Seabright's 2016 Battle Log of Awesomeness

Wed July 6

Yoga:

45 minutes of restorative yoga after work. Trying to mellow out.

Food:

Coffee in the am. Just a reasonable amount. No sugar. No alcohol. No extra caffeine. Food all good.

Alonetime:

Had some time to walk through my presentation, you know, out loud. Stuttered and stumbled. Demoralized.

Gratitude:

Glad I tried to talk through the preso! Grateful that I had the heads-up on stumbling blocks. Grateful that I have a list of elocution exercises to go through on the drive up there, so my tongue will be nice and flexible by the time I need to open my mouth.

Goals for today:

- Focus on interview prep. Do what needs to be done. DONE!

- Just maintain what you need to at work. Don't get fired. DONE!

Thoughts that occurred to me around 2:30pm:

So, I'm worried that I'm at the point where I have too much riding on this possible job opportunity. At first, it was more of just a 'oh-let's-do-some-half-hearted-exploring-with-these-folks' sort of attitude, and that meant I was more relaxed about everything. Now, I really want this job. And I'm worried that the longing is going to show tomorrow, and not in an upbeat-enthusiastic-and-passionate kind of way, but rather in a desperate-to-make-a-switch-at-any-cost-and-therefore-terrified-of-making-a-mistake kind of way. I'm second-guessing myself all over the place. I've already decided to change one of the slides from my original writing assignment (it was dumb), and trying to craft a couple of talking points around why that means I'm awesome, and not, you know, indecisive

If I don't do well and don't get an offer, I'm worried that I'm going to be devastated. I think while I'm going over this one last time tonight, I need to draft a recovery plan for myself, for the much-dreaded alternative. A few tasks and steps to take to move on from this and proactively track down another awesome opportunity.

I'm qualified, I'm fun to work with, I'm smart, and I'm passionate. This job is mine to lose.

• Like 1

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Thur July 7

The Big Day.

Yoga:

20 minutes in the am. Breathed.

Food:

Coffee in the am. Claritin and mucinex, trying to control the nervous cough that just showed up. Nice, healthy lunch during interview. Managed not to eat like a farm animal. Glass of wine when I got home. We did have a pizza for dinner, but it didn't have any cheese on it.

Alonetime:

Longish commute back from interview. Sang songs.

Gratitude:

Made it through the day! Grateful - very grateful - for all the prep work I did. I felt that I was able to field all the questions with real world examples from my recent work history, and they were all at my fingertips. No hemming. No hawing. Not even once. 

Goal for today:

Get through the interviews - all 5 hours worth - with my head held high. My mother loves me, and that's enough. DONE!

Update:

Did it!!! 5 hours later, it was done! 

The presentation went well. I had practiced enough so that I was able to just be conversational and not refer to my notes. Got a chuckle from the panel when I referred to spending a lot of time watching Voyager reruns. Turns out, they have a conference room called 'The Borg Queen'! The one-on-ones --all FOUR of them -- were very challenging. Each interviewer focussed on a different aspect of my background and work experience. It was a coordinated attack. :-)

Everyone I talked to was very bright, and very cool. They would be incredibly awesome to work with. It would be an honor, actually.

I felt that I did pretty well. I walked out of there at the end of the day feeling that it was clear that I was qualified. It's now going to come down to personality. Did I come on too strong? Not strong enough? Did I remind someone of their Aunt May who was mean to them when they were 10 years old? Did they hate my black sweater skirt and sensible walking flats? Did they love my crisp white shirt, but wished I had worn a pair of jeans? Did I, in fact, eat like a farm animal?

I'm told they'll get back to me with a decision in the next '3 or 4 days.' 

Breath being held.

Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Fri July 8

The Aftermath.

Yoga:

None so far, as is my Friday wont. Planning simple stretches for TV time later this evening. (Update: These didn't happen. Note to self: Don't fool yourself like this in zee future.)

Food:

Coffee in the am. No sugar. Food all good. Drink with dinner.

Alonetime:

Too much. Fretted. Thought about all the stupid things I had said in the interviews yesterday, and all the reasons why they're not going to hire me.

Gratitude:

This was tough today. Felt a bit blue. Glad that I still have a bunch of Voyagers to watch. 

Goal for today:

• Write thank you notes to interviewers. DONE!
  • Catch up on emails and work from being out yesterday. DONE!
  • Plan approach for targeting the other sexy company that I would like to work at. DONE!

Human Adventurer

Sat July 9

Yoga:

An hour! Sun sals, followed by a little restorative stuff. Felt better, and more positive.

Food:

Coffee in the am. Food all good. Small evening drink with dinner.

Alonetime:

Spousal unit had a gig, so I got out my guitar and learned a new song. 'Driving nails in my coffin.' :-)

Gratitude:

Grateful that I've got that little guitar, oh yeah. 

Goal for today:

• Call mom. DONE!

Human Adventurer

Sun July 10

Yoga:

30 minutes of twisties.

Food:

Coffee in the am. A reasonable amount. No sugar. No alcohol. Food all good.

Alonetime:

Took a lovely walk down to the beach. Gorgeous weather.

Gratitude:

Strolled over to the mouth of the river, to look down on the main beach and the boardwalk. A lovely, lovely, warm afternoon. Didn't realize it, but the mouth of the river altered during the winter storms, and instead of streaming straight out to the ocean in a deep, chilly rush, it now turns a bit north, meanders right through the middle of the big main beach, and shallows out, and eventually strolls it's way into the bay. The result for beach goers? I've never, ever seen this before: dozens of people IN the river, splashing, playing, learning to swim, hanging with kids, wading with babies, floating in groups...shallow and warm and safe. Wow!!! 

It reminded me of a something I haven't thought about for a while. It was a few years ago during the downturn... the spousal unit had just lost his job (the whole company shut down), and I had just been told that everyone where I worked was going to take a 10% pay cut. A dark day. We walked down to the boardwalk and the wharf, talking about what this would mean, what we were going to do, how we were going to make it. We stopped at the very end of the wharf and leaned on the railing, looking out to the bay, in silence. Thinking. A lady near us leaned over and started up a conversation...she was a visiting nurse from the mid-west, and had seen a shark from the wharf the night before, and was still excited about it. We talked and chatted about this and that, and then she asked us where we were from. We both turned at the same time, and pointed to the little neighborhood on the cliff behind us. "We live up there." She got a huge smile on her face, and cried out in joy, 'Oh, how wonderful! You must be so blessed!' The spousal unit took my hand, looked at me and smiled. "We are."

Goal for today:

• Gig this morning (of all things). Have fun! DONE! Had lots and lots.
  • Check to see if I won millions in the lottery. DONE! Did not win, but bought another ticket. Next time!

Human Adventurer

Mon July 11

Yoga:

15 minutes of getting movingness.

Food:

Coffee in the am. A reasonable amount. No sugar. Food all good. Sip of spousal unit's wine in the evening.

Alonetime:

None, really. You know, that i can recall savoring in any way.

Gratitude:

Grateful for everything in general. Yeah, not the most mindful of days.

Goals for today:

• Call at least one contractor about the shed. DONE! Called 3.
  • Update LinkedIn profile with expanded project info. Not done. I noticed that someone from the target co took a look at it, yesterday. Afraid to muddy the waters. Maybe I'll just prep the additions, and then add them at the end of the week.
  • Document that one project update. DONE!

