• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fitnessgurl

The Trek to Mordor

Spreadsheet has been updated!!

I will make March the landing page on the 1st.

I did a little tinkering...

There is now a Sign Up sheet where all user info is entered. Only mileage/kilometerage(??) needs to be entered on the Monthly sheets. Hopefully this makes it a little more user friendly and more functional.

I also moved all Team Journey Stats to the Sign Up sheet.

Regarding our Team Journey, we will be arriving back at Hobbiton early this month, Woo Hoo!!!

Therefore, we are going to have to decide where we want our next adventure to be.

I had an idea that we could do it as a Choose Your Own Adventure type of deal.

The idea is...

We will be starting where we left off, Hobbiton (New Zealand). From there we choose (vote on the Sign Up sheet) whether we want to go North or South on the island of New Zealand. With each decision we make, new choices become available to continue our Journey. Eventually, we have the opportunity to visit every corner of the Earth!

I figure people can chime in on their own visits to the places we visit or even just submit some educational material they may find that they want to share. No limit to the possibilities and learning opportunities.

What do you all think?

• Like 4

Spreadsheet has been updated!!

I will make March the landing page on the 1st.

I did a little tinkering...

There is now a Sign Up sheet where all user info is entered. Only mileage/kilometerage(??) needs to be entered on the Monthly sheets. Hopefully this makes it a little more user friendly and more functional.

I also moved all Team Journey Stats to the Sign Up sheet.

Regarding our Team Journey, we will be arriving back at Hobbiton early this month, Woo Hoo!!!

Therefore, we are going to have to decide where we want our next adventure to be.

I had an idea that we could do it as a Choose Your Own Adventure type of deal.

The idea is...

We will be starting where we left off, Hobbiton (New Zealand). From there we choose (vote on the Sign Up sheet) whether we want to go North or South on the island of New Zealand. With each decision we make, new choices become available to continue our Journey. Eventually, we have the opportunity to visit every corner of the Earth!

I figure people can chime in on their own visits to the places we visit or even just submit some educational material they may find that they want to share. No limit to the possibilities and learning opportunities.

What do you all think?

sounds awesome!  glad to be here another month =) ty for taking care of the spreadsheet, it is super awesome!

• Like 1

I just found this in the forums and wanted to join. I am new to the rebellion and have started by walking 3 miles a day for five days in a row. My original goal is 7 days but after signing up on this spreadsheet I will continue the journey to Mordor.

• Like 2

sounds awesome!  glad to be here another month =) ty for taking care of the spreadsheet, it is super awesome!

My pleasure! I love fiddling with spreadsheets lol. Tho, I have tried to make it as self sustaining as possible so I can help break myself of my internet addiction.

I love the idea!!!

Woo Hoo!! Off to travel the world then!!

I just found this in the forums and wanted to join. I am new to the rebellion and have started by walking 3 miles a day for five days in a row. My original goal is 7 days but after signing up on this spreadsheet I will continue the journey to Mordor.

YES!! Mordor, here we come!!

I'm still in. See you all in Hobbiton! 

Will probably be 2 years or so, but I will see you there someday! We got this!!

Quick update on our Team Journey:

We are almost back in Rivendell and only 595 miles from returning to Hobbiton!

We will fill our tummies and rest our feet, but alas, the Adventure does not end until the end of our days.

Where we go next is for us all to decide.

Go to the 'Sign Up' tab in the spreadsheet to vote!!

• Like 2

I still haven't updated mine in the chart! I'm slacking. But I've been keeping track on paper. I'll try to update later today/tomorrow.

Doing all right, but yesterday I basically didn't leave my room all day, so didn't really get any Mordor trekking in. Otherwise, though, generally getting 3-5 miles a day, occasionally more. :)

• Like 1

My productivity has fallen off a cliff this month. I have made plans with others to force me to get moving again tho. Hopefully miles will follow.

Regarding our Team Travels:

We are only 20 miles out of HOBBITON!!!

WOO HOO!!

As our Journey to Mordor comes to a close, we now begin a trek around the world!

From Hobbiton, we have voted to head south through New Zealand.

This leg will take us through Wellington, where we will hop a ferry to Picton and continue walking the length of the South Island of New Zealand.

We will hike through a smorgasbord of National Parks, including scaling New Zealand's highest point, Mount Cook, at 12,218 ft (3,724 m).

From there we will make the trip up to Mount Aspiring, where we can renew our deepest aspirations.

And finally we will finish this leg at Resolution Island before sailing/flying west to Australia.

I have updated the team distance log in the spreadsheet with our new destinations. If you have any destination in between you would like to make, let me know and I can enter them in.

Also, feel free to make any info in this post more interesting with story telling or something of that nature. I am not a very creative person when it comes to that.

ALso, there are new options to vote on for the next leg, even though we are a few weeks out.

Let the Journey continue!!

• Like 2

Sadly my pedometer was lost on a shopping day two weeks ago. Will enter in if I start tracking my mileage anytime, or get my hands on a better pedometer.

Love the route that was chosen! Can't wait!

• Like 1

I haven't been around much lately, but I can make a new thread. I am sure fitnessgurl will not mind. Mordor mustn't wait. Hopefully she will be joining us down the line.

After this weekend, I should be able to be a little more active on here. I will be sure to continue to maintain the spreadsheet tho.

We are only 200 miles away from reaching the southern reaches of New Zealand. Has anyone figured out how we are getting across the Tasman Sea to Australia? Also, don't forget to vote on our next segment.