A wild monkey appears. Briniel uses miracle pomodoro bullets. It's super effective.

Briniel

That is an intense journal. And I'm jealous of your handwriting. (And internally squeeing that I recognize a few German words whee.)

Ooo yay bujo pictures! So excited to see them. I will get some of mine up in the next day or so.

Keep working on the miracle morning, you will find a routine that works for you. Good luck with day one tomorrow!

Following! Your bullet journal is so pretty. 

Whoa!  I am blown away at your journal.  It seems to organized and pretty!  

Your handwriting is aesthetically pleasing, and your journal is beautiful.  I use a $0.90 composition notebook and a pencil, which is fine since my handwriting looks like I've used the pencil to attempt a fatal stabbing to said notebook.  

...my lack of refinement doesn't prevent me from appreciating the artistry that you have in your journal, though.  Wonderful challenge it seems. :)

Thank you, everyone. Looks like once again, what gets the most attention is the way I track things ;)

The challenge has officially started!! Yay, I'm so excited. Day 1 started really nice, as well. I got up at 6am (6,5 hours of sleep, feeling energized, not tired) and took to my bujo first, setting up today's daily page and planning what I was going to do. Then I spent some time reading (rereading 1984, because reasons) before continuing with my meditation, affirmations and yoga. I had planned to add a darebee and a "real" workout right behind that, but I was so hungry (and the cats, too), that I made some breakfast first. I then continued with my plans and rocked the workout. New PBs on almost everything (I do a lot of holds and chore work, then handstand practice, then 3 sets of squats, L-sits, pushups and dumbbell rows). I was finished at around 9.30am, so I really took my time.

First thing on my list for today is job-hunt. I figured since this is both the most important, most difficult, most daunting and most i-do-not-want-to-do-it task, I should probably do it first. I plan on calling some places that I want to send applications to and wrote down what I would say. Then I got stuck and came here instead. So, looks like the evil monkey is back again. I'll go now and update you all later on how I defeated him and made my first calls. See you around!

• Like 5

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Neat, clear and pretty :)

You, get the wild monkey!

I'm trying out the pomodoro too, love it so far, let's master thisssss. Good luck!

- - - -

Sent from my capsule using a telepathic squirrel.

Apprentice of Intent .  Lvl X Druidu Bronze IV

Epic Quest | Battle Log | Current Challenge

' Who has the time to stall reaching hus highest potential? Death tells me "I'm a fickle thing, and I see you." ' •Aerisand

You will kill the wild monkey, you will apply for jobs. You are awesome.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Neat, clear and pretty :)

You, get the wild monkey!

I'm trying out the pomodoro too, love it so far, let's master thisssss. Good luck!

- - - -

Sent from my capsule using a telepathic squirrel.

Yep, pomodoro turned out to be a life saver today. Good luck to you, too!

You will kill the wild monkey, you will apply for jobs. You are awesome.

Thanks, Tank. Seriously, thank you. (Although I don't plan on killing the monkey. I plan on making friends with it. (Poor monkey (Monkeys just wanna have fu-hun. Ooh monkeys just wanna have fun. That's all they really waaaahahahant. Till the panic monster comes, monkeys wanna have fu-hun. Ooh monkeys just wanna have fun!)))

Week 1 Day 1

Today was a bit uphill, a bit downhill. The monkey reappeared and put up a fight. Whenever I steered towards the dark woods it would find something else on the dark playgorund it absolutely had to do right now. So we ended up drifting in and out of the dark woods. Once again it became clear that the monkey does not like staying in the dark woods when there's nothing to do. When I'm on a certain task, it's fine, but when there's a disruption, when the road is closed (I did make my calls, but in both cases I didn't reach anyone at first) the monkey will not wait until another path is found, it won't stay put. So we struggled a bit. In the end, I threatened the monkey with tomatoes. Then it began bargaining. "Okay, let's start the tomato thing at 14.45. You don't want to start at a weird time like 14:42 (as in, right now), that's just stupid, let's wait until we're at a full 5 minutes. In the meantime, why not do this or that or that other thing." And suddenly it was 15:37 and the conversation began once more. So I just got out my mobile, set a timer for 25 minutes and hit "Start". It's tomato time!!! And, funny thing, that actually worked. I spend two tomatoes on office work and two on household chores and even got in playtime with the cats (though I didn't time that). I also went grocery shopping and made a carrot salad (because they would have gone bad otherwise) and took care of my boyfriend who felt really, really sick.

I even called two places as part of the job-hunt and both of those calls went really well, even if no job opportunity came out of it. One was for that one place that I had an interview with last challenge (and who wrote last week that they decided for someone else). The interview had been so weird that it had been nagging at me all the time. I couldn't come to terms with it on my own and was unsure about whether how I had experienced and felt in the situation was also how it had seemed to the other people there. So I decided I would call and ask for some personal feedback and an opportunity to get my questions answered. The lady first said that this wasn't commong practice, but then proceeded to answer my questions anyways. In the end, I had made an alright impression. The situations where I had felt thrown off course because of their detailed questions about things that seemed insignificant to me wheren't in a bad spirit. And I got valuable feedback on something I hadn't considered. I had seemed like I really liked the job I have right now (which I do) and would rather work there instead of the new place (which I don't, necessarily). So that's something to keep in mind. Make clear that while I enjoy my current position, I'm also looking for new opportunities and am excited to develop my career and try and do new things. In the end, I'm really really glad I called. It gave me some closure and some confidence because 1) I judge myself more harshly than my surrounding do and 2) I'm a person who is so invested in being the best version of herself that she doesn't shy away from calling a company about an interview that - at the time - had made her feel really bad. Even though I was nervous and worried, I still called.

I'm not tracking yet (properly) but if I were, all my dailies are done, all my tasks are done (except singing, but I migrated that to tomorrow, it's not a big deal) and I realized the value of the pomodor technique. It gets the monkey in check. It was a good day. Oh, oh, oh and I ate veggies which each of my meals :D

I'm really curious how tomorrow will be. While I haven't felt tired despite relatively little sleep, going to work on 6 or 7 hours of sleep is something I've never done. I will make extra effort with my bedtime affirmations and see what happens. I already set up the daily spread in my bujo for tomorrow, so I won't have much scribing to do. I'll keep the morning routine relatively short (I planned 30-45 minutes for it), but I'll do each of the life SAVERS. Wish me luck :)

• Like 9

Sounds like a successful day if you ask me! Glad to hear the tomatoes worked out for you. I use focusbooster.com for tracking my tomatoes. I hear the app is great, but I can't get it at work so I have to settle for the webpage.

I'm also impressed with your courage to call the interview company back. I would never have the strength to do that. I had a terrible interview that one of my mentors was present for and I still avoid brining it up with him. So good for you!

Remember tomorrow that it's okay to not get a gazillion things done when you work a full day. It takes a lot of energy. Just do what you can and migrate the rest in the bujo.

Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it - Charles Swindoll

Current Challenge

Typos? - I blame the phone

First thing, I am in awe of your writing (mine is mostly illegible).

Second, that bargaining conversation is pretty much the exact same one I tend to have with myself, particularly about the time. Can't be starting on an odd time, and yeah, you've got to do something while you wait!

Still, sounds like your day went well. Looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings for you :)

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

iatetheyeti's odyssey: part one || part two

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

The journal looks awesome and I really enjoyed the description of the different pens. This stuff is important!

Also, good job on calling back about that interview. It's difficult and feels a bit awkward, but it seems you got some good feedback, and -- maybe even more importantly? -- turned something that was bothering you into a win. :star:

"There are some good things to be said about walking. Not many, but some. Walking takes longer, for example, than any other known form of locomotion except crawling. Thus it stretches time and prolongs life. Life is already too short to waste on speed." Edward Abbey

Great job on your battle with the monkey.  He put up a good fight but you won in the end.  

It's awesome that you had the courage to make that call for the interview.  I've never done that either and when you don't get a job it's easy to assume the worst and feel like a failure but instead you took it as an opportunity to learn and grow.  Well done. 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Willkommen!

