In Which Sarah Barr Embraces Pain (Challenge 16)

Sarah Barr

Started filling out gym application but turns out I need to wait a couple of days so that the direct debit doesn't come out at a time of the month when I might not have been paid yet sometimes.

Shower, then bedtime yoga, then writing, then SLEEP, because I've been cooking and cleaning from the moment I got in at six till quarter past nine.

Freggie quantities are secret, of course, but I can let you guys in on the knowledge that hot, gooey, crisping-up-round-the-edges, salty, olive-oily roasted sweet potato is like catnip to me right now.

That sweet potatoe description is orgasm worthy

Sent from the past

• Like 1

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

Pretty surprised I got all of my goals done for the past two days, I think the threat of raw broccoli is really helping. 

I want to show you my magical box of crudités but I don't want to divulge too many of my waffle-y secrets. There are three colours of tomato, though. It's so pretty.

I tried to make baba ganoush last night, it went.. well, I have aubergine baby food with far too much chilli and cumin in it. Should really have followed a recipe. Also does not include tahini. Must buy.  

• Like 2

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

What's wrong with raw broccoli? It is delicious and crunch and glorious!

I am happy that someone likes raw broccoli. To me it's like the offspring of a squeaky fart and a condensed bogey. Raw beetroot is also up there on my punishment list, because it tastes overwhelmingly of soil to me, and fresh coriander, because it tastes like soap.

• Like 2

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

Also does not include tahini. Must buy.  

It's super easy to make yourself. Just grind up some sesame seeds with a little oil, then you can just make the quantities you need and it'll be fresher every time. In a pinch though, a little peanut butter makes a reasonable replacement. 

I am happy that someone likes raw broccoli. To me it's like the offspring of a squeaky fart and a condensed bogey. Raw beetroot is also up there on my punishment list, because it tastes overwhelmingly of soil to me, and fresh coriander, because it tastes like soap.

I agree with all of your observations in the above post. But fun fact! I read somewhere that perceiving coriander (cilantro to you new world folks) to taste of soap is genetic. About half the population do, and half don't. 

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I agree with all of your observations in the above post. But fun fact! I read somewhere that perceiving coriander (cilantro to you new world folks) to taste of soap is genetic. About half the population do, and half don't. 

And the world just became weirder

Should really have followed a recipe.

You can cook without following a recipe? I am impressed!

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

I also agree with the raw broccoli assessment, but I'll eat copious quantities of steamed broccoli (and I'm fortunate that my kids all like and eat it just fine, too).  We use both cilantro (mature green leafy part) and coriander (dried seeds of the same plant) here in the states.  I love it and it doesn't taste like soap to me.  I'll leave it out of my chili recipe for Sarah's sake. ;)

• Like 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

When my daughter refuses any of the cooked varieties of vegetables that I offer she will always ask to sub it for raw broccoli. She doesn't love it but she prefers it to most cooked vegetables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

We use both cilantro (mature green leafy part) and coriander (dried seeds of the same plant) here in the states.  I love it and it doesn't taste like soap to me.  I'll leave it out of my chili recipe for Sarah's sake. ;)

We use both too but we call them both coriander because we're helpful like that. 

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

You can cook without following a recipe? I am impressed!

Uuuusually - I worked in a cafe where the chef would sometimes tell me "Okay, you have half an hour to invent a brand new special from scratch, have at it" so I got pretty good at cooking in bulk and ad libbing everything. (I miss him, he was excellent.) If it's something entirely new, I do still need to check timing, but I can generally get away with scanning over the kinds of ingredients and guessing the rest. This was... not one of those times. 

I also agree with the raw broccoli assessment, but I'll eat copious quantities of steamed broccoli (and I'm fortunate that my kids all like and eat it just fine, too).  We use both cilantro (mature green leafy part) and coriander (dried seeds of the same plant) here in the states.  I love it and it doesn't taste like soap to me.  I'll leave it out of my chili recipe for Sarah's sake. ;)

Steamed broccoli is excellent, I will agree! And thanks for the consideration with the cilantro! Coriander seed is fine with me, though, just the leaves and stems I can't take. 

When my daughter refuses any of the cooked varieties of vegetables that I offer she will always ask to sub it for raw broccoli.

Pretty sure this is further proof that you're Wonder Woman, Shello!

• Like 3

To-Do List

Uuuusually - I worked in a cafe where the chef would sometimes tell me "Okay, you have half an hour to invent a brand new special from scratch, have at it" so I got pretty good at cooking in bulk and ad libbing everything. (I miss him, he was excellent.) If it's something entirely new, I do still need to check timing, but I can generally get away with scanning over the kinds of ingredients and guessing the rest. This was... not one of those times. 

Steamed broccoli is excellent, I will agree! And thanks for the consideration with the cilantro! Coriander seed is fine with me, though, just the leaves and stems I can't take. 

Pretty sure this is further proof that you're Wonder Woman, Shello!

or this means I cook vegetables horribly.  

• Like 3

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Day 3 Tracking:

- Yoga: Yes. 

- Calories: 1177

- Freggies:[Redacted]

- Water: [Redacted]

- Cardio/Strength/Relay:[Redacted]

- Writing: Not yet

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

Episode 3: Carapus mourlani

CarapusMourlani2JTW.jpg

With all the delicate form, translucence, and glow of an icicle, the omnivorous Star Pearlfish is actually quite elegant, and a movie version might well be voiced by a mid-range Tilda Swinton knock-off. Unusually among bony fish, it has no scales. It lives on reefs in the Indo-Pacific, from South Africa to Hawaii, in microhabitats such as the one below:

pearlfish.jpg

What a fascinating coral, I hear you say. Ah, dear reader, this is where the Star Pearlfish stops being quite so ethereal sounding. For that fish is, in fact, not emerging from a coral cave, but from a sea cucumber's bum hole. (Note: Sea cucumbers breathe, eat and poop through this orifice, so the term "bum hole" is not strictly accurate. Cloaca would be.)

