• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BlackTezca

BlackTezca's 10th Trial: An Artsy Geeky Amazon Takes on the Grim Darkness of WAR!!!

Nice work chica.      I have had a week full of eyes so itchy I want to tear them out and put them through the dishwasher.   I haven't... but yeah.   Ugh.   This early spring like weather is great in every single way ... except that one.

Continued good work on the challenge front, and yay for the youtube channel being up!   I have such respect for people who can talk to a camera!   :)

• Like 1

Who knew Warhammer featured so many funny memes? Now I know. Keep on rockin' it~

tumblr_nv56px5SJN1rc1wbho1_500.jpg

Warhammer 40k memes are glorious and numerous!

Allergies, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Keep fighting the good fight.

The allergies have unfortunately devolved into an actual illness...*sigh* really hurting my Muay Thai over here...

Man, I gotta say, pixel gifs are just great. I love 'em. I really do.

Also, super stoked to see that the YouTube channel is up! I shall stalk watch as I am able.

Also also: don't get sick. I know, I know, this space between the seasons is when the sickness really comes on strong, but I'm telling you, don't get sick.

You can't kill Guardsmen if you're sick. Just sayin'.

Pixel gifs are awesome!  I'm so happy that one exists!

Hehe please enjoy the channel :D.  We'll doing some more battles soon though sadly not today.  Had a game day scheduled but...yeah...got sick.  Which really...really sucked.  Blah.   Hope to get better soon....

Nice work chica.      I have had a week full of eyes so itchy I want to tear them out and put them through the dishwasher.   I haven't... but yeah.   Ugh.   This early spring like weather is great in every single way ... except that one.

Continued good work on the challenge front, and yay for the youtube channel being up!   I have such respect for people who can talk to a camera!   :)

Talking to the camera is very nerve wracking!  But it was a lot of fun just to make jokes and enjoy the game as well!  Hope other people enjoy it :D.  I'll need to add the channel to my signature!

Day 11 & 12 & 13

im80ex.jpg

Orks - Muay Thai to prepare for WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

Days 11 & 12 & 13 Details:  Welp, I got sick.  Thursday was really hard on me through out the day and yesterday I took the day off.  This morning and through most of the afternoon I still felt pretty weak and only got better about 4 pm, after all the kickboxing and muay thai classes were done.  I guess I could've fought through it, but kickboxing was all kicks (so really heavy HIIT) and Muay Thai was clinching (so close combat and breathing on people...no).  I'm not sure it's fair for me to get a C per say due to this, but definitely points docked.  I could've planned things out a bit better.  B indeed.  I'll try to make it up next week with...four classes maybe?  That could work :D.

Adeptus Soritas - Keep your Faith and Be Mindful. Do not be clouded by fear.

Days 11 & 12 & 13 Details: 10/16 Mindful days complete: Mindful Awareness + Mindful Breathing exercise.  I just finished taking a nice hot bath with some Epsom salts in it.  Chamomile and Lemon.  Focused on the scent and also the heat of the water, taking nice deep breaths to relax and soothe myself.  Tried not to think about the fact I'm sick, and also did a few touch point exercises by scrubbing some of the salt on my skin, feeling the crystals shimmer and melt.  It was very nice and very calming.  Really liked just taking deep breaths and enjoying the lemon scent with the heat.  Much warmer and hoping that it will lead me to feeling even better tomorrow after some sleep.

Tau - Less Drinking For the Greater Good

Days 11 & 12 & 13 Details: 1/2 Drinks. Still not drinking at all!

Harlequins - Everything for the Art

Days 11 & 12 & 13 Details: Finishing the inks tonight!  And I shall start the flats as well, so at least I'm making progress here.

The Inquisition - Pay your Debt to the Emperor

Days 11 & 12 & 13 Details: DONE!!!  DID MY TAXES FINALLY!! WOOO!!!  Refund coming too!  That's gonna be awesome :D.

Tomorrows' Plan: Well, I hope I am recovered from this little bug so I can do a workout tomorrow!  I haven't done ANYTHING for the upper body this week, so I'll do that tomorrow if I am feeling better.  I hate the fact that it seems that my body needs me to get sick to rest.  To be fair, these past weeks have been really busy and jam packed with stuff so perhaps having a long, lazy weekend was for the best...even though I was miserable yesterday and most of today.  Blah.