I love that book you made!

And I liked the monkey article. I might deal with it myself. Later ;)

You are indeed a druid!

Have fun here!

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

Guys, you're so amazing. I checked NF on the commute to work this morning and started the day with all your good thoughts and vibes and praise. It was awesome!!!

On 29.2.2016 at 11:19 PM, Blonde-E said:

Sounds like a successful day if you ask me! Glad to hear the tomatoes worked out for you. I use focusbooster.com for tracking my tomatoes. I hear the app is great, but I can't get it at work so I have to settle for the webpage.

I'm also impressed with your courage to call the interview company back. I would never have the strength to do that. I had a terrible interview that one of my mentors was present for and I still avoid brining it up with him. So good for you!

Remember tomorrow that it's okay to not get a gazillion things done when you work a full day. It takes a lot of energy. Just do what you can and migrate the rest in the bujo.

Apparently, I just need something that tells me it's now time to do the right stuff, not the wrong stuff ;) The timer on my phone works great for that.

Thank you! That seems like such a difficult situation with your mentor. I think I'd be torn between not wanting to bring up bad memories and embarass myself and always wondering whether his perception was the same as mine. I can't decide right now whether it makes it harder or easier to ask someone about their opinion of a shitty situation if you know them more closely...

I didn't plan a gazillion things. I think I planned three. While I do cut myself some slack when I've had a work day, I tend to just not do anything productive at all and that just doesn't work anymore. As Hal Elrod put it, I can't accept anything than my best from myself. And my best means getting things done in the evening, too. My best also means making sure that I get enough relaxation and me-time, but I'v been erring on that side a little much.

On 29.2.2016 at 11:27 PM, iatetheyeti said:

First thing, I am in awe of your writing (mine is mostly illegible).

Second, that bargaining conversation is pretty much the exact same one I tend to have with myself, particularly about the time. Can't be starting on an odd time, and yeah, you've got to do something while you wait!

Still, sounds like your day went well. Looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings for you

Thank you! I really tried, my usual scrawl (from notes at work and stuff) looks nothing like that.

Yes! It's so annoying. I know I'm screwing myself and I still let it happen. I hope tomatoes will put an end to that!

On 29.2.2016 at 0:21 AM, maegs said:

Your journal is so pretty! And it sounds like so far you're doing really well with kicking the monkey's butt! I especially like your mornings, they seem so peaceful and productive and relaxing all at the same time

Thanks! I love my mornings, too. I've only had three of them, but they all were really nice. There's something about starting in a productive way that just really speaks to me.

On 29.2.2016 at 0:25 AM, ellis_e said:

The journal looks awesome and I really enjoyed the description of the different pens. This stuff is important!

Also, good job on calling back about that interview. It's difficult and feels a bit awkward, but it seems you got some good feedback, and -- maybe even more importantly? -- turned something that was bothering you into a win.

Just for you:

large.pentest.jpg.3ab32c93b07395cd2e97a4

Absolutely! Thanks for putting it in words, that's excactly how it feels :)

On 1.3.2016 at 2:01 AM, weaver said:

A lot of the things you're doing are things I'd like to do - fight procrastination, have calm yet productive mornings, etc. - but struggle with. You're doing great so far, and I'm looking forward to the rest of your challenge!

Thank you so much. Comments like yours make me want to keep going and hit all those goals :D

On 1.3.2016 at 1:19 PM, pureleeawesome said:

Oh my gosh Brin if I ever become rich I'm paying you to do all my handwriting for me.

I hope Day 2 has gone smashingly for you. SMASH THINGS WITH TOMATOES

Haha!! Most fun were all those numbers and days on the yearly overview ;)

I definitely smashed things at work today and did all the things on my list for the evening. Woot! Oh, except floss. I just noticed I didn't floss yet. Will do later :)

On 1.3.2016 at 3:32 PM, Cataleya said:

I love you goals and love pomodoro timers. I can't use them at work/school because people come in and out often but at home they work wonderfully for me.

