• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Urgan

Urgan Breathes Fire, Vol. III

Many of my games are in the "ugh maybe someday" pile because I have a perfectionist streak.  My own thread features a shining example!

Ouch, yeah, perfectionism hurts. At some point I say "screw it" and just sprint to the end...and at that point is when I lost to the final boss, I think, lol.

So many unfinished games of mine (mostly Zelda games) because of ridiculous boss fights that I just can't seem to win. :( 

Many of my games are in the "ugh maybe someday" pile because I have a perfectionist streak.  My own thread features a shining example!

This happens to me too. #completionistproblems

• Like 3

So many unfinished games of mine (mostly Zelda games) because of ridiculous boss fights that I just can't seem to win. :(

Ocarina of Time? Windwaker?

Ocarina of Time? Windwaker?

These two, yes. OoT because of the Shadow Temple boss (my coordination and timing is just.... crappy) and WW because ALL OF THE SAILING AROUND. My boyfriend tells me that in newer versions of WW they improve on all of the sailing so that completionists like me don't get bored and quit, but I haven't gotten around to replaying the game yet even with this information. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;

• Like 1

These two, yes. OoT because of the Shadow Temple boss (my coordination and timing is just.... crappy) and WW because ALL OF THE SAILING AROUND. My boyfriend tells me that in newer versions of WW they improve on all of the sailing so that completionists like me don't get bored and quit, but I haven't gotten around to replaying the game yet even with this information. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Bongo Bongo was a jerk. No lie. 

Any game with a boat is torture. I have beaten both versions of Windwaker, the sailing improvement requires you go find another sail. Bah. If you don't like the first version, you probably won't like it on Wii U...it is pretty, the graphics are crsip, I will give it that.

Bongo Bongo was a jerk. No lie. 

Any game with a boat is torture. I have beaten both versions of Windwaker, the sailing improvement requires you go find another sail. Bah. If you don't like the first version, you probably won't like it on Wii U...it is pretty, the graphics are crsip, I will give it that.

Every other year or so, I give OoT another try from beginning to end, because I do LOVE that game to pieces, and every year I get stuck at Bongo Bongo. :( Ah, well. I'll be trying again soon, so maybe I'll have some luck this time around???

Oh, damn. :( See, I hear such great things about Wind Waker, and I did enjoy what little I played before I got bored with all of the sailing around, but....... yeah. Getting bored. This is a thing that happens with me. Because I can't do only the story-related quests. I have to do ALL OF THE OTHER THINGS too. And trust me, I've given that method a go on a few games, and I always slip back into, BUT I NEED TO GET TO 100% ON EVERYTHINGGGGGGGG. ;;;;;;;;;;;;

• Like 1

Every other year or so, I give OoT another try from beginning to end, because I do LOVE that game to pieces, and every year I get stuck at Bongo Bongo. :( Ah, well. I'll be trying again soon, so maybe I'll have some luck this time around???

If we lived anywhere remotely nearby, I'd totally beat him for you if it'd help you experience the rest of the magic that is OoT. I find letting him bounce around, smacking the hands as fast as I can, then immediately locking onto the head and shooting the eye with an arrow before pounding on him with the sword, repeat x2 is the best method, FWIW.

Oh, damn. :( See, I hear such great things about Wind Waker, and I did enjoy what little I played before I got bored with all of the sailing around, but....... yeah. Getting bored. This is a thing that happens with me. Because I can't do only the story-related quests. I have to do ALL OF THE OTHER THINGS too. And trust me, I've given that method a go on a few games, and I always slip back into, BUT I NEED TO GET TO 100% ON EVERYTHINGGGGGGGG. ;;;;;;;;;;;;

Yeah, see I'm the opposite, I have no patience for random things that don't have obvious worth and that is a weakness of mine in that you miss out on grinding and/or that one crucial item you need to easily finish the game. Sigh. Games are hard.

• Like 1

Completionist struggler over here too. I've gotten lucky in that I haven't had to bang my head against the wall too much, but I'm also a fairly grindy player too. It's harsh sometimes.

• Like 1

Completionist struggler over here too. I've gotten lucky in that I haven't had to bang my head against the wall too much, but I'm also a fairly grindy player too. It's harsh sometimes.

The things we do to ourselves, yeah?

• Like 1

If we lived anywhere remotely nearby, I'd totally beat him for you if it'd help you experience the rest of the magic that is OoT. I find letting him bounce around, smacking the hands as fast as I can, then immediately locking onto the head and shooting the eye with an arrow before pounding on him with the sword, repeat x2 is the best method, FWIW.

I'll give that a focused try next time I go at it. Usually I get to the end of the Shadow Temple, use Farore's Wind (iirc?) at the boss door, and then go try to do the Light Temple, except then I can't get past the guards at all. Hyrule Castle guards? Pfffft, piece of cake. At Ganondorf's fortress? OH MY GOD I KEEP GETTING CAUGHT EVEN WHEN I THINK I TIMED THINGS PERFECTLY. Sheesh, no wonder it was so easy for Ganondorf to take over Hyrule. :P

Yeah, see I'm the opposite, I have no patience for random things that don't have obvious worth and that is a weakness of mine in that you miss out on grinding and/or that one crucial item you need to easily finish the game. Sigh. Games are hard.

:lol: And this is my driving fear for being a completionist. What if I miss out on something crucial because I didn't do all the things?????? Right now with playing DA:I, I'm very, very carefully combing through all of the sidequests, because the thing with the Dragon Age franchise is that you don't know what exactly will carry over from one game to the next. I mean, the Dragon Age Keep helps clue you in, but still, I need to do ALL THE THINGS. Reasons why it takes me over 100 hours just to get to the final stretch of the plot in that game. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

• Like 2

WEEK 1 DAY 5!

tumblr_mw0c4pzaIh1t0zg3ho1_r1_500.jpg

You tell 'em, Rei.

Ryu

Gains - 5/15

N. Mob - 2/3

K. Mob - 2/2

Explicit gym day just to mobilize my neck, followed by grocery shopping. Forgot to make a proper list, so I had to do that on the fly, lol.

Garr

Aikido - 2/2

Rest day, no aikido.

Momo

Curfew - 3/5

Anti-curfew - 4/6

C.C. - 5/5 - 2,450

Sigh, I stayed up late (observing my drink curfew successfully) due to the failure to beat FF:D disappoints. A little less sleep than usual, so despite being awakened at the correct time and having best intentions, I drowsed back asleep for about 15 minutes or so. No Anti-Curfew credit for me. I did manage to make Shanghainese meatballs, which, if you've been keeping track, is rare for me to cook on a Friday,

Edit: incremented C.C. post-posting this, because I earned it, darnit. Lol.

• Like 1

Consider me a fan in light of recent events.

Subbed for gains (and mobility).

W00t, welcome~ I am sincerely grateful for the backup, that shizz got ugly, didn't it?

Does the word "unhinged" seem too extreme?

• Like 4

I don't generally dismiss things I haven't personally tried. I guess that mindset is not for everyone.

Or at least cede that it works for some.....or at all ever...?

• Like 1

You mean admit I don't know everything? How could a person do that?

* gasps * * signs self * ...shhhhhhh. I'm not sure how such unreasonable people get by in this world. 

• Like 1

* gasps * * signs self * ...shhhhhhh. I'm not sure how such unreasonable people get by in this world. 

By getting promoted into management positions.  That's one way. :)

200_s.gif

• Like 6

No gains can be made forever, especially not when you have knots all over the place.

I figure I'd actually talk about your challenge. I need to move onto happier things. Got to this line and burst out laughing.

• Like 1

I figure I'd actually talk about your challenge. I need to move onto happier things. Got to this line and burst out laughing.

Agreed. Knots are evil, aren't they? I've got perpetual neck tension like whoa. What's your favorite knot spot? 

• Like 1