Wild Wolf gives Maximum Effort and Expresses some Rage

Wild Wolf

deadpool-gallery-03-gallery-image.jpg

Oh, hi there. You must be the group of friends that my buddy Wolfie here tells me about. I gotta tell ya, you guys are pretty fuckin cool. I mean, look at the beard growth in this community! And the broga (BTW, I’m going to steal that and if you have an issue with it, take it up with my unicorn!)

ea9d5e6d6b8de869e6280c63a1169c77.jpg

Who am I? Well now, that’s a silly question. I'm Captain Deadpool! No wait..just Deadpool.

I do lots of cool shit like this gif below of me from my movie. That's Ajax I'm fighting-he's a nice guy to work with.

relive-deadpool-with-the-best-gifs-from-

I’m here to tell you all that I’m not doing this for free, though as most of you would assume with the likeness of Ryan Reynolds and your very own Ryan aka Wolfie that I would, I am not. A man’s gotta get laid...I mean paid, ya know?

Are you confused yet? Yeah, so was I until this shitstick of a Ranger named “Wild Wolf†approaches me with a grand scheme. A plan that’s worthy of some things...some personal things…

wafltUk.gif

Shut up and get to the point!

Okay...okay… someone's a widdle angwee..

03-Deadpool.gif

Wild Wolf has asked me to introduce his next challenge and be a personal icon or theme or cabana boy...I don’t remember the crazy shit he was talking about, but we both decided to never speak of that night again. (He took his pants off and vowed to mushroom tattoo the whole waiting staff at Taco Bell..or was that me..)

All I know is that he wants me here for 4-weeks and now he has me. Kinda. I still gotta beat up the bad guys and bug the shit out of Spiderman and Wolverine...ya know, Wolvie... he’s really not as angry as people say. He’s a gentle soul that…â€

tzMjsue.jpg

Sorry Logan..Love ya!

BACK TO THE CHALLENGE! As I was saying. I’ll be here. More than likely I’ll be stalking most of you since Wolfie gave me his username and password, but I won't make promises that it will be in the friendly way..I have issues you know? Also...go see my movie! It’s Marvel’s biggest February opening EVER! Don’t take your kids though. I say lots of bad words, I have lots of sex, and I kill lots of people. Did I mention Ryan Reynolds plays me in the movie? Yeah, he’s a cool guy too. Not a great actor, but funny as hell.

b4w8wlx.jpg

Speaking of ass...

SKZnoeV.gif

9-things-to-see-in-deadpool-s-hometown-8

Well that's not very nice, TJ Miller. But it's true...I do like the inside of someone else's asshole...

Am I ADHD or what?! Without further-fuckin-ado, I present to you Wild Wolf’s next 4-week challenge where he gives Maximum Effort and Expresses some Rage…

323b8790-ad9f-0133-a055-0e7c926a42af.gif

Deadpool

• Like 18

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

*reserved for goals*

Well Thank you Deadpool, I appreciate that sir! As a fan of both you and Ryan Reynolds, I’m deeply honored to have you! And buddy, that was you mushroom tattooing the Taco Bell staff. You demanded like 200 chimichanga’s and they wouldn’t do it so you threatened them with your dick. I thought it was funny. Though, that’s the last time I let you talk me into going out and drinking…

Anyways, Deadpool is right. I am going to give maximum effort, especially where my writing is and I’ll express some rage as well. Not sure how, but rage will be expressed. This shoulder injury has me out of the game right now, but I’m making my triumphant return VERY soon! So, let’s move to the goals because there’s one goal in there that Deadpool is really excited about me sharing.

Goal #1: Maximum Effort Writing *REVISED 03/03/16*

I am a writer. Always have been. I have a ton of ideas but my problem is my ADD/ADHD. I get too distracted with newer, shinier ideas, but not anymore. This time, it’s ALL about Henge. This is the title of my “book-in-waiting†that I’ve been grooming for the last...4 years now. It’s about a young man named Sid Rigel who gets magically transported through Stonehenge and winds up in another world called Omega. Here he will discovery that he is part of an ancient prophecy that will either save Omega or Doom it. Along the way, he will meet many friends and enemies alike but how will he choose sides when he doesn’t know who’s good and who’s bad? Stay tuned to find out :).

The goal is was to write for 1 hour a day but I don’t want to rush things. I’m hoping for one entry a week like I’ve done before and like Rurik does so we’ll see how that works starting out and I’ll adjust as things progress. For now, lets just do SOMETHING towards the story each day. This can be fine tuning a chapter, working on plot details, extending the outline and all the other stuff good writers do. 

Possible Points: +3 WIS, +1 CHA

Goal #2: Maximum Effort Warrior Dash and continue Shoulder rehab

This is pretty self explanatory. Warrior Dash is next weekend and my shoulder is not even at 70%..so, I’ll literally be surviving the race and making sure I don’t make the injury even worse. Sit this one out you say? I think not. I told a good friend of mine who happens to be a Paladin that I would run this with him back last Fall. We have obstacles to smite! There are no penalties for not completing an obstacle like Spartan, so I’m gonna Ranger through and support Tank. We’ll also be adding another infamous photo to the Tank/Wolf timeline :).

Also, I will continue my rehab with Dr. Eidsvig and remain positive that things are healing and my shoulder will be better than it was before the injury!

Possible Points: +3 STR, +2 CON

Goal #3: Maximum Effort Eating/Drinking

Tracking my food and water intake while holding myself accountable really helped last challenge. I was able to be transparent and eat clean about 80-85% of the time! And, I believe there was only maybe 1 or 2 days where I didn’t hit my water goal. I just got in some BCAA’s and creatine to add to my morning protein shake, so upping my water intake because of the creatine is a must. I must track all my water and food intake during the challenge and I must eat clean 80% of the time.

Possible Points: +3 CON

Goal #4: Daddy needs to Express some Rage

A lot of my life goals tend to be towards other people like my kids or my wife, but I’m drawing a circle around myself this challenge and taking care of the man inside the circle. Me. Without my workouts, I have a hard time “Expressing My Rage†so to speak, so, this is all about finding ways to do that. My first thought, is rock the fuck out to some music and lip sync my way to air guitar rift victory, but I need other outlets. And no, getting myself off to a unicorn is NOT the way to go, Deadpool! I’m not sure how to track this goal, but I have a psychotic Merc with a Mouth to help me along the way. Find ways to express all the built up….tension. Maybe what I need is...A SUPERHERO LANDING!

b6gsbtK.gif

I told ya DP would be excited!

Possible Points: +3 Rage Meter

And there we have it. Even though I blew my whole wad paying Deadpool to help me out this challenge, it will totally be worth it...in a sick demented way, I'm sure.

Wolf

• Like 14

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

*reserved for other cool shit*

So, cool shit goes here, huh? Well, that would be Wolf's story for starters, so let's go ahead and make Chapter 1 look all fancy schmancy in the spoiler brackets!

Chapter 1: Change of Plans

The alarm blared again and again, resounding in its constant annoyance of soft tunes that rose high and then low. I knew where the button was to shut it off but sleep grabbed at me like a lost lover, pulling me back into it’s warm embrace and comforting my heavy eyes. I let out a groan and reached for my phone, silencing the alarm. On my back, staring up at the ceiling, the fan rotated in its methodical manner. I stared beyond the fan and processed the events for today. There was a lot to do, but it was going to be a good day for what it’s worth. A sad smile spread across my face, then faded as my eyes grew distant, miles away from this moment.  

Swinging the blanket off, I sat up in bed and ran my hands through my thick, copper colored hair. I’d been growing it out recently and it was just now getting out of the “in between†stage where things were tolerable. As I got up, my back and knees cracked and creaked underneath my weight, the signs of all the bumps and bruises I had obtained in my twenty-eight years of living, and I made my way towards the bathroom to shower and get ready. I had a plane to catch.

“Alright, Sid, let’s double check everything.†I said aloud to myself, the only response being the TV with SportsCenter on it, the commentary giving way to the highlights of last nights games. I made my mental scans of the room and my luggage, making sure I had everything I needed for the weekend. Five, six...Eh, let’s make it seven pairs of underwear and socks. Excessive for three days worth, but you never knew when a clean pair of boxers and socks would be needed. A few sleeveless workout shirts, some crew neck t-shirts, khaki jeans, dark wash jeans and the other pair of jeans that I wore at the moment would sustain me. Jeans were meant to be worn multiple days in a row. Toothbrush, deodorant, coconut oil...yes, coconut oil. The only stuff that keeps my face from drying out and becoming “face dandruffâ€. I packed a pair of hiking boots to go along with my red Chuck Taylor’s that I doned at the moment, and jingled the car keys in my pocket for assurance.

I stare at my olive green colored rucksack, stuffed to the top of clothes and essentials I’ll need for my weekend trip to the UK. The summer solstice was in two days and I wanted to be there to witness the whole event. This time, things would be different. Plans had changed. This time, I was going alone. I managed a quick glance to a picture frame that sat neatly on my dresser. It wasn’t a cheap frame, made of plastic and aluminum, but a nice wood frame stained a dark amber with swirls of brown and gold hues. It was a picture of my mother, Vicky, and me, standing in front of some large stone structures. It was our first trip to Stonehenge when I was just eight years old. The sights...the smells, and the sounds of that day surged through me. My mom laughing at me for trying to tip one of the massive sarsen stones over. The sunrise the glowed brightly as we stood in line with the Heel Stone. A beautiful woman, my mother was stern but in a motherly like way that made it impossible to stay mad at her. A loving way.  She always drove me and my siblings to achieve more and dream big and in moments like this, I thank her. Twenty years of memories stood between myself and that picture frame of our annual trip. “I miss ya mom..†I say aloud..my chest feeling heavy and tightness in my stomach. I blow the picture frame a kiss.

Grabbing the hat that rested on the bed next to my backpack, I swing the black and yellow billed hat backwards on my head, pressing down my wild hair, and head towards the door. I turn to make one more quick scan, completing my mental checklist, then headed out the door.

--------------------

The plane ride isn’t bad. I sleep most of the almost nine hour, non-stop flight to Heathrow Airport in London and when I wasn’t napping, I was listening to music or an audible book to pass the time. In flight alcohol sounded nice around hour six, so I took advantage of that and sipped my favorite spirit, whiskey. I gave a silent toast to my mom and downed the glass, asking for another when the stewardess passed by. Then another when she made her rounds again. The middle aged man that sat next to me, window seat, named Clint, toasted with me for the third time as I continued my onslaught on the in-flight whiskey. I wasn’t the type of person to mask my pain with alcohol, but today was a good day for that. Before I knew it, Clint and I were both drunk, talking about our families and my recent sexcapade. I laugh as he tells me to leave “no detail unturnedâ€. Married for twelve years with three kids, Clint is living vicariously through me. For a moment, I forget my mission and the sadness that weighed upon me. My smile is genuine and my laugh loud. Mom always said “Laughter is the best medicineâ€. The remainder of the flight is therapeutic and relaxing.

As we land and make our way into the busy London airport, I thank Clint and we bid our farewells; he, going to see his family, and I, headed towards the Salisbury Plains where the mystery of Stonehenge resides and awaits me.

Sobering up was a small challenge, but after getting some food and downing substantial amounts of water, I made my way to the rental car place to get this show on the road. The lady at the front is nice enough. Cute, too. I may have flirted my way to a cheaper rental price using my infamous smirk and the trademark blue eyes, but like anywhere, Brits like a sexy accent too. Me, being from Texas, I used a little Southern drawl to my advantage. “Yes Ma’am†goes a long way here, I’ve noticed.

I’m on the road within forty-five minutes, headed towards Salisbury. It still freaks me out to drive on the other side of the road, but I manage okay. Winding down the same roads my mom and I traveled, the memories flood me with sadness and anxiety. I turn on some music to distract me, but it doesn’t seem to help. I take a deep breath in and hold it for five seconds, releasing it slowly and controlling my diaphram. “Breathe, Sid...breathe, dude.â€

Six months. Is that long enough to mourn? Is there ever a time limit on it? It wasn’t sudden, my mom’s death, but I’m not sure if that makes it worse. Cancer is an ugly bitch and my mom fought for months. She was always scrappy, but she fought the cancer with more determination than I had seen in a long time. The trouble was, the cancer fought back. I remember her telling me she was already planning our annual trip to Stonehenge after Christmas. She talked as if there was no cancer and the strength remained in her voice when she spoke.

“This one's gonna be fun, Sid! You’re never too old to go to Stonehenge.†She laughs as I try and talk my way out it. We’re both sitting at the kitchen table as the rest of the family continues with Christmas presents and clean up. The entire living room is flooded with shredded wrapping paper of greens, reds, whites and golds. Little Santa Claus figurines hang from the Christmas Tree and the whole house smells of pumpkin spice and eggnog.

“The doc’s won’t let you go, mom. The treatment..â€

“To hell with the treatment!†She explains with some annoyance. “I’ve been treating this thing... I’ve been battling...Now, I want to enjoy life again. Plus, our trip is over six months away. You know how expensive flights get if we wait.â€

I nod along, knowing there’s no changing my mom's mind. “Ok, Ok...you’re right. If you’re feeling up for it, we’ll go. Even if going has lost its luster a little..†I smirk, hoping to bait her back into the conversation.

“Lost it’s luster?†She asks. “What about the mystery? What about the enchantment?†she dazzles her hands in the air. “What about the ghost stories? You used to be scared of that one with the…â€

“Anyways,†I interrupt, seeing her smirk at me. “I’m not 8 years old anymore, mom, the mystery and enchantment of Stonehenge doesn’t exist anymore.†I mimic her hand display and laugh. I smile down at her as I stand up from the kitchen table and give her a hug. “Alright, well I’m headed out. Christine is waiting for me at her parents house.†I give her a kiss on her cheek and pull away.

“She’s a good girl Sid Rigel, you better take care of her.†My mother says matter-of-fact, her blue eyes fiery behind the comment.

I chuckle, thinking of my girlfriend. “Of course. But I gotta make sure you’re okay first.†I give her a wink and tell her I love her.

The memory fades and tears swell in my eyes. Some slow, sappy song is playing on the radio and I shut it off, now basking in the hum of the car’s engine and the sounds of the road. That would be the last time I saw my mom. She passed away the next morning in her sleep, the phone call coming shortly after when my brother found her. The emptiness in his voice still haunts me when he tells me she is gone. I wish I had been the one to find her…and I can't decide if that makes me sick or what, but I loved my mom and she was a good woman.

“C’mon you pussy!†I yell out hitting the steering wheel. I know my mom would slap me across the face for being such a cry baby about this. She begged me to celebrate her life.. Not mourn it. I just missed her, is all.

I check the rearview mirror as I leave London behind and move closer to my destination, a slight weight lifted off my shoulder for the moment. The first part of the journey was done and now the fun stuff began. With a day and a half left before the solstice, I needed to get my housing in order and there was no better place to stay then Uncle Q’s.

-------------------

It was the second or third year of visiting Stonehenge that we met Uncle Q, but back then, he was just Quentin. I actually met his youngest son first, Declan. I was tracing some of the ancient etchings in the sarsen stones with my finger, one such being a crude picture of what looks like a dagger or sword and an axe, when I ran into Declan doing the same thing. He was a year younger than me, and we both hit off rather quickly. He was a Superman guy, whereas I was a Batman guy, so we argued and fought but became good buddies in the end. He’s still one of my best friends to this day and you could even say he’s a brother to me.

Quentin was there with Declan, Declan’s older brother, Jameis, and his wife, Meredith. After Declan and I hit it off, the rest followed and my mom and I were invited back to their home in Salisbury. And what a house it was. Two stories of brick and marble and beautifully stained wood filled almost 3500 square feet of space out on the countryside of Salisbury.

Each year, we went to stay with Quentin and his family and eventually he became Uncle Q, one of my favorite people in the world! He was an archaeologist by day and a storyteller by night. I remember always dripping with anticipation at hearing his wondrous tales of magic, evil mages and ancient warriors. He was the one that told me and Declan the burial ghost story that happened at Stonehenge hundreds of years ago. Uncle Q told us both about the spirits that still haunt Stonehenge at night and hide in the stones. I let out a little laugh as the memory flashes by, thinking about my lack of sleep for days afterwards. I was eleven back then.

I see mile marker signs for Salisbury and life begins to breath back into me. The drive was beginning to get long after my lengthy plane flight and I was ready to stretch my legs and be done with travel for a few hours. As I drive through the beautiful Old English town, I pass many of the same bistro’s my mom and I liked to visit when we were here. Off to my right, I see the infamous Salisbury Cathedral, it’s sharp features reminding me of something out of an Arthurian legend. This wasn’t like back home, where driving through the city is a stress attack waiting to happen. Dallas traffic is enough to make you pull your hair out, but here, I didn’t mind the scenic route.

With only about three in a half miles left to go, I made my way to the outskirts of Salisbury, where Declan and Uncle Q would be waiting for me. Part of me was nervous to see them. I knew Uncle Q and Aunt Mere were very fond of my mother and bringing her up would be inevitable. But, remembering my mom wanted celebration, not sadness, I put on a smile and finished out the drive with more energy than I had when I left home.

“Well look atchu, you cheeky bastard!†Uncle Q yells out in his boisterous tone, his smile consuming the whole bottom half of his face. His dark hair was greying and there were more lines and wrinkles on his round face, yet, his spirit never waned. I couldn’t help but greet the man in the same fashion.

“Ahh, Uncle Q, it’s good to see you, sir!†I returned, warmly as I gathered up my rucksack from the backseat. He didn't wait for me to come give him a hug and barreled into me. The force of the hug was enough to steal my breath but I managed a stifled chuckle in the process. “If there’s one thing...I’ve missed,†I say as Uncle Q releases me, air returning to my lungs, “It’s your hugs!†He laughs again and slaps my on the back on my shoulder. As tall as Uncle Q was, he was still looking up to me these days and the smile never left his face.

“Here, lad, lemme get that for ya.†Uncle Q said, swiping my backpack off my shoulder before I could object. His energy level was infectious and I couldn’t help but drink it in. He had always been like this and Declan was very much the same. Speaking of, where was he?

“Where’s Dec’s?†I asked, suddenly realizing that my friend was nowhere to be seen. I was looking forward to his company the most.

“Well, you know Declan, he’s off chasing that girlfriend of his. He should be home any minute though…†Quentin added seeing the disappointment on my face. “So the plane ride...the drive? Everything was tip-top?†Uncle Q asked to kill the oncoming awkward silence. So far he had been avoiding bringing up my mom, and I was ok with this. It had been a year since I saw them last, so surface level fluff would suffice for the time being.

“Oh yeah, just fine, Uncle Q. The drive here was weird, but all in all, it’s good to be here and I forget how much I miss this place. The air here is so clean and I love it.†I say, taking in a deep breath of the countryside air.

“You and your clean air, boyo,†Uncle Q chuckles, “but I’m glad…†he cleared his throat, “We’re glad you're here lad.†I smiled back at him, putting my arm around his shoulder and we both walked inside the house.

Chapter 2: The Festival

Chapter 2: The Festival

Luckily I was saved by Declan before Uncle Q decided to bring up my mom for the first time. The tall, dark haired man strolled through with a smile set on his face that couldn't be forced. His face was covered in dark stubble that suited the man’s darker features and hazel colored eyes, more green than brown at the moment.

“Color my bloody pink, Sidney Rigel, you saucy bastard!†Declan nearly yelled out, eyes wide with excitement. Like father like son. I matched his smile and embraced him in a full out hug. Standing at my height, Declan was well muscled and a little thicker than I was, so his hug came with a force I knew to be rib-crushing.

“You know I hate when you use my full name, Decs.†I say playfully, always finding it strange when my shortened first name was exposed in full.

“Mate, it's damn good to see you. I'm sorry I wasn't here when you arrived, I know mum and dad can be a bloody bore these days…†Declan trailed off, winking at his parents. Sighs of detest followed by laughter was their only response.

“Nah, man, everything has been good since I got here. Feels like home, honestly.†I say.

“Of course this is your home, Sid, it has been for a long time now.†The soft voice of Meredith spoke up. A silent yet very strong woman. He light brown hair was pulled up in a ponytail and purple rimmed glasses perched on her thin noise. Declan favored her looks the more I looked at her. Especially if he wore his own glasses.

I smile, “Yes ma'am.. Mom sure loved it here..†I decided to address the elephant in the room and move past any uncomfortableness. These people were family and they loved my mom. No one spoke for a split second and then I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Declan. I nodded in appreciation. “Thanks man..but, what can you do? Sometimes life is a real bitch and you accept the hand you're dealt.â€

“She was one of our best friends, Sid. And when we heard the news we…â€

“It’s okay Uncle Q.. Really. We all know how hard headed and stubborn she was,†I say, chuckling, “but she was happy in the end…†My chest was heavy, but I needed to be able to talk about her. “And she wanted to be here so bad, you guys.†I scan the living room, eyeing everyone. “Matter of fact, she was already planning the trip the night before she passed. The crazy woman was set on being here.â€

The rest of the evening went better than I could have expected. After finally opening up about my mom, the darkness that resided over me vanished as if it had never been there. That night we celebrated, just as she had asked. We had real shepherd’s pie, my mom’s favorite dish, made with traditional lamb. It was a specialty dish that Meredith made and getting it once a year just wasn’t enough. You could have handed me a straw instead of a fork with my meal and I would have been good to go. We drank. A lot. And after everyone felt good and warm inside, we told our favorite stories about my mom.

One of my personal favorites was the time I caught her, Uncle Q and Meredith smoking weed. Actually, Declan and I both caught them. I remember that night, we must of been fifteen years old or so and the parents thought we were in Dec’s room playing video games, but we had snuck out to go see these girls we met in town that day. On our way back, we hear my mom and Uncle Q laughing hysterically as Meredith is talking about this gentleman at her work that did something funny, apparently. But that’s not the unusual thing about that moment. You could smell it before you were within thirty feet of the trio. Marijuana. I had tried it once back home and never became a huge fan of it. My older brother, though, was what we liked to call a “high-functioning potheadâ€. I laugh at the thought. Declan and I decided we would scare our parents since they assumed we were in Dec’s room asleep or playing games.

They all sit on the front porch, still laughing and giggling at Meredith’s story as Declan and I come around back. He takes the left side of the house and I take the right. On my signal, we’re both going to jump out and scare them. One...I hold up my index finger. Two..my middle finger follows. Three! Declan and I both jump out and in unison and give a resounding Boo!, scaring the pants off all three of them. My mom shrieked so loud you would have thought it was an animal call and not something from the mouth of a woman in her early forties. Uncle Q and Meredith laugh whole heartedly at the memory and Declan chimes in that he found the joint they were smoking the next day and smoked the rest of it. I guess when we scared them, whoever had the joint dropped it.

It wasn’t until almost two in the morning when we all finally settled down and went to sleep. I crashed hard after my extremely long day that included a nine hour flight, a two hour car drive and lots of good food and booze. I slept a dreamless sleep that night.

The next day was routine. I woke up to the wonderful smell of cooked ham and coffee and couldn’t think of a better way to start the day. After eating and cleaning up, Declan offered to take me in town so we could kill some time before we hit up the Summer Solstice Festival. Uncle Q and Meredith already had a pod there waiting for the four of us. The festival was something we started after Declan and I graduated school. It was a huge 4-day event where everyone camped and partied till the summer solstice. Uncle Q always rented one of the bigger pods out there for us to stay in. There was music, good food, alcohol and lots of friendly people to entertain you. The nice thing was that the campsite was a hair over two miles away from Stonehenge so it would be easy to get to for its 4:50 AM sunrise.

The town of Salisbury is a festive place during the day, especially this time of year. The solstice brought out the party spirit in this usually quaint little town on the outskirts of London. Night time came and Declan and I met up with Uncle Q and Meredith at the campgrounds of the festival. It was bustling with music, the intoxicating smell of cooked sausage and turkey legs and the every busy chatter of the many people that flooded the festival. There were games and food trucks along with a couple bars throughout, one of them being The Boot Inn. Here I got another favorite dish of mine, the grilled gammon steak. What made it so delicious was the fried duck egg on top along with the sweet pineapple glaze. My mouth was drooling before I managed my first bite. And God forbid you leave this place without pudding. Back in the states you got cake or pie or even a brownie at times. Here, you got pudding. My pudding of choice was the smooth, marmalade bread and butter pudding with chocolate sauce. This was one of those meals that put you in a food coma in the worst way. I was satisfied though, as I knew Declan would want to explore the alcohol later and a full stomach meant I could keep up for the majority of the evening. I mentioned a 4:50 AM sunrise and most people never went to sleep and just stayed up till the solstice. This was turning into one of those nights, but a special occasion that called for me to let loose and have fun.

The highlight of the night was the sword dual competition. Anyone could enter and compete. I was biting at the chance to go in and practice a little sword play. Being the nerd I was, back home, I had the opportunity to play around with some bushido and a little German longsword. The weapons provided were synthetic longswords, so it looked like my two-hand sword skills would be called upon. Two matches went before my name was called. My opponent, a man named Connor. Lean with short cropped hair, he handled the sword poorly as he tried to flip it about in an attempt to look cool and I knew right then that I had the advantage. Connor was shorter then me by a couple inches and I smiled, knowing I also had advantage in reach.

The rules were given to each of us, laying down the foundation for the fight. Your basic stuff like, “nothing below the beltâ€, using good sportsmanship, and keeping our cool were emphasised. And with that, we put on our helmets for face protection, and the match began. Connor hesitated, sizing me up. Too late, dude. I lunged with speed he was not expecting, feinting a strike to the throat and dropping my wrist to slice across his exposed stomach. The move happened so quick, Connor barely got his guard up for an attempted block. I heard him mutter “holy shit†and take a few steps backwards, now fully aware of how long my reach was, even more so with a one in a half meter long sword. I smirked behind the face protection. Two more strikes and the match was over. I decided to end this so I can move onto the next round.

This time, I lunged with my opposite foot, and instead of feinting the killing strike to the neck, I dropped my strike to feint towards his stomach. I flipped the sword in the reverse part of the swing and used my hips to fling it back up towards his shoulders, striking the right side then using my momentum, flipping the sword back the opposite way to strike the left. Once again, I was too fast for the inexperienced man named Connor. I heard Declan and the small crowd watching cheer and applaud my speed and skill. The match was over just as quickly as it had begun. The feeling of the sword in my hand invigorated me and I was ready for my next opponent.

I walked off, removing my helmet and revealing a huge grin across my face. Declan approached me with two mugs of ale, handing me one. “Brilliant, mate! I forget how skilled you are with a blade.†He said with a deeper voice, trying to sound like a roman gladiator.

“Thanks brother. That felt good but that guy sucked. Bring me a worthy opponent!†I bellowed in a similar accent, downing my beer and wiping the foam off my mustache.

The next match came up quick as the participants grew less and less. If I won this match, I went to the final round and would be dueling for a t-shirt that said “Check out my Longsword†and a free beer. My next opponent was a well muscled man named Brian. He tried to intimidate me with his size and handlebar mustache, but he was fooling no one. I ended him in 4 moves. It should have been three, but he got lucky enough to dodge my initial sweeping attack. But then again, maybe I wanted to miss so he drew in close enough for my final three strikes. Declan was waiting for me again with a mug of ale, which I downed with a roar of excitement. I was having fun. My long, copper colored hair was slicked back with sweat and my eyebrows furrowed as I saw my final opponent.

She had to weigh a hundred and twenty-five pounds soaking wet. Long blonde hair and dark eyes that actually made her very sexy and seductive looking. Her name was Selene. “What the hell, Decs, they got me fighting some chick in the final round? The damn sword is bigger than she is.†I say, laughing.

“Uhhh, I dunno, man, she’s pretty good. I saw her make the last guy look silly. She’s definitely stronger and faster than she looks. Don’t let her small frame fool you, Rigel.†Declan returned with a wink. I could tell he was highly amused at my predicament.

I walked over to the small woman and offered out my hand. “Good luck to ya, Miss Selene.â€

She stared down at my outstretched hand as if it was a rotten piece of meat, but then her features softened and she offered out her own hand. “And good luck to you as well, Sid.†Her voice was like velvet, showing no signs of nervousness. In fact, you could be fooled that she wasn’t afraid of Sid at all. He had the height, the reach, and the skill, yet, this small, lean woman seemed eager to get the duel underway.

The fight began and I cradled the longsword on my right shoulder in a roof guard, my favorite guard. Selene held her sword behind her hip in near ward guard. Suddenly, I became anxious. This woman had obviously seen herself around a blade a time or two. I rushed forward, hoping to scare her backwards, but she didn’t budge. I came down hard with my sword, using pure strength behind the strike, but she parried and twisted underneath the attempted strike and ran the blade across my exposed back for her first point. The crowd and even Declan to my amusement cheered loudly as she was up one point to none. The anxiousness left me and burning competition remained in its wake. Finally! I challenge. And from a woman of all things.

The two of us circled one another in the open arena, careful to make sure our footwork was precise to make a strike at any time. Strength didn’t work the last time, so now, I decided to manipulate my superior length. I copied her starting guard and made a low sweep up towards Selene’s chest knowing she would parry my attack to go for my exposed back again, but what she didn’t expect was a spin move, while flipping the blade around onto my back to block her strike and then continue into the spin to strike at her now exposed back. The move was fluid, practiced and well executed as I swiped across Selene’s back, scoring my first point. Tied up, the duel was beginning to get interesting as sweat dripped down my forehead, stinging my eyes.

Selene finally engaged me, showing off speed that I didn’t think she was capable of and nearly got her second strike on my outer shoulder, but I was able to bring my sword up in time to deflect the attack off to my right. She recovered and swung her blade back around towards my head but I ducked the attack and swept low with my sword. With the grace of a cat, she lept over my attack and I could hear her laughing as she did so. She was toying with me. At first this came as a shock, but then shock was replaced with frustration. There was no way I was letting this little blonde beauty beat me at my own game.

I hunkered down, digging my feet in and positioned myself to unleash an onslaught of attacks. I started with a lunging thrust and then came up with a whirlwind of sweeping attacks. Selene parried and dodged every single attempt, still laughing. Frustration now turned to anger. I let out a growl and with a left, then a right strike to the shoulders I felt a slight punch to the stomach, releasing the air from my lungs. I peered down behind my helmet and saw the dull point of Selene’s blade embedded in my abdomen. She was up two scores to one. I couldn't believe it. How in the hell did she do that? She was impossibly fast and the fact that she made it look effortless just made me more pissed off.

Ok, Sid, let’s think about this. Keep your head about you. Stay calm and watch her movements. Don’t let her bait you into making a mistake so she gets an easy victory. I sighed, easier said than done. Sword play was not always about the most skilled person, but the smartest. Selene was outsmarting me and I would not have that anymore. I had to be unpredictable because she knew longsword stances and she was countering every move I made. I dropped down in a wide stance, my off hand outstretched in front of me with my sword positioned overhead. This was not part of the longsword technique and I was banking on her being confused, even if it was just for a second.

The crowd was cheering, knowing I was a point down. They wanted me to lose and why not? It was beauty versus the beast. Woman versus Man. I would have been rooting for Selene had I not been facing off against her right now. I took in a deep breath, deciding what I wanted to do when Selene made the decision for me. She shuffled forward with blinding speed and tried to cut at my exposed arm, which was the trap I set for her. I pulled back with matching speed and swung my lead leg back. The momentum of the swing allowed me to extend the sword overhead and drop it right on the top of her head, gaining me my second point. However, looking down, I see her sword piercing the inside of my new lead leg. Damnit! The crowd erupts with applause and cheers. It’s not 10 seconds after I lose that they start chanting her name. Selene! Selene! Selene!

I remove my helmet, sweat caking loose hair to my forehead, and nod towards Selene, showing my respect for the very skilled woman. I was speechless. The anger and frustration that filled my heart had subsided to an easiness that I rarely felt after losing. I had to hand it to her. She was the better swordsman...woman.

“Ahhh!! Dude! You lost to a girl!†Declan came bounding over, a grin spread across his face and a third mug of ale in his hand. I smiled a toothy smile and downed the cold ale with a satisfying grin.

