• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Welcome back my sweet doodlies <4

We're ready for a new challenge and we are going to be awesome yet again!

Do you want to be a doodlie? I understand, we are awesome.

If you are on this list, you are free to join us here in the griddle:

This list isn't for the nuthouse doodlies! They have their own thread and their own rules. You can find the nuthouse here.

Aces
Archon
Ash
Def
Doc Viking 
Domirev
Dr Feelgood
Ensi
Epsilon
JC
JMK
Korra
Ninja Kitten
OLOA
Rab
Riverleaf
Sarah Barr
SGFS
Shello
Snarky
Spookyfoot
Terah
Tolsi

This is the link to the pvp score sheet

The pvp rules are explained in the pvp document.

For the questons: Decide as a team 2 statements that are true for each person and not for anyone else. The team leader makes a forum post with all statements by the end of week one at the latest in accountability thread for other teams to guess. 

We stay in touch using Line Chat. If you are a doodlie and want to join us there, please send me a message over line chat, and I will add you to the right groups. My username is terah_nf.

If you want to join the nuthouse doodlies, please contact def.

• Like 6

I am going to continue stalking y'all. #doodlie4life.

But I am going to sit out this PvP (especially with the back injury). I will very seriously toss around joining the PvP at the end of March for next challenge.

• Like 2

But I am going to sit out this PvP (especially with the back injury). I will very seriously toss around joining the PvP at the end of March for next challenge.

I'm sorry to hear about your back :( 

This round you're allowed to design your own strength training program for the pvp. No pressure, off course. But just so you know it is an option to join with injuries :)

Stalk away!

We need another waffle!  I would be willing to trade strength cards with you as I'm sure the rest of the waffles would!  Can you walk or bike?  The other options are freggies and water. 

• Like 1

D'OH. Double post. 

I clearly have no idea what I'm doing. 

anigif_optimized-15699-1453993028-2.gif

This is pretty funny since I just posted something to the completely wrong thread.  I got lost in some string of links...  I have no idea what I'm doing either.  

• Like 5

We could do with one more person joining the PvP. Any former Waffles fancy returning to help shower your team with glory?

I'll Waffle up for this one, but I'll need a hand-holding primer since I'm even more clueless about the PvP than usual. :D

Just tell me what I need to do to beat Scotty. ;)

• Like 5

I'll Waffle up for this one, but I'll need a hand-holding primer since I'm even more clueless about the PvP than usual. :D

YAY! 

For the PvP, you will go in as person #4 for waffle so your cards are the same as Scotty's. Each suit refers to an aspect of fitness, so cardio minutes, cups of water, portions of freggies and strength training. Just make yourself a strength training programme that lasts for around 15 minutes to complete. It can be anything - bodyweight or lifting, a whole body workout or more targeted to a body part or region - whatever you like. But this will be your routine for the purposes of this challenge. 

You have to complete your hand of cards. So for the K ♣, the king represents the number 13 and the clubs refers to portions of freggies. To complete this card, you need to eat 13x5 portions of freggies, so 65 portions of freggies in total (refer to this guide to see what counts). As soon as you have done this, you can tick off this card. The idea is to run through all of the cards in your hand and when you complete your hand, you get bonus points. You can run through your cards again as many times as you like but you must complete your hand entirely before you can start counting stuff for the next hand. Eg, if you have done all of your cardio but are still working on a water goal, any cardio you do before you've finished your water goal cannot be counted towards completing your next hand. The second you finish your last cup of water to complete your hand though, you can start counting it all again. Every person on the team gets to swap a maximum of three cards with another person. Swaps count for each of you involved in the transaction.

At the same time, there is a relay happening. This starts with person 1 (so for Waffles, that will be JC) and he has to complete 5kms walking, running, rucking, treadmill, elliptical (with resistance) or 7.5 kms biking and when he does, he passes the relay on to the next person (Sarah Barr) she then has to complete her 5 kms before it passes to the next person. The time it takes to complete your part of the relay cannot count towards your cardio minutes for a card as well, it has to be distinct. You count as a team how many full rounds of the relay you manage.

Also, there is another aspect where everyone on your team has to submit 2 facts about yourselves that are not true of anyone else on your team and submit them as a team. The other teams have to guess (as a team) who the facts are about and your score as a team is the percentage you guess correctly.

*breathes*... wow that sounds even more confusing. Does this make sense?

• Like 4

Report to JC, he'll hold your hand :)

And get on Line Chat. That is where the real magic happens ;)

• Like 1

Report to JC, he'll hold your hand :)

And get on Line Chat. That is where the real magic happens ;)

wait when did I get voluntold for hand holding?

Also question about the PVP. would it be possible for me to switch suits, but keep the same number for it? for example switch all of my spades for hearts, while keeping the values for each? I ask because as it stands I need to complete close to 8 hours of str workouts and only nearly 4 hours of cardio. I am focusing on cardio this challenge because my wrist still can't support much weight let alone the load of a barbell or even my body weight. 

if I am allowed to do this I will need to do close to 8 hours of cardio and 4 hours of strength which with my current limitations would help me out considerably.

wait when did I get voluntold for hand holding?

Also question about the PVP. would it be possible for me to switch suits, but keep the same number for it? for example switch all of my spades for hearts, while keeping the values for each? I ask because as it stands I need to complete close to 8 hours of str workouts and only nearly 4 hours of cardio. I am focusing on cardio this challenge because my wrist still can't support much weight let alone the load of a barbell or even my body weight. 

if I am allowed to do this I will need to do close to 8 hours of cardio and 4 hours of strength which with my current limitations would help me out considerably.

You can swap any individual card for another person's individual card but you both have to agree to it. If someone with the number of the suit you want is happy to swap with you then go ahead. 

But remember you are setting your own strength challenge and it can just be made up of squats, crunches and wall sits if you need to avoid anything where you have to bear any weight on your wrists. 

You can swap any individual card for another person's individual card but you both have to agree to it. If someone with the number of the suit you want is happy to swap with you then go ahead. 

But remember you are setting your own strength challenge and it can just be made up of squats, crunches and wall sits if you need to avoid anything where you have to bear any weight on your wrists. 

8 hours of lower body workouts on top of running doesn't sound too fun, but I guess I need to find a straw.

• Like 1

*breathes*... wow that sounds even more confusing. Does this make sense?

If it made sense then it wouldn't be the Doodlie way. ;)

Fortunately as an old school Doodlie I comprehend just fine.

For the team relay, does my 5km (10km biking) have to be accomplished all at once, or can it span a couple of sessions?

• Like 3