The plan for tomorrow is now 1 set of the warmup and 3 sets of the previous workout. My Chiro said to increase it to 3 after a week so, that's what I'm doing! I'm eager to see how I will do. I'll also be working on my feet for 6 hours.

Warm-Up

30 seconds of arm rotations forward

30 seconds of arm rotations back 

20 punches 

10 full squats 

5 lunges (each leg)

5 push-ups from knees with a pillow underneath to support my knee 

Workout 

10 full squats 

10 push-ups from knees with a pillow underneath to support my knee 

10 straight-leg sit-ups 

5 single leg Romanian deadlifts with no weight (each leg) 

30 sec front plank 

30 sec side plank 

30 sec front plank 

30 sec other side plank 

I am woman, hear me roar! 

tumblr_myk00w2BRf1rnxkm4o1_500.gif

EDIT: MARCH 1, 11:53PM 

I'm tired, let's go. 

I did my workout it went well. 

Breakfast: Berry smoothie from Starbucks 

Snack: Coconut energy bar, one carrot

Lunch: one avocado, 2 carrots 

Snack: Coconut energy bar  

Dinner: leftover spaghetti stir-fry 

Snack: snap peas and mini carrots, some doritos, some munchies, one hotdog

Dessert: French vanilla yogurt with coconut, maple syrup, chocolate chips, and oats 

Cups of water: 7 ish

Okay, this is a post for March 1 

I didn't do my workout today :(

It would have been good of me to do it because I went to counselling that day, but I also enjoyed eating homemade cheesecake (made by yours truly) and watching the Bourne Supremacy with my roommate. 

FOOD LOG 

Breakfast: one peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich on brown bread, one glass of milk, one whole carrot 

Lunch: another PB and J sandwich 

Snack: one piece of homemade chocolate cheesecake with Oreo crumb crust 

Dinner: Didn't really happen

Dessert: another piece of cheesecake with caramel drizzle, a little bit of green pepper 

Snack: homemade yam fries made with canola oil and an herb mixture with rosemary and garlic

Cups of water: 6 ish

This is a post for March 2 

I did my workout today!! 

FOOD LOG 

Breakfast: Customized smoothie from Starbucks with berries, milk, banana, and whey protein powder 

Snack: Half a homemade coconut energy bar 

Lunch: Another of the same smoothie from this morning 

Dinner: Stir-fied pork, green peppers, and kale with scrambled eggs, seasoned with salt and pepper, and a little sweetened coconut sprinkled on top 

Dessert: A maple pecan danish and small white hot chocolate from Time Horton's (I didn't win anything from roll up the rim  :( )

Cups of water: 7 ish

This is a post for March 3 

I didn't do my workout today :( 

FOOD LOG 

Breakfast: Half a coconut energy bar, my customized berry smoothie from Starbucks 

Snack: Grande half-sweet white hot chocolate with whip from Starbucks

Lunch: One whole avocado, one whole carrot, and some almonds 

Snack: One grande half-sweet hot chocolate from Starbucks made with coconut milk with whipped cream on top 

Dinner: 1/4 of my homemade cheesecake (barely anyone at work ate the piece I set aside for them, and then my roommate asked me to eat the rest of the cheesecake in the fridge so she wouldn't be tempted to eat it), one whole carrot

I didn't want to eat anything the rest of the night and went to sleep

It has become abundantly clear to me that most of the time when I make sweets, I will probably end up having to eat most of it. Therefore, I am not going to be making sweets very often anymore. Instead, I will try healthier options. I made a fudge out of almond butter, honey, and coconut oil (thank you chocolatecoveredkatie) and it was VERY good. My roommate was very impressed by it. 

Cups of water: 5 

FINALLY. The post for the REAL day. 

I did my workout today!! 

It was a bit harder today than most days, and I REALLY hope that wasn't because I hadn't been eating the best yesterday. 

I also went shopping and got A LOT of healthy foods. The kale alone is taking up an entire shelf. It's a little daunting, BUT I WILL EAT ALL OF IT!!!! 

FOOD LOG 

Breakfast: One coconut energy bar, one whole carrot 

Lunch: ??? didn't really happen 

Snack: one banana, one coconut energy bar, one glass of milk 

Dinner: TBD 

Cups of water: so far 2

The plan for tomorrow is this workout.