Tomorrow shall be an upperbody workout and also working on my chibi pic!  If I work on it tomorrow then at least I worked on art 4 times this week, which means an A for me!  I'd like to make all top scares to make up for missing Muay Thai so much this last week.  God that sucked, but perhaps it's what I needed.

Anywho, hope for a better, healthier tomorrow at least!

cfa68a079865bfdeebea9c3837d88d9a.jpg

• Like 2

Geez, I hope you get to feeling better. It seems to be going around to everyone, but I bet it's over soon.

Necrons are broken.

img_7828.jpg?w=604

• Like 3

Boo on sick :(

Kick its butt quickly!

I'm feeling much better today than last Friday that is for sure. Not fully 100% but I think I'm getting pretty close :D.

Geez, I hope you get to feeling better. It seems to be going around to everyone, but I bet it's over soon.

Necrons are broken.

img_7828.jpg?w=604

I think the worst is over thankfully. Just really hate getting sick, which is ironic cause I feel like I'm always getting sick. Blah.

Necrons are broken and so are the Tau. That's why we made a house rule that Tau and Necrons are allowed full glorious cheesiness ONLY AGAINST EACH OTHER. Against anyone else, certain Necron and Tau contingents are banned. Pffffft.

Also that Imperial Guard meme is very true.

0804de3daa7012212f2fa6ef71b5495b.jpg

BT is gonna BT

giphy.gif

I'm gonna strut!

90831-Kramer-pimp-walk-gif-Seinfeld-Xi94

Day 14

03989f3266dc8fa7dbae7e4e5a8d6c4c.jpg

Day 14 Details: Nope.  I did do a kickboxing workout yesterday, but not Muay Thai.  Also gonna do kickboxing at Easton today, but not Muay Thai because I'm still sniffly and unusually warm, and we are still doing Clinches.  I prefer not to get anyone else sick, and clinches is uncomfortably close combat.  So...waiting till the class schedule changes.  Sorry couch Gigi PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!!!

gurusahai-good-by-larson.jpg

Day 14 Details: 10/16 Mindful Days Complete.  Nothing special yesterday but definitely glad I made an effort to be mindful on Saturday.  I really didn't want to let any more points slip due to being sick...though the 4 week challenges seemed to have made me really try and shorten my goals into more manageable bites.

Day 14  Details:  I was at 01/02 drinks for the week. I didn't drink at all over the weekend.  Really happy about that.  I'll consider if I want to drink tomorrow or stave off still.  Good on me for last week!

Day 14 Details: I'll be posting up an WIP tonight of my Chibi picture.  I did work on the flats and I'm almost done with them which means the fun shading part will begin soon!

The Inquisition - Pay your Debt to the Emperor

Day 14 Details: Still completed :D.  Happy to have my taxes done and waiting on my refund!  Yay!

Welp, another week has just passed!  It's now time to move forward and look over my rather...'meh'...

Week 2 Summary!!!

TAIwsao.jpg

Results: Illness struck.  I did do Cardio Kickboxing yesterday to make up for some of my missed time, but I only went to Easton classes once last week.  Ugh that sucked.  Stupid illness.

Week 2 Grade: B

Results: I did five days of mindfulness again last week.  Even made sure to remember it over the weekend while being ill!

Week 2 Grade: A

Tau - Less Drinking for the Greater Good

Results: Drank only ONE drink last week.  At least the illness helped out there.  I didn't even have a hot toddy either!

Results: Kept this up barely.  Managed to keep working on art and I'm itching to move on to the next piece.

The Inquisition- Pay your debt to the Emperor...

Results: DONE!

Completed: Y

All right, so not really meh!  I made it through Week 2 with a rather decent grade of...!!!

fc9.jpg

Week 2 Final Grade: A

Thank goodness I made this challenge a bit of an easier one (as these 4 week challenges have been) cause last week sucked!  Between the San Diego trip which was less restful and more stressful due to personal issues, work being long and stressful, and then getting sick on top of it all...ugh man, that was rough.  Though Muay Thai took a hit (I mean...it had to, I couldn't even function right on Friday and I wasn't gonna risk getting worse or making someone else sick during the clinch), at least I kept up with everything else!