In other news:

The recruiter touched base w/me around 11am, and wanted to find a few minutes to chat about how things went last Thurs. Note: She had sent a similar note last Thurs eve, to which I responded with a few times and an offer to make something work whenever she had some time. She didn't respond to that note until today. So...I got back to her right away, and gave her a few times that would work well for me, but told her to let me know if there was something that was more convenient for her and I would make it work. Never heard back. Checked email obsessively All. Day. Long. VERY stressful. I know she is extremely busy, so not her fault, but still. Stressful. Not feeling good about this. I think this is something you'd only do if you weren't looking forward to the conversation. ;-(

Human Adventurer

Tues July 12

Yoga:

None this morning. Didn't sleep last night and tried to squeeze every second of staying-in-bedness that I could this morning.

Food:

Coffee in the am. A reasonable amount. Shaky, though, from not sleeping last night. Blood pressure going up. Will need to stay strong and true today.

Update: Snickers Bar, cheesecake, red wine, for reasons noted below. Food, sugar and alcohol fail.

Alonetime:

Spent it curled up on the couch in a ball.

Gratitude:

Grateful that I'm getting together with a friend after work to work on a song he's learning. This will give me something to look forward to, and be somewhat distracting. 

Goals for today:

• Call one more contractor. DONE!
  • Come up with new VAT i-bubble. DONE!
  • Draft LInkedIn stuff to post later in the week. DONE!

Update:

Got the call while I was playing music with my friend. It was a No. Red wine, chocolate, and cheesecake ensued.

Not too  much more to say than that. I feel completely drained - the whole process was so crazy-stressful. At least they put me out of my misery fairly quickly. 

I'm trying to remind myself that until they reached out to me, I wasn't actually actively looking. I mean, I've been thinking about making a change, but hadn't really taken any concrete action. So, there's that. Also, even with the shuttle, the location really is very far away. So, there's that. 

Okay. Will let myself mourn a little longer, then will shake it off and actually take those concrete steps to find something else. Valley companies who offer a shuttle from Santa Cruz, brace yourselves!

Human Adventurer

Wed July 13 

Moving on. It's a good day for shining your shoes.

Yoga:

None this morning. Spousal unit took me out for a nice breakfast before work. :-) 

Food:

Coffee in the am. Diner coffee, though. Might need a boost mid-morning. Cookie and DC at 2pm. Dinner was good.

Alonetime:

Tried to find some, but wasn't successful. It was too hot out to go outside, and I had meetings all day. Honestly, though, I didn't really want to be alone. This day was a challenge to get through. Just felt all those unshed tears backing up into my throat. I know I'm mourning. Can't wait to start feeling better. :-)

Gratitude:

Grateful for my commute. I lost out on a shuttle to and from work, but, really, that would have meant giving up my vocal practice time. I learn new songs, or work on tricky parts, while I'm in my car. With a shuttle, I wouldn't have that anymore, and my singing - which is already sort of marginal - would really suffer. So, yes. Grateful for the commute - it's not tooooo far, and I can sing along the way. I can also stop in Los Gatos for a stroll down main street on the way home, if I want to. I can also leave work early if I'm having a bad day (like, you know, today har har), and that gives me control and independence. 

See? Snapping out of it already. ;-)

Goals for today:

• Give feedback on that one project that went live without me seeing it. DONE!
  • Research job description at target company, incorporate key words and phrases in LinkedIn profile. DONE!
  • Post profile update. DONE!

Human Adventurer

Thur July 14

And it's a good day for losing your blues...

Yoga:

20 minutes of sunniness. Side planks, ya gotta love 'em. 

Food:

Coffee in the am and just got a mid-morning boost from Starbucks. Candy bar in the afternoon and a drink with dinner.  Guess I'm not quite over the blues.

Alonetime:

Had some and spent it wisely! Worked on some songs, recorded them and everything so I could hear myself sing 'em back. Great exercise!

Gratitude:

Got my new glasses today. Grateful to be able to see stuff now. ;-)

Goals for today:

• Document PL ad rate trends in wiki. Almost done - designer asked for more time.
  • Empty out AAA folder and document all. DONE!
  • Take first pass at stripped down version of resume. DONE!

Human Adventurer

Fri July 15

Yoga:

10 minutes of just getting it in. Breaking the Friday pattern - yay!

