Feel like found my calling in Nerd Fitness, I am 42 working in the Software Industry, had some peaks and valleys, ran my software business for 10 yrs, did pretty well and during 2007 & 2008 ran into tough times and I was distracted in too many things, and finally got rid of all that 2 yrs ago, and became an employee again. Pays the bills and things are getting stable again, but my true calling is not in there, my Inner super hero wants to make a difference in the world and find the true purpose,

I am fitness conscious always, but almost more than a decade of Software consulting work, travel, eating anything, drinking was abusing my health and one day in 2013, the company I worked for, had a biggest loser weight loss competition, I was relatively new there. I was not a big guy, I was 183Lbs at that time, and that sparked something in me and I wanted to win that, so started exercising, some running, eating clean, so at the end of 3 months, I was at 143Lbs from 183, a weight loss of 40lbs in 3 months. Felt top of the world, not only won that prize which is about $450 but more than that, rekindled the drive to push and be healthy,

Fast forward, couple years, the current company work became too hectic, almost always on call and faling back to old habits, one day decided I have to do something, while growing up I always loved bruce lee movies, so joined a Taekwondo dojang, and now I have to get out of the Office work on Monday and Wed for the class at 7PM, that created a positive ripple effect, to perform well in the class, started running , did a 5k, couple 10ks, did 2 Half marathons...

Recently, heard about Steve Kamb in some of the podcasts I listen to, and I was totally hooked and signed up to the Nerd Fitness academy, when Steve came to the San Francisco book tour, went and met him, what an incredible rebel leader!!!l

Level headed and Fun person to hang out, so now here I am reading and looking at the community and re-enforcing the idea that nothing is IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Salute to all my Fellow BADASS REBELS!!!!

My next Epic Quest is to complete my First Marathon in Modesto on March 20th!!!!

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/59748

Hey fellow Californian! Welcome to the Rebellion!

Work can definitely be a big source of how you take care of your body. It's such a simple thing it gets overlooked. I'm not going to lie I'm pretty envious of your signing up for martial arts. I really want to but haven't jumped that hurdle just yet lol. Very cool that you've been making progress and I hope that we can help you sustain and grow! I'm also pretty damn envious that you got to meet Steve. I couldn't make the LA meetup and that burned my butt. How're you liking the book? I found it to be a freaking jolt of pure energy into my core! Best of luck in your fight Rambo!

For the Rebellion!

Douglas

• Like 1

You can become a Hero. 

Hey fellow Californian! Welcome to the Rebellion!

Work can definitely be a big source of how you take care of your body. It's such a simple thing it gets overlooked. I'm not going to lie I'm pretty envious of your signing up for martial arts. I really want to but haven't jumped that hurdle just yet lol. Very cool that you've been making progress and I hope that we can help you sustain and grow! I'm also pretty damn envious that you got to meet Steve. I couldn't make the LA meetup and that burned my butt. How're you liking the book? I found it to be a freaking jolt of pure energy into my core! Best of luck in your fight Rambo!

For the Rebellion!

Douglas

Hey Llighthouse Rebel!!!

Thank you and I love the book, really making sense. I have collected lot of Underpants, I cant even Imagine Im almost buried in them, too many things, getting carried away in different things. So that was an excellent chapter on Phase 1 and apply what we learnt. Looking forward to all the Adventures with fellow rebels!!!

Hey Llighthouse Rebel!!!

Thank you and I love the book, really making sense. I have collected lot of Underpants, I cant even Imagine Im almost buried in them, too many things, getting carried away in different things. So that was an excellent chapter on Phase 1 and apply what we learnt. Looking forward to all the Adventures with fellow rebels!!!

I really enjoyed that part of the book.  It was a great example that really drives home the need for taking action in Phase 2.  I have caught myself a couple of times already about to collect more Underpants instead of taking action.

Yeah, more Californians.  Welcome!

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr