[KB Girl] lifts all the things, but mostly kettlebells

Remember how posting videos on NF desensitized you to it? Well I'm sure the same effect will happen when creating material for a wider audience :) I know the feeling... you want it to be 100% perfect because you can imagine all of the potential criticisms...

Really glad that everything has been moving forward for you - we tend to spend a lot of time here fussing about doing 10 reps of this vs. 8 reps of that, or eating eating different stuff or otherwise making small lifestyle changes - and that's perfectly okay most of the time, but I'm proud that you're really pushing out of your comfort zone with a load of expansive work... into what I'm sure will soon be a new expanded comfort zone.

Keep it up :) and don't worry about whether you're posting here enough - I really like hearing about your adventures and work but obviously that shouldn't be your primary focus right now :P

• Like 1

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Thanks guys! You're the bestest. 

I just feel like a total douch, because things are actually going really well, i should be very happy! It's just that the anxiety is eating me alive and i'm hardly sleeping at all. We're much more actively promoting the gym the last couple of months, (and it's really working!!)

I'm sure it'll all be worth it at some point! Or I stop hating it this much! 

I just.. I wish I thought I was awesome too :/ :X 

You should feel however you feel.  It's okay.  Anxiety for something new and stressful where you put yourself OUT THERE is totally understandable.  The fact that it's really working is outstanding, but of course brings with it a whole new level of "what the what!!!".  :playful:

It will absolutely be worth it.  You have SO MUCH to offer the world.  Keep at it - think of your audience as nerds who just haven't found NF, yet.  :rapture:

awe-inspiring, formidable, inspiring, stunning, phenomenal, whiz-bang, amazing.  Yup, you're awesome.  And we believe in you!!!

Remember how posting videos on NF desensitized you to it? Well I'm sure the same effect will happen when creating material for a wider audience :) I know the feeling... you want it to be 100% perfect because you can imagine all of the potential criticisms...

Really glad that everything has been moving forward for you - we tend to spend a lot of time here fussing about doing 10 reps of this vs. 8 reps of that, or eating eating different stuff or otherwise making small lifestyle changes - and that's perfectly okay most of the time, but I'm proud that you're really pushing out of your comfort zone with a load of expansive work... into what I'm sure will soon be a new expanded comfort zone.

Keep it up :) and don't worry about whether you're posting here enough - I really like hearing about your adventures and work but obviously that shouldn't be your primary focus right now :tongue:

I second pretty much everything that SymphonicDan said.  Especially the parts that I bolded. 

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

So impressed that despite your anxiety, you are reaching out of your comfort zone in order to reach your goals. Sometimes leveling up is just really tough. Go ahead and share your struggles with us, we love you and will always think you are amazing.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Well I understand that the rest of the world is not as awesome as NF :P 

But people react well to positivity, and you are a positive person and it shines through even in your videos! I think that it's a good call to make an instagram account, you indeed need to be recognized. At the same time I would also have the same thing you do, I wouldn't dare doing it. But look at how strong that makes you! You did it and sure it's scary but you'll desensitize too! And you don't have to post EVERYTHING to instagram, and you also don't have to post every day. You need to do regular updates to get followers, but if that means every other day, or once a week, that doesn't matter per se as long as you follow at least a certain rhythm so the blog doesn't go without content for too long. <3

Don't know if anyone remembers, but one of my first challenges I vowed to post as much video as possible to sort of desensitise myself to it, y'know? And that worked, I don't bat an eye when I post something on NF.. but ehm... the rest of the world is not NF :(

The practice has been good, I just made an instagram post and kind of pretended I was posting something here. But yea, my brain is not 100% fooled. 

I'm sure it'll all be worth it at some point! Or I stop hating it this much! 

I'm right there with you.  I can easily post stuff on NF, but everything I post on youtube is unlisted.  The thought of random people seeing my stuff kind of scares me.   :hopelessness:

That being said, keep in mind that you're much more critical of yourself than other people are going to be.  And the fact that you're self critical means that you're open to learning and evolving in the way that someone who is arrogant wouldn't be able to do.  Your gym is moving forward and everything is going wonderfully.  It might feel weird to you, because you're not used to putting yourself out there, but it will eventually all feel natural.  :)

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

I was thrilled to see you started an IG and were posting videos. I think it'll be great for your visibility both externally and for us NF creepers who follow you. ;)

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Good to hear you are doing well and doing awesome things :)

Don't forget to breath once in a while. Something I learned here in NF is 'introvert pampering night'. It's a night for just you where you do things that make you feel good. Like taking bubble bath, taking a hair or face mask, doing your nails etc. Maybe you could try it some time?