Food:

Coffee in the am. Cookie and a Sprite at the gig. Hey, it's part of our pay. ;-)

Alonetime:

Strolled out to the backyard and sat on the back wall. Lovely morning. Thought about this and that. Got my head on straight.

Gratitude:

Hey! We had a good time at our gig! Sang duets with the spousal unit at the local coffee shop...and people listened! This is a first for us. Usually, they just readjust their headphones and tilt their laptop screens to a new angle. Har har. Seriously, though, I really needed the validation. I don't think I could have dealt with another round of rejection. Grateful that we went in with a cool and breezy attitude. Walking in, we decided that we were just going to play for ourselves. That took all the pressure off. :-)

Goals for today:

• Miscellaneous work stuff, defined elsewhere so as not to torment people here. DONE!
  • Finish first draft of streamlined resume. DONE! Pretty happy with the direction this is going.
  • Like 1

Human Adventurer

Mon July 18

Yoga:

25 minutes of moving slowly. Lots of child's posingness, twistingness, breathingness, and things of this nature.

Food:

Coffee in the am with breakfast. Less than usual, so backed it up with a trip to Starbucks before my first meeting. Otherwise, food all good. Drink w/dinner.

I just read back through my log, and I'm seeing a lot of drink-with-dinner notations and the like. Bad habits.

Alonetime:

Swung through Los Gatos and found a parking spot right in front of Sur La Table. So, I bought my very first adult chef knife! Like, a sharp one and everything. Proud of self. Came out of the shop feeling awesome. 

Gratitude:

Grateful that I was  able to kick off the day feeling better. At the spousal unit's gig, ran into an old friend who had just had a similar interviewing experience. Turns out, he now works at one of my cool target companies (I won't name any names, but recently acquired by Microsoft). Also grateful that Sur La Table had a whole bunch of carrots for me to chop up in order to make a knife-purchasing decision.

Goals for today:

• Document new flow stuff. DONE!
  • Follow up with the people who need following up with (with whom I need to follow up). DONE!
  • Review new resume and finalize. DONE!
  • If time, put new resume up in the logical places. DONE!

Human Adventurer

Tues July 19

Yoga:

None. Cut my morning routine short to hustle in to work for an 8:30am meeting. Which ended up not happening. Sigh.

Food:

Coffee in the am with breakfast. Diet Coke in the afternoon. Beer at the gig. Other food pretty good, but clearly I have a liquidity problem.

Alonetime:

Took my laptop outside to the courtyard to work a bit. Lovely day!

Gratitude:

Gig last night, my first 3-hour spell on the bass since my injury. A little achy by the end of it, but finished up with my thumb still attached to my hand. Yay!

Goals for today:

• Finish that one set of messages. DONE!
  • Document that other flow in full. DONE!
  • Online portfolio - flesh out the basic framework. ALMOST DONE! Still a few of the basic elements to add in, but I now know where everything is going to go.

Human Adventurer

Wed July 20

Yoga:

15 minutes. 5 minutes more than intended, so, yay!

Food:

Coffee in the am with breakfast, and a mid-morning small cuppa. Poppyseed bagel with nothing on it mid-morning. Wanted a Diet Coke in the afternoon, but thanks to my new little baby 1-week goal, had an apple instead. Drink with dinner, but dinner itself was good.

Alonetime:

Back out to the patio at work. Gettin' warm. Felt good, and felt like I could focus.

Gratitude:

Such a beautiful drive in this morning. Came over the summit, and saw sunny mountainsides sloping to the ocean on one side, and a mountain valley brimming with fog on the other. Grateful that I remembered to turn my head and soak this in.

Goals for today:

• Come up with caveat messaging for that one flow. DONE!
  • Participate in site picker discussion. DONE!
  • Draft work goals to satisfy crazy manager. STILL TO DO.
  • Finish online portfolio framework. GETTIN' THERE.

Goal for the week ending Wed Jul 27:

• New section!
  • Weighed myself this morning and have crept up another few pounds.
  • Current: X32.2
  • I need to bring more attention to this. Status quo isn't a-workin'.
  • I know I'm not supposed to have weight-loss goals, but I'm going to have a little baby one, as a way to drive other behaviors.
  • Goal by next Wednesday: X31.7 (1/2 pound).

Human Adventurer

Thurs July 21

Yoga:

20 minutes. Held down dog a bit longer than usual. One day, my heels will touch the ground.

Food:

Coffee in the am with breakfast. Food all good. Drink with dinner.

Alonetime:

Had a little when I got home. Sat outside with los gatos for a few minutes, and cogitated on this and that.

Gratitude:

There's this red-tailed hawk. He sits on a power pole right at the junction of Highway 17 and Highway 85. There's a wide-ish planted area there, with a couple of trees, some shrubs and wildness...and, I'll betchya, gophers and ground squirrels. He's always there, and I see him on my way in the morning. For years, now. He's always there. Lone. Pensive.

Today, he had a friend. 

There were TWO of them! Two! On the same pole, about 2 feet apart. Both facing the same way, quiet and still. Together. Not lone.

And I got to see it. How cool was that?!

Goals for today:

• Back to Coursera course that's been twice abandoned. Sign up for next session. DONE!
  • Draft work goals to satisfy crazy manager. DONE!
  • Finish online portfolio framework. Don't be daunted, you'll get there! Still a bit to go. 

• X31.7 (1/2 pound)

Human Adventurer

The weekend went pretty well. Had an apple pie after the gig on Sunday. Otherwise, food all good. Coffee consumption was reasonable. Drink with dinner on Friday. Light yoga-ing throughout. Alone time was achieved, too. I felt myself being grateful in general for what we have. Many out there are in trouble. We are still hanging in there. It could be worse. It could be raining. ;-)

Tues July 26

Yoga:

30 minutes. Felt good. Cats came and helped me, by walking underneath me and sitting on their briskets right where I usually stretch out. 

Food:

No coffee. Did I mention? I skipped coffee yesterday and called in sick. Spent the day in bed, decaffeinating. Today, still none. Although, large Jamba Juice, a chicken tender, a beer, and dinner at 9pm

Alonetime:

Strolled over to the new building. Had to get a replacement badge (left mine at home because no coffee), but very nice little walk. 

Gratitude:

Still employed. 

Goals for today:

• Complete first session of new online course. DONE!
  • First draft of new first-time-use experience. Not done.
  • Continue online portfolio framework. Don't be daunted, you'll get there! None done.

• X32.2 -> X31.7 (1/2 pound)

Human Adventurer

Wed July 27

Yoga:

20 minutes. Cats again were a big help. ;-)

Food:

No coffee. No sugar. No alcohol. Had 1/2 a bagel in the am. Otherwise, food all good.

Alonetime:

Cleaned up the house, like a total adult and everything. 

Gratitude:

Stuck in traffic in the afternoon heat. Grateful that I had a whole list of songs to work on, and grateful that I had a bottle of cold water with me. 

Goals for today:

• Complete second session of new online course. DONE!
  • First draft of new first-time-use experience. Not done.
  • Continue online portfolio framework. Don't be daunted, you'll get there! No progress.
  • Apply for that one job, if don't hear back from your linkedin contact. DONE!

• Goal; X32.2 -> X31.7 (1/2 pound)
  • Reality: X32.2 -> X32.6 (up almost 1/2 pound)
  • Bummed, because I weighed myself on Saturday and I was down to X31.0. 
  • I blame the beer, the chicken tenders, the Jamba Juice, and dinner at 9:00pm.
  • Going to weigh myself tomorrow, to see if a day of detoxing has any effect.
  • I actually feel pretty hopeful, overall. I'm heading in the right direction (more healthy), and that's okay.