The Star Pearlfish, like many in its family, is a commensal organism that spends most of its time in the coelomic cavity of its host. This is usually a starfish, or a sea cucumber(which is TERRIBLE in egg mayonnaise sandwiches, and is related to starfish). Being a commensal, it has little effect (positive or negative) on its host, although this is mostly based on empirical research and not on the sea cucumber's personal opinion. Being a polite arsehouseguest, the Star Pearlfish will knock upon reaching the rear entrance, and then either plunge in head first, or wait patiently for the sea cucumber to suck it in, tail first, on its next breath. 

One sea cucumber, collected off Groot Banda in Indonesia, was placed in a bucket of cold water for a time, and when the collector came back, fourteen Star Pearlfish had emerged from its hobbit hole. Another single fish, who we can only assume had already got into its pyjamas, remained indoors, bringing the total to 15.  This is the same number of players needed for a rugby team. We can only hope that, for the sake of their hosts, that when a rugby rulebook falls down off a luxury yacht into the briny blue, they use a small ball.

• Like 4

To-Do List

P.S. My uterus is holding a special screening of Jaws 2. It only gave me a week's respite, couldn't even wait until the Mothers' Day chocolates are reduced, could it? Instead of caving in to chocolate, though, I bought myself some new gym trousers. It is no real substitute but I am sucking it up.

• Like 2

To-Do List

Day 3 Tracking:

- Yoga: Not yet. 

- Calories: 674 so far, on track for 1400

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

CarapusMourlani2JTW.jpg

With all the delicate form, translucence, and glow of an icicle, the omnivorous Star Pearlfish is actually quite elegant, and a movie version might well be voiced by a mid-range Tilda Swinton knock-off. Unusually among bony fish, it has no scales. It lives on reefs in the Indo-Pacific, from South Africa to Hawaii, in microhabitats such as the one below:

pearlfish.jpg

What a fascinating coral, I hear you say. Ah, dear reader, this is where the Star Pearlfish stops being quite so ethereal sounding. For that fish is, in fact, not emerging from a coral cave, but from a sea cucumber's bum hole. (Note: Sea cucumbers breathe, eat and poop through this orifice, so the term "bum hole" is not strictly accurate. Cloaca would be.)

The Star Pearlfish, like many in its family, is a commensal organism that spends most of its time in the coelomic cavity of its host. This is usually a starfish, or a sea cucumber(which is TERRIBLE in egg mayonnaise sandwiches, and is related to starfish). Being a commensal, it has little effect (positive or negative) on its host, although this is mostly based on empirical research and not on the sea cucumber's personal opinion. Being a polite arsehouseguest, the Star Pearlfish will knock upon reaching the rear entrance, and then either plunge in head first, or wait patiently for the sea cucumber to suck it in, tail first, on its next breath. 

One sea cucumber, collected off Groot Banda in Indonesia, was placed in a bucket of cold water for a time, and when the collector came back, fourteen Star Pearlfish had emerged from its hobbit hole. Another single fish, who we can only assume had already got into its pyjamas, remained indoors, bringing the total to 15.  This is the same number of players needed for a rugby team. We can only hope that, for the sake of their hosts, that when a rugby rulebook falls down off a luxury yacht into the briny blue, they use a small ball.

Sarah, you do not disappoint.   That lovely elegant fish deserves a nice warm bed like everyone else..  If the warmest place he can find is a sea cucumber bumhole, then so be it.  At least he'll have some friends.  The sea cucumber on the other hand needs no friends... he gets enough activity as it is.  Harlot. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

P.S. My uterus is holding a special screening of Jaws 2. It only gave me a week's respite, couldn't even wait until the Mothers' Day chocolates are reduced, could it? Instead of caving in to chocolate, though, I bought myself some new gym trousers. It is no real substitute but I am sucking it up.

Retail therapy... almost cures all.  

• Like 1

Spoiler

Day 3 Tracking:

- Yoga: Not yet.

- Calories: 674 so far, on track for 1400

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

CarapusMourlani2JTW.jpg

pearlfish.jpg

What a fascinating coral, I hear you say. Ah, dear reader, this is where the Star Pearlfish stops being quite so ethereal sounding. For that fish is, in fact, not emerging from a coral cave, but from a sea cucumber's bum hole. (Note: Sea cucumbers breathe, eat and poop through this orifice, so the term "bum hole" is not strictly accurate. Cloaca would be.)

One sea cucumber, collected off Groot Banda in Indonesia, was placed in a bucket of cold water for a time, and when the collector came back, fourteen Star Pearlfish had emerged from its hobbit hole. Another single fish, who we can only assume had already got into its pyjamas, remained indoors, bringing the total to 15. This is the same number of players needed for a rugby team. We can only hope that, for the sake of their hosts, that when a rugby rulebook falls down off a luxury yacht into the briny blue, they use a small ball.

Hobbithole

Sent from the past

• Like 1

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

You just caused a Def-Style Coffee Spit.

YES! Get in.

• Like 1

To-Do List

YES! Get in.

Scott? In the sea cucumber? 

Well written again Sarah, I loved it! :)

And to sub chocolate with shopping: brilliant! I agree it's not really a substitute, but it is the next best thing. I hope the sharks will be kind to you this time around.

• Like 2
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

I hope the sharks will be kind to you this time around.

Thankyou! <4

To-Do List

Gym membership purchased! And I even remembered to bring my kit with me so I can go tonight. Looking forward to weights and ellipticals again. 

• Like 8

To-Do List