I even completed my taxes finally!  Really glad to get that done and kinda embarrassed I had to make a quest for it, but hey!  At least I had a reminder every day so it worked! WOO!!!!  MORE POINTS FOR ME!!!!

I hope that this week goes well.  Really need to make up my missed time at Easton!  Let's hope I can stay strong!

Todays' Plan: Well I will do the 45 minute kickboxing class today.  Hoping to get my ass back into gear and usually Monday classes are smaller, so hopefully I can have my own space without worrying about other people getting sick.  I'm at about 75% normal and should be closer to 80% later on, which is pretty average.

Today will be a Warhammer 40k game and then perhaps a short lower body routine with stretching.  This is a maybe and it could just be a body weight routine depending.  Or a 10 minute strength routine with a 5 minute warm up and 10 minute cool down (no HIIT).  Not sure.  Also art, will do some more Art so I can get that WIP up.

Here is a tentative schedule for the week:

Monday:  Lunch Walk + Kickboxing + Lower Body Routine (maybe?)  + Stretch

Tuesday: Long Upper Body Routine + Lunch walk

Wednesday: Kickboxing + Muay Thai + Stretching

Thursday: Long Upperbody Routine + Lunch Walk

Friday: Short Lower Body Routine + Muay Thai + Stretching

Saturday: Rest Day/Warhammer 40 k gaming + Yoga (maybe?)

Sunday: Short Upperbody Routine + Cardio Kickboxing Routine + Stretching

Still working through all this for Week 3!

6932649.jpg

• Like 3

Ooh! Soviet iconography! You know what WH40K faction just lurves it some Soviet trappings?

Go on. Guess.

de9043bb48a5922bb4880aef1502aa0e.jpg

But yeah. In all seriousness, balancing illness with training. I've been saying it elsewhere in the Monastery, and I'm going to say it here. Gentle exercise is going to do way more for you to get you better and over this than any kind of high-stress training. I know, I know. You're in that place where the diet and the training are dialled in and it feels like if you change one of those things, it's gonna be horrible. As someone who's had to survive that, I can assure you that this is not true, and the enforced rest actually makes you feel even better once you're well enough to push hard again.

You're doing as great as you always do. And I seriously need to watch the videos. RAH. Okay.

• Like 1

11/16 Mindful Days Complete: Mindful Observation exercises.  Another nice walk today.  Sat on a bench and watched some ducks swim in a little reservoir.  Watched they keep ducking their hands in the water.  Took some deep breaths to relax and just focus on the ducks and nature a bit.  It was rather nice and relaxing (as expected) and I was able to tune out other noises for a little while.  Focused on a bird that flue in and became to tweet and call others.  As the bird flew away and it's song silenced, I took that as my cue to walk back.  On the other side of the bridge was two more ducks in a similar reservoir so it was like a cool mirror image.  Held that thought in my head as I walked to my desk, allowing it to calm me for just a little bit longer before it was back to work time.

• Like 2

Ooh! Soviet iconography! You know what WH40K faction just lurves it some Soviet trappings?

Go on. Guess.

de9043bb48a5922bb4880aef1502aa0e.jpg

But yeah. In all seriousness, balancing illness with training. I've been saying it elsewhere in the Monastery, and I'm going to say it here. Gentle exercise is going to do way more for you to get you better and over this than any kind of high-stress training. I know, I know. You're in that place where the diet and the training are dialled in and it feels like if you change one of those things, it's gonna be horrible. As someone who's had to survive that, I can assure you that this is not true, and the enforced rest actually makes you feel even better once you're well enough to push hard again.

You're doing as great as you always do. And I seriously need to watch the videos. RAH. Okay.

That poor Imperial Guard. They definitely use Soviet Russia Military Tactics.

I am never very good at 'balance' I'm afraid. I just work and work until I keel over :tongue:. Definitely need to get better on gentle exercise. I know that I can jolt my system back to normal after a long rest or illness period, but it's hard to compute that with what I'm used to. I'll do better.

You should watch! We played another game and...and... I lost...terribly...

Real quick!  Some numbers from the (pretty short) leg workout I did yesterday:

Squats @ 30 lb per hand @ 2 * 10

Straight-leg Deadlifts @ 30 lb per hand @ 2 * 10

Reverse Lunges @ 24 lb per hand @ 2 * 10 (5 per leg)

Side Squats + Curtsy Lunges @ 24 lb per hand @ 2 * 10 (5 per leg)

Calf Raises @ 30 lb per hand @ 2 * 10

Ow.  My butt hurts.

