Where to start?

JackAttack

Hey everyone, im very interested in starting the paleo diet, im 330lb and want to change things, i been doing alot of research and found little articles here and there all over, but i cant find a solid place to start what to eat/how much/ plans etc. Is there a book or something that like 99% of paleo dieters have read? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Is all the paleo diet info in the nerd fitness guide?

I just want to know it all for my plan/weight what to eat when and what not to eat etc, im just lost i guess? :P

Thanks!

I am no paleo expert. I just started myself 4 weeks ago. I originally said to myself, "No more grains for the six week challenge." Then I tried to eat a basically paleo lifestyle. I would eat a couple eggs for breakfast and a turkey breakfast sausage. Grilled chicken and almonds for lunch. I've been making a lot of homemade soups for dinner. I have been tracking what I eat but not really count calories. I have felt not full but not starving. I tried not getting too caught up in the numbers stuff because I am a numbers dork. I just eat when I am hungry, don't when I am not. I have learned if my stomach isn't growling, I am just thirsty or bored. Not hungry. I have lost 20lbs so far in 4 weeks. I find paleo easy to follow and I don't feel like I am missing too much. Well except that my fiance is an awesome baker but I am laying off that for a while. Good luck. If I can do it, so can you. I am sure people more experienced than me will chime in with better advice.

PS. Welcome aboard from another Noob!

Check out my woodworking at peonywoodworks.

Wow, congrats on the 20lbs so far, that's amazing! and thank you for replying.

So did you not purchase any books, just found out whats acceptable to eat and basically just went from there?

Do you just do 3 meals a day, breakfast, lunch and supper?

No sugar drinks, just basically water?

Do you think you can give me an example of your most common meals/snacks a day?

Thanks and sorry for the questions, i really wanna commit like you have :)

Thanks.

No books. I read the article on NF. I read Marks Daily Apple a lot! There is a lot of good info there.

Yes I generally eat 3 times a day. If I am more hungry that day, I eat some almonds or an apple.

Well I eat eggs everyday for breakfast. Sometimes two, sometimes three. If I have bacon or turkey sausage then I have two eggs. If I am only having eggs I have three eggs. Lunch is often chicken or a can of tuna with balsamic vinegar and some almonds or an apple. Dinner is usually a homemade soup, (chicken, veggie, beef). I like one pot meals during the week. I also have steak a bit. I haven't had any potatoes or beans either. I have been eating a bit of almonds and apples as snacks. Oh blueberries too. Not too much though. I still drink too much coffee and use half and half. My fiance supporting me has been a big help.

Awesome, thanks for the info, getting me further to starting this awesome diet!

Can someone answer some more questions? How do you know how much to really eat? are you basically just eating to be full for all 3 meals?

I see alot of people have like 2 eggs and some bacon for breakfast, how much bacon, and that really surprised me because i was always told bacon was very bad for you, but most people seem to have bacon with every breakfast meal.

Eat until you are full; as long as you're eating the right stuff, just get that dialed in first. The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf is a good place to start. As much bacon as you like, as long as it's nitrate free and low on sugar/sugar free. Many mornings I'll eat 3 omega-3 enriched eggs with 4-5 slices of bacon. It all depends on how hungry you are. Also, make lots of boiled eggs and buy cheap (low salt, no sugar) deli meat for snacking. If you're not hungry enough to shove an egg in your mouth, you're not really hungry.

hey Jack. I didn't really know. I just ate what I thought was a moderate meal. I figured 2-3 eggs is reasonable along with a little bacon. I also tried changing some of my habits. I stopped eating until I was stuffed. You know when you put food on a plate if its considered too much. I think my cutting out the bad foods, ie processed sweets and grains made a huge difference. I know some people will eat tons of bacon or whatever. I don't. I eat any meat and mix it up but I eat those in moderation. I eat until I'm satisfied. If you eat your serving and still feel hungry just give it 20 minutes. If you're still hungry have a little more. My eating is based around meat and green veggies, onions, peppers, an root vegetables.

Hi I would start with the beginner guide to paleo article on nerd fitness. It gives you the basis. also if you google the whole 30 by whole9 they have a PDF with the rules for 30 days. The A's well if you go to Robb Wolf website read the FAQ.

If you want a book I would adviser the 21 days transformation program by Mark Sisson. Very good for a beginner.

Only one remark regarding starting paleo: EAT a lot of good food, Ignore the quantities. Your body will adapt and tell you when it's enough. Caloric restriction will make you fail because you will be hungry all time.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, im very interested in starting the paleo diet, im 330lb and want to change things, i been doing alot of research and found little articles here and there all over, but i cant find a solid place to start what to eat/how much/ plans etc. Is there a book or something that like 99% of paleo dieters have read? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Is all the paleo diet info in the nerd fitness guide?

I just want to know it all for my plan/weight what to eat when and what not to eat etc, im just lost i guess? :P

Thanks!

Have a look here:

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/top-posts/

Basically it describes things with a big picture and then breaks things down if you keep reading.