• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

February Feats for Ferrous Ferocity 2016!

Do we post results here? Cause that's what I'm gonna do. Did my meet today. Didn't do as well as I wanted but I totaled. 

BW: 57.6 

Snatch: 53x/53/56x

C&J: 68x/69x/69

Total: 122

I will get actual Sinclair numbers (and a more accurate weigh-in) when they post the results. 

• Like 4

My meet went awesome today! Unfortunately, no video. In kilos:

BW: 80.6

Squat: 160/170/fail at 172.5

Bench: 87.5/90/95

Deadlift: 165/172.5/182.5

Broke 300 Wilks, set PRs on every lift, and all of these moved really smooth. Even the missed squat was because my technique fell apart (got pitched forward), moreso than sheer lack of strength. I missed a deadlift at 180 just a few weeks ago, but 182.5 was no problem today - peaking makes a big difference!

• Like 5

I replaced my last sets by singles yesterday.

BW:        64.1kg (I weighed myself in 3 scales and randomly decided to choose the lightest weight :tongue:)

Squat:    75kg/80kg/82.5kg (overzealous spotter didn't leave me a chance to fail and helped me fail either way)

Bench:   45kg/47.5kg/47.5kg (neither my arms nor technique were there yesterday. 50kg, I'm coming back for you and that's a threat.)

Deadlift: 90kg/95kg/100kg

• Like 1

My meet went awesome today! Unfortunately, no video. In kilos:

BW: 80.6

Squat: 160/170/fail at 172.5

Bench: 87.5/90/95

Deadlift: 165/172.5/182.5

Broke 300 Wilks, set PRs on every lift, and all of these moved really smooth. Even the missed squat was because my technique fell apart (got pitched forward), moreso than sheer lack of strength. I missed a deadlift at 180 just a few weeks ago, but 182.5 was no problem today - peaking makes a big difference!

Nice going! It's amazing the difference a peaking block of training makes.

So, I've been lifting for about 4 months? Does anyone mind if I do this even thought I'm going to be laaaaaast? Someone's gotta lose... I'll consider it a public service :P

Female, 51 kg. 

• Like 4

So, I've been lifting for about 4 months? Does anyone mind if I do this even thought I'm going to be laaaaaast? Someone's gotta lose... I'll consider it a public service :tongue:

Female, 51 kg. 

Do eeeet!

• Like 1

So, I've been lifting for about 4 months? Does anyone mind if I do this even thought I'm going to be laaaaaast? Someone's gotta lose... I'll consider it a public service :tongue:

Female, 51 kg. 

Last place this meet is most improved next meet. That is the best part.

• Like 5

So, I've been lifting for about 4 months? Does anyone mind if I do this even thought I'm going to be laaaaaast? Someone's gotta lose... I'll consider it a public service :P

Female, 51 kg.

I'll only mind if you don't participate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Female, 51 kg. 

I've been lifting for.. maybe six weeks (and that six weeks was broken up over the course of maybe.... a year :P) so no, you're definitely not gonna be last xD

• Like 1

Does there have to be a pause at the bottom of the BP? Like I see on the powerlifting games? Asking because I want to tape mine and want to get them right.

• Like 2

Today's workout included testing our 1RM so I started from my former 1RM of 120kg and successfully raised it to 130 and then 140kg for a new PR.

Question: Since the rules state that all powerlifts have to be done in a single session, if I want to register a squat score as well, I'll have to try out DLs again and register that score, right?

Does there have to be a pause at the bottom of the BP? Like I see on the powerlifting games? Asking because I want to tape mine and want to get them right.

Officially yes, but we're lenient for beginners. The way we've enforced it before is do whatever you want if you're new, work toward a part we'd bench for these comps. If you would take the bench or total titles, your bench MUST be paused.

Today's workout included testing our 1RM so I started from my former 1RM of 120kg and successfully raised it to 130 and then 140kg for a new PR.

Question: Since the rules state that all powerlifts have to be done in a single session, if I want to register a squat score as well, I'll have to try out DLs again and register that score, right?

Correct, if you want to register a total score, all lifts must be in the same session with the order of squats 1-3, benches 1-3, deadlifts 1-3.

• Like 2

I'll only mind if you don't participate.

*Quakes in boots* as I do not wish to anger Gainsdalf, I have duly added myself to the spreadsheet.

• Like 1

Depends on the judge, but mostly the purpose of the pause is to let the judges confirm that the bar has in fact come to a complete stop touching your chest, so it doesn't need to be very long. The pause in your video would probably be fine. Ironically, the rep in your video would be more likely to get reds for violating the rack command, since you went into the rack almost instantly after lockout - but without actual commands, there's little reason to be picky about that.

Depends on the judge, but mostly the purpose of the pause is to let the judges confirm that the bar has in fact come to a complete stop touching your chest, so it doesn't need to be very long. The pause in your video would probably be fine. Ironically, the rep in your video would be more likely to get reds for violating the rack command, since you went into the rack almost instantly after lockout - but without actual commands, there's little reason to be picky about that.

Thanks for saving me from a RTFM Red Light.  :)

OK, havent lifted for a week so I decided to do my NF Virtual Comp lifts today...if nothing else I am rested.  BW this morning was 260.5lbs (~118kg)

Current PRs:  

Squat:  402lbs (182.5kg)

Bench: 345lbs

DL: 502lbs (227.5kg)

Lifts:

Squat 1:  365 (165.6kg)

Squat 2:  415 (188.2kg)

Squat 3:  435 (197.3kg)

Bench 1:  315 (142.8kg)

Bench 2:  335 (152kg)

Bench 3:  350 (158.8kg)

Deadlift 1:  415 (188.2kg)

Deadlift 2:  465 (210.9kg)

Deadlift 3:  515 (233.6kg)

• Like 4

OK, havent lifted for a week so I decided to do my NF Virtual Comp lifts today...if nothing else I am rested.  BW this morning was 260.5lbs (~118kg)

Current PRs:  
Squat:  402lbs (182.5kg)
Bench: 345lbs
DL: 502lbs (227.5kg)

Lifts:
Squat 1:  365 (165.6kg)
Squat 2:  415 (188.2kg)
Squat 3:  435 (197.3kg)

Bench 1:  315 (142.8kg)
Bench 2:  335 (152kg)
Bench 3:  350 (158.8kg)

Deadlift 1:  415 (188.2kg)
Deadlift 2:  465 (210.9kg)
Deadlift 3:  515 (233.6kg)

Well those certainly aren't your PRs anymore.  CONGRATS!!!!

• Like 1

So I've done my lifts finally

Weight: 133.4kg - I really need to stop gaining weight.

Squats:

Attempt 1: 200kg

Attempt 2: 210kg

Attempt 3: 220kg

Bench:

Attempt 1: 120kg

Attempt 2: 125kg X

Attempt 3: 125kg X

Deadlift:

Attempt 1: 205kg

Attempt 2: 215kg

Attempt 3: 225kg X

So after a really amazing squat result (25kg more than my last PR), I was left with a bad taste in my mouth from bench (10kg less than my previous PR), and then I was a little disappointed with my deadlifts (15kg more than my last PR).

Overall I shouldn't be upset, I managed a 14 point jump in my wilks, despite my weight gain. Next stop 330.

• Like 4