Yes, I had some trouble yesterday because my boyfriend got sick and asked for tea or stuff in between pomodoros, but I just counted that as being productive. But I see how it could be difficult when you're distracted (as in, really distracted) for any length of time. The whole point is kinda to work on something non stop ;)

On 1.3.2016 at 3:36 PM, LadyShello said:

Great job on your battle with the monkey.  He put up a good fight but you won in the end.  

It's awesome that you had the courage to make that call for the interview.  I've never done that either and when you don't get a job it's easy to assume the worst and feel like a failure but instead you took it as an opportunity to learn and grow.  Well done. 

Thanks! Yes I did! And we stayed happily in the happy playground ever after. Well... until the next morning. The article did mention the monkey's bad memory, right?

Thank you. I feel really good about it to. I feel like someone who makes important, intimidating calls. I could get used to that feeling ;)

On 1.3.2016 at 5:43 PM, Sunmage said:

Willkommen!

I love that book you made!

And I liked the monkey article. I might deal with it myself. Later

You are indeed a druid!

Have fun here!

Danke sehr!

I'm very much in love with that book myself. There's so much that I could put in there, I have to try and keep myself from going overkill with it. Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll make myself comfortable and get to know the folks around here now :)

Week 1 Day 2

Today was a work day so I got up at 5.50 to still get my Miracle Morning in. This means I operated on 7,5 hours of sleep, which is plenty. In facts, it's excactly the amount of sleep I need to go through the day feeling energized and happy. At least that's what I told myself last night before going to bed ;) These affirmations are fun. It's like an ongoing experiment on tricking myself, but it works. I felt as energized/tired as I usually do on workdays which means I had a low point somewhere between 10am and 1pm where I would have loved to just put my head on the desk and sleep and I felt a little exhausted on the commute back and felt my eyes dropping close while reading (yes, I continue my "reading work stuff on both commutes" habit). I got about one tomato of reading in (the whole commute takes about 4 tomatoes, so that's not that much), but I'm fine with that. The rest of the day I felt just as energized as ever. I'm tracking my sleep hours and energy level in my bujo to see whether there's any connection. I also track my happiness (which is on a whooping 7/8, mainly because the boyfriend and I had a really good and much needed talk about things that have been bothering us), my water intake (2,5l so far, I'm aiming at something between 2,5 and 3l) and tomatoes earned (1). Though I'm not sure whether the tomatoes are a good thing to track since I probably will use them as a last resort when all else has failed. So it's not a good thing to use many. I could, of course, just start to use them all the time. Not sure yet.

I then prepared the pre-dough for bread rolls (will bake them tomorrow) and practiced my singing. I always record my lessons and just repeated what we did saturday. Since I was late then and a mere 20 minutes didn't seem like enough to cross of that task (maybe because it's not a full tomato) I also did one more round of the piece we'd been working on before (saturday was just technical stuff). It was sooo easy after 20 minutes of warm-up ;) I'll floss before bed and that's all the tasks I had for today. So another successfull day is done!

I'm also keeping a meal tracker and gratitude log in my bujo. Today I'm thankful that I can talk in such an open way about future plans with my boyfriend, for being able to help other people at work and for cuddles.

• Like 4

As always you are owning it!

I have seen lots of talk about miracle morning but never took it seriously because the people excited about it were SAHM which I am not. But you are inspiring me and I may need to look into it.

As for your tomatoes I kinda like your idea of tracking the numbers of tomatoes you need to get through a day. With the goal being 0 tomatoes to complete your to do list. You could track that in you bujo too!

Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it - Charles Swindoll

Current Challenge

Typos? - I blame the phone

As always you are owning it!

I have seen lots of talk about miracle morning but never took it seriously because the people excited about it were SAHM which I am not. But you are inspiring me and I may need to look into it.

As for your tomatoes I kinda like your idea of tracking the numbers of tomatoes you need to get through a day. With the goal being 0 tomatoes to complete your to do list. You could track that in you bujo too!

Thanks!

I had to check urbandictionary for SAHM. I'm definitely not a shit ass ho motherfucker, thank you very much ;) I could see why lots of stay at home moms use it, though. If you don't have a fixed appointment every morning (like... a job or something) it can get really hard to get up and start doing something. Beds are way too comfy. It's the same for me with my part-time job. Or maybe self-employed people. But I think anyone could benefit from it, just as a way to start the day with a good feeling and with a head-start on all the things we want to do. If you do get the book, don't be thrown of by all the "this is the best thing ever and will make you a millionaire and happiest person earth just by waking up at 3am" stuff. I just ignored those parts and the badly quoted statistics and took from it what made sense to me ;)

I'm kinda worried that this approach will make spending tomaties be a bad thing. Which is not what I want. I notice it in the way I talk about it. I could also say that I earned tomatoes, right? I could also just count any stretch of 25 minutes of productive work as a tomato, whether I timed it or not. But that doesn't sit right with me either... and I don't want to time everything I do, one because it's a hassle, two because I worry that the "spell" might wear off and it won't be as effective anymore if used all the time. Any thoughts?

• Like 3

I had to check urbandictionary for SAHM. I'm definitely not a shit ass ho motherfucker, thank you very much ;)

You crack me up Briniel!

If you don't have a fixed appointment every morning (like... a job or something) it can get really hard to get up and start doing something. Beds are way too comfy. It's the same for me with my part-time job. Or maybe self-employed people. But I think anyone could benefit from it, just as a way to start the day with a good feeling and with a head-start on all the things we want to do. If you do get the book, don't be thrown of by all the "this is the best thing ever and will make you a millionaire and happiest person earth just by waking up at 3am" stuff. I just ignored those parts and the badly quoted statistics and took from it what made sense to me ;)

Being self employed I can definitely attest to this. I find it so hard keeping myself productive and motivating myself. I love your experiments with the miracle morning, it's definitely on my list for things to try in the future. 

The Sarcastic Computator

I could also say that I earned tomatoes, right? I could also just count any stretch of 25 minutes of productive work as a tomato, whether I timed it or not. But that doesn't sit right with me either... and I don't want to time everything I do, one because it's a hassle, two because I worry that the "spell" might wear off and it won't be as effective anymore if used all the time. Any thoughts?

I'm using it for almost everything, mine gets logged automatically, as long as I pick the task I'm working on. I made the tasks "types of activity" instead of actual specific tasks, to speed up the process and never having to continuously log each task. Maybe yours has extra features? 

And not sure if the spell might wear off... a running tomato feels so urgent.... gotta run with it  :onthego:

' Who has the time to stall reaching hus highest potential? Death tells me "I'm a fickle thing, and I see you." ' •Aerisand

I'm using it for almost everything, mine gets logged automatically, as long as I pick the task I'm working on. I made the tasks "types of activity" instead of actual specific tasks, to speed up the process and never having to continuously log each task. Maybe yours has extra features? 

And not sure if the spell might wear off... a running tomato feels so urgent.... gotta run with it  :onthego:

sounds like there's an app for that? I just used the timer on my phone, so no fancy settings. Wait, is there an actual animation of a running tomato or something? OMG, I need that!!!

• Like 1

sounds like there's an app for that? I just used the timer on my phone, so no fancy settings.

Ahh ok.

Wait, is there an actual animation of a running tomato or something? OMG, I need that!!!

Oh yes! 

but the tomato has no legs  :<

We should make one. 

sounds like there's an app for that? I just used the timer on my phone, so no fancy settings. Wait, is there an actual animation of a running tomato or something? OMG, I need that!!!

I did get a pomodoro app and it seems I can log activities and then select the right one for each tomato.  But I haven't really gotten that involved with it.  It does however follow the 25 minute work timer with a 5 minute break timer.  Which I find distracting, BTW.  I get distracted enough during my 25 minute tomato time, I don't need another break.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

I had to check urbandictionary for SAHM. I'm definitely not a shit ass ho motherfucker, thank you very much ;)

BRB dying of laughter.

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell.