MrsFeanor Continues Avatar Training

MrsFeanor

Last challenge fizzled because of sick hubby, sick kiddos, and shark week. This challenge is an exercise in resilience and consistency. Most of these goals are resets from last challenge.

B29mTiqmDxDy0.gif

Water
iA6uDPHzvUVNK.gif

As in, I don't drink enough of it. The Avatar cannot live on coffee alone (though it is delicious and wonderful and life-giving).

Goal: Drink more water. I think I should be aiming for 100 ounces a day. (This is should work out to about 10 cups per day.)

I tried working with my 24 oz water bottle last challenge, but I found I just didn't bring it to work often as I should have. So I am going to use a cup that I already have at my desk and switch to our drinking glasses at home.
26 days x 10 cups
A =  260 cups 

B = 208 cups

C = 156 cups

F = below 156

CON +4

Earth
ra17E8p15nTmo.gif

Workouts towards the end of last challenge really fizzled, so this is going back to basics.

3 workouts x 4 weeks = 12 workouts

A = 12

B = 10

C = 8

F = less than 8

STR +4

Fire
6gLU6vF16wYta.gif

Taking lunch to work rather than eating out

4/week x 4 weeks = 16 lunches

A = 16

B = 13

C = 10

F = Anything less than 10

CON +3, WIS +1

Air
vrivTTfNWySmA.gif

Going to bed on time.

Still trying to figure out the specific metrics for success.

The main goal is to go to bed before 11.

CON +3

Level 4 Halfling Warrior

| STR 9.5 | DEX 0 | STA 4.2 | CON 6.68 | WIS 6.9 | CHA 4.3 |

Current Challenge

--

Get obsessed with consistency in the actions that feed the goal. Getting obsessed with the goal won't work and neither does having moderate goals. It's like thinking about laying down perfect brick after perfect brick rather than going nuts over when you'll see a building emerge.

-- Amir Siddiqui

Quoted in JC Deen's Staying Leaner Longer

Twitter | Instagram | DeviantArt

Water
Nope.
4 glasses (since I wasn't really planning on doing a challenge until hubby posted his, I just drank when I was thirsty. The real measurements start today.)

Earth
Nope.
Rest day. Lift on Wednesday due to a voice lesson tonight.

Fire
Yup.
Work from home day, so I ate leftovers.

Air
Nope.
As a part of trying to get to bed on time, I am tracking my time in half-hour increments from the time I get home until going to bed. I am going to attempt to track without changing too much behavior for the first couple weeks, and then figure out where I can improve habits from there. Because I think it will be interesting, I am also going to add my sleep tracking screenshots from my sleep tracking app.

2/1/2016
5:30 Driving
6:00  Home
6:30  Fallen London/youtube
7:00 Dishes
7:30 YouTube/heating pad
8:00  YouTube/heating pad
8:30  Story time, tuck tinies in
9:00  Dinner
9:30  Work
10:00  Budget meeting
10:30  YouTube
11:30  YouTube

In bed: 11:41

1jZvaA0.png?1

Level 4 Halfling Warrior

Current Challenge

--

Get obsessed with consistency in the actions that feed the goal. Getting obsessed with the goal won't work and neither does having moderate goals. It's like thinking about laying down perfect brick after perfect brick rather than going nuts over when you'll see a building emerge.

-- Amir Siddiqui

Double post

young-aang-and-young-appa-avatar-the-las

I liked Appa a lot. :)

Edit: forum didn't let me edit until now.

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Glad you have another challenge. And I'll link an article here later. Couldn't find it at the moment.

For me it's helpful to let my phone/computer/... rest at night, too, and pick up a book instead. I'm not always sticking to this advice either. ;)

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Newbie here: I must say that I'm impressed with your tracking time from work until bed...what a good way to find out how you are spending your time!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

missrackl

Level 1 Rebel Reboot

Activities: cycling, running, snowshoeing

Fandoms: Rick and Morty, LotR, Thursday Next, Star Wars (of course!)

Goals: 1) Keep on running, 2) Eat on diet, 3) Read a book

Newbie here: I must say that I'm impressed with your tracking time from work until bed...what a good way to find out how you are spending your time!

I've never been particularly good at it, but I feel like it's the best way to get a handle on exactly how much time I'm spending on YouTube at night. (Spoiler: It's way too much.) :blush:

• Like 1

Level 4 Halfling Warrior

Current Challenge

--

-- Amir Siddiqui

Water
Better but not quite: 7.5 cups

Earth
Planned day off. Gotta get out to the gym tonight.

Fire
Ran out of time to pack a lunch, turned it into a chance to hang out with husby and a friend. Took the leftovers back to work, so I have a lunch all ready for today.

Air
Hahahaha. I'll let the chart below answer that question.

5:30  Vox Lesson
6:00  Driving
6:30  Driving
7:00  Home
7:30  Social Media
8:00  Story time, tuck tinies in
8:30  YouTube
9:00  YouTube
9:30  YouTube
10:00 Tidy Living Room
10:30 YouTube
11:30 YouTube

In bed: 12:20 Yikes. (Day9 is playing The Witness. I can't stop watching. Somebody send help.)

HCWrb3U.png?1

Probably not to surprising that staring at a glowing screen that late screwed up my sleep. At least two of those peaks are due to my tiniest human coming & crawling into bed and then getting kicked out again.

Time to pick myself up & try again today.

oSVYAS290Ugla.gif

Level 4 Halfling Warrior

Current Challenge

--

-- Amir Siddiqui

I can't believe I forgot I was having lasik in the middle of this challenge... Surgery is tomorrow morning, and I'm not sure exactly what my screen time restrictions will look like. I'll do my best to keep loving and do a recap once I get back online.

• Like 1

Level 4 Halfling Warrior

Current Challenge

--

-- Amir Siddiqui

"Time to pick myself up & try again."

I couldn't agree more.

And good luck with LASIK!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

missrackl

Level 1 Rebel Reboot

Activities: cycling, running, snowshoeing

Fandoms: Rick and Morty, LotR, Thursday Next, Star Wars (of course!)

Goals: 1) Keep on running, 2) Eat on diet, 3) Read a book