As dust gets swept away by footsteps of the newly arrived, a few pick pen and ink to dribble on recent developments.

Many have perished on this path, many might never attempt it.

“A man goes to knowledge as he goes to war: wide-awake, with fear, with respect, and with absolute assurance.

Going to knowledge or going to war in any other manner is a mistake, and whoever makes it might never live to regret it†

-- Carlos Castañeda, The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge

You have accessed Aeri's battle log, and are welcome to give input or press for oath keeping.

Much love,

- Aeri 

• Like 1

Apprentice of Intent .  Lvl X Druidu Bronze IV

Epic Quest | Battle Log | Current Challenge

' Who has the time to stall reaching hus highest potential? Death tells me "I'm a fickle thing, and I see you." ' •Aerisand

_________ The Dark Link ________

No sound is heard, peaceful it might seem; an ordinary day in a seemingly ordinary life. 

"The choice to be idle is an action itself, made to bring about waves of consequence."

-- Aeri Sand

She woke extremely late, absorbed by the familiar land of dreams she often inhabited, and it appeared to make no difference. Some time was spent transcribing apprenticeship quests for the coming month, to make it easier to track progress or casualties. Priority targets had to be marked, it would take an exceptional master to recall them all during battle.

Aeri picked up her only treasure chest and opened it. The scent of mysterious roots, citrics, and leaves instantly floated around; that was it--nothing more was needed as a reminder of the wonders that inhabit and make this earth. This neatly packed, bizarre oily mix of scents would make her stronger for a moment, as long as she remembered it. Now, she thought, she was ready to face anything. Had to be, for whenever she was called to her first battle.

"There's something special about quests, I can hear their call.. 'do this,' so alluring, especially when they're in bits and pieces," she said, while working on the structure of her magic professional skills scroll. A magical scroll like this one would update her registry worldwide, all she had to do was create a link to the cyberspace.    

One other thing to keep in mind was a technique that was taught to all new arrivals: the pomodoro rhythms.
What kind of word is that, really? The pomodoro rhythms are a way to work, through which work will take the form of a melody, in cycles of fast and slow beats.
"Using these rhythms helps maintain the sense of urgency, as if I had to get to a particular point before the next break is up." 
It was said that a sure way to tell apart an unsuspecting human from an apprentice was to search the human's back for knots; such human would most likely have huge tight knots all over the place, especially around the neck, while an apprentice would have a more even back, those more advanced would be absent unnatural tension. 

Later, as a delicious carrot was chewed on, eyes hurting, and considering to wear her cool geeky glasses again, if only for the computer. 
"I feel this... urge to finish the quests I started today, there's not enough time left, but that's on me. Started late after all," she sighed. 
Tried to stay busy a while longer but it wasn't working anymore, and getting to the moment when everything comes out weird.  
"That moment when you're thinking of thinking to quote The Lion King, but what comes through your mind is
'The plant lives in you',
which for sure--isn't right."

Looking back on that day, the first day as an official apprentice, it was that she knew she had already fought her first battle, and lost.
The battle against herself, just like the legend of The Dark Link. 
Still, it wasn't over. Tomorrow... or better said,
Now, after coming back from the land of dreams.
Moon-icon.png

• Like 1

' Who has the time to stall reaching hus highest potential? Death tells me "I'm a fickle thing, and I see you." ' •Aerisand

I know the bane of waking up late. You'll do better tomorrow! :) If it becomes a consistend issue, try tracking your wake-up times like you would a worko-out, and wake up 5 - 15 minutes earlier very day. I swear it works wonders. :)

• Like 2

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

_________ A Radiant Shrub ________

An hour earlier than the day before, up and stumbling, needing it to be earlier still; but progress made. This somehow granted Aeri with 3 more hours of questing--if she used it effectively. 

She continued crafting her magic professional skills scroll; inked in most of the art, collected all proof that was left of her having any skill whatsoever and started weaving it together in the most creative way with which she could come up. It had to be made into a complex web, and include everything

Next, prompted by learners who followed a different schedule, she had lunch earlier. It felt good! 
"It's the weirdest thing... I'm starting to like the taste of the aloe & nopal drink I've been taking for my stomach," mumbled Aeri as she drank her assigned two sips.

It's worth mentioning that the pomodoro rhythms were successfully implemented this day. A song it was, a song of all challenged quests.