Day 15

tumblr_mbmh8kJKyX1qz7t9so1_500.jpg

Day 15 Details: Went to kickboxing yesterday afternoon so I'm bringing myself back!  Planning on doing kickboxing tomorrow morning and Muay Thai tomorrow night to really make up for my lost time!  At least...I hope so!

Day 15 Details: 11/16 Mindful Days Complete. Nice walk yesterday with some peaceful thoughts.

Day 15  Details: No drinks yet!  May have a drink tonight, but maybe not.  Taking a rest day today (instead of Thursday) due to soreness and also uh...sleeping in.  I had taken a Nyquil to help sleep through the sniffles but...yeah...and I'm still a bit drowsy.  Yay...

Day 15 Details: Finished all my flats for my profile image!  In fact here is a lovely WIP of Chibi!Me:

chibi__me_wip_2_by_artisticallystrange-d

Rather large WIP.  Gave myself monkey(ish) ears and a tail.  Hoping to start some shading today!

Todays' Plan: So today will be a rest day since I woke up late and I'm feeling rather sore.  May do a long yoga session after trivia which may help me sleep.  I'll take a bit of a walk and do another mindful observation exercise and once I'm home, I shall work on shading my profile image and relax a bit.  Simple plan for a hopefully simple day.

Here is an updated tentative schedule for the week since I slept in today:

Monday: Lunch Walk + Kickboxing + Lower Body Routine + Stretch

Tuesday: Rest day with Lunch Walk + Yoga

Wednesday: Kickboxing + Muay Thai + Stretching

Thursday: Long Lowerbody Routine + Lunch Walk

Friday: Short Upper Body Routine + Muay Thai + Stretching

Saturday: Rest Day/Warhammer 40 k gaming + Yoga (maybe?)

Sunday: Long Upperbody Routine + Stretching

Till tomorrow everyone :D

fit-hammer-40k-lbs_o_5019529.jpg

• Like 2

I am never very good at 'balance' I'm afraid. I just work and work until I keel over :tongue:. Definitely need to get better on gentle exercise. I know that I can jolt my system back to normal after a long rest or illness period, but it's hard to compute that with what I'm used to. I'll do better.

meh.ro12372.jpg

Hope the day stays simple and you get to be okay. :)

• Like 1

Glad to hear you're bouncing back from the sicks. All of the Warhammer memes (that I don't entirely get...)~ 

Yeah I'm happily feeling a bit more normal.  Though man everyone has been getting sick at work!  Yikes!  Ahah I love Warhammer 40k memes...Once you learn the lore it all makes sense (kinda)!

meh.ro12372.jpg

Hope the day stays simple and you get to be okay. :)

Hehe thanks!  Unfortunately it was a very...very...long day.  Ugh.  But I'm doing all right and now it's time for a mindfulness post and some yoga!

12/16 Mindful Days Complete: Mindful Observation today.  Long day was long.  Walked outside after being inside for about 9 to 10 hours, trying to take deep breaths to calm down.  Noticed the blue skies still at 6pm and also noticed little white flowers with pink trims growing on the trees.  They were blossoming for it was certainly looking and feeling like Spring.  Alittle cooler yet, but that felt nice; the sun on my skin, the crisp breeze, that clear blue sky, and those little lovely flowers.  Taking deep breaths and looking at those flowers, feeling the outside at last.  The done was over...my work was done.

For now at least. 

• Like 5

Day 16

9fa.jpg

Day 16 Details: Nope.  Hope for some Muay Thai tonight.

Day 16 Details: 12/16 Mindful Days Complete. Short exercise, trying to calm myself down after a long day at work which went...okay.  It wasn't bad...until I noticed my check engine light on.  Ugh.  Took my car in for service...blah.

Day 16  Details: No drinks yet.  Didn't go to trivia last night.

Day 16 Details: Nope.  Yesterday was a long ass day.

Todays' Plan: So much like yesterday, I slept in again.  This time for almost an hour.  Slept through my alarm too...ugh...really hate Spring.  Also had to take my car in so hoping for Muay Thai tonight but honestly with how I have been feeling...maybe not.  I don't know.  I'm really stressed out about a few things; work, a bit of family, and now my bloody car.  Combined with still feeling a bit out of whack...ugh...maybe I need to hold off on doing more kickboxing/Muay Thai this week.  Trying to plan things day by day but I'm tired guys.

Sorry for now being a bit more my usual upbeat self.  Here is a tentative schedule which may change again!  Blah :(.

Wednesday: Short Upperbody Routine + Muay Thai + Stretching
Thursday: Long Lowerbody Routine + Lunch Walk
Friday: Muay Thai + Kickboxing + Stretching
Saturday: Rest Day/Warhammer 40 k gaming + Yoga (maybe?)
Sunday: Long Upperbody Routine + Stretching

Hoping for a simpler tomorrow...
more_dakka_by_dabunny1.jpg

• Like 2

Glad to hear you're bouncing back from the sicks. All of the Warhammer memes (that I don't entirely get...)~ 

This!  FEELING BETTER SOON YES?? ^___________^

Get+well+soon_f18437_4167553.jpg

LITERALLY snortlaughed at this ahahahaha oh so terrible but still funnyyyyyy XDDDDDDD

• Like 3

This is the week of all the sleep problems. Because THANK YOU DST. <_< Why can't we just do away with this abomination, seriously........

Hope you're feeling better!

I died at this. Pun not intended. :lol: 

• Like 2

The_980787_5383968.gif

tumblr_m38zqwjBCu1qe91cto3_500.gif

This!  FEELING BETTER SOON YES?? ^___________^

LITERALLY snortlaughed at this ahahahaha oh so terrible but still funnyyyyyy XDDDDDDD

Feeling much better and yes...I also snort laughed...

That last deer image...Everything was so sweet, encouraging, and nice and then we have that poor deer. Reminds me of a very love Raccoon Memorial.

raccoon11n-2-web.jpg

This rightfully belongs here

d28.jpg

I love how good and simple the Emperor is as a best friend. Such a great guy...too bad about the whole 'Eating the Souls of Thousands upon Thousands of Psykers to prevent the warp from ending the universe' Corpse God thing...Also, I love how...NORMAL the Tau is. Sure a bit manipulative, for only for The Greater Good and compared to how BATSHIT CRAZY AND/OR RACIST EVERYONE ELSE...Tau is a pretty nice guy. Definitely why I picked the Tau overall because fuck the Imperium, Craftworlds, Webway, Chaos, Ork nonsense...

So the past two days were...very long and irritating.  I didn't really do anything health or Muay Thai wise Tuesday nor Wednesday because of just not feeling it.  I just didn't feel like going to Muay Thai, I really didn't enjoy how long work was taking to solve anything.  So many meetings, just so annoyed; I was not having it.

So I worked from home yesterday.  Change of pace, change of scenery.  Took a long lunch to enjoy a movie (Zootopia, which was a lot of fun) and just relaxed most of the day, even while working.  Got stuff done related to work too!  Finally, something was going okay.  Yesterday a good day.

...Snowed this morning tho'  so no morning Muay Thai, but I think I can make kickboxing + the Muay Thai class afterwards.  That would be nice :).

Day 17 & 18

69d99293ddce91db973533255048388494e14f71

Day 17 & 18 Details: Was not having it.  Planning Kickboxing + Muay Thai combo today.  Painful, but fun, and should get my two more classes in this week after missing so much!

Day 17 & 18 Details: 13/16 Mindful Days Complete: Mindful Awareness yesterday.  Another bath time relaxation exercise.  Engulfed in nice hot water, taking deep breaths take in the smell of lemon and chamomile to really just relax before bed.  I deserved that bath; just seemed that finally, my week was gonna be okay from yesterday on.  I was able to relax a bit in my hot bath and just enjoy the moments there.  Finally I feel okay.

Day 17 & 18  Details: 01/02 drinks. Beer at Alamo Drafthouse yesterday.  It was a delicious Imperial Java Stout.  Yummy.

Day 17 & 18 Details: Didn't do art Wednesday, but I did start shading yesterday!  Hope to continue that progress tonight!

Todays' Plan: Did an upper body routine yesterday too!  Finally exercised and also did some kickboxing afterwards for fun and further enjoyment.  Feeling a little normal!  Here are some numbers:

Chest Press @ 30 lb per hand @ 2 * 10

Dumbbell Pullover @ 30 lb total  @ 2 * 10

Overhead Press @ 20 lb per hand @ 2 * 10

Bentover Row @ 24 lb per hand @ 2 * 10

Tricep Extension @ 17 lb per hand @ 2 * 10 (10 per arm)

Bicep Curls @ 20 lb per hand @ 2 * 10

Today I shall do kickboxing and hopefully Muay Thai, then go home, clean up a bit and do laundry since it'll be a game day tomorrow, and then do another mindful exercise sometime today before doing some art and enjoying my evening.  Hope to get a lot of stuff done for work today, but so far it's been good.

Hopefully the weekend is good too :).

229.jpg

• Like 1

This is the week of all the sleep problems. Because THANK YOU DST. <_< Why can't we just do away with this abomination, seriously........

Hope you're feeling better!

I died at this. Pun not intended. :lol:

I don't know why we still have DST. I really hate it. I really hated it this week even more. Ugh stupid.

I am feeling better tho'! Yay!

• Like 1

I don't know why we still have DST. I really hate it. I really hated it this week even more. Ugh stupid.

I am feeling better tho'! Yay!

Yay good! I'm glad you're feeling better. ^_^ Sorry about your work troubles, though, ugh. If it's not one thing it's another, amirite?

But yeah, DST. Definitely gets worse the older we get probably because our bodies have a harder and harder time adjusting to the change. You wouldn't think one hour would be such a big deal but nope. Argh. Plus since at my job we deal with UTC time, it's an annoying readjustment of conversion between Mountain time and UTC when trying to schedule things, sigh. I caved and printed myself off a cheat sheet because it's too much mental gymnastics during DST week. ;;;;; The only thing I have going for me is that my body already had to deal with a ridiculous time shift earlier this year, so this by comparison was almost nothing. It was just bad on Sunday when I was struggling to wake up fully for my stage combat class. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;

• Like 1

14/16 Mindful Days Complete: Mindful Awareness; touch exercise.  Just taking a little time today to calm down and get ready for bed...by oddly...focusing on my keyboard and taking deep breaths.  My keyboard is one of those mechanical keyboards; you can hear the sound as you type on each smooth polished keys.  Polished by the oils and pressure of my fingertips, always pressing down on certain keys more than others.  I like the sound.  It's loud and sudden, and yet peaceful when you just hone it on it.  And each smooth, glossy key gives just a little feedback pressure to go with that sound.  Just focusing on the sound as I type this exercise before finally considering going to bed...

Good night everyone.  Sleep well and I shall have a summary tomorrow :).

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 0:15 PM, blkhole24601 said:

Yay good! I'm glad you're feeling better. ^_^ Sorry about your work troubles, though, ugh. If it's not one thing it's another, amirite?

But yeah, DST. Definitely gets worse the older we get probably because our bodies have a harder and harder time adjusting to the change. You wouldn't think one hour would be such a big deal but nope. Argh. Plus since at my job we deal with UTC time, it's an annoying readjustment of conversion between Mountain time and UTC when trying to schedule things, sigh. I caved and printed myself off a cheat sheet because it's too much mental gymnastics during DST week. ;;;;; The only thing I have going for me is that my body already had to deal with a ridiculous time shift earlier this year, so this by comparison was almost nothing. It was just bad on Sunday when I was struggling to wake up fully for my stage combat class. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Yeah it just seems to be like that with life.  As mentioned before, my left oblique has been hurting which makes me reluctant to go to kickboxing or Muay Thai until the pain goes away (maybe by Wednesday my side should be rested up), but work is going by all right.

I definitely think age is impacting me a bit when it comes to adjusting to the time zone.  I think I'm finally use to do it now, but ugh, so annoying for the same reasons you mentioned. 

So this is an interesting new look for the forums huh!  I'm getting used to it and it looks like I no longer have to use bb code anymore!! HURRAY!!

Day 19 & 20 & 21

adea44572b75648aa3afbf0ae585a85a.jpg

Day 19 & 20 & 21 Details:  Did a double whammy of Kickboxing followed by Muay Thai.  So technically, I went to three Easton classes last week!  HUZZAH!!

Day 19 & 20 & 21 Details: 14/16 Mindful Days Complete. Mindful Awareness exercise yesterday!  Kinda last minute and yet oddly was able to sleep shortly after doing it!  Nice :D.

Day 19 & 20 & 21  Details:  I did drink extra over the weekend.  I believe I had 4/2 drinks but I also did 20 push-up burpees to make up for each drink!  So at least I was still holding myself accountable and also my drinking overall is much less than usual!

Day 19 & 20 & 21 Details: So I did start shading my Chibi!Me picture...still not done.  But interesting tidbit which I think counts as art; I did work on painting the faces of my Tau models!  I did that for about 2 hours yesterday (quite a few faces and painting models takes a while!  Wow!).  So I am definitely working my art ability a bit more, which is nice, but sadly nothing to do with my story nor with my digital art painting.  Ah well!

Week 3 Summary!!!

1345213453476.jpg

Results: Man last week was a mess.  But I managed to go to through classes at Easton, even if one day was two classes back to back...it still counts dammit!

Week 3 Grade: A

Results: I made sure to keep up my mindfulness exercises last week.  Despite how annoyed and stressed out I was.  I think I did four days total last week, including yesterday.

Tau - Less Drinking for the Greater Good

Results: I admit, I had four drinks.  But I also did 20 push up burpees; ten for each extra drink.

Results: Again, barely managed this.  Yesterday was not even related to my digital art, but it was definitely a creative art thing, so it counts!  At least I say it counts dammit!  It's really tough to paint such tiny tiny models...

The Inquisition- Pay your debt to the Emperor...

Results: DONE!

Completed: Y

Though last week was really stressful, and I have a bit of a muscle sprain with my oblique, I still focused enough to get through Week 3 with a grade of...!!

segway-rough-riders-imperial-guard-warhammer-40k-segway-roug-demotivational-poster-1255553637.jpg

Week 3 Final Grade: A

...Last week started hard (recovering from sickness), got harder (stressful work day, car needing a lot of work), and then after Thursday, when I stayed at home to work, it got a lot better.

Then I sprained my oblique.  To be honest, it had been hurting for a while, but I had ignored it until the double whammy of kickboxing and Muay Thai got to it...*sighed*.  So I took an extended rest period over the weekend.  I will say that at least challenge wise, I have been able to maintain a good rhythm and routine that not even sickness, nor stress, nor sprain could shake.  Which is awesome.

I at least want my challenges to go well when everything else is difficult.  So there's that.  We have one more week to go and I shall do my best to keep swimming and continue what I have been doing.  I also need to work on setting up my next challenge as well, so I'll take some to do that before Friday.

Todays' Plan: Did a long lower body routine that I'm pretty sure my legs will hate me for.  I will say that I tried my best not to twist my torso so much to avoid exacerbating my left oblique and right now...it's sort of speaking to me, but not very loudly since I'm trying to make sure I sit up straight instead of twisting my legs under me like I usually do.

Today I may do a short walk after work with a mindfulness exercise of Mindful Observation (today is a pretty day) and then I'll come home, relax a bit and do some digital art work on my Chibi!Me as well maybe continue painting my models.  Not sure, may depend on what the hubs is doing (he started painting the models as well).

Here is a tentative schedule for the week:

Monday:  Long Lowerbody Routine + Walk

Tuesday: Long Upper Body Routine + Walk

Wednesday:  Short Lower Body + Muay Thai + Stretching

Thursday: Rest Day

Friday: Walk + Kickboxing + Muay Thai + Stretching

Saturday: Short Upper Body Routine + Cardio Kickboxing Routine (or Muay Thai, depending what I miss) + Stretching

Sunday: Rest Day

Almost done!  Time to finish off Week 4!

65647471.jpg

• Like 3

Aw, you beat me to the guardsmen memes! This must be pretty serious.

I know what you mean about ignoring pain. I really do. I used to do that a lot. I don't do that so much anymore. Not out of going soft but trying to keep my ear to the ground, so to speak, and make sure that I'm doing everything the way I need to do it.

Strangely enough, one of the long term benefits of paying attention is learning to differentiate between different kinds of pain, and learning what to do with one versus the other.

The good news, though, is that the core is a pretty resilient area. If you treat it right and treat it well, it will respond quickly. You should have your functions back pretty soon.

Hang in there! One more week!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kishi said:

Aw, you beat me to the guardsmen memes! This must be pretty serious.

