This is pretty late, but things have been crazy and I wasn't sure I was going to make another challenge anyways. But better late than never: here I am. So I had a good idea last challenge: get the basics solid. Unfortunately, I still tried to do too much, and crashed and burned. I even gained weight... :( This time, I'm going to focus on just getting into a routine. For anybody interested, my old challenge is here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/76107-lydiajaybird-goes-back-to-basics/

Main Quest - Get comfortable in a daily routine

Up until now, my focus was always losing weight. I'm still interested in losing weight as an overall goal in my life (hey, just found my life quest!), but to do that, I need to get some other aspects of my life in order. So I'm going to switch from making losing weight my main goal each challenge, to making things that will help me lose weight my main goal. So this time, that's having a routine. I know that normally people here are really big on having quantifiable goals, but I think getting routine is more important for me right now than measurable progress.

Goals

1. Get up & Go - Get up at 6-6:30am (even on weekends!!). On weekends I can stay in bed with my kitty cat, laptop, or a book once I wake up, but on weekdays, I have to get OUT of bed by 6:30 and make the bed. Once I'm up, it doesnt really matter what I do. If i want to get up at 6 and play WoW until it's time to go to work, thats fine. I woke up and thats what matters for this challenge. (Yeah, thats right. Not putting exercise in here. Generally, I've found I dont have a problem going running in the morning. I have a problem getting out of bed in the morning. So I'm going to focus on getting out of bed for now. If I go running too, cherry on top. I'll probably include that in my Life Quest.)

2. Chefs belong in the Kitchen - Eat at home! No more eating out! Too often, when I was doing the diet goal, if I failed, I'd just say, aw, screw it & order pizza or go eat out! Which is so much worse than just cooking something at home that might be outside of the diet. So for this challenge, I'm going to focus on having everything I eat be something I made at home. If I want to cheat on my diet, I'll have to put it on my grocery list. And I'm much less impulsive in the grocery store than I am with online ordering and drive throughs.

3. Check In - This goal is to stay accountable. (Also, hopefully some of you all will pop in more often to offer support if I'm posting more often about what's going on. Shout out to those of y'all that popped in during my last challenge, I'm very grateful!) I have to weigh myself every morning (yes, I know, I'm not going to lose weight every day, and some days I'll gain. But if I don't weigh every day, I find myself going WEEKS without weighing myself, and thats when weight gain happens), and post my weight and any other updates on whats going on.

Life Quest

Lose weight! This is where I'll get credit for running, doing my pole and aerial silks, and sticking to my diet. Let's say 1 point of extra credit for every pound lost?

Measurements

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 189.8 *crying sounds*

Waist:

Hips:

Thigh:

I will put in all my measurements tomorrow morning.

Grading

Each goal will be graded weekly & be worth 1/3 of that week's total grade. Life Points are unlimited extra credit that can be added to my final score! My final grade will be the average of all four weeks plus my Life Goal extra credit. I need to make at least a B (80%) to pass the challenge. Since I started late, the first week will be just the points from today on.
Get up & Go - 1 point each day for getting up on time. On weekdays, I MUST make my bed after getting up for this to count! (Otherwise, I'll just crawl right back in...)

Chefs belong in the Kitchen - 1 point for each meal made at home. So 3/day possible.

Check In - 1 point/day for weighing in.

Exceptions - I'm doing some out-of-state interviewing at the moment, been to Atlanta twice the past couple weeks and will be flying to Florida next week. So when I'm out of town, just try to eat healthy to earn the Chefs belong in the Kitchen point. Obviously, if I'm away from my scale, I don't have to weigh-in, but try to at least put a sentence or two here on my challenge with why I'm not weighing in. If I get one of these jobs and have to move... Well I'll figure out what that means when it happens.

Motivation

I don't know what to do for motivation this go around. My most successful motivations have been the materialistic ones, but I'm not in a place financially to do that right now. So I don't know.

• Like 1

Level 1 Half-elf Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 1

'From flabby geek to Sheik and Mystique'

Instagram: LJaybirdfly

Current Challenge:

Creating a routine and getting things to be habit is so important! Sounds like good, doable goals for building habits. :)  

• Like 1

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Yay, you're back! <3 

I think concentrating on a routine that works for you is a good call. It's easier to make changes, imo, once you know more or less what will happen every day. For grocery shopping, it takes an extra few minutes of prep, but I find it super helpful to get my meals mostly set for the week, make out a list, check out ads beforehand for any good sales for additions, and then stick to your list once you're in the store. It helps me cut down on impulse buys. Good luck!

• Like 2

Maeghaan | Assassin

EQ Level 2 | NF Level 4

I started a blog: The Cognitive Itch
"Even in these chains, you can't stop me"

Weight loss goal: Drop from 247 to 160

36%
36%

I'd say your idea of making a routine is an excellent goal, and that you've found a way to quantify it. Good luck on your interviews.

• Like 1

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

Weighed in at 187.4 today. Unfortunately, no measurements.... I cant find my tape >.< I feel like I JUST had it.... and now I've no clue where it got off to... Might have to buy more if it doesnt turn up :/

Ate all my food from home, so yay. Also, I decided not to set my alarm for the early wake-up today because I came down with a cold yesterday... With my interview on Monday, I decided lots of sleep was more immediately important to get well. Still woke up at 8am, though, so not bad. Napped on and off all day, but still sniffling :( hopefully it'll clear up by Monday, but I'm worried its just going to get worse - air travel is MEAN to head colds. So we'll see. Hopefully, even if I'm still sick on Monday, I'll be able to pull myself together and do a good interview... Moral question - I do a good handshake and thats always a nice start to meeting interviewers... but do I want to risk getting them sick too? Maybe I should just apologize and explain that I've got a cold? But I dont want to do anything to jeopardize my chance!! If I can make myself appear well for the interview (no sniffles, etc.), I may just make liberal use of hand sanitizer beforehand to try and protect them without being awkward about the handshake... I dont know. For now, Im just gonna down some Nyquil and go to sleep!!

Current Challenge:

Refusing a handshake is SUPER awkward. I'd definitely go with the wash your hands often, touch your face as little as possible, and use hand sanitizer.

Or just feel so much better by Monday that it's not even an issue. That's probably the best solution, actually :playful:.

• Like 1

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

Didn't weigh in this morning... I was running late for the airport, so just grabbed my shit and peaced out. But I got up at 6am (well, had to for the flight, but still.) Didn't eat anything at home except breakfast b/c... well... I took a plane to another state. So excused on that! Interview is tomorrow. Super fucking nervous. I'm debating between fleshing out my presentation more or leaving it as is. Im trying to keep it really conversational, so I havent written a speech to memorize, just given myself bulletpoints to talk about... And I'm considering actually writing something out. Or maybe practicing going over the bullet points a few times. I just find that doing that makes me mechanical when I actually go to present, because then I'm just resaying words rather than discussing something. Also my powerpoint is super plain because I was trying to stay professional. But now I'm worried that it'll seem lackluster. UGH. But the recruiter said that I should be more concerned with how I communicate my content than with the actual content, so idk. *mild panicking*

Current Challenge:

Found you :)

Sorry I have been so absent the last two weeks, I kind of fell off the NF planet for a while due to my rough waters at work and family needing me lots.... getting back on the wagon now and really glad to see you decide to stay around after all! By the way we have a new poler with the assassins, you might want to go look for her, I think it's Fridelisan? Must go check again, sooooo many awesome people to catch up with after my break, squeee

I like your goals, they're getting clearer and they will keep shifting again, especially when you're more settled with work and things.

Talking about that, do the handshake - there are millions more of germs on any door handle than on your hands. As long as you don't sneeze into them right before shaking, you'll be fine ;)

Also about your presentation, you'll do fine and you know it. I used to be a tour guide at an exhibition center for a while and I remember how before each new exhibition (we always had 6 months break to prepare for the next theme) I would rehearse my main points again and again, freaking out more with each repetition and getting more and more panicky... and then when it was time to start, I'd get started and as I was talking nerves calmed and it always, ALWAYS went okay. And of course, I always phrased things different to how I had planned :tongue:

So I think, bullet points are the smart thing to do. They give you a thread to follow without being too rehearsed and mechanic.

Those people want to meet YOU and if you are a match for them, it'll flow easy enough. If you aren't then they aren't the right place for you either and you'd soon have to look for something else anyway. I know you really want this to work (you came a long way for the interview) but it's good to remember there are more options than this only.

Still holding thumbs for you, obviously :)

Hope your cold is easing up already. 

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Sorry I have been so absent the last two weeks, I kind of fell off the NF planet for a while due to my rough waters at work and family needing me lots.... getting back on the wagon now and really glad to see you decide to stay around after all! By the way we have a new poler with the assassins, you might want to go look for her, I think it's Fridelisan? Must go check again, sooooo many awesome people to catch up with after my break, squeee

You're fine! Things get crazy sometimes :) But I'm glad you're back!

New poler? YAS!!!! =DD

So I got the job!!!! Just gotta do the drug test sometime in the next couple of days and its mine! =D I start the end of March! So I'll probably move early to mid-March (It's in Florida). My cold never did let up... which made the plane rides MISERABLE, but I pounded down cold medicine and was able to have the appearance of health during my presentation/interview. :) I'm so excited. Not only is this finally my first big-girl job after graduating, but I get to move somewhere totally new! Fresh start!! And I'll be living really close to my cousin, Laura, who is AWESOME. AND there's some really awesome pole/aerial studios down there!! ^-^ AND I'll be really close to Harry Potter World and Disney!!!! xDDD IM SO EXCITED. Though I'm a little worried my kitty cat will get eaten by an alligator D=

Today's check-in: Weighed in at 190 again :/ not super surprised after eating airport food for two days, but still disappointing to see.

