Fridelisan finds her inner assassin

Fridelisan

I'm absolutely positive you have the strength for handstands! Just a question of getting used to the feeling. Have you tried low arm balances like crow pose?

Even if you didn't nail all of your goals your week sounds great!

Yes, It's probably just a feeling that I've got. I have tried the crow pose a few times, but my biggest problem with that is my balance. I've continued going to the hand stand workshop classes, and did manage to stand against a wall the last time. So I know I can stand now. I'm just scared to fall over (despite having a wall behind me, totally not logical). 

That guy's eyes are so intense in that gif, holy cow!

I think having a good life-week but a bad-challenge week is okay once in a while! Just don't be discouraged by it. Getting back on track shouldn't be too hard. :)

I've read through this whole post. That gymnastics class sounds crazy but super useful for learning functional movements and strength! That's awesome that you found it! Was it something your university does, you said? (Also, I'm excited you're starting silks! ;) My silks partner and I are considering trying out pole classes ourselves, too, so we may have another cross-over of interests! It'll be a few months before we have the money and time, but we may sign up for a 'pole 101' intro that an aerial gym nearby does periodically.)

I know, right?! 

Oh yes. Bad weeks will always happen once in a while, so I haven't been feeling to bad about it. :)

The gymnastics classes are great! As you say, it makes me work both on my strength and on functional movements, which is things I have to work on. I just love them and can't understand why I haven't going to those classes before. :D  Oh yes, silks are super fun and I'm so happy I tried it out! I'm progressing really slow, but I still notice some improvements in my strength and skills. The last class I was on, we worked on "Egg beaters", which I just can't figure out. I can't get the silks to wrap around my legs more than once. We also worked on "candy cane", "birds nest", "cross knee release" and some strength stuff. I'm so looking forward to being a little stronger and being able to do more up in the air!

Oh, so fun that you're going to try out pole! That is super fun, and (I think) much easier! :D

This is so typically me. I start off good with writing and all, but then almost 2 weeks go by without me writing as much as a word in here. But, I did not forget the challenge! I've been trying to work with my goals. The workouts haven't been any problems. I would say I get an A++ on workouts, going to 4-6 classes a week. Drinking water has been a little bit harder, but I've managed to drink 1 l most days, at least 3 out of 4 days. Eating enough protein has been the worst. My weekly mean has been: 96 g, 79 g, 65 g and 80 g during the last month, so I guess it's ok on 2/4. I kept up with the meditation during the first two weeks, but then I've been breaking my streak. I think I've meditated ~16 days on the last challenge. It's not enough!

Overall not a great challenge, but I will not give up! Next challenge will be better!

• Like 1

This is so typically me. I start off good with writing and all, but then almost 2 weeks go by without me writing as much as a word in here. But, I did not forget the challenge! I've been trying to work with my goals. The workouts haven't been any problems. I would say I get an A++ on workouts, going to 4-6 classes a week. Drinking water has been a little bit harder, but I've managed to drink 1 l most days, at least 3 out of 4 days. Eating enough protein has been the worst. My weekly mean has been: 96 g, 79 g, 65 g and 80 g during the last month, so I guess it's ok on 2/4. I kept up with the meditation during the first two weeks, but then I've been breaking my streak. I think I've meditated ~16 days on the last challenge. It's not enough!

Overall not a great challenge, but I will not give up! Next challenge will be better!

Honestly that sounds like you're still doing really well. You've got most of your habits down and just have a little refining to do. 

• Like 1

Cephalopod Dreams

Halfling Monk

Challenges: Level 4 | Academy: Level 10

Str 4 | Dex 4 | Sta 4 | Con 7 | Wis 5 | Cha 2

My Character

I'm aiming for my black belt in Shotokan Karate, training to defeat the monster that is chronic pain.

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Honestly that sounds like you're still doing really well. You've got most of your habits down and just have a little refining to do. 

Perhaps not an ideal challenge, but it's far from bad and you should be proud for sticking to your goals as well as you did! 

Thanks guys! It does always feel good when others remind me that it's not a failure just because everything didn't go exactly as planned. Now's another challenge though, and my next thread can be found here.

• Like 1