Epic Quest of La Katrina

I decided that a spreadsheet was a better format for me than using the levelupyourlife website.

Here's a link to it (viewable Google Spreadsheet)... Maybe I'm collecting underpants a little with the amount of time I've spent organizing it but it's a living malleable thing :)

I'm pretty excited about it, and have started setting up goals, deadlines, rewards and consequences. I'm also looking at things one week at a time. I'm new to the forum style of website but hope to find a good group here to talk to other people who are excited about the book/process too!

Nice! I did a similar thing except the formatting and some extra functions wouldn't work if it was online, it's a huge monstrous file. And pretty much anything can be done with it, only have to set it up once :)

Must be our love for spreadsheets...

Personally, I'm also using the levelupyourlife website and these forums, for accountability. Kind of like a quest tracking pipeline. And I suspect it will get improvements based on community feedback, so would like to be there for it.

Loved Steve's book. Glad to meet someone else who's excited about this process! Looking forward to seeing how you come along your journey.

- - - -

Sent from my capsule using a telepathic squirrel.

Apprentice of Intent .  Lvl X Druidu Bronze IV

Epic Quest | Battle Log | Current Challenge

' Who has the time to stall reaching hus highest potential? Death tells me "I'm a fickle thing, and I see you." ' •Aerisand

I'm trying to figure out how to use this forum/site, and trying to figure out if I should join The Academy. Are the progress bars at the bottom of your post from being part of The Academy?

From what I've seen so far about the forums, there's some types of threads you can make to shout what you're doing to the world; such as this one (your epic quest) and daily battle log. Then there's the 4-week challenges, with next one starting on Feb 29th. Found the Challenge Rules and Guidelines, and the Level 1 Suggested Challenges very useful for getting an idea of how to get started.     

The Academy looks pretty cool, what I understand is instead of having to figure out your fitness quests, you would have clear guidelines, resources and quests you could follow. Depending on what your fitness goals are, you get to choose which quests to focus on. 

The progress bars at the bottom of my post aren't part of The Academy, those can be used by anyone, all you need to do is go edit your signature, and there, you will find a button called Progress Bar (in between Quote and Twitter). Click it, write the name of the color you want for it, and below, the number for the percentage you've accomplished. This is where I found how to get it done: Progress Bars Post.

So, those are basically managed by you. I find them to be a good reminder and another great addition to the accountability system. Plus I really like the look of 'em...  :joyous:

Apprentice of Intent .  Lvl X Druidu Bronze IV

Epic Quest | Battle Log | Current Challenge

' Who has the time to stall reaching hus highest potential? Death tells me "I'm a fickle thing, and I see you." ' •Aerisand

I love your Google Spreadsheet format and may steal it for myself.

Some cool goals! What bow are you using for archery?

Thanks! You are welcome to copy and make it your own :D Please share if you do!

I haven't purchased a bow yet because I want to make sure I'm using it often enough, so the plan is to go 1x week for a month and rent a bow. I tried archery last month for the first time and used a compound and a recurve bow. The compound was easier (it was only 20# instead of 35# on the recurve) but I decided the recurve felt more badass :) 

This is the bow I plan to buy, which my sister-in-law recently received as a gift and I got to try out last weekend! Then I'll purchase carbon fiber arrows at my local shop. My SIL had fiberglass arrows but I messed one up by shooting at the target bag when it had multiple arrows in it and scraping the side of one. Fiberglass arrows are cheap but damage too easily. Then a coworker showed me this map for places to go shooting in Oregon (where I live) so I'll go try some different sites out with weather factors!

• Like 1

Hey @Katrina I finally finished my spreadsheet :P https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ynwB0Zs2zcz-AWzSS-BWBdrqM7ifoh0GK3aVmx_iC4k/edit?usp=sharing

Ooh, I'm pretty sure I have the same recurve bow! I like mine very much. Did you end up getting it?

I've bought arrow making supplies but haven't had time to put them together

• Like 2

Level 1 Adventurer

Quest for Adventure

Took the road less traveled. Now lost.

@pureleeawesome I haven't purchased my bow yet, decided to spend that money on attending Camp Nerd Fitness instead :D:D:D I think I'll buy the bow by the end of the year though, even if it's not until December with my bonus. For now I'll rent the recurve at the local shop.

Beautiful spreadsheet! I've moved from the 4 week challenge to doing things weekly now. I started a blog for it too: www.aweekatatime.com :) I have a few friends in town who are doing their own weekly spreadsheet tracking too!

• Like 2

Love the spreadsheet and section titles!

Following for inspiration.

• Like 1

- Level 1 - Water-bending Elf - Aspiring Druid Adventurer -

STR 1/ DEX 3/ STA 1/ CON 1/ WIS 4/ CHA 1

Spoiler

NFA4 - EQ1 - My Character - My Nerd Thing: A Walk Around The World

Current: #3QiGong & Back to Basics; #3Mini(Assassins); #3Mini(Adventurers)

Previous 2016: PVP:Walk of Life(Mar-Apr16) - #1(Apr/Rebel) - #2(May/Druid) -

"We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one." -- Doctor Who, the 11th