Jedi's Epic Lightsaber Journey

TheGreyJedi-Ranger

Aria was a pretty huge success last go round! So she's making a reappearance this time, though not in this initial post. She'll be meeting her master on Monday, which is a pretty big deal. Aria's mysterious master is only sending her a basic writeup of what they'll be doing on the ship her master is bringing. 

So. In regards to me. This last challenge was a rather good one for me in some ways, a not so great one in others. I'm getting good at handling life fairly well, but the food issues are a struggle. I think this post is a good one to go through and detail some goals and ideas I've had.

If you're not interested, just skip to the bit where my actual challenge goals are detailed. 

First of all, I'm taking a break from lifting this summer. It's really not feasible for me. I won't have access to the school gym, and I really don't want to afford that or another gym since I can finagle other workouts in at other points and also I'm hopefully going to be spending my money on something else this summer. Hopefully. I'll be focusing on bodyweight(upper body) and running instead, and prep for the last Quidditch season I can try out for.

Secondly, I'm going to be babying myself with food. Start small, make small changes. My biggest issue at this point is binge eating and I'm trying to break that habit as carefully as possible. I can't mess this up, it always sets me back. If I can get rid of that problem, I'll probably see some fairly decent progress. And honestly, even as I am I tend to feel good about myself until I do something like that. I'm beyond ready to kick that habit. 

I'm going to hold on to strength building and flexibility for the moment, those are important. Also working with my cardiovasculars to no longer hate me. Slow and steady wins the race. Well, actually, slow and steady keeps me from passing out on the pavement due to lack of oxygen but who's counting??

Well alright, now to the good stuff.

Goal 1- Better Food Choices Every Day

I'm taking a note from my lovely friend Shadri and just trying to make one good choice per day. And not something easy like "eat a veggie," I'm thinking like "I stopped myself from getting those extra goldfish" or "I really wanted that cake but didn't eat it." A hard good choice. Just one each day. 

1 good choice most days- A +3WIS

1 good choice a few days each week- C +2WIS

Rare good choices- F

Goal 2- Flexibility 

I am going to get up at 7am 3 days a week, and 8am on 3 other days, with Saturdays for usual sleeping in. I will stretch and do some yoga for flexibility and strength 6 days each week. This will happen. Will. 

6 days most weeks- A +3DEX +2CHA

Less than 6 days most weeks- C +1.5DEX +1CHA

Rare flexibility training- F

Goal 3- Working Out

4 days each week need a workout. Either gym, some Blogilates video stuff, or a run. Just do the thing.

4 workouts most weeks- A +2STR +2STA

2 workouts most weeks- C +1STR +1STA

Very few workouts- F

Goal 4- 30 Minutes of free coding per week

The more I can get done for my portfolio the better!

30 minutes/ week- A +3CHA

30 mins  most weeks - C +2CHA

Rare coding- F

Well, that's this Jedi challenge this go round. Who likes my new screen name???

May the Force be with you!

• Like 7

Grey Jedi Ranger

It's Just Logical - Jedi Studies Under Eraserhead

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49

I think your goals sound really good. Slow and steady indeed wins the race. :)

I need to start working on flexibility too... do you have any specific resources you use?

My sister showed me a few things she does was my initial flexibility training. She's been a gymnast for around 9 years so I figured that just this once, she might know what she's doing xD

What I started with is a basic routine that has helped a lot with her stuff and a few yoga poses. I'd start with a foreward fold, then do the butterfly stretch, then some weird lunge thing that starts looking like this and then you essentially reverse it with your front leg out foreward(goal is straight leg, elbows on floor, face on knee), and she taught  me a modified bridge where you essentially bridge from the knee over to a wall (Like this on knees rather than feet).

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49

Secondly, I'm going to be babying myself with food. Start small, make small changes. My biggest issue at this point is binge eating and I'm trying to break that habit as carefully as possible. I can't mess this up, it always sets me back. If I can get rid of that problem, I'll probably see some fairly decent progress. And honestly, even as I am I tend to feel good about myself until I do something like that. I'm beyond ready to kick that habit.

This has never worked with me. I'm very much an all-or-nothing situation when it comes to food.

This has never worked with me. I'm very much an all-or-nothing situation when it comes to food.

I've tried all or nothing, I'm awful at it :/

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

I've tried all or nothing, I'm awful at it :/

Well I end up doing a whole 30 and then when I start making 'exceptions' for shit, I slide backwards.  Then a month later, I'm shoveling cake in my face and hating myself.  So trying a 'little' has never worked for me.  I wish you the best of luck though.  Props.

• Like 2

Also digging the new name, Jedi :). I sucked balls at following last time so I'm gonna see if Deadpool can help me with that this go round!

CTKaW18WcAA9MK-.jpg

Wolf & Deadpool

• Like 5

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

This belongs here too:

deadpool_jedi_by_lego_07-d37m5sn.jpg

Wolf & Deadpool

• Like 3

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I may actually steal most of your current goals for my next challenge, as I have pretty similar ones anyway, haha. If you don't mind that is.

Go for it! Enjoy :)

Also digging the new name, Jedi :). I sucked balls at following last time so I'm gonna see if Deadpool can help me with that this go round!

