The Drell Assassin

I'm already a member of both the Academy and Nerd Fitness Yoga. I never actually bothered to make an account here for some reason, but I'm here now. I think one thing that's been missing from my efforts to get healthier is true accountability. I may mention to friends that I'm trying to lose weight, but I don't really have a community of people to check in with. Well, until now!

I am a 23 year old guy living in Massachusetts. I work two jobs, so I'm busy, but not too busy to find time for my hobbies. I spend a lot of time playing video games. It's possible you may have guessed one of my favorites already. I also have recently been looking into starting Aikido.

Oh, and I'm transgender. ^_^

I'm about 215 lbs, as of about a week ago. I'm not really sure what my goal weight is. I just know that I'm overweight, and it's negatively impacting my health. It also definitely impacts my self esteem, since the fat I have is distributed according to my hormones, which I have yet to hack. (Just to clarify, by "hacking my hormones" I mean going on testosterone.) While it's not necessarily my job to convince people of my gender, it's certainly no fun getting misgendered all the time, and I'd prefer it if I gave off fewer "girl" signals to perfect strangers.

Also, I'd love to have more energy, and I'd love to see what I can do with my body, testing its limits (safely) and maybe discovering things I love about it instead of just wallowing in "why me" angst.

Anyway, that's a bit about me. :)

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully you'll have fun here and find the accountability you need to go further with your journey.

I hope you will find things you love about your body soon, but I think there are definitely things to love! Maybe start 'small', or readjust your focus? (Perhaps you've never "noticed" your arms and they are gorgeous, and can lift lots of weight. Just guessing here. :distracted:)

Good luck!