"Lord what fools these mortals be..." Ah, so I've heard, and so I've lived. Yes, this mortal shall reinvent herself as a faerie, as faerie's are not fools. And alas, this is not my first (or my second) respawn. Yet THIS respawn will be the best I can muster, and I am learning the steps of prioritising and committment to me. This time, I will take small steps to BALANCE my life outside the faerie realm with my loves inside the realm. And why would I do that, you ask? The answer's quite simple, my friend. I do that for me. "How very selfish of you," I hear your thoughts, and at one time I would agree, but no longer. In my fourth decade, there is still much to do, many places to fly. The world has big plans for me; whatever those may be, to act upon those opportunities I must be physically more able to fly.

This week I will:

• find the meditation strand I like and begin with 5 minutes. Monday - Sunday. 
  • complete 1 NerdFitnessYoga between Sunday and Sunday.
  • use more time at school to grade papers leaving me more time at home to BALANCE.
  • use my bullet journal as a checklist tool so as to not feel so overwhelmed all the time.

20 seconds of courage... okay, more like 2 seconds of courage....I shall now press "post new topic" and my journey has begun...yep, I'm gonna do it..... right..................now

• Like 4

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

"the stars began to burn through the sheets of clouds, and there was a new voice which you slowly recognized as your own"  ~ Mary Oliver

Battle/Flight Log

Hi! 

Welcome back - fellow respawn-er here, and I'm totally with you on the motivation. Yes, it may seem selfish to focus on improving yourself, but if you feel better, you do better things, which is better for everyone, right?

Good luck and I have no doubt you will be awesome!

For the Rebellion,

Petra

• Like 2

635897237635027521-288945661_64ef3a7989f

Spreading my dust of ambition, I have now found my magic meditation on Headspace-- and not surprisingly, it is the pack dealing with BALANCE. And though I was aiming for 5 minutes, I have instead worked with 10 (the minimum offered in the program). My only downfall is that I practice to form this habit before I go to bed-- which I realize may not be optimal. A longer term goal of mine will be to shift this meditation to the transition between school and home. After all it IS all about balance. 

I have efficiently used by Bullet Journal as a checklist, and I am more calm. I can see before me what needs to be completed, so I do not waste time. I am still a procrastinator, but I am working on being less so. 

The papers the papers the papers.... I wasn't in school today, nor will I be tomorrow, so any hope of grading papers in school has gone to the wind. Each day is a conference day which takes away my time, though I did surreptitiously get a set of papers graded today. Teachers make the worst students, right? 

Continuation of Weekly Goals:

• Keep that bullet journal going
  • 1 day of NerdFitness Yoga
  • Grade 1 class period of papers per day
  • Continue the meditation
  • Like 2

"the stars began to burn through the sheets of clouds, and there was a new voice which you slowly recognized as your own"  ~ Mary Oliver

Battle/Flight Log

You BuJo too?? I just started mine this week and I love Love LOVE it. I'm getting so much more done and I'm less stressed to boot!

You BuJo too?? 

Gurl, I so do! I started in January. It's not always pretty but it does the job! Love it 2! We oughta compare notes. Send me a pm if you want. 

Battle/Flight Log

Bullet Journal seems to be a big trend in the NF community these days. :D I just did a rought attempt at turning my notebook into one. :) So far, it's been working quite well. If I enjoy it enough, I might get a special dedicated notebook just for htat.

• Like 1

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

The smell of spring lurked among the edges of today's crispness. Spring must be in the air. Ah, spring. The perfect time for faeries....

And how did this wise faerie fare this past week, you may ask?

1. BALANCE: spending 40 minutes after school to grade papers.

Yes. 2 days I did this. Balance achieved? well.. maybe.

2. Find the meditation I like and spend 5 minutes a day Mon - Sun. 

Yes. But I was not consistent mainly because I need to be strict about using the time between home & school to meditate. Balance. 

3. Use by BuJu to help focus and balance; checking off daily to-dos so as not to be always overwhelmed.

Mission accomplished. 

4. 1 day of NerdFitness Yoga between Monday - Sunday.

Epic fail. 

As much as I am not pleased, I know I need to continue and not give up. I'll use today's win to spur me on: 7, 294 steps. I purposely set my fitbit step goal at 7000 so I could savor achievement of small goals. I'm proud of myself. 

Goals for this week: 

Meditate at least 3 days this week between Sunday and Saturday.

Continue to chart tasks and to-dos in my BuJu each night for the next day. 

Write in my BuJu Gratitude log at least 3 days this week between Sunday and Saturday.

Stay after school for at least 30 minutes 2 days this week to grade papers

Complete 1 NerdFitness Yoga session between Monday and Saturday.

I MUST find a way to BALANCE better or my Oberon will be pitching a fit soon. And so I shall search...

• Like 3

Battle/Flight Log

You can do it!!! As long as you keep trying, you haven't failed, right? And yay for small goals and small wins - eventually they add up!

Go Scooby Chick!!!!

• Like 1

A little faerie dust is sprinkled as I chant "I will not eat the ice cream, I will not eat the ice cream...: and so on. 

Goals for this week: 

Meditate at least 3 days this week between Sunday and Saturday.

Continue to chart tasks and to-dos in my BuJu each night for the next day. 

Write in my BuJu Gratitude log at least 3 days this week between Sunday and Saturday.

Stay after school for at least 30 minutes 2 days this week to grade papers

Complete 1 NerdFitness Yoga session between Monday and Saturday.

Happy to report my Bullet Journal to-dos continue to work out just fine. Tonight I will write on my gratitude page. I found I lack in that area, recording gratitude... The last 2 months I made a double page spread and wrote only a handful of times. Like decreasing my steps to achieve a small measure of success, I have done the same and reduced to one page. No corresponding dates. We'll see how that goes. 

The last two days I have stayed after school and it seems there is a glimmering light over at the Frankenstein place after all! I am a bit more caught up than I thought.. and just in time to receive a new batch of papers on Monday! yes, I am genius.

I wish, though, there was magic faerie dust for meditation. After school today I tucked in my wings and sat with the young spawn and then promptly fell asleep in front of "Teen Titans". When I awoke, I was completely alone and subjected to an episode entitled "Leg Day" in which jacked up arm muscles characters drooled over and kissed their ripped muscles, until they find they have chicken legs. Then they do everything with their amazingly over-developed legs. It was a tad disconcerting... 

So I leave you with a piece of advice: parents, please, if you are going to do your child's argument response essay for him or her, please make sure to properly cite in-text quotations (as demonstrated in class) and use syntactical structures within the paper more indicative of your spawn. Oh, and if you choose to plagiarize, well, any way you slice that one it's awkward. But I'm working on a way to send you (as well as your child) to the suspension school. 

~ faith, trust, and a little triceratops

me

• Like 1

Battle/Flight Log

Caught between the world of COD supply drops, "snipes", and my own pleasantries, I pause to write today to keep myself accountable. I do believe there are too few hours in a day for doing what I want to or love to do. Alas...

Though I  feel like an epic faerie fail, seeing as I've done very little of the things I set myself to do this week, I do have a win...

As the manboy spawn continues to sneak up on me and croon "hello..." in his best cracked voice Adele imitation, I reflect upon my gym experience today. I walked. Yes. I walked and my back did not groan in too much anger. AND I surpassed my 7k step goal for the day!

My main issue is that of not working in the Yoga or the Meditation. I am very confused. I have no aversion to either; I actually enjoy both a great deal. Perhaps it's simply a case of weak flesh, of the 'spirit is willing' type. Hmmm. 

Once more to the point: This week I shall:

Complete 1 Nerdfitness Yoga session between Monday and Sunday of next week. 

Stay after school at least 40 minutes for 2 days-- seeing as I'm staring down a week of no free or planning periods. Oh joy.

Write on my gratitude page at least 3 times this week.

Continue to track daily "to-do"s in BuJo. 

Until we fly together again...

~ faith, trust, and a little triceratops

Battle/Flight Log

OOOOO big win! Meditation achieved. Ah the sweet feeling of a more clear transition from school mode to home mode. All I had to do was think outside the box! The last two days I've come home I've entered through the back door. This stealthy move allows me to assess the terrain-- if all is quiet, the spawns are either doing homework or playing video games-- and here's my chance. I tip toe into the bathroom downstairs, careful not to make a sound, and I enter and close the door. I sit on the floor, que up my Headspace app (today I put on the fan so boys would assume smelly zone if they came down), plug in my headphones and experience 10 minutes of transition. And it makes a difference lemme tell ya. Hopefully no one will catch on soon. 

tink Gif 2

AND 2 days of achieving steps above 5k, even though my back hurt. Small steps...

Until we fly together again...

~faith, trust, and a little triceratops

• Like 1

Battle/Flight Log

Damn... did ya see those letters there by my stats today? This faerie is HOT and on fire! You bet your bippee I'm hot. 

She flies away in an attempt to be graceful, but is so preoccupied with herself that a wing catches the edge of a spider's web and she veers off into a tree trunk. 

"Yep. I'm okay. All good here. It's only a flesh wound..." 

As she walks, somewhat dizzily and coughing faerie dust, off into the rainbow...

• Like 2

Battle/Flight Log