CTKaW18WcAA9MK-.jpg

Wolf & Deadpool

This belongs here too:

deadpool_jedi_by_lego_07-d37m5sn.jpg

Wolf & Deadpool

These are beautiful

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

I like your goals, and think it is good to start with those stretches that your sister showed you. I'm also better at setting a limit on food/snacks, but found that eating more good fats via Banting (South African version of Paleo +-), has really helped me to cut out snacks.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

I like your goals, and think it is good to start with those stretches that your sister showed you. I'm also better at setting a limit on food/snacks, but found that eating more good fats via Banting (South African version of Paleo +-), has really helped me to cut out snacks.

My problem isn't snacking so much as just eating when I'm upset or, oddly enough, reading a book. I'm figuring out something else to do while I read though, knitting has been useful

Sent from my phone so please excuse the autocorrect errors

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

My problem isn't snacking so much as just eating when I'm upset or, oddly enough, reading a book. I'm figuring out something else to do while I read though, knitting has been useful

Sent from my phone so please excuse the autocorrect errors

I replaced upset-eating with coffee! Only recently realised it after some trying times and I ran out of coffee too quickly! That is difficult to change. Glad the knitting helps.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

And now the moment I've been waiting to share with you guys since Aria's story became a thing.

Aria arrived to the coordinates stored in the message significantly earlier than the time mentioned. She didn't want to miss the moment when her master arrived! After all of these months, she would finally get to meet the woman who took her in. 

The time came and went. Still Aria stood quietly, senses expanded to the utmost. It wouldn't do for her master to think she hadn't learned patience over these months. She looked up, then back at the small port that was waiting more patiently than she.

After a few moments, she shifted slightly. Suddenly, a ship appeared out of nowhere.

"How did I not sense that?" she whispered to herself. She was not answered.

However, Aria could finally feel the beings in the ship. Two female Force sensitives and a male who was not. Her senses were not quite attuned enough to be able to tell whether they were human or not. 

Suddenly, the door opened, creating an incline for a hooded woman to walk down. She walked until she was barely three feet from Aria's wide eyes, then threw her hood off, revealing her face finally.

The woman had brown hair streaked with grey, warm brown eyes, and a few light laugh lines beginning to find their way around her mouth to contrast with the worry etched into her forehead. 

"President Solo??" Aria asked, confused. 

"Ex-President, if you'll remember," the woman said, smiling, "Luckily for me. I'm your master, Leia Solo, here at request of my brother, who, he insists, has had far too many Padawan learners while I haven't had any."

"It's nice to meet you, Master Solo," Aria said mechanically, trying to master her shock. One of the most powerful women in the galaxy was her mentor?? The sister of the Grand Master of the Jedi Order?

"Leia or nothing, please," she said, "Master Solo sounds like Threepio. Well come on to the ship. We need to get going. It's going to take us a month to prepare and travel." Aria nodded, smiling.

"Yes, ma'am." 

She followed Master Solo (Leia??) on the ship. She stopped when she saw an older man with greying brown hair carrying a young girl with grey eyes and black hair that didn't look quite right on her.

"You're Aria, then?" the man asked.

"Yes, sir," she said diffidently. 

"Knew your father in the Civil war. Good guy, even if I wasn't so sure about all the Jedi business then. Seems like now I've got myself into Jedi business up to my eyebrows!" Aria giggled slightly. The man smiled, somehow knowing without the Force that she was calmer. "I'm Han," he said. 

"And, as far as you know in most situations, this is Amelia," Leia said. 

"Most situations?" Aria asked.

"Yes," Leia replied, "Han and I talked about it on our way over. As my Padawan, you're something like family. In fact, at the beginning, it was mostly family. My brother trained me and my sons as well as his own and my sister in law trained my daughter."

"To be fair," Aria interrupted, "Your brother is the Grand Master of all the Jedi, and has technically had a hand in the training of all Jedi."

"True," Leia replied with an abrupt grin that had something hard at the edges, "But this little girl is actually my granddaughter, Allana Solo, Chume'Da of the Hapans."

"But," Aria stopped, "She was reported to have died! Several years ago! And Solo??"

"My oldest son," Leia stopped, her face filled with pain. Understandable, since her son had become a Sith lord, temporarily ruling the galaxy through the leftover Imperials. "And we are hiding Allana. Too many people would want her if they knew she lived." Aria nodded, understanding, telling her master through the nod that the secret was safe with her. "Right," Leia began, "It's time to get started"....

So you guys were probably expecting that. I'll do short reports in daily when I can, but these are going to come around twice a week, more if I can manage. Enjoy the first serious bit of Aria's Story! 

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Love the story

Thanks! It's a bit of a FanFic in memory of the thousands of lost characters that happened when the Sith Lord Disney sent out it's own personal Death Star and destroyed an entire timeline

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Hopping on board to enjoy the story, support our favorite Grey Jedi, and voice my fervor for the name change!

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Hopping on board to enjoy the story, support our favorite Grey Jedi, and voice my fervor for the name change!

Thanks! I'm super pleased with it :) Story and name change!

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log