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47

oh hi, I just wanted to say: come here ALWAYS when you are feeling anxious and blue. because we love you. <3

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Are you okay?  You haven't been around lately, so I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing.  We all miss you! :) 

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

On 11 March 2016 at 4:12 PM, raptron said:

I was thrilled to see you started an IG and were posting videos. I think it'll be great for your visibility both externally and for us NF creepers who follow you. ;)

IG has been fun! it's less "omgomg" than posting stuff on Facebook. And I enjoy the stalking of other NFers too :D

On 29 March 2016 at 2:23 AM, obax said:

Just stopping in to see how things are going. I hope all is well! How's spring in the Netherlands?

Jep! All is well, just had a new science project to take care of and life has been busy. Good tho! Weather, not so good, lets not talk about that ;)

On 18 April 2016 at 3:32 PM, Nymeria said:

Are you okay?  You haven't been around lately, so I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing.  We all miss you! :) 

Yes sorry! I should have left a message! Life got turned a bit upside down at the start of this year, so I've just been.. not very goal-oriented at all :D And then the whole change to 4 week challenges got a bit much for me. But I miss you guys too and things have calmed down a bit.. sooo.. maybe? :)

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

OMG!  Welcome back!

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

<3 <3 <3 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

IG has been fun! it's less "omgomg" than posting stuff on Facebook. And I enjoy the stalking of other NFers too :D

Jep! All is well, just had a new science project to take care of and life has been busy. Good tho! Weather, not so good, lets not talk about that ;)

Yes sorry! I should have left a message! Life got turned a bit upside down at the start of this year, so I've just been.. not very goal-oriented at all :D And then the whole change to 4 week challenges got a bit much for me. But I miss you guys too and things have calmed down a bit.. sooo.. maybe? :)

Even though I haven't commented here before, I'm glad to see you back also - I checked out KB sport stuff thanks to you, and have been going through your old threads for tips!

• Like 2

yay hello!

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

8 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

OMG!  Welcome back!

7 hours ago, raptron said:

<3 <3 <3 

5 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Yay, KB Girl is in the house!!!

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Woooo welcome back! :D:D:D 

6 minutes ago, karinajean said:

yay hello!

Gee thanks guys! I suppose I'll consider myself officially 'back' then :D I'll just hang out here and catch up a bit with everyone and then join the next challenge. 

6 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

Even though I haven't commented here before, I'm glad to see you back also - I checked out KB sport stuff thanks to you, and have been going through your old threads for tips!

That's incredibly cool to hear Lou! How is it going with the sport stuff? 

• Like 1

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

Ah, so good to see you back - I feared we'd seen the last of you :o

Last thing I remember, you were rearranging your career and your home - hope all of that went well :) how are things now? What are you working on next (fitness/professional/otherwise)

• Like 2

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

An update then! 

My last post was somewhere around march, so I was in full prep for the european championships at that point. Poland was really cool and we(=my team) actually won two medals (one silver and one bronze) both in the masters division. I ended up not participating because I couldn't make my weight class... because in april I found out that I am pregnant! It wasn't entirely planned, we were still talking "maybe, in a year or two" but she is very very welcome. I still participated in our nationals at 4 months pregnant, and managed to snag a bronze medal. Even better, my team got all the available gold medals, clean sweep :D

The gym is doing well, group classes haven't grown a lot but we have a lot more personal training clients. We also do a lot of planning/programming for people all over the Netherlands and for other gyms, which I find a very satisfying thing to do. This morning I finished and launched a kettlebell sport program called "couch to 5 minutes", just a PDF with 12 weeks worth of training plans and instructional videos to go with it. Heavily inspired by GMB programs. It was a huuuuuge project and something I'd been thinking about for years now, so very cool to have that finished. Definitely want to do more of those and maybe eventually translate some of it to english. 

So yea, huge project done, so there should be some extra time left for NF :) That is, if I don't sleep it all away. Baby making is apparently very tiring work. 

I still lift kettlebells though, no worries. This is from yesterday:

• Like 8

Ahah congrats! :D You have been really busy then. The "Couch to 5 min" program is a really cool idea, and I can imagine it getting a lot of traction... I just Googled it and found nothing but hopefully you'll get some traction in the coming weeks :)

And baby-building is going to be tiring work... it's equivalent growing a lot of muscle while repairing several broken bones and carrying around a huge jug of water all the time I guess!

• Like 3

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin