my adoration for the last installment of the Dragon Age series. And since I've been playing the game rather fervently for the last two months it will also be the theme of this challenge!

A little about me...

I've struggled with getting into shape for a while, always starting strong and then falling off after a few mishaps i.e. my last two challenges on NF. I always convince myself I'm too busy or I can't fit anything else into my schedule, etc. Playing Inquisition has really pointed that out to me, as I've been able to make time to play and further my Inquisitor, but I can't do the same to further myself - I refuse to let this go on!

No matter who I was before, I am now the Inquisition! (Interchangeable with Rebellion xD)

Main Quest: Knock my body fat percentage back 5% over a series of months.

Quest 1: Make those critical hits fatal strikes.

As a dual blade wielding rogue, I'm lacking in the strength category right off the back. This usually isn't a problem once you get around behind them and do a backstab or flank attack, right? WRONG. If your attack lacks strength, the blades don't sink as deep.

(I REALLY LIKE BODYWEIGHT CIRCUITS AND MAKE THEM PART OF EVERY CHALLENGE...ahem.)

A = 3x a week ☆ B = 2x a week ☆ C = 1x a week.

Quest 2: Fly under the radar.

I hate running into an ambush of Red Templars or highwaymen on my way through levels. I avoid them by scaling walls or running along cliffs after spending a good ten or so minutes platforming my way to the top of a rocky ledge. So this is getting tied into this challenge with parkour, which I'm getting back into after some knee injuries - I plan to give a good 45 minutes or so to each session.

A = 8 sessions for whole challenge. ☆ B =5 sessions. ☆ C = 3 or less.

Quest 3: Read everything.

I use the pulse search function in the game every few feet, not only looking for things to loot but also to find codex entries! You get EXP for those too, This is mostly in relation to my studies as I've maxed out my unit limit with six courses and dread reading my textbooks (which are really long)...but what if I treated it like sifting through my codex entries?

A = Studying for 6+ hours a week. ☆ B = Studying for 4 hours a week. ☆ C = Studying for 2 hours a week.

Life Quest: Finish Act 2 of Inquisition.

There is just so much to do in eact part of Inquisiton that I have 70 hours of gameplay and I don't think I've even gotten around to the halfway point of Act 2.

• Like 1

Jaz Xiao Long | Level 2 Assassin | Half-Giant
STR: 1 | DEX: .75 | CHA: 2.5 | CON: 5.5 | WIS: 2 | STA: 1.25
"We do what we need to do, and then we live." -Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead.
Current Challenge | Challenge 1

Good comparison between the time you're willing to put into your character and the time you're willing to put into yourself! Thinking back on all the games I've played... I'd probably be a max-level everything, irl. Oh, well, time to play catch-up! Good luck with your challenge, and with your classes (I don't envy you six courses at once). 

I'll be taking my first ever parkour class this month. What do you do for a "session," if I may ask? 

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

@Manarelle: Seriously! I have a Level 20 rogue and I'm standing here barely scraping by as level 2, tsk tsk, self, tsk tsk. And I have no idea what I was thinking, but I have already paid the fees. XD

Parkour is awesome! I drill different moves for about 75% of the time and then spend the rest of the time working on linking moves together. When I go to jams, there's a lot more linking practice though.

@Neva: YANG XIAO LONG IS MY SPIRIT ANIMAL...ahem, yes, indeed! I love Yang so much

Jaz Xiao Long | Level 2 Assassin | Half-Giant
STR: 1 | DEX: .75 | CHA: 2.5 | CON: 5.5 | WIS: 2 | STA: 1.25
"We do what we need to do, and then we live." -Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead.
Current Challenge | Challenge 1