• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I got off to such a strong start with this challenge that it's been really disappointing how far and how fast I fell away from it. At least I haven't missed any workouts, and my progress with the barbells says I'm still getting stronger. The scale is having a seizure from week to week, though. So is my refrigerator. ;)

Hopefully taking the next couple of months to rebuild my metabolism will help in the long run because my appetite right now is so unstable that I can't seem to get it under control, and then the spiteful side of me thinks that if my metabolism is going to be an a-hole then I'm just going to flood it with whatever I want because screw being disciplined when it's not getting results. That's how I justified a box of red vines, a bag of all-black jellybeans, and two pints of Ben & Jerry's this weekend on top of all my excessive regular eating.

My disposition seems to be recovering in spite of feeling guilty about my lack of food discipline. And even though I'm tipping the scale at 220 again, I'm not anywhere near as fat-tacular as I was last year when I first hit that weight on the way down. So far my new clothes are still (mostly) fitting, so it's not the end of the world.

• Like 3

I got off to such a strong start with this challenge that it's been really disappointing how far and how fast I fell away from it. At least I haven't missed any workouts, and my progress with the barbells says I'm still getting stronger. The scale is having a seizure from week to week, though. So is my refrigerator. ;)

Hopefully taking the next couple of months to rebuild my metabolism will help in the long run because my appetite right now is so unstable that I can't seem to get it under control, and then the spiteful side of me thinks that if my metabolism is going to be an a-hole then I'm just going to flood it with whatever I want because screw being disciplined when it's not getting results. That's how I justified a box of red vines, a bag of all-black jellybeans, and two pints of Ben & Jerry's this weekend on top of all my excessive regular eating.

My disposition seems to be recovering in spite of feeling guilty about my lack of food discipline. And even though I'm tipping the scale at 220 again, I'm not anywhere near as fat-tacular as I was last year when I first hit that weight on the way down. So far my new clothes are still (mostly) fitting, so it's not the end of the world.

It's never too late to stop and turn things around in a healthy direction. That's what I tell myself, after I eat a box of cookies. I blame March and all its Marchiness. But yay for progress in your barbells and workouts! You're still moving forward. :)

Way of Pain for the rest of the challenge for me! No variances until the end of the challenge.

I let one ordered pizza variance turn into a weekend of variances and it's been hard to get back to good choices. No more! Although I just had a snack I didn't need so now I need to adjust my planned dinner to account for it. *sigh*

Sent from Themyscira using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The Guessing Game! 

Each team will submit 2 statements about their team members that are true for one of you and not for anyone else on your team. The other teams will guess which statement belongs to which Doodlie. To make things more interesting we will jumble the statements so they don't appear in the correct pairs. One person from each team should make a post on this forum with the statements on it. 

Consult within your team in private to decide which statements belong to which Doodlie and let your (co)captain submit the answers as a PM to the captain of the team you are answering the questions for. 

Each statement you've got tied to the correct Doodlie will earn you points. Team French Toast is short one member, so two of their members should submit three facts so they have 8 questions overall too. Your team scores 1 point per correctly guessed statement. If you did not submit any facts about yourself you cannot help your team guess who the statements are about.

The answers must be in before Wednesday March 23th. No answers by then? No points for your team. Please submit your questions as soon as possible, but definitely by midnight Sunday. 

• Like 1

Team Pancake Statements.

1. One of us was an extra in a movie

2. One of us once made a cake in the shape of boobs.

3. One of us had two of their exes become gay after the break up

4. One of us started a degree in religious studies and theology

5.  One of us kicked a professional sportsperson.

6. One of us tried to make popcorn as an adolescent, burnt it, dumped it in a river and tried to hide the smell by lighting candles and running around the house

7. One of us got hit by a car in a cemetery

8. One of us once stapled their thumbs together.

• Like 3

Team Waffle Statements.

1. I have lived on three different continents.
2. The sport I was best at in high school was curling.
3. I used to collect Hallmark Christmas ornaments.
4. I was at the fall of the Berlin wall as a baby.
5. Both of my grandmas were named Helen.
6. Favorite music video of all time - Michael Jackson's ʺThrillerʺ
7. My figure-skating long program was set to Paula Abdul's ʺOpposites Attract.ʺ
8. I had a pet trout as a kid. (It was called Sophie and was the result of the one fishing trip my dad took me on before realizing his mistake.)
  • Like 3

I've been brainstorming with def about the new pvp for  next challenge and I would like to hear what you all think.

What I want to achieve with this pvp is to help everyone achieve their own goals. To give you an extra boost to succeed.

Each team will gather attack and defense points. 

At the end of each week we are going to compare these points with the other teams to see who won that week.

For example:

team pancake has 2 attack and 2 defense points

team waffle has 3 attack and 1 defense point

Team pancake attacks with two points, team waffle defenses with 1 point, team pancake beats team waffle

Team waffle attacks with 3 points, team pancake defenses with 2 points, team waffle beats team pancake

Both teams get 1 point for that week.

Now, to gather attack and defense points everyone has to pick a goal (or maybe two goals?) for that week.

To gain attack points your goal has to be food or fitness related

To gain defense points your goal has to be life or mental health related

Each member is free to decide from which categorie they'll pick a goal. You have to score 100% on that goal to gain a point.

Each goal has to be from your personal challenge OR from a pre-determined list we don't have that list yet

My original thought was to see at the end how many matches each team had won to determine the winner. But def had an interesting thought:

Each team gets two (or three?) guilds to protect. Win the battle and you get the guild the other team is defending, lose the battle and you give your guild to the opposing team. 

The team with the most guilds at the end of the challenge wins.

• Like 1

Nerd Fitness fitness Risk sounds so deliciously nerdy.

My idea with the guilds would be to assign defence points to the guilds you hold. The other teams decide which guild they are attempting to steal but they don't know how many defence points the guild has so they don't know how many attack points they need to guarantee victory.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Terah said:

I've been brainstorming with def about the new pvp for  next challenge and I would like to hear what you all think.

What I want to achieve with this pvp is to help everyone achieve their own goals. To give you an extra boost to succeed.

Each team will gather attack and defense points. 

At the end of each week we are going to compare these points with the other teams to see who won that week.

For example:

team pancake has 2 attack and 2 defense points

team waffle has 3 attack and 1 defense point

Team pancake attacks with two points, team waffle defenses with 1 point, team pancake beats team waffle

Team waffle attacks with 3 points, team pancake defenses with 2 points, team waffle beats team pancake

Both teams get 1 point for that week.

Now, to gather attack and defense points everyone has to pick a goal (or maybe two goals?) for that week.

To gain attack points your goal has to be food or fitness related

To gain defense points your goal has to be life or mental health related

Each member is free to decide from which categorie they'll pick a goal. You have to score 100% on that goal to gain a point.

Each goal has to be from your personal challenge OR from a pre-determined list we don't have that list yet

My original thought was to see at the end how many matches each team had won to determine the winner. But def had an interesting thought:

Each team gets two (or three?) guilds to protect. Win the battle and you get the guild the other team is defending, lose the battle and you give your guild to the opposing team. 

The team with the most guilds at the end of the challenge wins.

12 hours ago, deftona said:

Nerd Fitness fitness Risk sounds so deliciously nerdy.

My idea with the guilds would be to assign defence points to the guilds you hold. The other teams decide which guild they are attempting to steal but they don't know how many defence points the guild has so they don't know how many attack points they need to guarantee victory.

ALL of this sounds so good! i vote ayy

• Like 1

Challenge dates

4/3/2016 to 4/30/2016
5/8/2016 to 6/4/2016
6/12/2016 to 7/9/2016
7/17/2016 to 8/13/2016
8/21/2016 to 9/17/2016
9/25/2016 to 10/22/2016
10/30/2016 to 11/26/2016
12/4/2016 to 12/31/2016

• Like 1

Challenge idea sounds awesome. I liked this current pvp, but I let my competitiveness pull me away from my goals for the month.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

The Rowdyruff Boys found this shirt while we were out shopping today.  If they'd had one in my size I'd be wearing it right now. B)

medium.56ef10220c350_Misc012.jpg.6919326

Maybe we need to have an ab-off to see if this is true. 

I don't have a six pack but I do have a two pack. If we're allowed to count boobs.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DrFeelgood said:

Ironically, we all had French toast for breakfast. :D

And Whataburgers for lunch.  Don't judge me.

Not judging, just jealous ;)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, deftona said:

Maybe we need to have an ab-off to see if this is true. 

I don't have a six pack but I do have a two pack. If we're allowed to count boobs.

Shouldn't it be a three pack, or are you wearing an especially constrictive sports bra?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

Shouldn't it be a three pack, or are you wearing an especially constrictive sports bra?

Are you confusing me with this woman?

ByJt03vCUAAonng.png

• Like 2

Just now, deftona said:

Are you confusing me with this woman?

No, but we are counting abs here, and boobs should be in addition to however many you can count in the middle. ;)