thatgirlwrites tries again (again)

Fitz_Hulk

I tried last challenge and I'll try again. This year is mostly about making habits and sticking to them, keeping up with the habits that I have made and basically trying not to fall completely off the wagon. 

Goal 1: Everyday movement

Walking - a k a day - one kilometre (or more) per day. Bonus if it's not to get somewhere but just for fun. 

Cycling - to (and hopefully from) work - twice a week

Goal 2: Strength

One strength workout per week. This can be a strength focused class at my gym, a bodyweight workout or my own hodgepodge.

Goal 3: Nutrition

Paleo breakfast 5 x a week

Paleo meal prep 1 x a week (and eat that food without letting it go to waste!)

Goal 4: Declutter

Still working on my floor. 

• Like 1

that girl writes

race: awesome/class: ranger

I post a lot on instagram

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."

I like your goals! Jump back in and go after them!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Haha thanks man! 

This week, even though I started late, I got a few things done. I walked a kilometre every day, rode to work twice (home only once, because the other time I got the train with my boyfriend), had one and a half paleo breakfasts and meal prepped once. I am going to go to the gym tonight and smash out some squats cos I miss doing squats and some shoulder stuff because this year I want to do a pull up. Today I am also working on decluttering my floor! I'm about to listen to the last episode of Titansgrave: Ashes of Valkana while tidying up and finishing unpacking from my holiday, from which I returned on Tuesday. I can do this!

that girl writes

half way done with the challenge, thought I'd check out how things are going...

mrw-my-friend-says-dont-look-now-but-i-t

I hope your challenge is going well even though you haven't posted an update on the boards.  there's still time to jump back into the game too if it hasn't gotten off to a good start!

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

I hope your challenge is going well even though you haven't posted an update on the boards.  there's still time to jump back into the game too if it hasn't gotten off to a good start!

Hey, thank you! The main part for me is that it's still going, because I find it hard to stick to things. Habit building, yo. It's hard. 

But yes, an update on the challenges:

Week 1

A K a day: 6/7

Ride to work: 2/2

paleo breakfast: 1/7

meal prep: 1/1

declutter the floor: did some, not much

go to the gym: no

Week 2: 

A K a day: 7/7

Ride to work: 2/2

Paleo breakfast: 3/7

meal prep: no

declutter the floor: no

go to the gym: yes!

There are some things I think I'll revise for the next challenge, and ways I'm learning about myself which is really good and what I'm really aiming for. I'm enjoying riding to work more and walking more, and I think I have to shift my perspective on food, which is not unexpected. But I'm really enjoying reading Level Up Your Life and I'm excited to put those principles into work as well. 

• Like 1

that girl writes