Warm-Up

20 punches 

10 full squats 

5 lunges (each leg)

Workout 

10 full squats 

10 straight-leg sit-ups 

30 sec front plank 

30 sec side plank 

30 sec front plank 

30 sec other side plank 

I also want to walk for 3 hours if I can. I'm making dinner for other people for the first time ever tomorrow and I'm really nervous and excited!!! The plan is: 

Main course: beef stroganoff with egg noodles  

Side: Salad made of romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, with chopped pecans 

Side: green beans and corn OR roasted veggies with tomatoes, green peppers, and carrots 

Dessert: marbled fudge made with white chocolate and bittersweet chocolate 

Overall I think it will be pretty healthy (excluding the fudge of course) and I hope my guests will like it! 

Alright, let's do this!!!

4000af2a4ddf33548d10f39872f298a9.gif

Shoot I didn't realize how long it had been since i had updated this thing... I won't do my food logs for the past 9 days but I'll list when I worked out! 

I worked out: 

March 4, 5, 10, 11, and today. So 4 out of 7 potential workouts... could be better, but it could have been worse! 

Considering I've always had a problem committing to workouts and keeping that commitment, I'm pretty proud of myself. Pretty much no change in weight at all but I want to take my measurements in the next few days.

I could also be eating a lot more vegetables, I'm planning on making an egg and veggie stir-fry tomorrow chockfull of good veggies and kale!

Alright, on to today's stats.

Workout = the same and completed!

FOOD LOG 

Breakfast: Chocolate smoothie from Starbucks and a blueberry muffin from there as well

Snack: 1 and a half carrots and a grande steamed coconut milk with whipped cream on top (BAD decision)

Lunch: Chocolate smoothie from Starbucks

Snack: tall caramelized honey creme frappuccino, 1 carrot, and half of a whole cucumber 

Dinner: peanut butter and jelly sandwich with strawberry jam and brown bread 

Dessert: 6 blackberries and some Kettle brand salt and pepper chips 

Cups of water: 4 

Overall HORRIBLE in food quality and my constant gassiness is indicating that 

Tomorrow is another day!

The plan for tomorrow is this workout.

Warm-Up

20 punches 

10 full squats 

5 lunges (each leg)

Workout 

10 full squats 

10 straight-leg sit-ups 

30 sec front plank 

30 sec side plank 

30 sec front plank 

30 sec other side plank 

I'd also like to jog for 20 minutes if possible. My Chiro said to only jog for 1 minute and then walk the next, and then jog for a minute, and walk and so on and so forth. I'll also be working for 6 hours on my feet so, we'll see how it goes! 

Let's do this! 

giphy.gif

Oh boy, I'm not even going to bother going back and talking about all the workouts I did and missed so, let's do a short version

- I got new exercises from my Chiro that change everyday 

- I got a gym membership 

- I went to a gym by myself for the first time ever 

Now, I'm back! I hope to be updating every day. 

Today I ran/walked for 4.37km for 46 minutes using Zombies, Run! 

I also ate pretty clean today and ended my run with an avocado, banana, honey, milk, smoothie and for dessert had a heaping bowl of roasted salt and pepper brussell sprouts. 

Tomorrow I'll rest but I'll be hitting the gym Monday.

I'm excited to get back into the game!

giphy.gif

Ahaha okay another long period of time had passed and I've been doing... alright. 

My eating hasn't been the greatest and my biggest challenge is meal-planning. I'm going to be reading the meal-planning articles tomorrow so I can start getting back on track with that. 

As far as workouts have been doing they've been okay. I have been a lot more active and less sedentary and work has been keeping me on my toes, literally. That's one of the benefits of having a standing job. 

I plan to regularly update this like I was before with my food, water, and activity levels for the day. 

One big change that has happened is that I now have an accountability buddy, she's been helping me a lot with staying on track. My goal is to work out 5 days a week and avoid excessive sugars and carbs while her goal is to avoid refined sugars. I've always been opposed to the idea of an accountability buddy because I do not like failing others' expectations but at the same time, this really motivates me to make good decisions that I can proudly report back to her on!

I have to go now but I will update this post when I get back! 

It's been a while. 

I'm respawning and have some new goals and new things i will be tracking.

So my goals right now are as follows: 

Physical Health: Complete 2 NF workouts a week for a month  

Eat 1 serving of veggies a day for a month

Limit myself to 1 sugary treat a day (I currently eat 1-5 so this is a challenge for me)

Mental Health: Read Feeling Good for 10 min-1 hour a day

Art Skills: Practice drawing for 10 min-1 hour a day 

My actions to make it happen: 

Physical Health 

Workouts: write workout in bullet journal schedule for that specific day 1 week in advance,  pack gym bag with needed materials and put it on my bed (so I will see it and think twice before just mindlessly reclining on my bed). Progress will be tracked on here, bullet journal, and StickK (There will be a $10 penalty for every workout missed OR rescheduled)

Food: Write a veggie to eat that day in bullet journal schedule, make sure I buy lots of veggies on my shopping trips

Treats: Keep track of treats consumed in bullet journal and here, for every extra treat, there will be a $2 penalty, always have some kind of healthy snack with me like trail mix

Mental Health

Place book on bed and track progress on here and in bullet journal

Art Skills 

I have already informed my friend to keep me accountable of this but i will also record my progress in my bullet journal, StickK, and here ($5 penalty on every day missed), Placing sketchbook and medium to use that day on bed

Hopefully this new system works. I tried to change too much all at once initially but I think this is manageable. My physical health, my mental health, and my art skills are my biggest priorites right now aside from work and school. 

Wish me luck!

Reporting will start tomorrow, I've been procrastinating on two assignments due for tomorrow.

Okay, so I have restarted the NF e-mail challenges so I have a few more things I want to add on to my daily routine, however, instead of penalties, I think I'll go for rewards instead. I was thinking about it and i have always been motivated more by reward than penalty. Most of my life has been ruled by fear and I hate it. So, here are my new-and-improved goals and rewards: 

GOALS

Physical: Complete 2 NF workouts a week for a month  

Eat 1 serving of veggies a day for a month

Limit myself to 1 sugary treat a day (I currently eat 1-5 so this is a challenge for me) 

Walk for 5 min a day for a week 

Log food for 1 week 

Mental Health: Read Feeling Good for 10 min-1 hour a day

Art Skills: Practice drawing for 10 min-1 hour a day 

Rewards 

Physical: If I complete 80% of my physical goals my reward will be a fun new fitness shirt 

Mental: 80% Completion will earn me a fancy new loose-leaf tea from David's Tea

Art: 80% Completion will earn me an anti-fouling glove

Actions for Success 

Physical: - Wrote workout in bullet journal night before or a week in advance, Prep gym bag night before and place on bed 

- Frozen veggies in freezer will work nicely 

- Don't buy sugary things, if given treats, save them and put on top shelf 

- Plan time in bullet journal night before

- Write down as soon as you eat in bullet journal 

Mental: - Put book on bed 

Art: - Put sketchbook and medium of the day on bed

Everything will be tracked on page in bullet journal. 

I have to go somewhere soon but I will be completing my before before-pictures, measurements, and writing my Big Why when I get back :)

Alright here is my accountability for February 18 

FEBRUARY 18

Physical 

- No workout completed (planned to be done the 20th and 22nd-23rd

- Had 1 serving of veggies from Campbell's vegetable soup 

- Had 1 serving of jell-o and a bite sized snickers but nothing else (I consider it a win) 

- Not completed

- Food Log: 

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toast and 2 eggs 

Snack: Handful of corn chips and some salsa 

Lunch??: 1 serving of jell-o and a bite sized snickers 

Dinner: 2 pieces of toast, 1 multigrain bagel, 1 can of vegetable soup (no wonder I was hungry, I forgot to eat a suitable lunch) 

Snack: 1 cup of tea, 1 handful of roasted cashews, a bit of dried fruit

All in all not too bad 

Mental 

Not completed

Art

Not completed

Not the best day but okay considering how bad my cravings got in the evenings and how crumby I felt in the morning. 

I also wrote my Big Why yesterday! 

My Big Why 

Self-hate is not a suitable motivator for me, I know this now. 

I would say the biggest reason I want to be healthy is so that I won’t be scared anymore; scared of being hurt by others or being hurt my own weakness. I want to be healthy so I can participate in sports without feeling like a failure. I want to be healthy so I can be a strong woman for myself, my friends, and my family. I want to be healthy so I can be strong against the trials in my life, to have the strength to rise up and keep fighting.
I want to be a warrior not just for myself but also for others. 

I don’t want to die because of my health. I want to be able to keep up with my little brother. 
I will be strong for me, but I will also be strong for others.

Now I just have to do the Before Photos and measurements. I'll do that after make some progress on my assignment for school. 

Now on to today! 

February 19 (updated 9:14pm)

Physical 

- Workout re-scheduled for tomorrow

- Had a bowl full of frozen veggies with butter and soy sauce

- Had 3/4 of a Starbucks Double chocolate brownie, no more treats today!- Did it!