I know what you mean about ignoring pain. I really do. I used to do that a lot. I don't do that so much anymore. Not out of going soft but trying to keep my ear to the ground, so to speak, and make sure that I'm doing everything the way I need to do it.

Strangely enough, one of the long term benefits of paying attention is learning to differentiate between different kinds of pain, and learning what to do with one versus the other.

The good news, though, is that the core is a pretty resilient area. If you treat it right and treat it well, it will respond quickly. You should have your functions back pretty soon.

Hang in there! One more week!

LOL Yes I did!  The world is ending.

Yeah I need stop ignoring pain and just rest when I need to and avoid making it worse; I am glad that my core is resilient and I should be back to kicking ass hopefully!  In fact while yesterday it seemed rather upset with me, today it is oddly quiet and calm...I like that.

WOO!! One more week!  Ugh which means planning out the next challenge!  Need to get right on that I think!

Day 22

Warp Spider. From Dawn of War 2..

Day 22 Details:  Not yesterday; took an extra day after my leg routine to let my core heal.  Depending on weather I'll go to Muay Thai or Kickboxing either tomorrow or Thursday.  I will definitely going Friday as well!  Maybe twice if I can :D.

Day 22 Details: 15/16 Mindful Days Complete. Mindful Awareness kind of day again.  Actually had a few minor touch point moments: gripping my dumbbells and taking deep breaths while trying to push through a tough upper body move and right; listening to some music to tone out everything else and sipping some delicious tea.  Focused on squeezing out some golden honey and enjoyed the smell and the amber color of yumminess into my yummy and warm peach tea.  The same warmth I am enjoying wrapping my hands around as I sip.  Deep breaths, taking in the smell and warmth.  Whenever I need a few minutes just to myself...I make some lovely, hot, tea :D.

nsmith_tea-gif.gif

Mmmm tea....

Day 22  Details:  No drinks yet.  Maybe grab something at Trivia...or not.  I'll fight the urge since I'll be grabbing a drink with a friend of mine Thursday.

Day 22 Details: I'm almost done with Chibi!Me; just need to finish up highlighting and extra bit of shading work.  I also did more model painting and the hubs will post a video after doing more painting on his models and we have a bit more content.  So that'll be fun to show even though my models are meh still.  So many black pants to paint on white models..so many...

Todays' Plan: Did an upper body workout today that was long...and it hurt quite a bit.  Quite a few arm exercises in this one!  Here are some numbers:
Chest Fly @ 30 lb per hand @ 2 * 8
Reverse Fly @ 12 lb per hand @ 2 * 8
Bicep Curls @ 14 lb per hand @ 2 * 8
Overhead Tricep Extension @ 20 lb per hand @ 2 * 8
Lateral Raise @ 12 lb per hand @ 2 * 8
Bent Over Rear Raise @ 12 lb per hand @ 2 * 8
Ventral Raise @ 12 lb per hand @ 2 * 8
Pull Over Plus a Narrow Press @ 30 lb total @ 2 * 8
Row Plus Rotation and Extension @ 14 lb per hand @ 2 * 8 (8 per side)
Roundabout Push Up @ 2 * 8
Lateral Raise and Cross @ 4 lb per hand @ 2 * 8
Bent Over Shrug @ 24 lb per hand @ 2 * 8
Rotating Curl @ 14 lb per hand @ 2 * 8
Skull Crusher @ 14 lb per hand @ 2 * 8

Yeah rather long.  Anywho, did my Mindfulness Exercise and all I need to do after work now is finish my Chibi!Me image and not drink during Trivia! W00t!  Also planning on working on setting up my next challenge with goals, grading, etc so I can do a simple copy and paste next time.  Granted we have a few days before this challenges end but I like not having to scramble so much just before challenge so definitely seem some posts on the Battle Log for it.

That's all for today folks!  Till next time :D.

5b3.gif

Come at me Imperial Guard Bro!

5b3.gif

Aw, yeah, you just sit there and keep on talking... and...

giphy.gif

Mmm. Love the smell of heavy firepower in the morning. #JustAGuardThing #ForTheEmperor

I've also heard that we have a 'zero week' coming up, so we'll be able to catch up and breathe a bit. That'll be useful.

So much arm work! Dang. I bet you get that all done super quick, though.

• Like 1