Mitch Dee revives and starts from the bottom….building a foundation

mitch_dee

Nothing flash, nothing fancy…last two weeks have been rough, rounds of sickness in the house, nasty weather, hate my job, totaled out my car…but hey no dwelling.  It’s time to get my ass in gear and to do what I need to do and build a strong foundation for a successful future.

Food is fuel, not happiness:

I have a real issue with food, I always seem to be all in with proper nutrition or all-in-my-mouth with everything in sight.  Time to start tracking again, I have gradually gotten better but not quite as good as I need to be.  I have found when I track and it is in front of me in black and white I tend to stay very disciplined.  The problem is this normally only lasts until I have a mental/emotional breakdown and binge.

• Goal 1: Track food intake, no matter what it is, track it.

Movement is key:

I work in a giant office structure at my desk, I try to move around at work as much as possible making extra trips when I can but I need to increase movement.  Now this would normally be where I focused on BJJ but due to totaling out my car 2 weeks ago and a new car payment being squeezed out of an already drowning budget, I have had to quit my training for now.  I will still try to make open mats on Saturday since it’s free but I must take this time to keep conditioning for my eventual return.  Enter the Frank Medrano workouts and weekly cage fitness.

• Goal 2:  Just so happens Frank’s program starts with a 4 week immersion training…so I think I will be following this program.  I will also do cage fitness each Saturday.

Find the happy:

It is no secret that I am insanely unhappy and pissed of half the time anymore…this needs to change, without a proper mental foundation this all goes to shit.  So it’s time to find some things to enjoy again.

• Goal 3:  Do something daily for me, be it read, write, draw…do something I want and that I used to like to do.

Don’t sweat the small stuff, but still do the small stuff:

There are a few bricks that need to be set in the foundation to make it stronger:

• Finish reading Level Up Your Life
  • Create NF character (maybe spark some writing ideas)
  • Complete reading whatever the hell the name of the internal learning about myself and find the proper job book my parents sent me
  • Finalize our monthly budget
  • 2230 bedtime on work nights
  • Start blog for future use (more on that later)
  • Goal 4: Do these things

Plain and simple, hitting the restart and returning to the NF Fold.  I have taptalk on my phone now so I will be stalking you all….and hopefully commenting more often!

(Gifs and general silliness to appear in the near future)

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Hey mitch! Welcome back! Good to see you again. :)

Frank Medrano's program. Dang, son. That's gonna be a good one, I'm sure. Definitely want to hear about how this one goes for you.

Life is also better when you do things that make you happy. I hope you enjoy yourself these next four weeks - it is all a game, after all, and we should get the chance to have fun playing it. :D

Good luck! Keep us posted and let us know if there's anything we can do!

• Like 1

Food is fuel, not happiness:

I have a real issue with food, I always seem to be all in with proper nutrition or all-in-my-mouth with everything in sight.  Time to start tracking again, I have gradually gotten better but not quite as good as I need to be.  I have found when I track and it is in front of me in black and white I tend to stay very disciplined.  The problem is this normally only lasts until I have a mental/emotional breakdown and binge.

• Goal 1: Track food intake, no matter what it is, track it.

Just remember here that it's alright not to stick perfectly to a proper nutrition diet, especially when money is tight (I have a hypothesis that if we treated food access as an economic issue and not a public health issue, we could get farther with fixing it). Don't fret if you slip! It's just food.

• Like 2

Level 5 Monk (Broadsword Focus), Level 1 Assassin

Battle Log | Fitness Tumblr

Challenges: Currens | Octavus | Septimum | Sextum | Quintum | Quartum | TertiumSecundum | Primum

Im here I promise...just working 10 to 11 hour days and a sick midget at home...

I willnupdate this weekend.

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge