Sylvaa

I look like a baby elephant (this one:)

Baby elephants look adorable.

Sylvaa looks like a baby elephant.

Sylvaa looks adorable.

You can't argue with logic.

• Like 6

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Yesterday was a rest day (on Thursdays, we rest).

It turned out to be a pretty crappy evening. My plane was delayed due to weather, so I didn't leave Boston until 10. Which gets me home about 2 am. I am still tired and have to take the kids to the dentist. I may fall asleep while having my teeth cleaned. I also was supposed to grab flank steak last night for this crock pot Asian inspired dish, but I was so tired I still haven't gotten it yet......

1889 Calories, 157.1 C / 131.5 P / 76.6 F - this was from yesterday.

Your protein intake inspires me! How do you do it?

sent from my tiny particle accelerator

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."

Your protein intake inspires me! How do you do it?

Practice!

Actually, protein has been a very real struggle for me and it's something that I work very hard on. 

Yesterday for example:

B'More Smoothie (Vanilla) - I had the whole thing which has 40G

Roasted Turkey Breast (from Wegman's) - i get a family size (16oz) container and split it up for 3 days lunch (I put in 5.3 oz daily) ~26.5G

Kale & Brussel Sprout chopped salad (from Wegman's) - same idea 12 oz package for 3 lunches ~5g

I also have a Quest bar (Cookies & Cream) that I eat on my drive home 21G

I had Peanut Butter for a snack 7G

Then dinner was pepperoni pizza. 

• Like 2

Practice!

Actually, protein has been a very real struggle for me and it's something that I work very hard on.

Yesterday for example:

B'More Smoothie (Vanilla) - I had the whole thing which has 40G

Roasted Turkey Breast (from Wegman's) - i get a family size (16oz) container and split it up for 3 days lunch (I put in 5.3 oz daily) ~26.5G

Kale & Brussel Sprout chopped salad (from Wegman's) - same idea 12 oz package for 3 lunches ~5g

I also have a Quest bar (Cookies & Cream) that I eat on my drive home 21G

I had Peanut Butter for a snack 7G

Then dinner was pepperoni pizza.

Huh. That doesn't seem like allot of food when you list it out! But then I remembered the whey protein. Right. Lots of concentrated protein with little bulk.

• Like 2

Huh. That doesn't seem like allot of food when you list it out! But then I remembered the whey protein. Right. Lots of concentrated protein with little bulk.

Compared to what others eat, it isn't that much food! I was putting protein powder in Greek yogurt, but it was so thick and filling it wasn't working well for me. 

I focus on hitting my protein goals first and then go from there. I also tend to eat a higher carb dinner, so try to limit through the day (and also why I am trying the backloading). 

I'm concerned about eating enough / getting enough protein if I change my eating habits. It feels like it would be a lot of food in a short amount of time. We will see.

• Like 2

The baby elephant is killing me. So I one time thought it would be a great idea to wear a crappy prom dress in a Warrior Dash. Do you have any idea how heavy a pink satin dress is when soaked in mud. I looked exactly like that baby elephant. Exactly. So happy there isn't video of that. Ack.

• Like 5

Walk to Rivendell 

29%
29%

458 miles. 

Walk to freaking Mordor

6%
6%

1779 miles in one year.

Weight

50%
50%

Start 181, Current  175, Goal is 165

2016 Road Map â€¢ Current Challenge â€¢ Epic Quest character

"Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

The baby elephant is killing me. So I one time thought it would be a great idea to wear a crappy prom dress in a Warrior Dash. Do you have any idea how heavy a pink satin dress is when soaked in mud. I looked exactly like that baby elephant. Exactly. So happy there isn't video of that. Ack.

That doesn't sound fun. Glad I'm not the only one that looks like a baby elephant at mud runs!

This was a good weekend. Hit the gym Friday night for some heart rate training, Saturday for my normal workout, and then ran today. So I hit all my workouts for the week.

I also already have laundry done at the house! Usually, I've just started the last load at this point, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Ate paleo yesterday for our Doodlie challenge and I'd like to say that I do not like it. I eat pretty healthy anyway, I just don't really see the point in such restriction. Today I had a cinnamon roll - it's all about balance. 

