The One Where Sylvaa Refuses to leave the Adventurers

Sylvaa

Ugh I'm doing a boring old 5k the day of the Maryland WD. Bastards. I want a fuzzy helmet! The website is being a pain for me right now so I'll check it out later and possibly make terrible decisions.

Please make terrible decisions!

FWIW, I have a car and will roadtrip! I am seriously hoping you catch the OCR bug and we can do all kinds of races and be awesome!

• Like 1

I have a fear of heights too, and there was nothing on the course that I couldn't do.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Please make terrible decisions!

FWIW, I have a car and will roadtrip! I am seriously hoping you catch the OCR bug and we can do all kinds of races and be awesome!

I just went back and checked. The website basically refuses to load on my computer for some reason. Maybe it will like me better in a day or two.

I am not opposed to catching this bug. At least on principle. My bank account may be, but that can be dealt with.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Today is full of good news!

Got confirmation yesterday that my Management & Leadership class is completed!

Ran 5.25 miles in 62 minutes (I order my dinner while working out so that I can eat as soon as I am done - it got there a few minutes early)!

We'll be able to move back home either the first or second week of April!

So Tank now has me wanting to try a Warrior Dash (I totally want the helmet!). Probably adding one of those to my schedule for the summer. If anyone is interested in one of these in the Northeast-ish area, then I'm all about it. 

Working on a new personal plan for myself - I enjoy doing things like this. Also, food is going. I really need to address this long-term, but I've really been waiting until we get back home before I do too much. 

Wow, you totally rocked Wednesday! That's so awesome! :D

• Like 1

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

I look forward to hearing about the Warrior Dash.  Someday maybe I'll be fit enough to try something like that!

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

I look forward to hearing about the Warrior Dash.  Someday maybe I'll be fit enough to try something like that!

Warrior dash is designed to be very entry-level friendly. Seriously, if you can walk you can do warrior dash.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I may try to find a rock climbing wall and see how bad my fear of heights is... I actually LOVE climbing things, but then I climb to the top and get scared and have trouble getting down.

So basically I'm like a cat that gets stuck in trees.

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I just went back and checked. The website basically refuses to load on my computer for some reason. Maybe it will like me better in a day or two.

I am not opposed to catching this bug. At least on principle. My bank account may be, but that can be dealt with.

Also, if you volunteer for races, a lot of times you can either race that day for free or get a free future race. So there is that.

Honestly, I wasn't fit enough for my first Spartan. To be truthful, I'm not sure I'm ready for my Beast in May. But who cares? People come and do this in all shapes and sizes! Oramac (he's a monk) had a story from his last Tough Mudder about a significantly overweight guy running it. I'll try to find the post, but it was super inspiring. People helped the guy do it and were supportive and friendly.

Here's the truth. Yeah, it's impressive to see these people run these courses faster than I could even think about. It's crazy that people can do burpee free Spartans (*cough EricMN cough*) and all that. But what's really impressive is those people that get out there and do it even if they aren't the "typical" shape. Knowing that there are people out there running these races with 25+ lbs over me and doing it better? Those people are my heroes.

I may try to find a rock climbing wall and see how bad my fear of heights is... I actually LOVE climbing things, but then I climb to the top and get scared and have trouble getting down.

So basically I'm like a cat that gets stuck in trees.

You could always come down and do the Spartan with us! Or come down for the Warrior Dash and peer pressure Flea into doing all the things the same day.  :mushroom:  It seems like if you can get 15 - 20 feet off the ground and then get back down, you'd probably be okay. 

Although, if they can get some cute firefighters to help you off of an obstacle if you get stuck, I'm not seeing an issue.

funny-pictures-time-to-burn-my-house-dow

I feel like it's too soon for me to even post this in my own thread. LoL!

• Like 4

You could always come down and do the Spartan with us! Or come down for the Warrior Dash and peer pressure Flea into doing all the things the same day.  :mushroom:  It seems like if you can get 15 - 20 feet off the ground and then get back down, you'd probably be okay. 

Although, if they can get some cute firefighters to help you off of an obstacle if you get stuck, I'm not seeing an issue.

funny-pictures-time-to-burn-my-house-dow

I feel like it's too soon for me to even post this in my own thread. LoL!

I've gotten stuck on 5 foot high children's jungle gyms, sooooo...

• Like 1

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

I've gotten stuck on 5 foot high children's jungle gyms, sooooo...

I feel you.  Just want to chime in that I've done obstacle races before and the obstacles were pretty optional.  Some of them had different difficulty levels and/or had people totally biff it and keep going (i.e. just jumping in the water instead of trying to leap from platform to platform), and plenty of people just skipped obstacles altogether (I skipped the wall climb and maybe another because the line was pretty backed up).  I've never done either, but Warrior Dash and Tough Mudder both say it's fine to skip obstacles in their FAQs and if they're anything like races I've seen, you aren't going to be the only weirdo skipping something.  And even if anyone were paying attention to you, which they're not really because everyone's just focusing on themselves and their race, it's a very convivial environment.

• Like 2

Mekong, level 11 Cherek Adventurer STR 37|DEX 27|STA 35|CON 32|WIS 35|CHA 27

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Current Challenge

WD website still hates me. The NY one is a week after my 5k, which I don't even know if I'll be running anymore. There's one in Ohio the week before our Sprint, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. (Or how far a drive it actually is, because that could suck.) I feel like I am perpertually saying "I'll let you know" but uh, yeah.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

WD website still hates me. The NY one is a week after my 5k, which I don't even know if I'll be running anymore. There's one in Ohio the week before our Sprint, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. (Or how far a drive it actually is, because that could suck.) I feel like I am perpertually saying "I'll let you know" but uh, yeah.

That one in Ohio is only about 5 hours from me. It's not horrible, but it is outside of Cleveland, which is pretty close to the same thing.

• Like 1

I'm alive!

Just - super busy this week between having a big presentation to prepare this week / next (which includes updating tracking) and my Accounting exam on Friday evening. 

1. Paid for my Spartan Super today, which means I am officially actually signed up for my trifecta (which means I can't not do it).

2. This week is my pvp against therealkat, who is like super awesome - but is also going down! This means I will be adding on daily dares and yoga to my normal routine. 

3. Surviving a trip to Ikea for bedroom furniture for the kids. This is not only going to take up most of my Saturday, but is also going to be an exercise in dealing with my in-laws and the potential of eating out.

#Motivation Monday

c8fe350ab22a0f217227ce3ce8dd8e90.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

103864335126172855_LkXf57wX_c_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Ooh, I love the glowstick one. 

Good luck at ikea! 

I'm alive!

Just - super busy this week between having a big presentation to prepare this week / next (which includes updating tracking) and my Accounting exam on Friday evening.

1. Paid for my Spartan Super today, which means I am officially actually signed up for my trifecta (which means I can't not do it).

2. This week is my pvp against therealkat, who is like super awesome - but is also going down! This means I will be adding on daily dares and yoga to my normal routine.

3. Surviving a trip to Ikea for bedroom furniture for the kids. This is not only going to take up most of my Saturday, but is also going to be an exercise in dealing with my in-laws and the potential of eating out.

#Motivation Monday

c8fe350ab22a0f217227ce3ce8dd8e90.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

103864335126172855_LkXf57wX_c_thumb.jpg

Ikea is like an adult playground. Havefun there!

Enjoy your spartan aswell :)

• Like 1

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

Ate paleo yesterday for our Doodlie challenge and I'd like to say that I do not like it. I eat pretty healthy anyway, I just don't really see the point in such restriction. Today I had a cinnamon roll - it's all about balance.

This is very much how I feel about Paleo.

I also feel that cutting out pulses and grains is unnecessary because there's nothing wrong with them.

• Like 1

Ikea is like an adult playground. Havefun there!

Enjoy your spartan aswell :)

I actually don't really like Ikea. I mean, I enjoy the set up and I like their stuff. It is just so crowded and kind of unorganized (at least where I am). For example, when we went for the closet system pieces, we had to bring up the website in the store and write down each piece, then search for it in the warehouse section because they didn't even have an example (or the bin numbers!) anywhere in the store. Plus, it is very expensive to ship to my house. 

THIS MADE ME SQUEAL. I don't know why. It's just so... adorable...

It is, isn't it?

Btw, I am (1/5) and (1/5) for the challenge. I did the arm workout yesterday and yoga today! It turned out to be a good thing, because I was just off yesterday and wasn't going to work out, but starting something made me want to finish it.

This is very much how I feel about Paleo.

I also feel that cutting out pulses and grains is unnecessary because there's nothing wrong with them.

I have a lot of Paleo hate. I did it for the day for our BINGO challenge, but it is not anything that I would do without force. I think there is just so much misinformation that is perpetuated by these people who will take one random website as truth, but not medical journals. Not saying that you can't be successful on paleo, just saying that I believe it's more than just going paleo.

In other news, I am so tired this week - I swear the whole daylight savings time just needs to die. My workout definitely suffered yesterday from a lack of enthusiasm. It is raining today, which is crappy because I was going to hit up a new outdoor trail since it's light enough in the evening to do so. I might still run in the rain - it's open for discussion.

tumblr_mf7e51irxK1rz2r65o4_250.gif

• Like 1

I have a lot of Paleo hate. I did it for the day for our BINGO challenge, but it is not anything that I would do without force. I think there is just so much misinformation that is perpetuated by these people who will take one random website as truth, but not medical journals. Not saying that you can't be successful on paleo, just saying that I believe it's more than just going paleo.

I almost left Nerd Fitness quite early on because I got so much flack from a few people for choosing not to succumb to the paleo peer pressure. Someone told me that if I wasn't willing to go paleo, I clearly didn't care about eating healthily (amongst other things). I'm really glad that it has softened over the years, but yeah, it did drive me away for a while.

• Like 1

I almost left Nerd Fitness quite early on because I got so much flack from a few people for choosing not to succumb to the paleo peer pressure. Someone told me that if I wasn't willing to go paleo, I clearly didn't care about eating healthily (amongst other things). I'm really glad that it has softened over the years, but yeah, it did drive me away for a while.

Even Steve has backed off from 100% paleo. It works for me, but diet is like exercise, the best one is the one you will follow.

• Like 1

Even Steve has backed off from 100% paleo. It works for me, but diet is like exercise, the best one is the one you will follow.

I think it was the blind evangelism that irritated me rather than the actual diet. I always had a good grasp on what I ate, it was just how much I ate in comparison to my activity levels which was the problem, so to have people who wouldn't know a celeriac root from a sweetheart cabbage telling me that my diet was inherently bad because I found room for ice cream alongside the enormous piles of vegetables I ate was really off-putting.

If that makes sense?

• Like 1

That's just crazy!

Bolded that because it is so true.

I think it was the blind evangelism that irritated me rather than the actual diet. I always had a good grasp on what I ate, it was just how much I ate in comparison to my activity levels which was the problem, so to have people who wouldn't know a celeriac root from a sweetheart cabbage telling me that my diet was inherently bad because I found room for ice cream alongside the enormous piles of vegetables I ate was really off-putting.

If that makes sense?

I totally agree with this and is my biggest problem. I'm not going to argue with anyone who tells me to eat more veggies and lean meats and stay away from super processed sweets (which a proponent of paleo could say). I have a fundamental issue with being told rice or whole grains are "bad" by a person eating paleo cookies with no idea of the nutrition content.

• Like 5