- Not completed

- Food Log: 

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toast and 2 eggs 

Snack: Handful of corn chips, 3/4 of a Starbucks Double chocolate brownie, 2 cups of tea

Lunch: 1 bagel with butter, 1 bowl full of frozen veggies with butter and soy sauce

Snack: handful of trail mix, 1 bowl of corn chips and some salsa, 1 fuji apple, 

Dinner: 1 cup of tea, 1/2 a bowl of greek yogurt and trail mix

Mental 

Not completed

Art

Not completed

I also just ordered my loot, a t-shirt my friend designed of a Insanity Wolf: https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/2278674-insanity-wolf?store_id=139268

I REALLY want that shirt so I am very determined to do my quests. 

After a finish writing this I'll be creating the tracker in my bullet journal, taking my photos, and doing my measurements. 

Yeah Productivity! 

giphy.gif

UPDATE: 

Well, I didn't do my photos or measurements but I did do my trackers in my bullet journal. 

The biggest reason I didn't finish everything else is because of how messy my environment is, it stresses me out. 

I'm cleaning my room tomorrow, AND making a plan for maintaining it. 

I am proud of my eating though, in terms of avoiding lots of sugar, it's really difficult. 

Tomorrow will be better!

Catching uppp 

February 20

Physical 

- Workout re-scheduled for tomorrow

- Had a bowl two servings of homemade salad with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, strawberries, mushrooms, and dressing

- Had 1/4 of a Starbucks brownie, Had 1 slice of homemade cheesecake (Maybe a second slice because of how much I licked the beater, bowl, and spatula)- Had 2-3 treats, not completed

- Completed!

- Food Log: 

Breakfast: Can't remember

Lunch: Can't remember

Dinner: Several slices of homemade pizza, 2 servings of salad 

Dessert: 1 slice of homemade cheesecake

Mental 

Not completed

Art

Not completed

Not the best day... I am happy I did my walk and ate lots of veggies though

February 21 

Physical 

- Workout re-scheduled for tomorrow (last time I promise)

- Had a bowl of veggies with soy sauce

- Had 1 slice of homemade cheesecake- no more treats- Completed!

- Completed!

- Food Log: 

3am: 1 slice of cheesecake (I was stress-eating about an assignment I was working on)

Breakfast: 2 eggs and a bowl of veggies with soy sauce

Snack: 2 slices of homemade pizza

Lunch: A chicken sandwich from the movies

Dinner: two plates of spaghetti with Classico sauce

Mental 

Not completed

Art

Not completed

Not another great day but I did limit myself to 1 treat which I am very proud of, considering how much I just wanted to eat it all day. I am finding it easier to eat less sugar and less food though. 

Now Today!

February 22 (updated 9:59 pm)

Physical 

- NF Bodyweight 3A Workout Complete!

- Completed!

- I want to eat NO treats today, I had a lot of treats between the 20-21- I failed at this... but it was only one thankfully

- Completed!

- Food Log: 

Breakfast: 1 serving of oatmeal with 1 tbsp of maple syrup

Lunch: 2 eggs, 1/2 a zucchini, 1 bowl of trail mix

Snack: 1 slice of homemade cheesecake, 1 cup of tea

Dinner: 1 chicken breast, diced tomatoes with curry, 2 1/4 cups of coconut rice, 1/2 a zucchini 

Mental 

Completed! 15 minutes of reading.

Art

Completed! 15 minutes of figure drawing with a brush tip marker

Other fitness things to get done: 

- Before photos 

- Measurements

I FINALLY cleaned my room so I think getting things done will be A LOT easier.

UPDATE: Finally done both! Now to just keep the good habits up :)

UPDATE 2: Note to self- when stressed drink tea, DON'T have sugar, it just makes everything worse

UPDATE 3: WOW! I day where I met all my goals! YAY! Hopefully I can keep doing this!

Let's do this! 

giphy.gif

Alright, time to start another day! 

February 23 (updated 9:17pm)

Physical 

- Next workout scheduled for tomorrow at 7:30am Level 3 workout B! 

- Had 1 serving of cooked green pepper

- 1 slice of homemade cheesecake- no more!

- Completed!

- Food Log: 

Breakfast: 2 eggs, half of a green pepper, 1 cup of coconut rice

Lunch: 1 chicken breast, diced tomatoes and 1 1/4 cups of coconut rice

Snack: 1 slice of homemade cheesecake

Snack: 1 chocolate peanut butter Cliff bar 

Dinner: 1 plate of spaghetti with Classico sauce and parmesan cheese

Mental 

Completed! Did 10 minutes of reading

Art

Completed! Did 10 minutes with brush tip marker

So, I've already got most things done which is great! The DOMS is actually not too bad though squatting and crouching is very painful haha. 

Time to go be productive, yeah!

giphy.gif

UPDATE: Okay, now all I need to do is limit myself to one treat (or none), track my food, and do my 5 minute walk. Perfect!

UPDATE 2: Another day fully completed! Woo I'm on a roll!

Another day and BOY am I sore. Must be doing something right haha. 

FEBRUARY 24 (updated 8:36pm)

Physical 

- Completed Level 3 Workout B! Woohoo!

- Had 1 serving of green peppers

- Had 1 slice of homemade cheesecake

- Completed!

- Food Log: 

Lunch: 2 eggs, 1/2 a green pepper, 1 cup of coconut rice 

Snack: An Almond Fudge Cliff bar 

Snack: A Chocolate Chip Cliff bar and one handful of trail mix 

Dinner: 1 chicken breast with diced tomatoes and 1 cup of rice 

Dessert: 1 slice of homemade cheesecake

Perhaps the Cliff bars were not the healthiest, but it was better than eating a chocolate bar.

Mental 

Completed! 15 minutes of reading.

Art

Completed! 15 minutes of research on how to make better edges in hard-edge painting

Alright let's go! 

giphy.gif

UPDATE: Well another full day, I'm heading to bed soon

FEBRUARY 25 (updated 9:32pm)

Physical 

- Next workout scheduled for tomorrow at 5:20am I'll be doing NF Workout 3C

- I didn't eat a serving of veggies :( I'll do better tomorrow!

- 1 Mars Krispie bar from a friend

- Completed!

- Food Log: 

Breakfast: Fasting 

Lunch: Fasting

Snack: 1 Mars Krispie bar, 1 1/2 cups of tater tots

Dinner: 3 pieces of Mary Brown's chicken, 1 1/4 cup of potato wedges 

Oof. Not the healthiest day but I won't repeat that tomorrow!

Mental 

Completed! Read for 20 minutes

Art

Completed! Watched two videos on drawing the human figure. I will do the 'homework' from the last video either later or tonight (eh make that tomorrow)

Alrighty, a pretty easy day. Should be fun! 

I'm starting to like working out, I don't feel as sore as I did today. Making this Daily Battle Log sure makes a difference though, also the fact I was off work and school last week help to. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up when school is back in session. I will still be off work for a little while due to some renovations that are happening which is kind of nice. Even though having the money would be great, I desperately needed a break. I haven't had any time off since last year.

giphy.gif

UPDATE: Okay now time for bed. I'll have to wake up around 4:50am in order to eat before my workout. Hopefully I can do it!

• Like 1

Oh boy what an early morning, but it's going well so far! 

FEBRUARY 26 (updated 9:26PM)

Physical 

- Workout 3C Completed! I did at 5:30am haha

- Ate 1 serving of mixed veggies

- I guess the banana muffin I had counts as a treat? If not, I didn't have any treats today.

- Completed!

- Food Log: 

Pre-workout snack: 1 serving of oatmeal with 1 tbsp of maple syrup

Breakfast: 1/2 cup of coconut rice with 1 serving of frozen veggies

Snack: An Almond Fudge CLIFF bar and two handfuls of trail mix 

Lunch: 1 smokie on a bun, a banana muffin, 1 orange 

Snack: Peanut butter chocolate chip CLIFF bar 

Dinner: Big Blue Protein smoothie from Jugo Juice and an Italiano breakfast wrap from Jugo Juice (this was too much, I felt like I was going to puke. Next time, I'm just having the smoothie)

Not great for nutrition but okay for right now. I received the e-mail on seeing where my nutrition is at and right now with two projects due this week and a mid-term, it's not the highest on my priority list right now. I'll get to it eventually though.

Mental 

Completed 10 minutes of reading.

Art

I will do the 'homework' from the last video later today, and then either watch a new video or do a new drawing 

- I ended up not doing it. Not Completed.

I'm glad I got that workout out of the way, I'm honestly surprised I was able to do it. 

Let's do this! 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Ugh, I let my anxiety get the best of me and ended up staying up really late. I feel awful, but a little better now that I ate breakfast. Thankfully I can sleep in tomorrow if need be. 

