BeautifulBeast- back for more

BeautifulBeast

Last month I started at the respawn point. It's been a long year, but the end is in sight and I'm ready to return to the land of the rangers....within reason. I have a big ole belly that is preventing me from doing all the things, but I am still working on leveling up! 

My biggest issue is I am being split 5 billion ways. I need to turn my focus onto one or two things, not seven. Since my hopes of house hunting this month and next have been put aside for the moment, I can focus on my career for the time being. My main focus needs to be my coaching business since adding more classes and working on building my in gym career is pointless right now. Adding more classes needs to be set aside until after the baby is born and I am able to return from maternity leave. 

Being pulled in a million directions is made worse by the fact that I'm currently struggling with a bout of depression for no good dang reason. It's harder somehow, since I was really, truly happy before this wave hit. I've never been happy when depression decided to pop up before. So now I'm struggling, but I'm hanging in there :-/

My goals this month are: 

Goal 1: Power Hour every day, no excuses. Replace "I don't have time" with "It's not a priority" 

Goal 2: Eat vegetables. At least two servings a day. It's been a struggle to do even that during this pregnancy. I also need to eat more protein, but I can work on that next month! 

Goal 3: Run streak. I've been at it for 7 days now. Run (or walk...or run/walk) one mile every day. From now until the baby is born :D 

That's it for now. 

• Like 2

Level 10 Wandering Nord

Constitution: 15.5 Strength: 14 Wisdom: 17.5 Stamina: 12.25 Dexterity: 2 Charisma: 8
Current Challenge: Picking Up The Pieces

congratulations on baby!  after the arrival you'll want to take baby on many outdoor walks which will give you the opportunity to try out steve's playground workout.  it's great to get outside and clear your head once the parenting begins :)  

a tip for your veggie goal:  I try to cut up my veggies once a week and sort them into 2 cup servings and put them in ziplocs.  Then I have veggies to put with meals.  I also do that with salads.  I buy the bag salad (usually a kale blend because I want the most nutritional bang for my buck) and I prep the ziplocs with i cup salad mix + 1 cup cut veggies.  rarely do I eat the salad plain, I almost alway add a protein to them when I'm ready to eat (4oz).  I try to have 4-6 bags of veggies prepped at all times so there are no excuses.   I have three boys so it's easy to get overwhelmed and tired and want to forget about the veggies but this has worked for me.  

good luck with your challenge!

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Congratulations on baby and on your streak! Your goals look well-focused and doable. Ah, I know the frustration of depression that comes out of nowhere and for no apparent reason. Keep hanging in there and let us know how things are going. 

Cheering you on!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir