Well I'm a few days late to the party thanks to a giant city-closing snow storm and a whole slew of medical non-sense, but I'm here.

This challenge is not going to be a normal challenge for me. I absolutely just need to focus on stress management and deal with whatever is thrown at me over the next few weeks. Even if things turn out best case scenario, I will have a lot going on, and self care is going to be very important.

STAY SANE:

Get my diet in order.

I lost 5 lbs last challenge and I'd like to keep that momentum going. But let's be honest here - i don't eat when I'm stressed. Not "I don't eat well," just, I don't eat. So I'm going to focus on trying to keep my diet as healthy and normal as possible, while actually making a conscious effort to keep eating.

- Eat!

- Make good food choices

- Don't eat crap I didn't bring to work (occasional popcorn allowed if I'm not eating enough)

Strength Train Regularly.

I feel better when I work out. I am going to be making up time at work from medical appointments and this massive snow storm. But I need to make an effort to stay active.

- Exercise! Aiming for any kind, 2x a week. Preferably weight lifting

Work on Decluttering My House.

I made some good progress on decluttering last challenge. My kitchen is looking a million times better. I still have some areas that need work in there, as well as most of the rest of the house (eep!). Decluttering is something that takes my mind off stress and brings me peace. I need to keep it up in some form, even while dealing with life.

- Get rid of something significant and measureable every week!

MOTIVATION

"You're going to go through touch times - that's life. But I say, 'Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.' See the positive in negative events."

"Be strong when you are weak, brave when you are scared, and humble when you are victorious"

PROGRESS

• Like 1

You aren't going to get the butt you want by sitting on the one you have.
Challenges: 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10  • 11 â€¢ 12 • 13 • Current

Aspiring Success Story: start 242     current 179.8     goal 142  |  Total Lost: 62.2 lbs  Follow me on Facebook

Half-Nymph Assassin Warrior • Level Up Club Alumni • Nerd Fitness Academy Member • Camp Nerd Fitness Attendee

So, yesterday to eat I had: 1 bowl of oatmeal. 1 cup of coffee. 1 piece of cheese with 5 crackers and 5 round slices off of a sausage, 1 crepe with strawberries and creme and 1 crepe with green chili, broccoli and cheese sauce. Not the end of the world, but I didn't even bother trying to count the calories.

Today I have had: 1 cup of coffee. 1 cheese danish. 1 handful of pork rinds. I've been staring at a cup of yogurt for 2 hours.

It's safe to say i internalize stress in my stomach. I need to get the yogurt down in the next half hour and then try to stomach some dinner.

In my immediate future (i.e. this week) I need to:

Get my husband healed from major oral surgery

Get the chef healed from his vasectomy

Get my sister healed from her emergency ovary removal

Not have a breakdown before we get the biopsy report from my sister's aforementioned surgery (hopefully Friday)

Yeah, I think that's it. I have to take my daughter to a birthday party on Friday night (so much do not want) and Saturday is my husband's birthday. If my sister's biopsy comes back cancerous, I probably will have to have my own surgery/biopsy done on my left ovary on Monday. Although they may just go the extra aggressive route and schedule me for surgery with an oncologist right away, so we'll see.

I just keep reminding myself that the probability of my baby sister and I both having ovarian cancer at the exact. same. time. is little to none. It's very likely that we were simply diagnosed with endometrosis at the same time, since chances increase 10-fold if a relative has it. There would still be a possibility of me needing surgery down the road, but it wouldn't be nearly as bad of a scenario.

I think that's it for now :) No workouts yet this week. Mostly because I was trapped in the house and working from home for 2 days. I could have done something, but I'm a little on the worn-out side right now. I was hoping to feel better after my appointment, but I guess I get at least a few more days of super-high-stress.

• Like 1

Aspiring Success Story: start 242     current 179.8     goal 142  |  Total Lost: 62.2 lbs  Follow me on Facebook

Half-Nymph Assassin Warrior • Level Up Club Alumni • Nerd Fitness Academy Member • Camp Nerd Fitness Attendee

This whole 'make sure you eat' thing is going to be difficult for a while.

Last night I managed to have some turkey taco meat lettuce wraps. That was it. And it took me 3 hours to eat.

Today I have had: 1 protein drink. 100 calories of cashews. 1 cup greek yogurt. 1 cup berries.

I am not doing amazing here. I had a minor mental breakdown last night followed by no sleep. I've been picking fights with people who love me. Trying to pretend like everything is fine is not working for me. I really hope we get biopsy results tomorrow so I can start to move on with a plan of attack. My sister is going to need a hysterectomy, and she's hoping to just get it done on Monday. That will depend on whether or not we get a call tomorrow. Then everything I have to do will fall in after that.

I was supposed to do a yearly asthma check up next week, but I think I'm going to cancel it. Of all the things I have going on right now, worrying about something that isn't currently affecting me isn't high on my priority list. I'm going to do that tomorrow, and I already feel less stressed having made that decision. I'm going to have to really pick and choose what I focus on for the next few weeks.

No gym today since I didn't sleep. And I'm too emotionally drained to put in extra effort right now. But I'm focusing on self care, and exercise will come when I'm feeling a little more focused.

• Like 1

Ok, so I got good news:

NO CANCER

So that helps me out tremendously right now. First hurtle: done. My sister still has to have a hysterectomy on Monday. I still might end up with surgery myself. But for now, I can go the less invasive route. I'll be starting hormones this weekend, and I have a follow up ultrasound scheduled in 3 months. I have to watch for signs of stroke, especially the first month, and I'm behind on my mammogram and need to get that in... but it's a much better-case scenario for everyone.

My husband is almost healed up from his oral surgery. He's still a little sore. The Chef is doing well after his surgery, which hardly phased him. And my sister only has to go one week between surgeries, so it's not like she'll be feeling much better and then get knocked down again. So all good news there.

I had a decent dinner last night of homemade lasagna. I'm going to try to have some more for lunch. I've only had a protein shake and some cashews so far today. i actually got some sleep last night, so that was nice. And here we are, almost at the weekend again. Tonight I have a sleep over with The Chef, and tomorrow is my hubby's birthday. We have friends coming over, so that will be good. Sunday I'm going to deliver lasagna to a few girl friends who also just had surgery (seriously, wth 2016?!), and figure out what I want to do next in the decluttering madness. I'm tempted to stay in the kitchen and work on the crazy pantry and fridge first. Plus I have one more box of bill-paying stuff I need to address on the counter.

so overall I'm feeling better today. But still lots going on.

• Like 2

Found and caught up on the last few days. Let me just say "YESSSS no cancer!!!!!!"

I think I would puke anyway with that much waiting and stress and anxiety (terminal worrier right here) so eating even minimal through this week is amazing in my eyes.

Hope you have a good time this weekend and give yourself some slack, you've had some major life shifts going on lately and you need time to adjust!

Sent by my Navi-powered device!

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31