Terra harnesses the power of her mind (like Jean Grey!)

Terra

I decided that March needed a mentally strong month for me.  I will likely be limited physically due to my knee/ankle injury and it will take a high level of mental fortitude to keep my spirits positive, clean up my food choices and exercise as much as possible give my physical limitations.   

jean-mikemayhew.jpg

Jean Grey (aka: Phoenix) is one of the most powerful mutants through her powers of telepathy and telekinisis.  Also she absorbs the Phoenix Force that renders her even more powerful with crazy amazing abilities.  I am going to focus on the two original power of Jean Grey with the end focus of being reborn through the trials of fire (surgery or nasty PT for the knee) to be reborn into a new and powerful me! 

Telepathy – I will use the power of my mind in many ways!!!

1.     I will use the power of Telepathic manipulation to perform Personality Alteration on myself.  EACH and EVERY post to this challenge thread will have three bulleted points of gratitude.  If you see a post from me with out these bullets call me out!!!! 

a.     A family gratitude

b.     A personal gratitude

c.     A wildcard gratitude

2.    I will use the a Telepathic Defense and Psionic Shield to protect me from poor decisions and peer pressure (including from my own family) when it comes to the food choices that I make this month.  I need to eat paleo for my health and eating healthy for me will improve my chances of a quick recovery.  Clean paleo eating is a must for me right now.  And here is what I need to do to clean it up:

a.     Get rid of the dairy/cheese.  This has been a stress food for me lately and I just need to get it out of my diet.  Its in the house because other

b.     On occasion I eat corn or rice, but they have gotten too frequent and the impact is not good.  So no grains at all this challenge! 

c.     Veggies have been lacking lately so I will increase my veggie intake this challenge.

d.     Potatoes, while arguably paleo, are a comfort food to me and I need to minimize my intake of them.  So one potato serving per week (I’ll use this as a treat)

x-men-jean-image-x-men-jean-36563794-128

Telekinisis – I will use my mind to move the things that I can!

1.     I plan on maintaining my attendance in the BJJ classes this month. 

a.     It part because my attending class will keep my family (especially the hubby) moving and attending classes.

b.     I will also participate in BJJ as much as I can.  I might not be able to do much while protecting the knee/ankle but I can do stuff.  Professor wants me to keep attending and is willing to help me work on skills that stay away from my injury.

c.     Conditioning classes often include working on abs and upper body strength with free weights and I can still do these things.  So attendance in these classes will continue. 

2.    I will also make an effort to make things in my spare time.  Once I week I will get down to my craft room and do something productive.

a.     The room still needs some cleaning…

b.     The weekend of March 18-20 my girls and I are planning on doing lots of work for the cruise gifts that we are making for our summer vacation…  If I need it I will ask for my sewing machine to be brought upstairs for easy access… 

In the end I will channel the energy and power of the Phoenix Force to rebuild myself and come out of this setback a stronger and more resilient superhero!!! 

1799988-671538_phoenix_reborn.jpg

Below is a selective excerpt from http://x-men.wikia.com/wiki/Jean_Grey on Jean Grey’s powers. 

Telepathy: She can manipulate and control the minds of others and even higher order animals within a vast, potentially limitless radius. Her notable powers include:

• Telepathic Defense: She can manifest her telepathy in a number of defensive ways.
  • Psionic Shield: Ability to erect a psychic shield for protection of herself and of others minds.
  • Telepathic Illusions: She can create realistic telepathic illusions and cause people to experience events which are not actually occurring.
  • Telepathic Manipulation: She can manipulate other people's minds easily, achieving a variety of effects.
    • Mind Control: She can control the thoughts and actions of others.
    • Personality Alteration: She can alter the minds of others by force of will, permanently changing their personality partially or entirely.
    • Mental Paralysis: She can induce temporary mental or physical paralysis.
    • Heal Trauma: The ability to erase a person’s memories and to heal mental trauma through “psychic surgery,†the power to stimulate or deaden the pain and pleasure centers in a persons brain.
  • Mind Link: Ability to develop a mental link with any person which remains as a connection to that individual.

Telekinesis : telekinetic abilities enable her to levitate herself or other objects, propel or manipulate them however she wishes, stimulate individual molecules to create heat, and generate concussive force or protective shields.

• It was later revealed that Phoenix had a secondary mutation. This mutation makes her the physical embodiment of the Phoenix Force; she and the Phoenix itself has stated that they are in fact one and the same being. The Phoenix powers are infinite. She is able to manipulate matter and energy on a sub-atomic scale, although there is substantial variation in the amount of power she has access to at any point based on her current health, mental blocks (natural or constructed - by herself or others), and sometimes for other more esoteric reasons.

Phoenix Force Avatar: A cosmic entity which embodies  creation and destruction, and derives its power from those yet unborn. Phoenix's body is permanently tied to the Phoenix Force as a nexus. Phoenix Force thinks of Jean Grey is its "host, body, and self." The Phoenix Force gives her vast psionic ability to manipulate time, space, matter, and energy for virtually any purpose. Phoenix (Jean) can also revive, absorb, re-channel and preserve any kind of life-form, since the Phoenix is the sum of all life-force. The Phoenix Force can significantly boost her mental abilities allowing her to rearrange matter at a molecular level, to fly unaided through space, create intense heat and thermal energy by stimulating molecular activity to create fire, flames, and concussive blasts. She can create fire under any condition, including while submerged, and she can manipulate thermal energy in her vicinity. She can also manipulate the voluntary and involuntary responses in the human body.

• Like 11

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Fighting to Regain Powerhouse Status

?

Like sending me flowers or something?  Digging the phoenix theme (although I am biased because of my challenge project).

Not quite...  Something like  this

Gratitude:

1- I am so grateful for my family taking care of me while my mobility has been limited.

2- I am grateful that I am strong enough that I am able to walk without the crutches once the knee and ankle are in braces!

3- I am grateful the the beautiful colors of the blue sky

You WILL rise from the ashes and be even more AWESOME! :)

That is the goal!!!  Thanks for the follow!

• Like 4

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I loved following your last challenge and really like the direction you're going with this challenge. (I'm a huge sucker for X-Men though so that might be part of it).

• Like 1

Starting Weight:     220lbs

Current Weight:     230lbs

Goal Weight:            150lbs

Reboot 2: Perfectionism Horse

Reboot 1: Charity Masquerade Wheel II Wheel Triumphant Present Stumbles

Past Challenges: 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Awesome challenge!  It's great that you are incorporating some positivity into this challenge due to the injury.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Of course I'm following along again.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Jean Gray is perfect for this one!  You get to combine the mental fortitude with rising like the Phoenix!  I'm so glad that your BJJ instructors will work with you through your injury.  Even if you have to be limited in your participation, participating at all should help you feel a lot happier than having to sit out.  

• Like 2

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

famke_zps93145347.jpg

Hello there....

Awesome how good a perspective you have on the path ahead of you. I like that. You know it's gonna be rough, you are aware of the difficulties and limitations... and then you make this battle plan and it's .... wow... I sure am gonna follow the hell outta you this time around... :pom poms:

• Like 1

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

FYI - I got the MRI report from the hospital so I could read it myself. Woah, wholly crap! The ACL is a complete tear and the LCL area has lots of damage. I honestlly have no idea what the nurse thought she was telling me, completely torn ACL is kind of a big deal!!! And there was also a torn muscle. The good news is that I have two appointments with orthopedics (one practice is a well know sports medicine group, dealing with lots of athletes) for next week.

Added because Briniel caught my lack of gratitude!

I'm grateful for my girls and how they make me smile!

I'm grateful for my upper body strength.

I'm grateful for sweet potatoes!

• Like 6

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

ACL tears are the real deal, sorry to hear about that. You are gonna heal up in no time (I personally think you deserve to give yourself a Wolverine thread for how well you heal from setbacks)

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Yikes. Sounds like the Jean Grey/Phoenix theme was a good call. I have no doubt that you'll rise up from this.

• Like 1

Starting Weight:     220lbs

Current Weight:     230lbs

Goal Weight:            150lbs

Reboot 2: Perfectionism Horse

Reboot 1: Charity Masquerade Wheel II Wheel Triumphant Present Stumbles

Past Challenges: 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

I'm really sorry that you're joining the ACL club.  :(  At least there are a lot of people here on NF who can talk you through the whole process, and you can feel reassured that all of us ACL-ers are now stronger than ever.  

• Like 2

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Ahhh man.. Ok, well, that's really unfortunate.. But here's the thing. After your foot, you came back so much stronger afterwards. This will not be an exception. You will totally heal up and be stronger than before! Tank has a good point about Wolverine and Nymeria is your go-to- the rebellion will most certainly be here for you!

And so will Deadpool!

wolverine-dresses-deadpool-as-jean-grey-

Wolf

"First rule of The Howlers: Never Bow!."

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

FYI - I got the MRI report from the hospital so I could read it myself.  Woah, wholly crap!  The ACL is a complete tear and the LCL area has lots of damage. I honestlly have no idea what the nurse thought she was telling me, completely torn ACL is kind of a big deal!!!  And there was also a torn muscle.  The good news is that I have two appointments with orthopedics (one practice is a well know sports medicine group, dealing with lots of athletes) for next week.  

Damn. That nurse needs to go back into training. Here's to hoping your doctors end up knowing their stuff. Good luck with your recovery. :)

• Like 1

Love the challenge theme and how you made it fit your current situation and needs. I think you're going to be just fine :) Following along again!

1.     I will use the power of Telepathic manipulation to perform Personality Alteration on myself.  EACH and EVERY post to this challenge thread will have three bulleted points of gratitude.  If you see a post from me with out these bullets call me out!!!! 

a.     A family gratitude

b.     A personal gratitude

c.     A wildcard gratitude

I see three posts of yours, but only one filled out gratitude list....

• Like 6

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Following

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

The gratitude journaling is going to be the most important thing for me over the next few weeks. Blowing out my knee sucks, it sucks balls big time!!! And I have had moments of extreme doubt, overwhelming sadness and being overcome with tears. But I can't go down that path... I have so much to do, so many people to take care and an amazing life to live. When I go down that path of sadness it always helps me to find that silver lining. And making the effort to think of all the good amazing things in my life will keep me in a positive mindset.

Today my family has a private BJJ lesson and I'm going to use the time to see what I can do. Yesterday's class was crowded and I ended up helping a couple new ladies learn some basics. I'm thinking that I might could do some rolling with my girls... I can army crawl with my one good leg! Lots of thinking going on about what I can do and what alternatives I can figure out!!!

So what am I grateful for today?

- my hubby does so much around the house to take care of me and the girls. He is amazing!

- I am grateful that my injury is temporary/fixable. 20 years ago this was a life altering/career ending injury, today it is fixable. I have several amazing examples of this here, especially Nymeria!

- I am also gratefully for my kindle books which provides me with an escape from the stress and worries of every day life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

You become more impressive with each challenge.

• Like 2

Damm - lost my original post...

Hi day 1

I'm tired and dehydrated.  Food is on track. BJJ is tonight and I might stay for the conditioning class if I feel up to it.  Work is crazy busy this week and I have several doctor appointments to get the ball rolling with my knee.  

Gratitude:

• My youngest, affectionately known as Baby Black Widow, makes me smile every day. 
  • My job is giving me challenges and growth opportunities right now!  (not something that has happened for the last two years!)
  • It feels like spring (yeah!)
  • Like 1

Ranger-Monk Hybrid