She also came to find that other learners had really valuable insights and tips. One of such, somehow a Goblin. There were things, Aeri was sure, that would take forever to understand.   

A new day ends, however not without sprouting a seed.
One in some way related to having a feeling
of warm assurance.

:strawberry: Next two days, I'm planning to tackle the physical quests. Let's find out where I'm at, which will show if I can complete the first part. Been a while since I really worked at it. I just know I'm wayyy behind! 

_________ Day 1 ________

Just the thought of having entered the challenge was enough to spur action. Came a day full of rewards, not of the physical kind but felt within. Acting on principle was incredibly pleasant.

Though nothing done had affected others much, so the pleasantness was easy to come by, being without external influences or complaints.

More could be done to be successful, she knew,

but one had to start somewhere.

Completed another quest from the Career quest chain, my demo reel, and continued working on one of the Mental ones for learning.

Did some very welcome freelance work.

:shame: Physical quest tackling on the weekend for stat gathering was a failure. No action started, which is why it has been added to this month's challenge.

__________ P = M V _________

How much effort it'll take to stop the rebel going this direction = How much of the rebel is moving x How fast

On this day, she experienced a significant lack of energy, particularly after training. Knowing that building momentum will take more than just showing up for the first day of a challenge. She must be able to double or even triple her efforts when facing extra enemy waves.

Aeri felt less productive, but looking at her notes she saw it's almost the same as the day before, even a bit more.

"Yesterday I had less time available, used it with average energy. Today I had a lot more available, and it was harder to take advantage of it," she mused.

Later in the day she felt much better after having completed a quest.

And last, she spent some time working on music, not quite as she used to (since she was only working on lyrics and their melody), but it'd been long without anything of the like.

Challenge Acknowledged.

___________ Habits ___________

"How much more tired can someone be before adjusting to a new regime?", she wondered.

As Aeri attempted to be even more productive, she became aware of how annoying was her wish to give in.

It was not a true wish, she knew; it was nothing more than a bad habit.

At the last minute, she went through the physical challenge of the day.

She would not give up so easily.

Completed the requirements for a Ritual quest, regarding a balance sheet.

• Like 1

Storing my 1st challenge with results and review here:

Spoiler
On 2/29/2016 at 8:14 PM, aerisand said:
0ab0ef466975416eb636d4ec6c53f701.jpg

"You must push yourself beyond your limits, all the time.
The only possible course that a warrior has is to act consistently and without reservations.
You know enough of the warrior's way to act accordingly, but your old habits and routines stand in your way."
--Carlos Castañeda, Tales of Power.

In the struggle to follow the Way of the Warrior (druidic lore) so to be strong enough to become a Lord of Knowledge, stable foundations must be built. Beginning by forging a sword of willpower through discipline. 

This challenge is about setting up rituals that help me make progress.

I've been aimlessly wandering for a long time, even though I had a slight idea of what I truly wanted in life. As an apprentice here, I believe now's the perfect time to get a grip and follow my path.

For that, I must first work on the basics:

Ritual Morning: daily

- Up on time [7:00 AM]

- Workout: 10 min warmup, 10-30 min workout, 10 min stretch & cooldown.

Pomodoro rhythms, while being productive, daily.

Meditate 5 min daily.

Tai Chi & Qi Gong once a week.

Ritual Night: daily

- Review goals, add notes, fill in my battle log.

- In bed on time [10:25 PM]

Evaluate physical stats once, on the 4th week, for reference: This is here because I won't do it otherwise  :shame:

- Time it takes to run 2.4km

- Amount of full pushups, amount of full dips, controlled dead hang duration

- Duration I'm able to hold plank positions: plank, lift each arm, each leg, alternates arm+leg, plank.

- Amount of burpees done in 28 secs

- Body fat and muscle percentage 

Grading:

A "With Honors"  =  All done, all 4 weeks 

A  > =  90% (or 3 weeks 4 days)

B  > =  80% (or 3 weeks 1 day)

C  > =  70% (or 2 weeks 5 days)

D  > =  60% (or 2 weeks 2 days)

F  < =  59.9% (or 2 weeks 1 day)

On 3/26/2016 at 10:42 PM, aerisand said:

---- RESULTS ----

challenge1_Mar25_small_zpskhbfyxlh.png

[79] Ritual Morning

[96] Pomodoro

[84] Meditate

[83] Ritual Night

Evaluated physical stats once, on the 4th week, for reference:

- Time it takes to run 2.4km
Did 0.5km in 3:01, that's the speed I need to maintain for 14:30 (6:02/km)

- Amount of full pushups, amount of full dips, controlled dead hang duration
1 full pushup, struggling but properly done
quarter of a dip
Controlled dead hang for 12 secs

- Duration I'm able to properly hold plank positions: plank, lift each arm, each leg, alternates arm+leg, plank.
Stage 1: 6 secs, Stage 2: 2 secs each, Stage 3: 3 secs

- Amount of burpees done in 28 secs
With doggy in the room: 2
Without doggy in the room: 4

2016, Mar 21th

• 30.8% body fat
  • 25.9% muscle
  • 1157 kcal

Review coming up

Spoiler

On 3/27/2016 at 6:07 PM, aerisand said:

CHALLENGE REVIEW

WEEK 1

Productivity: average 

Focus: general

WEEK 2 

Productivity: high

Focus: quests

WEEK 3 

Productivity: low 

Focus: money making

WEEK 4

Focus: planning

ALL

Active: later than possible

Flow/real fun: wasn't daily, hence for longer and poorly timed sometimes

Energy: low by the end of the week, lowest by 3rd week, brain fog by 4th week

Productivity: inconstant

Focus: could use more balance

SUCCESSFUL AREAS

• Pomodoro use
  • Daily meditation

Missed days were few, first was due to distraction (fixed with reminders), other ones due to tiredness.

PROBLEM AREAS

• Wake up and sleep times
  • Sticking to new habits when not at my place (weekend)
  • Procrastination induced tiredness
  • Prioritizing tasks & assigning urgency

TO DO:

• Add some things from here as part of next challenge
  • Set due dates when doing to do's from reviews, for an added sense of urgency
  • Choose 3 priorities weekly, to be broken down into steps 
  • Set due dates for the chosen priorities
  • Daily money making is a must
  • Night's schedule mustn't change that much on the weekends, even if staying elsewhere

Make sure these are taken care of

Spoiler

TO DO:

• Finish optimizing my environments for HP
  • Setup a system for keeping these ideas present and/or make them actionable
  • Write down the new easier-to-pull-through/harder-to-get-injured workout program, keep it handy
  • Follow a consistent approximates schedule, a sequence:
    Option 1 AM - bricks, money-making, PM - quest(s), workout, flow
    Option 2 AM - bricks, money-making, workout PM - quest(s), flow
  • Gradually adjust for DST during these two weeks, half hour earlier on this one, same as DST on next one
  • Make a big sign or record a daily reminder, or both, about reframing how I see my goals: "aim for the best, not the worst allowed." ie, sleep & get up as early as possible - as awesome as possible
  • Rituals are non negotiable, turn both morning and night rituals into sequential reminders, make them different for the weekend - restoring energy is a big deal
  • On days of low energy, go to bed 20 min earlier
  • Get TO DO's done ASAP

Quoting last week's to do's for reference

Hide contents
On 3/14/2016 at 10:29 PM, aerisand said:

TO DO:

• Spend 15min on a priority quest daily, not counting MTU tasks
  • Use max 2 flow timers in a row per day, 1 is optimal
  • Note any extra prep requirements for the next day during Night Ritual
  • Remember Sunday actions impact Monday
  • Nap once in the afternoon when tired
  • Remember to alternate energy types used in the afternoon
  • Do leg work without knee pressure for strength + food/supplements that help joints (links saved, add to workout)

REMEMBER from last week:

• Weekday workouts in the AM whenever possible. 
    Option 1 AM: short wake-up workout, PM: full workout after digesting lunch
    Option 2 AM: short wake-up workout, and full workout right before lunch
  • Don't skip breaks
  • Wake up with 2 min of awesomeness

• Like 1

For some reason,I am not receiving updates for this. [emoji20]

Odd o.o

At least this is the least active thread, working as a storage room xD

- - - -

Sent from my capsule using a telepathic squirrel.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2016 at 0:48 PM, Aeri-sand said:

Odd o.o

At least this is the least active thread, working as a storage room xD

- - - -

Sent from my capsule using a telepathic squirrel.

Now I did. Apparently the new settings for "Daily Updates" are... weird.

• Like 1

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

Loved it all, especially the perspective you gave on anxiety, quoting for safe keeping and future re-reads. @zenLara  

as you know, spoiler button is on holidays....

Yesterday I took some time to make a reflection on what happened during thursday's concert. I was nervous, a bit stressed even. But my mind has definitively changed. When I noticed first I was starting to feel weird, I turned to my affirmations and said to myself I could do it no matter what the feelings were, "they are just feelings, they come and go, they will pass". Then, as stress grew I thought "ok, I am not going to feel calm today, so this is a good opportunity to learn to feel good in this type of situations" (another of my affirmations). And then, while I was playing, I felt I had this "free space" in my mind, where I could feel but stay away of the feelings at the same time (I guess that is why "headspace" app is called like that). Instead of the usual negative running commentary, what I got was things like "look, I am playing really well", "were those stomach butterflies? Oh, yes, this is curious. It doesn't matter, I am playing beautifully despite of that", "I don't feel calm, but I can enjoy the music I am playing anyway".

(I like a lot how they picture anxiety on "headspace". They say is like being outdoors surrounded by a storm, with lightnings and thunder and rain and wild wind, but you can learn to face it otherwise: you won't make the storm disappear, but you will look at it from the safety of your home, through the window).

This is a huge step forward since I started to work on my stage fright. I feel that I've been doing small improvements, and going back and forth, and suddenly I've gained a lot of control (I know I'll keep going back and forth, that would be no surprise). I think there are 2 things that have helped to make this change (aside from aaaaall my work on breathing, meditation and affirmations):

1) I read, some time ago, how people that refuse to face stressing situations and avoid them, slowly start to feel anxiety about things that were less stressful before, and when they start avoiding them too, other before normal activities start to generate anxiety, and this goes on and on until the thought of making a phone call or going out of the house produces anxiety. So their world becomes smaller and smaller.

Obviously, the right thing is to do the inverse path, and try to push yourself (kindly) to face those things that scare you or produce anxiety, to make your world bigger instead of smaller.

2) All this self-defense talking about stress inoculation, to get exposed to frightening situations but in a control environment, and the importance of being able to control your mind when in danger, made me think of the need to get exposed to those uncomfortable feelings when playing in public, to get used to them and use them to my benefit. For my whole life, I've been like most of my colleagues, searching for that wonderful day when I would feel calm. It had happened some times, why couldn't it be like that every time? Then, one day, a friend told me how she had played once with Teresa Berganza, and she had told her "I haven't slept the whole night, from so much nerves for this concert", and she was shaking when she spoke of this. Teresa Berganza o_O And then she went on stage and sang delightfully. That was my first clue I wasn't doing things right. Now, my point of view is " those feelings are going to be there, and I have to learn how to live with them, so the more they appear, the more opportunities to get the hang of it". So they still scare me, but now I face them differently.

• Like 2

Storing my 2nd challenge with results and review here:

Spoiler

On 3/28/2016 at 7:14 PM, Aeri-sand said:

538099745.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=62CA8

"Even an instant counts. In a battle for your life, a second is an eternity,

an eternity that may decide the outcome.

Warriors aim at succeeding, therefore they compress time."

--Carlos Castañeda 

Having forged a sword of willpower through discipline, to follow the Way of The Warrior (druidic lore) will require training.

The next step must be learning to aim the sword. Direction is crucial for success.

This challenge is about achieving focus on the path, and beginning to transform that focus into results.

For that, I must sharpen the mighty sword and work on form:

Timely

• Morning ritual started - on time - 7 AMScores (0, 50 within 15 min, 100)
  • In bed, ready to fall sleep - on time - 10:20 PMScores (0, 50 within 15 min, 100)

Productive

• Work on Start up - hours per day - 1 to 4 - Scores (0, 30, 60, 90, 100)
  • Earn money - hours per day - 1 to 4Scores (0, 30, 60, 90, 100)

Clear

• Visualize - twice a week (short daily is optional) - Sun & Wed
  • Meditate - daily - PM

Energized 

• Workout - thrice a week - Mon, Wed, Fri
  • Tai Chi - thrice a week - Tue, Thu, Sat 

Evaluate physical stats on the 4th week for reference, each must be possible to be done in controlled form

• Able to sustain interval training for 6 min? (2, 1, 2, 1)
  • Able to do 2 full pushups?
  • Able to do 1 full dip?
  • Able to do a 15 sec dead hang?
  • Able to hold plank positions (plank; lift each arm, each leg, alternates arm+leg; plank) for 12 sec, 3 sec, 6 sec?
  • Able to sustain continuous cycle of upward both-legs raise to push up and repeat, for 30 sec with 8 cycles?
  • Body fat and muscle percentages.

Replacing some things in the phys stats evaluation, to allow the knees to recover and gradually get stronger legs. Will pay attention to their response to the changes. 

Grading:

A "With Honors"  =  All done, all 4 weeks 

A  > =  90% 

B  > =  80% 

C  > =  70% 

D  > =  60% 

F  < =  59.9%

To begin the 3rd of April

Preparations are being taken care of

On 5/1/2016 at 11:10 PM, Aeri-sand said:

CHALLENGE RESULTS

What it looks like.. sort of... did my best with the cellphone screenshot:

MH93AE7.jpg

Timely: D

Productive: C

Clear: C

Energized: C

Upcoming review.

On 5/8/2016 at 7:08 PM, Aeri-sand said:

CHALLENGE REVIEW

WEEK 1

Productivity: average 

WEEK 2 

Productivity: low

Focus: procrastination

WEEK 3 

Focus: start-up & money making

WEEK 4

Focus: start-up & money making

ALL

Active: terribly late

Flow/real fun: somewhat frequent, overdone hence became a guilty pleasure

Energy: lowest by 2nd & 3rd week, brain fog throughout the challenge

Productivity: inconstant; extremely low

Focus: balanced on a small scale

SUCCESSFUL AREAS

• Workouts & Tai Chi
  • Visualization

Mostly constant, had long streaks.

PROBLEM AREAS

• Procrastination induced tiredness
  • Prioritizing at all

Weekend distractions were handled slightly better, a lot of voluntary late night procrastination (impersonating Houdini, ... you know... escapism),  

TO DO:

• Reduction a.k.a. Simplification: make next challenge as simple as possible
  • Adaptation: establish a more forgiving schedule, somewhat later to allow for late night business meetings
  • Direction: Clarify & specify vision of success, use the new schedule reminders daily
  • Bring back Weekly Reviews + Solution TO DOs
  • Implement super cool system for daily battle - aiming at successful week (cuz I can't help myself, and it might bring the much needed URGENCY!)

***PENDING: Evaluate physical stats on the 4th week for reference, each must be possible to be done in controlled form

2 hours ago, Miw_Sher said:

That is a pretty cool idea. I am going to start doing that this challenge onwards. :)

Woot! I just figured it'd help see how I've done over time, in a single place y'know.

Storing my 3rd challenge with results and review here:

Spoiler
On 5/7/2016 at 11:31 PM, Aeri-sand said:

Blink, blink. A familiar face.

"You have failed the test. For now, we will allow you to recover in our facilities."

And back to the land of dreams...

. . .

The sword of willpower must be reforged, for it was lacking.

First learning to see the target is essential for aiming; direction cannot be rightfully commanded without clarity

-Design a clear and specific state of success on the 1st week

Timely

• SLEEP TIMES - Score (YES/NO) 
    Mon ↑7:15 ↓10:43, Tue ↑7:00 ↓10:13, Wed ↑6:45 ↓10:13, Thu ↑7:00 ↓10:13, Fri ↑6:45 ↓10:13,
    Sat ↑8:05 ↓10:14, Sun ↑8:02 ↓10:13

Productive

• STARTUP - hrs/day - Scores(35, 65, 100) 
  • INCOME - hrs/day - Scores(50, 100)

Clear

• VISUALIZE - once(Sun)
  • MEDITATE - daily(Mon to Sat)

Energized

• WORKOUT - daily(Mon to Sat)

-Evaluate physical stats on the 1st & 4th week for reference, each must be possible to be done in controlled form

• Distance ran in 6 min
  • Amount of full pushups
  • Amount of full dips
  • Duration of dead hang
  • Durations of plank positions

• Able to hold plank positions (plank; lift each arm, each leg, alternates arm+leg; plank) for 18 sec, 4 sec, 9 sec?
    • Able to hold plank positions (plank; lift each arm, each leg, alternates arm+leg; plank) for 24 sec, 6 sec, 12 sec?
  • Amount of burpees in 28 secs & 30 secs

• Body fat & muscle percentages

1 hour ago, Aeri-sand said:

STAGE 4 COMPLETE!

Total Points: 14 

52 minutes ago, Aeri-sand said:

CHALLENGE RESULTS

What it looks like:

3ZXA1r3.png 

Timely: 64

Productive: 72

Clear: 64

Energized: 50

CHALLENGE REVIEW

WEEK 1

WEEK 2 

WEEK 3 

Focus: procrastination

WEEK 4

Productivity: almost low

Focus: start-up

ALL

Active: can still be earlier

Flow/real fun: barely any, except on 4th week

Energy: lowest by 2nd & 3rd week, brain fog on 3rd week

Productivity: inconstant; more average in general

Focus: more balanced than on past challenges, need to add focus on everything non-work related

SUCCESSFUL AREAS

• Best area was Productivity, BUT with a low score
  • Visualization

Mostly constant, with the exception of the 3rd week.

PROBLEM AREAS

• Avoidance/denial
  • Working out

Hardly any problem with weekends. Still seems to be not a simple enough challenge, or just not the right way for me to approach it. 

TO DO:

Also keeping resolutions from last challenge.

• Reduction a.k.a. Simplification: make next challenge as simple as possible -> Even more
  • Adaptation: use the schedule backbone reminders first, Productivity RACE 
  • Direction: Clarify & specify vision of success, constant awareness of Purpose, Strategy, & Death 
  • Keep doing Weekly Reviews + Solution TO DOs
  • Improve the super cool system for daily battle - aiming at successful week -> More accountability ~ transparency
  • Sleep. Period.
  • Deal with RIGHT NOWA "tough now" beats a "hellish later" EVERY TIME. 
  • A bit of genuine Flow daily.

Storing the General Review of challenges: 1, 2, and 3

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Aeri-sand said:

GENERAL REVIEW  (1st, 2nd and 3rd Challenges)

ACTIVE: Generally late

FLOW: Improved

ENERGY: Lowest on 2nd and 3rd weeks

BRAIN FOG: Dependent on unknown factors, no pattern identified

PRODUCTIVITY: Gradually improving

FOCUS: Gradually improving

SCORES

2nd and 3rd weeks tend to be the lowest

Highest average on 1st week

Lowest average on 3rd week

Factors = Energy, motivation, momentum

CHALLENGE ITEMS

Timeliness (sleep) has been the biggest problem

Productivity has gradually improved

Clarity has greatly deteriorated

Energy has greatly deteriorated

Highest average on Clarity

Lowest average on Productivity

Factors = Simplicity, mental-emotional state, habits

TOTAL SCORE

Has gradually decreased

Average of 73

First day powerlifting: 2016, June 25th

Bench: 18 kg

Deadlift: 80# = 36 kg  

Squat: 20+5*4 = 40 kg

Press: 20# = 9 kg (attempted on a later date)

Measurements: last from 2016, June 11th

Weight: 49.1 kg

Body fat: 31.8%

Muscle: 25.5%

Visceral fat: 4%

Other scale stuff: 20.7 IMC, 1164 kcal, Age 26

BMR: 1277.72  ...  1869 to 1981 calburned/day (3 to 5 workout days)

Body measurements: 2016, July 4th  

Chest: 86 cm

Biceps: 26 cm

Waist: 79 cm

Hips: 91 cm

Thigh: 43 cm

Calf: 22.5 cm

Neck: 33 cm

Might throw in some Military Barbell Presses here and there.

Storing my 4th challenge results & review here:

Total Points: 22

Spoiler
4 minutes ago, Aeri-sand said:

CHALLENGE RESULTS

What it looks like:
ExdxG2s.png 

Timely: 90
Productive: 68
Clear: 86
Energized: 100

BOUNTY

Demonic soldier: oily foot massage
Demonic captain: oily hand, wrist and elbow massage

CHALLENGE REVIEW

WEEK 1
Productivity: high
Focus: no-cash proyects

WEEK 2 
Focus: general

WEEK 3 
Productivity:
low 

WEEK 4
Productivity:
average

ALL
Active: early
Flow/real fun: plenty, especially during and after moving out (2nd, 3rd, and 4th week)
Energy: lowest by 3rd week, brain fog on 3rd week, highest by 1st & 2nd weeks
Productivity: sort of constant; most of the challenge 
Focus: almost balanced, improve productivity

SUCCESSFUL AREAS

• Best area was Energy (Workouts), constant, no exceptions
  • Timely (Sleeping schedule)
  • Okayish Clarity (Meditation & Visualization)

Other than the best area, the others were mostly constant, except on 3rd & 4th weeks.

PROBLEM AREAS

• Productivity (Race vs Waste)

Most of the waste was during the 3rd week. However, even when there was no waste (no procrastination), there was not enough value created. 

TO DO:

• Simplification: make dealing with the 3rd week as simple as possible, optimize; same with the Productivity RACE

• Adaptation: optimize my schedule for wise energy management, integrate gradual shifts in intensity to avoid burnout  

• Direction: Clarify & specify vision of success, constant awareness of Purpose, Strategy, & Death 

• Value: Prioritize value creation; make sure to race through the Productivity RACE's secret ops throughout the challenge  

I have switched from Druid to Ranger, due to realizing my actions have turned rangerish. Even though my mindset is surely leaning on the druidistic, it was necessary.

3rd week lifting, numbers

Bench: 20 kg

Deadlift: 90# = 40 kg  

Squat: 20+5*6 = 50 kg

Press: 30# = 14 kg

Used them to build progression percentages for the next weeks.

5th week lifting, numbers ↓

On 7/27/2016 at 10:20 PM, Aeri-sand said:

@~RedStone~ It was a powerlifting meet after all!

My highest 1 RMs (Maxes or whatever they're called):

Bench: 55 lbs (25 kg)

Squat: 155 lbs (70 kg)

Deadlift: 150 lbs (68 kg)

They came out way higher than expected (bench is a turtle, but it's getting somewhere), and finally met the guys and the one other lady who lifts :D  

A couple of friends went to give me moral support, too. 

All, Fun!

52a265ecd28e32cada0af2218bf8e0b5.jpg

Press: 45 lbs (20 kg)

Storing my 5th challenge results & review here:

Total Points: 18

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, Aeri-sand said:

CHALLENGE RESULTS

What it looks like:
DzNLPcj.png

Timely: 82
Productive: 64
Clear: 64
Energized: 100

BOUNTY

Demonic soldier: oily foot massage

CHALLENGE REVIEW

WEEK 1
Focus: physical & social

WEEK 2 

WEEK 3 

WEEK 4

ALL
Active: early-ish
Flow/real fun: plenty, no exceptions
Energy: didn't notice a low week, brain fog on 3rd and some of the 4th week, energy was relatively constant and high most of the time
Productivity: inconstant; no large streaks
Focus: almost balanced, only need to include productivity in the mix

SUCCESSFUL AREAS

• Best area was Energy (Workouts), no exceptions  (WOW, I just noticed it's been two challenges in a row with all "100s" on this area!)
  • Timely (Sleeping Schedule), a few exceptions but nothing serious

The issues were spread out through the challenge, only week specific issue was on the 4th week with a problem area: Clear (Visualize, Remember, Meditate).

PROBLEM AREAS

• Clear (Visualize, Remember, Meditate)
  • Productive (Race vs Waste)

Weekends were alright. Lowest weekly score was on the 4th week, due to no Meditation done.

It's funny how the areas that influence each other the most - have similar scores. Doing all the workouts made sure I followed a good schedule, and vice-versa. And day to day clarity failed to make sure I was super productive.

TO DO:

• Simplification: Test a simpler way to use my tracking system for productivity, and use the morning/night routine elements I used to have active.

• Adaptation: Since I've been going social all over the place and it's interfering with my work... Set some rules

• DirectionTweak the schedule reminders once again, we're only getting closer to something practical. 

• Value: For keeping this awesome lifestyle, Make things work, everything has a HOW. Get started on priorities; JUST DO IT.

HOW I AM DOING IT:  

Simplification: Tools

• Test tracking bricks as representative material units instead of task duration; one medium task equal to x amount of bricks. While still using timed breaks to avoid burnout.
  • Enable the automatic audiobook play for the morning, (not sure about the alarm that can't be shut down), the nightly app block

Adaptation: Rules

• If I haven't finished morning's work, only socialize during breakfast and snack time, for extra time a.k.a. cheating keep it to 5 min
  • If I haven't done any morning's work, stay in the room until something's done.
  • If I've finished having lunch and they haven't or are still having fun, go work and keep the door open for the good times
  • If socializing at night, (make sleep prep reminder different) and make sure to go sleep early.

Direction: Reminders

• Adjust workout times
  • Remove any unnecessary elements
  • Maybe think of alternatives for a busy day out, for either morning or afternoon

Value: Priorities

• Determine priorities outside of work, add a couple spots for work related priorities, remove everything else
  • Make sure to tackle earning more, and reducing expenses
  • Have priorities written down somewhere seriously visible (post-it) + due today