And when they ask you if you are ready for battle what will you say?

Is it i carried a table around town last night humming the ninja turtles theme music?

No? that's just me then  :smug:

it's not quite as strange as it sounds i had to get a small table back to my house and in line with my new Nerd Fitness anti-fragile strategy i thought i would carry it rather than put it in a taxi.

I need to get fit again, the last year has been really difficult at work and I stopped exercising and eating well. I've been a member of nerd fitness for more than 180 days and i didn't make any progress to start with because i didn't have a plan. In the words of Steve i have been a total underpants gnome (book readers, you know what i mean)

However i will now be experimenting on my underpants to see how to turn them into fitness (this is a weird metaphor). Basically i will be starting without a plan, plans are my downfall i spend lots of time crafting them and not much time doing them.

Currently i'm trying to walk an additional 500 miles this year (tracking with my fitbit) (average last year was 4 miles per day/1460 per year). It's going ok but i'm a bit behind mostly due to the dark and cold it makes me kind of hibernate.

i also did my first body weight workout on Saturday, assuming it will get easier as i build more muscles because it was great at the time then dire and hurty.

ah well off we go  :butterfly:

Huzzah to you! I wish I could have seen you in your table toting beast mode. Do what works best for you, just don't give up. Keep trying different methods of accountability, keep writing here, keep positive and small steps. You are so ready for this! I'm sending you good vibes for your continued journey :snowman:

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

"the stars began to burn through the sheets of clouds, and there was a new voice which you slowly recognized as your own"  ~ Mary Oliver

Battle/Flight Log

Huzzah to you! I wish I could have seen you in your table toting beast mode. Do what works best for you, just don't give up. Keep trying different methods of accountability, keep writing here, keep positive and small steps. You are so ready for this! I'm sending you good vibes for your continued journey :snowman:

Hey there battle log forum i see you nommed all my posts from yesterday, well don't eat any more because they are full off sugar ;)

I am totally stealing the phrase table toting beast mode, i love it. 

So yesterday i passed my 10K a day Fitbit step goal and i remade a whole bunch of shelves at work (we moved offices) which worked well for some exercise. Today i also hit my step goal but i might have skipped out of the gym to go see 2 films. Still in recompense for missing cross fit i have to do another bodyweight workout tomorrow because there are no classes on. I'm not upping the weight or difficulty yet but i am looking to beat my last time of 17 Min 32 s to complete 3 sets of the beginners bodyweight workout.

onwards we go and i'll be back to chat tomorrow when it's not 1am

:butterfly:

So, i've been learning some interesting things about my motivation

• It is higher in the morning/daylight
  • I have real trouble prioritising myself

Friday night was a great example i said i might go to a friends choir concert at 8pm and thought i could get a gym session in between work and the concert. I ended up being at work later than i intended as i wanted to clear out some tasks. Then i hit a really indecisive inertia point where what i really wanted to do was go to the gym but i felt obliged to go to the concert to support my friend

what actually happened was that i sat at work being mostly ineffective until it was too late to do either and then went home.

Part of this is a time issue, i always feel like i need more time to do things than i have, i'm inevitably early if i have a meeting etc but i can discount some things i could do because i feel i don't have enough time. I have found telling myself i have plenty of time can modify this so that's helping.

The other part is about prioritising myself, i always feel obliged to meet commitments that other people put on me, can be work that needs doing, cleaning because no one else has bothered, friends having events they invite me to, people saying they haven't seen me in ages. I'm usually at the bottom of the list of needs.

This is proving much harder to work on anyone got any tips for this?  :wacko:

You sound so much like me! I find that the only thing to do is get off my arse and GO. Making daily lists in my Bullet Journal has helped me prioritise what needs to be complete in a day, and if there's something I simply couldn't get to-- like today I didn't send a thank you card to someone who sent me a gift-- I leave it blank and I'll fit it in when I can. 

I believe the hardest thing is to put myself as a priority, and it sounds odd, but I truly have to work at it. Today I failed, meaning I skipped my workout to come home because one of my boys said he "needed me" when in reality he really didn't. Lately I've been on the sub-par working mother train for most likely some pretty legit reasons, but to make a long story short-- I SHOULD have gone to the gym. I was secretly relieved he called. I didn't skip my trainer because of the guilt or the obligation-- I simply used him as an excuse and tumbled down my priority list. 

BUT-- tomorrow's another day. I'm learning to say no to people, and no one's imploding or hating me. This week, I began to add one thing a day to my list that's simply for me-- something I might deem "selfish" but is really self-care. This week it's reading each night. Not school reading but pleasure reading. I'm getting ready to go to bed right now, and i'm staring down lesson plans I didn't finish bc I didn't read, and model project notes I haven't finished, again, because I haven't had time to read the book but dammit, I'm going to finish this and go read The Revenant for a half hour. Because it makes me happy. 

So I don't know if my babbling has spurred you on or begun to give you ideas of an answer that works for you, but I hope it has.  :panda:

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

"the stars began to burn through the sheets of clouds, and there was a new voice which you slowly recognized as your own"  ~ Mary Oliver

Battle/Flight Log