Late jump-in: Elanor's Challenge preparing to be able to to anything! (#7)

Hello my dear fellow rebels!

I'll do a quick jump in to this last 2 weeks of this challenge not only because I miss everyone very much but also because I want to make some more tracking to prepare for the next challenge.

For those of you that don't know me: I'm really focused towards weight loss - I want to lose 30 kgs for a start!

So, my goals for the 2 weeks until feb 26 are:

1.: do at least 2 hours of any activity each day and track it

2.: track not only food, but also the healthy (paleo)/unhealthy relationship (print everyday's foodtracking and mark it with colors)

3.: Build up 3 workouts every week and find out what I'm capable of doing and what I like

---

Other Life Quest:

Reorganize my workspace and living room to make it easier to concentrate at work and be functional again (my computer broke down and I'll have to reinstall it so I decided to use the moment to create a full new workspace in my apartment) 

REWARDS:

Level-up and I will buy a nice agenda to track my fitness goals :-)

-----

There are a few other things I wanted to share with you. I just finished writing on my fitness blog a post that's really dear to me. For year's I thought being fit was equal with being thin - but I realize that overtime I'm one of the fittest people in my family. I would really love if you checked out my article and shared your feelings with me - it's not to get klicks but to exchange our feelings and I think it would be to much to write everything down in this thread.

There's another announcement I wanted to make: for my next challenge in march I'll be moving to either the scouts or the rangers section - I think this aligns well with my goals and my new wish to do more extended hikes - maybe go to visit my family in Bavaria and go hiking in the alps.

----

I'll update my blog twice a week and I do a Vlog usually on Saturday - I'll try to update here daily tough.

Thanks for reading and don't hesitate with any advice for me you can think of!

Yours,

Elanor aka Jaana

Level 9 Human-Viking Paladin
Challenges: #1 ... #2 ... #3 ... #4 ... #5 ... #6 ... #7 ... #8 ... #9 ... Current: #10

My journey - Elanor's official Blog

My weekly Fitness-Vlog on YouTube

Welcome back! 

I feel like this should get more fanfare ... but I should probably stop taking a break and get back to work ...

Anyway - nice goals and reward plan! I'll pop over and check out your blog post when I can.

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

hey stealthstitcher - so great to read you as always! :)

At the moment it's crazy - just when I made a new plan for the week, everything goes upsidedown and unplanned things get into the way. I'll analyze all of this in the following days. 

But there are some good news too: I just managed to get my computer running again!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Challenges: #1 ... #2 ... #3 ... #4 ... #5 ... #6 ... #7 ... #8 ... #9 ... Current: #10

But there are some good news too: I just managed to get my computer running again!!!!!!!!

Yay!

At the moment it's crazy - just when I made a new plan for the week, everything goes upsidedown and unplanned things get into the way. 

Argh, I hate that! Silly life, not following the schedule.

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

Thanks for your support fellow rebels! :-)

Ah, yes, this week seems to turn out to just resisting to fit any scedule - but there's a lot of trust inside me that there's something good in it. I'm learning about thyreoid issues because my father told me this could also be a reason for my overweight ... hm ... we'll see. 

Today I did all my farm work on my own because it was cold outside and my husband was in a bad mood because he was fixing something on my sisters computer so I preferred doing the work on my own. Itjust feels so rewarding having sone everything on my own and not feeling to have to depend on someone - can anyone relate?

I'm often saving up my energy to be able to operate whenever someone needs me throughout the day - but why not spend the energy also for me, for what feels rewarding for my self - or am I getting selfish here?

These thoughts spring to my mind as I write this - I'm leaving stunned by a new realization!!!

6d20d8d1f9d07e18c50ccb864f4fdb9f9ab49f20

erm - yeah, and I just wrote my newest blog entry - maybe someone likes to check it out! http://elanorthefairsjourney.blogspot.fr/2016/02/aching-to-make-music.html

Yours, Elanor aka Jaana

Your blog is gone! 

I'm often saving up my energy to be able to operate whenever someone needs me throughout the day - but why not spend the energy also for me, for what feels rewarding for my self - or am I getting selfish here?

I don't think so; a person only has so much mental and physical energy. If you never use any of it for yourself, it's easy to start resenting other people for taking up all of it. And it's hard to help others if you have exhausted yourself and haven't left yourself anything with which to recharge. I have the opposite problem; I tend to hoard all my energy for myself and hesitate to do things involving people because they might use it up and then I won't have it. I have to remind myself that that energy is there to be used, not hoarded like dragon gold. 

I'm learning about thyreoid issues 

Definitely check into that if you think it might be a problem - thyroid problems can throw a lot of things off!

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

whoops - Sunday went by and I didn't even write here - sorry, I returned late yesterday. 

I haven't written my blogpost either but I recorded a new video wich will be especially interesting for members of the rebellion because I'm talking about NerdFitness. 

I've gained a little weight again but everything seems to get back in control since my main focus goes back to eating mostly paleo again and not stressing so much about my eating scedule. I'm searching for a way to handle emotional stress (with family members for example) and time stress too. In the last 6 months my daily routine has switched twice and for some reason this is really hard for me. Work is piling up, so many things are yet to prepare for the months of spring and I'm a little anxious about where to get my energy for it.

Ok, if you have a message to cheer me up - go for it ;) I would love to talk more about fitness, but as I don't know how my days are evolving at the moment, I don't want to write down plans again that are propably not going to work out.

I'm reading Steve's book BTW and it's really helpful!

See you!

Elanor

whoops - Sunday went by and I didn't even write here - sorry, I returned late yesterday. 

In the last 6 months my daily routine has switched twice and for some reason this is really hard for me. Work is piling up, so many things are yet to prepare for the months of spring and I'm a little anxious about where to get my energy for it.

I hate it when my routine changes! I love a nice, stable routine where I know what is going to happen in my day and when. When the routine changes or random unexpected things get thrown at me, I go into survival mode and can't seem to get anything done besides basic surviving. It's hard!

Work piling up can definitely be stressful. I've found this quote from Fruits Basket to be helpful to me (sorry for the extreme length of the quote) -

"For example let's say, that you are surrounded with a mountain of laundry piled so high around your feet that you can't move. Are you with me? Now, let's assume you don't have a washing machine, so you have to wash everything individually by hand. You would be at a loss for what to do, right? You'd worry about if you could ever wash everything, if you could get it all clean, if you'd ever have time for anything but laundry ever again! The more you'd think about it, the more anxious you'd get. But the time keeps passing, and the laundry doesn't wash itself. So what do you do? It might be a good idea to start washing the laundry right at your feet. Of course it's important to think about what lies ahead, too, but if you only look at what's down the road you'll get tangled in the laundry at your feet and you'll fall, won't you? You see, it's also important to think about what you can do now, what you can do today. And if you keep washing things one at a time, you'll be done before you know it." 
  • Like 1

Stealthstitcher

Thank you stealthstitcher! I will tell my sisters that here's another Fruits Basket fan - I absolutely love your SAO-quote in your signature - this show is just amazing. 

377186065-sword-art-online_o_736989.jpg

You're really helpful! I wish I could give something back to you - my next update is on the way!

I am so, so happy I have found a community where you can reference anime and not only do people get it, they don't say, "Ew ... why would you like that?" SAO is my favorite. 

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

Hello my dear fellow rebels,

I’m really sorry for not posting any updates in the past few days but I wanted to concentrate on this “mini-challenge-result postâ€.

Ok, this challenge did not work the way I intended but led me to rethink several things and I finally think that I found out more about what suits me. So, just to recap what I’ve done this 2 weeks:

• I informed myself about thyreoid issues (maybe I’ll write more about this on my blog).

• I reinstalled my computer and finally got some work done

• I reorganized my daily scedule to be able to flow again

• I prioritized my mental health also, writing about how I feel on my blog but I also made it a priority to speak up immediatly when I feel stressed about someone and resolve the issue - as small as it might be

• I focused on what really helped me: paleo diet and not fussing so much about counting calories. Result: weight gain stopped! I’m so relieved. I’m feeling more energetic again and my immune system starts to be in good shape.

• I informed myself about how strenght training works and how the exercises can be properly done taking in consideration my massive weight because I have the tendency to overdo them and making to much.

• I spent around 2-4 hours outside working almost everyday in every weather.

• I got enough sleep whenever I needed.

• I spent 5 days in listening to spiritual retreat talks (about 3 hours) while doing my daily chores

I could add to this list many things but those are real achievements and I think that I deserve my reward and to consider this challenge a real level up! I will buy myself a new agenda as I said.

31263268.jpg

And another reward I already started celebrating: you know, I want to find a way in doing more strenght training again - softer, but more often. I realized that I needed some space for this where I felt comfortable doing the movements - a batcave somewhere I like to be. So, today I started decluttering a part of my bedroom that was used for laundry and I will install myself there - level by level - with my dumbbells, my yoga mat etc. :D yay!

Another thing is, that I received Steve Kamb’s book “level up your life†and I completed my character on the site! https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/28960/ With last weeks VLog I took some special time to say thank you to Steve and I’m talking about what Nerd Fitness has done for me. I’d love if you checked it out!!! Here it is:

I’m already preparing for challenge no. 8 beginning on Monday! I’ll tell you that there’s strenght training, videos and music coming. ;)

Thank you so much for your support - son’t forget to check out my blog which I update normally twice a week!

Love you everyone!

Elanor - aka Jaana

• Like 1