FEBRUARY 27 (updated 7:35PM)

Physical 

- Workout scheduled for tomorrow at 5:00am Workout 3A with one extra rep for each exercise My muscles are really stiff and sore, let's get used to workouts for another week before ramping things up

- Ate 1 serving of mixed veggies

- Had no treats

- Completed!

- Food Log: 

Breakfast: 1 1/2 servings of mixed veggies

Snack: Chocolate chip CLIFF bar 

Lunch: 1 smokie and an orange 

Snack: Peanut butter chocolate chip CLIFF bar

Dinner: 2 pieces of Mary Brown's chicken with potato wedges 

Mental 

Art

I will do the 'homework' from the last video later today, and then either watch a new video or do a new drawing

- I didn't do the homework, but I did a study for 10 minutes in ink

Let's go! 

giphy.gif

I am EXHAUSTED. I'm going to go to bed now.

I slept in a bit but I needed it. My stupid anxiety is making my heart race a million miles an hour. I'm surprised I got to sleep.

FEBRUARY 28 (updated March 3 11:56am)

Physical 

- Workout rescheduled to March 3

- I only had one treat

- Completed!

- Can't remember 

- Food Log: 

Breakfast: A giant plate of Mary Brown's potato wedges (I know it's not healthy, I'm going to eat better for the rest of the day)

Can't remember

Mental 

Completed! 10 minutes of reading

Art

Completed! 10 minutes of a study in ink

Well, I may not have gotten up when I wanted to but at least it's before 9. I've got a very big day today so hopefully I can get everything done. 

Let's do this.

giphy.gif

UPDATE: Okay I fell a little off track with updating this, but at least I'm updating it now.

Oh boy. 

Things got a bit nuts. 

I'm here to fix that. 

MARCH 1

Physical 

- I only had one treat

- Completed!

- Can't remember 

- Food Log:

Can't remember

Mental 

Not Completed

Art

Not completed 

MARCH 2

Physical 

- I only had one treat

- Completed!

- Can't remember 

- Food Log:

Can't remember

Mental 

Not completed 

Art

Not completed 

Finally, today.

MARCH 3 (updated March 4 7:35AM)

Physical 

- Workout 3A today after I work a bit on my art project- Not completed

- Had 1 oz of chocolate

- Not Completed

- Completed!

- Food Log:

Snack: 1/2 a cup of trail mix  

Lunch: 2 big plates of spaghetti with sauce and a little parmesan cheese

Snack: Trail mix and 1 oz of chocolate and a cup of tea

Mental 

Art

Not Completed

Story 

Completed! Did 10 minutes of writing

Geneology

Not Completed 

Man, this week hit me like a truck, I managed to get everything done but my productivity was awful. Even today I wasted 4 hours watching YouTube videos. I just wanted to watch a few. 

I really struggle with this. It's so frustrating, it reminds me of when I would waste time in High School. I can't seem to stop though, unless it's the last possible minute to work on something. I want to break this. 

I'm also noticing I'm easily threatened by others, especially is they are trying to achieve something I am as well. I really don't like feeling this way but it is so automatic. I hate it. 

Lots to do today but at least I updated this now. one step forward. 

Let's do this. 

giphy.gif

UPDATE: Just did the Art of Goal Setting Quest; here are my goals: 

My 5 Goals

Fitness

I’m the type of person that puts a priority on fitness.

I will do 2 workouts for a month in order to begin doing 3 workouts a week for a month.

Art

I’m the type of person that can draw the human form accurately form memory

I will do 10 minutes-1 hour of studying the human body each day by doing figure studies, anatomical studies, and proportion studies in order to draw the human body accurately from memory.

Mental Health

I’m the type of person that takes responsibility for their mental health.

I will read Feeling Good for 10 minutes-1 hour a day, as well as regularly see a therapist in order to deal with issues surrounding my childhood and self.

Story

I’m the type of person that will complete my personal project.

I will do 10 minutes-1 hour of work each day in order to write the first draft of my story.

Geneology

I’m the type of person that is able to effectively help others with geneology.

I will do 2 hours of work each week in order to be able to easily navigate FamilySearch, help others, and be able to confidently do my own geneolgy work effectively.

It's nice to know I was already doing these so I guess I'm on the right track! I'll be tracking these in addition to my other goals now.

UPDATE 2: Oof yesterday was ROUGH. My anxiety was also really bad though and made it hard to concentrate and get things done, I'm hoping by the time I finish Feeling Good I'll have a better understanding of myself and how to stop those behaviours.

MARCH 4 (updated MARCH 6 9:49AM)

Physical 

- Workout 3A today rescheduled for either March 6 or March 7 

- Completed! Had 1 serving of vegetables in vegetable soup

- Had 3 cookies and 1 glass of lactose-free chocolate milk, no more treats!

- Completed!

- Food Log:

Breakfast: Fasting 

Lunch: Fasting

Snack: 3 cookies and 1 glass of lactose-free chocolate milk

Dinner: Campbell's Vegetable soup

Mental 

Completed! Read for 12 minutes

Art

Not Completed

Story 

Completed! Worked for 10 minutes

Geneology

Completed! Worked on it for 1 hour

Well, I've still got lots to do today but I'm glad i'm starting the day by doing this at least. It adds a sense of routine to my day. 

Let's do this! 

giphy.gif

UPDATE: Okay, doing well. Just have to do my assignment, and my daily work for Art and I'm good!

UPDATE 2: Haha, I was originally going to do my workout at 4am on the 5th BUT I didn't go to sleep until 5am working on my project so whoops

AhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHH

Man this week is not starting out that well. 

I'd like to blame my anxiety but I know that is only half of the problem. I guess the other half is I'm bad at time-management? 

I really hate it when I have a free day because I always find some way to waste it. I feel so anxious about everything I often procrastinate too long or hate the uncomfortable feeling I usually have when I first wake up so I tell myself "I'll do something fun for a bit to calm myself down" but it never works. Even meditation doesn't work. Exercise sometimes works but then I stress about all the time I used to do that instead of other things. My appointment with my counsellor is coming up so hopefully I'll gain some insight on things. 

Anyways, here's how yesterday went down. 

MARCH 5

Physical 

- Workout 3A rescheduled for March 7 

- Not Completed

- Had 1 coca-cola

- Completed!

- Food Log:

Breakfast: Peanut butter crunch CLIF bar plus a handful of trail mix

Lunch: 1 smokie, a summer berry muffin, and an orange

Snack: Chocolate chip CLIF bar

Dinner: Almond fudge CLIF bar and a coca-cola 

I was reading an article that CLIF bars are meant to be a nutrient provider for either before or after a workout and shouldn't be eaten just as a granola bar would. However, they make me feel full and I don't really know what else to eat in those situations :(

Mental 

Not Completed

Art

Not Completed

Story 

Not Completed

Geneology

1 hour of work scheduled for March 10

Okay now today 

MARCH 6 (updated March 7 7:34AM)

Physical 

- Workout 3A re-scheduled for March 7

- Had about 2 servings of mixed veggies

- Had a slice of homemade cake 

- Completed!

- Food Log:

Breakfast: 2 servings of mixed veggies with soy sauce

Lunch: 1 smokie, 1 orange 

I can't remember if I ate anything else???

Mental 

Not completed

Art

Not completed

Story 

Not completed

Geneology

My room is a mess but I should get to school to finish some work before my class today. I think I'll eat there, I don't have too much to eat here. I need to be careful with my spending though. It's so hard to balance everything. 

Let's go 

giphy.gif

UPDATE: Although I didn't get a lot done in terms of my goals, I was quite busy with school and managed to get ahead on some assignments so I consider it a good day.

Okay

So I was originally going to do my workout yesterday but ended up staying late at school to work on an assignment, and then I wanted to work out at 4:30am but was too tired this morning. I was honestly going to give up on working out altogether today but then I opened the package which held the t-shirt I ordered for my loot... 

So now I'm going to work out this morning, because that shirt is FREAKING AWESOME. I want it so bad, and that's a good motivator. 

I also have my counselling appointment today so we'll see how that goes! I'm really nervous but hopefully things go well. 

MARCH 7 (updated March 10 10:43AM)

Physical 

- Workout 3A Completed!

- Didn't have any veggies...

- Had a mini Smarties Blizzard, 2 Ferrero rocket chocolates, a Rooibos tea latte with whipped cream and cranberry sugar sprinkles so obviously this is a big failure

- Completed!

- Food Log:

Breakfast: 1 serving of oatmeal with 1 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup

Lunch: Vegetarian Calzone 

Snacks??: 1 slice of coconut cream pie, 1 Mars bar, 2 Ferrero rocket chocolates, a Rooibos tea latte with whipped cream and cranberry sugar sprinkles, 1 slice of Hawaiian pizza

Dinner: DQ 4 stir chicken strip basket with a Smarties Blizzard 

I failed on food BIG TIME. I became a very emotional eater after my counselling appointment that day

Mental 

Completed! Read for 10 minutes

Art

going to do that 'homework' I've been putting off for a while- Not Completed

Story 

Completed! Wrote for 10 minutes

Geneology

Alright let's do this! 

giphy.gif

UPDATE: I just quickly read some info on muffins and smokies, which is the majority of what I consume at school, I'm not going to eat them anymore, they're not healthy. Instead, I'll have a sandwich if I need to eat something, or if that's not viable, some fruit and nuts, and if that STILL is not enough I'll have a CLIF bar, just to fill me up

UPDATE 2: It was a very difficult day and I gave into my cravings, however, considering I had not had fast-food for over 2 weeks at this point I consider that a small improvement

Okay 

Wow 

I fell off the wagon BIG TIME but in my defence my counselling appointment unearthed a lot of unsettling things and i honestly had a hard time dealing with them. On top of that I had a HUGE assignment due on Friday and that contributed even more stress. I ended up only sleeping 1 hour and 30 minutes after staying up for nearly 24 hours after a very stressful day at work. Does this justify my actions? No, of course not, but it allows me to see what circumstances caused me to make the decisions I did. 

MARCH 8 (updated March 10 10:54AM)

Physical 

- Workout 3B scheduled for March 10

- Didn't have any veggies...

- Had a Mars bar, a Caramilk bar, a Mango Pineapple gelato, a Coca-Cola

- Completed!

- Food Log:

Breakfast: A chocolate chip CLIF bar 

Lunch: A BBQ beef Calzone, Mango Pineapple gelato 

Snack: Almond fudge CLIF bar? a Mars bar, a Caramilk bar, a Coca-cola

Dinner: DQ 4-strip chicken strip basket 

Mental 

Not Completed

Art

Story 

Not Completed

Geneology

MARCH 9 (updated March 10 10:59AM)

Physical 

- Workout 3B scheduled for March 10

- Had 1 serving of veggies in my sandwich

- Had a Coca-cola, a small root-beer, 3 NIBS- Failed

- Completed and then some (went for like a 2 hour walk)

- Food Log:

Breakfast: A chocolate chip CLIF bar, An almond fudge CLIF bar, A Coca-Cola 

Lunch: 1 footlong Subway sandwich with black forest ham, mayonnaise, red onions, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and green peppers 

Snack: 1/2 of a small popcorn, 1 small root beer, 3 NIBS 

Dinner: Nothing

Mental 

Not Completed

Art

Story 

Not Completed

Geneology

Aaaand now on to today 

MARCH 10 (updated 11:42PM)

Physical 

- Workout 3B- Completed!

- TBC

- Had a cinnamon twist roll, NO MORE TODAY

- TBC

- Food Log:

Breakfast: 1 cinnamon twist roll, 1 serving of oatmeal with 1 tbsp maple syrup

Lunch: 1 plate of spaghetti with Classico sauce

Mental 

TBC

Art

going to do that 'homework' I've been putting off for a while- TBC

Story 

TBC

Geneology

1 hour of work scheduled for Today (will do after work)

I REALLY need to go shopping for some food, maybe I'll do that after work tonight, just so I have some decent things in the house. I keep using it as an excuse to buy things at school or work. I just get so nervous about it for some reason. 

Let's do this! 

giphy.gif

UPDATE: Notes to self while going through quests: 

1. Picking a Cool-Down Exercise

- Next time you workout do Staci's cool down 40 XP 

2. Eat Your Calories, Don't Drink Them 

- start tracking drinking no calories starting tomorrow, do it for a week 60 XP

3. Customize Your Batcave 

- Start doing the customizations you created: 

My 3 Healthy Habits

1.    1 Treat a dayàworking towards only 6 treats a week then 5, 4, etc

-       Carry trail mix around with you at all times in a baggy if you feel a craving coming on

-       Delete PayRange off your phone so that you cannot access treats as easily

2.    Working out 2 days a week, then 3, then 4 

-       Lay out workout clothes and clothes for after shower for less effort

-       Do not leave distracting items in plain sight, put them away after using them if possible + plan 30 minutes a day to tidy room to further reduce distractions

3.    Not drinking liquid calories

-       Have a filled water bottle with you at all times

-       Do not keep juices or other unhealthy liquids in the house, if you need a pick-me up at school, drink water and chew mint gum or go for a random run outside in the cold, that will wake you up

4. Try a Nerd Fitness Recipe 25 XP

- Pick a recipe

- Buy ingredients for this on your next grocery trip

5. Review How To Break Your Sugar Addiction tonight and create a game plan (updated March14) 

My Level: 1