Human Adventurer

Thur July 28

Yoga:

30 minutes. More helpful cats. I seem to be part of their new morning routine.

Food:

No coffee. No sugar. No alcohol. Food all good, except had rice with dinner.

Alonetime:

Gorgeous morning coming over the summit. Since my early meeting got cancelled, took the back way down the mountain. Lovely quiet drive.

Gratitude:

Driving through the mountains, warm air and scent of the redwoods coming through the window, past the little house where the elderly lady sells eggs to her neighbors, past the little Christmas tree farm, through the trees, down the long descent into town, so grateful there is still a way to stay connected to what is beautiful and real. Life up there is sweet and slow, like the singing of a dove.

Goals for today:

• Complete second session assignment of online course. Not done.
  • First bad draft of new first-time-use experience. Not finished.
  • Continue online portfolio framework. Do at least one thing. Nuthin'. 

Wow, not so good. What was I doing all day?

Goal for the week ending Thurs Aug 4:

Weighed myself this morning and came in at X31.8. Close to last week's goal. Think I'll reset and try this again.

• Goal; X31.8 -> X31.3 (1/2 pound)

Human Adventurer

Fri July 29

Yoga:

None yet.

Food:

About 1/4 cup of coffee following a sleepless night. Wine with dinner. Food all good.

Alonetime:

Sat outside in the evening, before it got too cold. Just thought a few thoughts.

Gratitude:

Grateful that we are about to start the Great Garage Rebuilding Project after all this time. Design review passed. Building permit success. Contract signed with builder. Start date on the calendar. Our little house is 100 years old this year and we really wanted to give it a birthday present. Gigantic party when it's all done!

Goals for today:

• Complete second session assignment of online course. No progress.
  • First bad draft of new first-time-use experience. DONE! TWO bad drafts!
  • Continue online portfolio framework. Do at least one thing. No progress.
  • Take Billy and Emma to the vet for their annual good-kitty visit. DONE! 16 years old and still healthy and lively! Good kitties!

Human Adventurer

Sat July 30

Yoga:

A few minutes while making breakfast.

Food:

No coffee. No sugar. No alcohol. Rice with dinner, otherwise food all good.

Alonetime:

Napped. And napped some more. 4 hours worth of napping. 

Gratitude:

Grateful I didn't have anything else on the calendar after that gig. It kicked my butt! 

Goals for today:

• Get through the 10am gig without coffee. DONE!

Human Adventurer

Sun July 31

Yoga:

Over an hour! Did one of the sequences out of my little book. Felt great!

Food:

No coffee. No sugar. No alcohol. Food all good.

Alonetime:

Serious yard work. Cleared the spent flowers from the meadow area in preparation for the Great Garage Building Project. The workers are gonna need a place to stand.  

Gratitude:

Oh, so cool! I guess I stirred up a lot of little bugs during my clearing work. A little flock of bush tits came chirping into the yard. I stayed verrrrry still and eventually they were all around me, busy busy busy. Then, I heard an unfamiliar voice, and looked up to see a brown creeper in the pear tree! Very unusual to see one of these guys in town. A second later, the scrub jays were doing their part to help keep the yard bug-free. When you stay still, and quiet, you can see many shy friends.

Goals for today:

• Clear the meadow. DONE!

Human Adventurer

Mon Aug 1

Yoga:

25 minutes. Had intentions to do more, but just slapped that alarm right off and rolled over.

Food:

No coffee. No sugar. No alcohol. Food all good. 

Also, ironically, another sleepless night. I probably shouldn't have watched 'The Big Short' right before taking out a ginormous loan to build the garage.

Alonetime:

None, really. Just a-sittin' in traffic, thinking about this and that.

Gratitude:

Gorgeous day, not too hot! 

Goals for today:

• Finalize those error messages. DONE!
  • Rewrite that one screen. DONE!
  • Take another look at the stuff you wrote on Friday and spiff it up as needed. DONE!
  • Do Coursera assignment. Argh. Not done.
  • Do one thing - just one thing - on the work samples sight. Double-argh...still not done.

Human Adventurer

Tues Aug 2

Yoga:

25 minutes. Worked on my feet, and getting my back to loosen up.

Food:

No coffee. Yet. Gotta tell you, I'm reeeeeaaallly dying for a cuppa. I've had this low-level barely-there headache for a week. I know it would go away if I had even just a teeeeeny little bit. 

Upate: Had 1/3 of a cup around 11am. Followed by another 1/3 of a cup about 10 minutes later.

No alcohol or sugar or sodas. Food all good, although with 2 restaurant meals it was a challenge. Mouthful of steamed rice at lunch w/chicken and vegetables, mouthful of rice at dinner with salmon.

Alonetime:

Love loooong drive down to the gig. 

Gratitude:

Admired the dry rolling hills along 101. Grateful that my day takes me through that part of the road now and then.

Goals for today:

• Do Coursera assignment. That's it. Just get it done. ARGH. Still not done. 1/2-way, though. Almost there.

Human Adventurer

Wed Aug 3

Yoga:

25 minutes. Bumped into Emma, who then flicked her tail in my face as she walked under me during downward dog.

Food:

No coffee. No sugar. No alcohol. Food all good, except for steamed rice with dinner.

Woot: Walked RIGHT PAST the gigantic cake covered in 1.75 inches of fluffy frosting that was sitting in the 2nd floor kitchen. Yay for me!

Alonetime:

Sat out in the back with the kitties and stared at our hideous garage-like structure. Then, got inspired and went inside and put away all my shoes.

Gratitude:

Their annual blood tests came back, we got some concerning news about our two elderly ones. So grateful that for now their tails are still up, their eyes are still bright, they still have all their stripes, and the purrs are still coming long and strong. So grateful for the many years of love and joy and fun. So grateful to have had the opportunity to know this kind of love. 

Goals for today:

• Work on all of that other random messaging. Not done.
  • Finish Coursera assignment. Still not done, neither. Argh.

• Update: Weighed self this morning, and self weighed X29.9. 
  • Not quite sure why. No coffee? Hmmmmm.
  • Time to set a new goal tomorrow. 

Human Adventurer

Thur Aug 4

Yoga:

10 minutes. Bare minimum.

Food:

1/2 cup with breakfast. Forgot to make tea to steep while in the shower and fell prey to the warm, dark, evil liquid. Then, had small cup at 11:30am as part of a meeting. Feel myself slipping down a dark, slippery, coffee-flavored slope. The rest of the day was good. No sugar. No alcohol. Food all good.

Alonetime:

Nice stroll to-and-fro the big building at the other side of campus. Enjoyed the sunshine.

Gratitude:

Sat in with the girls last night at a gig at the summit. Very fun! Someone tipped us $100 buckaroonies. Very grateful to know these gals - talented, hilarious, and tried and true. So grateful they asked me to play!

Goals for today:

• Prioritize all the asks, and attack them one at a time. DONE!
  • Stretch goal: Finish Coursera assignment. Argh.
  • No extra caffeine, soda, alcohol, or sugary substances at the gig tonight. DONE!

Goal for the week ending Thurs Aug 11:

• New goal: X29.9 -> X29.4 (1/2 pound)

Human Adventurer

Fri Aug 5

Yoga:

None, as is my Friday bad habit.

Food:

Cup o' coffee with breakfast. That didn't take long.

Alonetime:

Got some. Standing out back, watching the 2 brown creepers in the oak tree.

Gratitude:

The creepers. Remind me to tell you about it when I have more time.

Goals for today:

• Prioritize all the asks, and finish all. DONE!
  • Finish Coursera assignment. DONE!
  • Nail 11am thingie. DONE!

Goal for the week ending Thurs Aug 11:

• New goal: X29.9 -> X29.4 (1/2 pound)

Human Adventurer