Some motivation for week 2!

inspirational-quotes-fitness-poster.gif

tumblr_nk0q3p3wPI1tdgyr4o1_500.jpg

Commitment-Inspirational-Fitness-Quote-I

• Like 9

Paleo's not for everyone, glad you have something that works for you.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I love your motivational pics!

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Those motivational pics are great! Good stuff to keep in mind.

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I love your motivational pics!

Those motivational pics are great! Good stuff to keep in mind.

Thanks! I enjoy keeping motivation going!

Looks like you finished the week strong!  Keep up the good work!

My weeks are pretty boring imo. I pretty much have a pattern down that works for me without burning me out. I think in upcoming challenges I will actually start adding things to challenge myself, but I've been using the first bit of the year to reestablish a pattern that got all kinds of messed up over the end of last year.

I've also got to start working on increasing my running mileage (my first race will be here soon!) so that'll be a priority.

Yesterday was a strength day and way pretty boring. I'm glad my trainer has me set up for 6-week programs so that I don't do the same thing all the time (I've definitely got some exercise ADD). This is week 4, so I am over halfway through it. Not sure where I'm going to go with this next. I'm feeling some frustration over just not feeling like I am progressing the way I want - although part of that is just wanting to do all of the things.

I might be designing my own plan for the next challenge.

• Like 4

Hey, there's nothing wrong with getting the foundations firmly established before really pushing yourself.  This is the first challenge of the year that I feel I pushed myself at all, and it's still super super small baby steps.  You do what you need to do!

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Today is full of good news!

Got confirmation yesterday that my Management & Leadership class is completed!

Ran 5.25 miles in 62 minutes (I order my dinner while working out so that I can eat as soon as I am done - it got there a few minutes early)!

We'll be able to move back home either the first or second week of April!

So Tank now has me wanting to try a Warrior Dash (I totally want the helmet!). Probably adding one of those to my schedule for the summer. If anyone is interested in one of these in the Northeast-ish area, then I'm all about it. 

Working on a new personal plan for myself - I enjoy doing things like this. Also, food is going. I really need to address this long-term, but I've really been waiting until we get back home before I do too much. 

• Like 9

Squeeeeeee, awesome news :D

Congrats on that run!!

I second the notions about the motivational posts earlier. Especially the last on spoke to me :)

Oh, I also wanted to thank you again for the info on deep squats. I think widening the stance helped a lot, I'm not fully ATG, but a lot deeper (and feeling a lot better during) than before. I catch myself thinking of all your little pointers now :)

• Like 1

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I was so close to being interested in that Warrior Dash, but my fear of heights and those obstacles do not compute! It looks really cool though.

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Squeeeeeee, awesome news :D

Congrats on that run!!

I second the notions about the motivational posts earlier. Especially the last on spoke to me :)

Oh, I also wanted to thank you again for the info on deep squats. I think widening the stance helped a lot, I'm not fully ATG, but a lot deeper (and feeling a lot better during) than before. I catch myself thinking of all your little pointers now :)

Glad the info helped and especially glad you are feeling better through them!

I scan through motivational posts and pick ones that I really like. Sometimes they remind me of things I've read in other threads. Sometimes, I'm just a little psychic (not really, but it fits). I personally liked the one about the lipstick and was hoping one of the guys following my thread would comment. I'm a little upset that that wasn't the case (side note: I don't wear make-up at all, so it's more of a chapstick thing here).

Next week, with daylight savings time, I should be able to start running outside on Tuesdays. I am really looking forward to the fresh air!

Ugh I'm doing a boring old 5k the day of the Maryland WD. Bastards. I want a fuzzy helmet! The website is being a pain for me right now so I'll check it out later and possibly make terrible decisions.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

tumblr_nk0q3p3wPI1tdgyr4o1_500.jpg

This one speaks to me on so many levels.  I pinned it so I could use it later.  Thank you.  

And catching up on your thread-- congratulations on so many awesome things happening today.  Great kinds of news.  

• Like 1