• Like 3

Current Challenge:

Congratulations!!!!!

How awesome and huge, so very excited with you. Go celebrate for as long as you can :)

• Like 1

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Still 190 this morning. Yesterday I overslept AND ate delivery for dinner >.< It was really frustrating, actually. I got home from work, went to the fridge to pull out the meat I'd put in there to thaw the night before AND IT WAS STILL FROZEN. So I'm sitting there like, well wtf do I do now? So I just ordered delivery :/ I swear, if the stuff is still frozen tonight I'm going to lose my shit. This morning it was still pretty frozen, so... -_-

Current Challenge:

have had the same with defrosting meat, so I put it out into the sink overnight and that worked well enough, I just forgot our cats :P

Not much left to save....

Now I place it out into the sink with a heavy glass bowl or lid to cover it  :pirate:

• Like 1

THE MEAT WAS STILL FROZEN. My shit is officially lost. -_- So I ended up eating delivery again last night. Ugh. BUT this time, it doesnt matter if the meat doesnt finish thawing!! Because I made more meal shakes! So even if that shit is still frozen shit, I can just eat a shake. Oh, and 190 again this morning.

Current Challenge:

THE MEAT WAS STILL FROZEN. My shit is officially lost. -_- So I ended up eating delivery again last night. Ugh. BUT this time, it doesnt matter if the meat doesnt finish thawing!! Because I made more meal shakes! So even if that shit is still frozen shit, I can just eat a shake. Oh, and 190 again this morning.

I never thaw meat in the fridge for just this reason. You need to plan like a week in advance! If you need to thaw it fast, put it in the sink under running water (in the plastic). Hot water is really fast, but raises food safety issues if you forget it. On the other hand, if you can thaw in 20 minutes running it under warm water, it still won't be out long enough to be a concern.  Cold water works pretty well too.

Congratulations on the job. That's great!

• Like 2

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

Past Challenges:

I never thaw meat in the fridge for just this reason. You need to plan like a week in advance! If you need to thaw it fast, put it in the sink under running water (in the plastic). Hot water is really fast, but raises food safety issues if you forget it. On the other hand, if you can thaw in 20 minutes running it under warm water, it still won't be out long enough to be a concern.  Cold water works pretty well too.

Congratulations on the job. That's great!

I guess I'm going to have to start doing this... normally if I put it in the fridge the night before it's thawed by the time I want to cook it. I think the problem was that it was this MASSIVE roll of ground turkey, so being so big it kinda kept itself cold longer. I think.

Thanks!! Im so excited xDDD

Current Challenge:

Weighed in this morning at 189. Woohoo. It's super frustrating to re-lose weight... because I just can't get as excited. When I hit 189 the first time late summer/early fall I was STOKED. But now I'm like, ok yeah thats nice, but I'm still WAYY over where I was before Christmas!! Trying to be excited anyways, but... :/ Oh well. Still happy to see progress. Speaking of progress, I did a bat hang in aerial silks class last night :) Yay! (for none silks-people, a bat hang is exactly what it sounds like. You hang upside from your feet (and some around your hips, but not the point) like a bat.) Because my class is super mature, we ended up quoting the Count from sesame street while we did it. xD Oh, and I ate at home, yay, and overslept boo. I'm thinking about including bedtime again in my wake up goal. That helped last time.

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

What a fun silk class. Must be a really cool feeling to hang like a bat :)

Keep at it, you'll get there again AND lighter plus stronger!

• Like 1

I haven't checked in the past couple days cus I've been weighing in at "low battery". Haha, but I'm still here & still eating at home. Oh, except for last night. It was my friends last day working at the bar he's been at for years, so I went out to see him & wish him well & ran into a bunch of friends & ended up grabbing food together after last call. Needless to say, I didn't wake up on time this morning, haha

• Like 2

Current Challenge:

"Low battery" is better than mysteriously fluctuating, which is what my old scale did. Although I never really believed it when it said my weight ranged from 60 to 250 pounds within a 10 minute interval...

• Like 2

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

Past Challenges:

Still "low battery". But I'm going to the store today, so ill buy a new one then. Ate at home yesterday, but overslept again this morning. I don't think I've gotten up completely on time once this challenge. Def gonna incorporate the 10pm bedtime.

In more personal life news, I had a really nice valentines day. :) boyfriend & I went to go see deadpool & I loved it. & then we went home & had a really pleasant evening home alone - roommate was out. :)

• Like 2

Current Challenge:

I'm a little mad. Went and bought batteries for the scale, popped them in, stood on it to test and nothing. It doesn't even say "Lo" anymore. Just nothing. Tried the other battery from the pack. Still nothing. Tried putting the old battery back in to see if "Lo" would at least pop up. Nope. Nada. It's just dead. And now I've gotta buy a new one. What bullshit.

Current Challenge: