NightWatcher Respawns (NightWatcher13)

NightWatcher13

Hey all, missed you! The holidays went kind of crazy here, then I kept saying "I'll start with the next challenge's start," which hey, that's today! Will also post in the Respawn point, but for now I want to get a challenge set down. I have been keeping up with some stuff on my own, but not as regularly as I'd like

Main Quest: You've got nothing without your health... might want to get that! - most of my goals this year will be focused on getting my health back to heel, both mentally and physically. 

SQ 1 - Don't eat out (exception - 1-2x month for BFF date.) I know Taco Bell makes a great Chicken Cantina Burrito, but DON'T DO IT!!! Aside from the obvious calorie issues from to-go food, my poor budget needs some trimming too. So this is one I'm going to hard nose myself on. Pizza & burritos made at home - ok. Pizza and burritos ordered because I was too much of a lazy tail to make one - not ok.

SQ 2 - I just wanna run - Make 3 runs a week. Pilates etc would be awesome if they make it in, but this month I'm focusing on running. I had to start over (again) after hyper extending my knees. Not a fun thing to do, I don't suggest it to anyone.

- 

SQ 3 - Up and at 'em. Try to crash by 2:30/3 weekdays, get up by 10. I know it probably sounds late, but when you work 3:30 to midnight it's nearly impossible to get to bed much earlier and actually manage to get any sleep. Problem is I tend to sleep in, and not leave myself a whole lot of time to do things before work.

Life Quest - Practice guitar, 3-4x/week. Thankfully I have a crazy long list of songs to pick from (have I mentioned how much I love having a smart phone? 'Cause the thing's a digital Swiss Army knife)

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Check in for today:

Run - check

Eat out - still good

Guitar - check

Up - @ 11am; went to bed around 3:30 but couldn't sleep until almost 5. 

Also, it's February 3rd, and I went for a run in a t-shirt and running capris. Seriously. 

What the crap, Ohio! 

Thursday 2/4

off day for most things, did have an eat out. -1

Friday 2/5

skipped run

guitar

up @ noon; was up late Thursday

Saturday 2/6

still no run (I need to get more cool weather stuff for running, I was being a wuss)

some guitar, more screwing around than really practicing though ;)

Erm... I think 11ish again?  I need to crack down on bedtimes so I actually exist before noon on a regular basis

So far today, I got up at 8:30... Sundays are eaaarly for me @.@ Thankfully my church has a little extra boost to help...

w-Giant-Coffee-Cup75917.jpg

(this is my fuel to run the computer/sound, depending on the week)

Cold weather notwithstanding, I'm curious how you've made a habit out of running? Are there a set of things to do to prepare? What are the triggers you use?

Er... forcibly? I hold a gun to my own head and say "run, NOW!!!"

In seriousness, it's something that was a challenge (and still can be), I have an app on my phone called "zombies, run" that I'm doing the couch to 5k version of, which basically turns running into a videogame and makes it easier and more fun for me, and I have running clothes I love to wear (my BFF got me a shirt for Christmas that says "If I'm running, zombies are chasing me") which makes me want to wear them, and hey, while you're all dressed up to go, may as well get out there...

But setting up a dedicated time is something I still fail at (last time I did the c25k before I hyperextended my knees I had a set reminder on Google Calender that popped up on my phone and helped, but I can still blow those off if I'm tired/lazy/gaming/otherwise being stubborn, so I need more motivation than that sadly. The reminders only help when the motivation is already there)

Set triggers would be super helpful, and they're something I want to incorporate but haven't quite figured out how yet.

Edit: also A/V tech FTW! I do lights. :)

Nice! Lights are fun. I love playing with the sound system after most of the church leaves though...

"Ok, no one here whom I can deafen? VOLUME UP! BASS TO MAX!"

Sunday, 2/7

ACTUALLY UP! Well, as previously mentioned, I had to be, but still, it's 1 day I'm vertical before noon therefore I can do more... I tell myself. *sigh* 

Made up for missed run previously in the week

Practiced guitar for about half an hour

Did eat out, BUT this one was actually a friend date so yay! Only one screw up so far. 

