Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Rick and I'm 23 and live in Ontario, Canada. I've struggled with my weight pretty much my whole life and since the new year I've been putting in the most effect I have been in 10 years for getting into shape. I currently weigh 254 lbs but I started the year at 262 lbs. My goal for the year is to drop around 50 pounds overall. I don't think I need to go through my whole life story but my weight has always been an issue and despite multiple attempts I have not gotten back into the shape I was at the beginning of high school where I was able to drop 30 pounds when I joined the rowing team (although I didn't enjoy the sport). After that year I slowly but surely gained the weight that would taught me for years.

I stumbled across this site and decided that if I need some tips or encouragement along my journey that this would be the place to get it. I think this site is one of the best sites I've ever come across and has been a great resource so far. I look forward to being apart of this community the best that I can be.

Guest Snake McClain

Rock on! Good to see a new member. There are so many tools and helpful people...you ever have a question just start asking. 50lbs can SOOOOO be done. You got this. Just stay focused. Work hard. Its yours.

Welcome to the Rebellion! Bruce is right - be sure to ask around the forums if you have questions about, well, anything really. We're friendly. :)

Eating a clean diet will probably help you a lot (if you're not already doing that). Have you seen Steve's article on the Paleo lifestyle? It could give you some ideas.

You've totally got this! Good luck!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)