WEEK 1 

SQ 1 - 1 screw up where I failed to plan ahead and ate out, got pizza. Which is better than my average, but still calorically and economically expensive

SQ 2 - 3/3 runs (Yes!)

SQ 3 - 1/7. Yikes

LQ - 4/4 on guitar practice.

Monday, 2/8

Food packed and ready

Will try to run during 2nd break at work, if not I'll push my runs to my normal "off" days this week (t/h/sa) *Edit - did go for run during 2nd break on Monday

Up at 10:30, which is closer (yay) but still not 10.

No guitar today (unless I decide to fiddle with it after work)

Tuesday, 2/9

Fat tuesday... yea, I didn't have to worry about eating out 'cause everyone wanted to make fat-inducing dishes to share for our meeting. *sigh* but did have food packed so I had healthier food along with the king cake. (Thankfully I'm not on paleo or anything right now)

Got up at about 10

Practiced guitar

off day for runs

Woke up with a very sore throat and painful sinuses; I'm hoping it isn't going to become an infection... upping neti pot use to 2x a day until it goes away, hopefully that will keep me from getting knocked on my tail by this. Also drinking hot tea.

Wednesday, 2/10

Throat isn't as sore today, but lots of sinus pressure and congestion. (pleeeeeease go away and die) So sticking with the neti pot and tea, along with a daily antihistamine I've been on for a few months now to try to keep this from becoming the problem it typically does every stinking year. So far it hasn't gotten bad, so yay, but hopefully it stays away, especially with a sudden switch coming up in sleep - I got asked to do day shifts tomorrow and Friday.

Good on eat out still for the week

Practiced guitar

If throat feels ok I'll try to run during 2nd break tonight, if not I'll try to run tomorrow after work and saturday.

Slept in till 11

Still sick or did you beat the germs ass so hard that you are stuck in jail?

aliliston.jpg\

I kicked the germs in the teeth. Barely though, and I'm pretty sure my Neti pot is 90% responsible lol. But between flushing my sinuses out and making sure I actually got sleep, I managed to avoid an actual sinus infection. Maybe I can make it so they don't come back to haunt me every year, wouldn't THAT be nice? :)

Also had to get a new router; our internet died at the house so sorry about the non-existant updates this week.

Let's see here, last week's total: WEEK 2:

I don't remember what time I was up every day, so I'll assume 2/7 (since I know I was up Sunday and Tuesday)

Runs - 1/3 due to congestion (ewww)

Guitar - 4/4, since I know I practiced Friday and Saturday as well as Tue/Wed

Didn't screw up my eating out last week either, woot!

So far week 3:

1 guitar session

no runs (will aim for one second break tonight, still wasn't breathing well Monday)

*sigh* ate out yesterday morning for breakfast and today for dinner. Poor planning on my part, time to go grocery shopping. -2 :/

Up before 10 today (wednesday) and Monday, so that's a step in the right direction at least.

Took the Civil Service test yesterday to hopefully get hired in full-time at my current job until I can nab something in my own field, so wish me monsters there.

Thursday - 

Up late

Off day for run

Had a meeting with my pastor to help clear my head and get some mental organization, which was super helpful

No guitar

Friday - 

Up before 10

Chiropractor appointment; knee wasn't as bad as it has been but he did have to reset it so I'll be running tomorrow instead (didn't want to run too close to that)

guitar

...quesalupa from Taco Bell. First time I've tried one, and I'm reasonably convinced they put crack or something in them, that was addictive. -1

*sigh* this week has been super disorganized, but it's an improvement from what I've been doing the last couple of months (eating out 1-2x/day)

Saturday

Helped friends move - and my forearms remember now why they are supposed to be doing strength exercises @.@ Not the most horrid soreness by any means, but they let me know what they thought about moving dressers the next day for sure.

Ran/walked outside for about 2 hours (more walking than running, promise. I'm not suicidal, it was just really nice weather.)

Up before 10

No guitar

No eat out

Sunday

up before 10

no guitar

didn't eat out

off day for runs

WEEK 3 TOTALS:

Up before 10am 5/7 days (Woot!)

2/3 runs

2/4 guitar practices

-3 eat out :(

Well, that was one hell of a bipolar week ^^;

I can honestly say week 4 is off to a much more organized start, with mason jars of chicken & rice and macaroni&cheese/stirfry mix ready to throw in the lunch bag with a salad and fruit. Will update officially for today later, when I can honestly say I've run 

Moving furniture certifiably sucks. This is always true. You are eating so much better than I am. X_X Peanut butter is evil, peanut butter should die, peanut butter should not be bought anymore but I'm not in charge of the grocery list anymore. :(

But really, you're doing great with the eating. My eating seems to always be 'Do great up until the sun sets, then get screwed by wild cravings.' I've made some steady progress pushing said cravings off, but lord is it a battle. X_X

So keep killing it and being that shining example. You're awesome!

• Like 1

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

01d2c519df15c4facc1c9f3f0a08505d.jpg

*headdesk*

Sorry guys, still here, letting myself get behind again (yaaaay stupid stressy stuff) but not letting it stay that way.

Did I mention the germs came back to bite me? Oh, nope. Germs bit back, I wound up down from work for 2 days and didn't get ANY runs in at all for week 4. So now I have to restart. Again. And I'm frustrated, mostly with me, for not going back out again to run yet. I hate inertia, it's fabulous once you get going, but getting going SUCKS! 

WEEK 4 Summary: 

- no runs

- guitar practices 4/4 ('cause what do you do when you're home sick aside from play music and videogames?)

- -1 eat out

- mornings? What are mornings? 3/7 

CHALLENGE TOTALS:

- 5 points for eating out; not perfect (1.25/week), but far better than it was. I'll take the progress and probably keep something like this for next challenge.

- runs could have been much better; part of that was breathing issues, and part is my own failure of motivation after getting sick. I'm going to work on a better carrot/stick for this one.

- mornings were tough to get down, and not even close to doing well with that one. It's just hard for me to get motivated to do things in the morning *sigh* I love being a night owl, but I need to crack down on this, I feel like I would be more productive if I utilized time earlier in the day rather than mostly after work.

- Guitar, on the other hand, was damn near perfect, with only week 3 not getting enough practice time in, and while I'm struggling with pieces of it (DARN YOU BARRE CHORDS!!!!) I can definitely measure improvement in my chords. 

I'll post a link here to both my new challenge and a respawn post (that I should have made 3-4 weeks ago... yea, I'm a horrible procrastinator)

Moving furniture certifiably sucks. This is always true. You are eating so much better than I am. X_X Peanut butter is evil, peanut butter should die, peanut butter should not be bought anymore but I'm not in charge of the grocery list anymore. :(

But really, you're doing great with the eating. My eating seems to always be 'Do great up until the sun sets, then get screwed by wild cravings.' I've made some steady progress pushing said cravings off, but lord is it a battle. X_X

So keep killing it and being that shining example. You're awesome!

Awww, thanks :) Hopefully I'll be back on my feet a bit better this month and kick some real tail so I can start getting this extra baggage off of my knees and make it a bit easier to actually achieve a pull up, but even small progress in progress. And yes, furniture moving is not my favorite thing to do. But it did give me a nice little reminder that I need to work on leveling my strength back up.

Bu...but... peanut butter is yummy :(

What Razzy says, also

65cff560759207ee9719b40120829b6e.jpg

And your prepared meals sounds really tasty. What kind of running are you doing?

They are, I just need to get more consistent making them lol. I'm doing couch to 5k training right now, which slowly levels you from basically no running experience to being able to run 5k in 8 weeks. It starts out seeming super easy (15 sec running/1 min walking drills, 10 min free form run) and about week 4 or 5 suddenly seems much tougher if you didn't push yourself for the early free form runs a bit more each time. Zombies, Run! makes it a lot of fun too, it's basically like a videogame :D And we all know how much those help 

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/79432-nightwatcher-gets-back-up-nightwatcher13/

New challenge is up. Story is mostly for me, to let out some creative writing juice. It's fairly similar to this challenge, but amped up a bit