“Well, if I’m gonna lose, it might as well be to a hot chick.â€

“Aye. She kicked your ass, mate. That was enjoyable!â€

“Easy now Decs...I obviously let her win. How un-gentlemanly would that have been? No, my dear boy, I had to let her win so I could informally ask her if she wanted to join me for a celebration drink.â€

“Ahh man! I kinda called dibs, Sid...Ya know.. before the fight started..?†Declan said with a wink, knowing where I was going with the statement.

“Whatever!†I laughed. “I think I earned my chance after being royally embarrassed. I’ll see if she has any friends!â€

• Like 4

Spoiler

Here for the lulz (and the awesome). Love the way you crafted this challenge, good job making your workouts a priority. I often tell people there is a difference in sequence and importance when it comes to prioritizing. We often need to put ourselves first in sequence so we can put others first in importance. Just like the oxygen mask on the plane.

I'm all set to be the Colossus to your Deadpool.

deadpool-DMC_2670_v068_matte.1045_rgb.jp

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I'm glad to see that you're taking this challenge as seriously as I am. ;) Go forth and kick some serious ass this challenge.

Deadpool%2Banticpating%2B2.gif

Haha, right?! I'm here to entertain you guys ;) When D_R said that watching Deadpool reminded him of Me, I instantly knew what my next challenge theme would be, haha. After all, Ryan Reynolds is my kindred spirit and "hanging" with DP is easy :)

Let us both kick ass this challenge! I mean.. All three of us! Sorry DP :(

cd6515fb87493b733b261f37de90dc13.jpg

-But Wolfie... Our special night together.. And you forgot me already??

Sweet man I can't wait for the unmasking of your goals :D

tumblr_nfiexmVHQl1rey868o1_500.gif

Haha, they have been unmasked!!

c7ea4058b69f0d165f8d5f11ff25c61c.jpg

I'm here for the hype dancing.

tumblr_mla8voaODR1ra9eteo1_1280.gif

Here for the lulz (and the awesome). Love the way you crafted this challenge, good job making your workouts a priority. I often tell people there is a difference in sequence and importance when it comes to prioritizing. We often need to put ourselves first in sequence so we can put others first in importance. Just like the oxygen mask on the plane.

I'm all set to be the Colossus to your Deadpool.

deadpool-DMC_2670_v068_matte.1045_rgb.jp

Thank you my goodman! I was due a cool challenge after my injury :)

I agree with you 132%. And well put my wise and powerful friend! I'm gonna write that down cuz it sounds superhero-y.

And yes! I need you Colostrum!

6ac7752b422c1f380b06596c2d77f297.jpg

Wolf

And MEEEEEE!!!!

aXEwKVg_700b.jpg

"First rule of The Howlers: Never Bow!."

• Like 5

Spoiler

Hell yeah nice goals!! I like the daddy rage goal! One possibility is to go to junk yard with a sledge hammer!! Smash away...although it won't be as enticing as some good unicorn pics ;) and the people at tacobell deserved those mushroom stamps! PS good luck this weekend you and Tank are going to kick ass! Oh and that story sounds really cool!

• Like 2

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This has got to be the epicest introduction post ever.

Good, I made you laugh :). Mission accomplished!

And thank you dude, I'm blushing all over!

deadpool%2Bblushing.png

And that's saying a lot for a badass like me clad in red ;)

Hell yeah nice goals!! I like the daddy rage goal! One possibility is to go to junk yard with a sledge hammer!! Smash away...although it won't be as enticing as some good unicorn pics ;) and the people at tacobell deserved those mushroom stamps! PS good luck this weekend you and Tank are going to kick ass! Oh and that story sounds really cool!

Haha, thank you my goodman! I could definitely take my mace out and pound some tire rubber.. But the movement is a little jarring on the shoulder, unfortunately :(

Lol.. Oh man, you do NOT want to see a Deadpool mushroom stamp.. It's not right looking. But needless to say the bastard got his 200 chimichangas :)

I'll need all the luck I can get dude, but I have a week to get that much healthier [emoji1303]. Story.. Yes, thanks for the reminder, I need to finish up some things and I'll post the first entry. Beware, the beginning is just story building and it's not that exciting lol.

1695333-deadpool_awesome.jpg

deadly-deadpool-fan-artwork-16.jpg

Wolf

"First rule of The Howlers: Never Bow!."

• Like 3

Spoiler

Harley is here to join her buddy!!!

97f603c350da9058160ffe7f5d3cf0ec.jpg

Deadpool......soooooo totally awesome my friend, how could I not join you. ;)

(plus, you sealed it with the unicorn. lol)

Perfect, and issues or not you will rock this challenge. ;)

Stalk away!!! (once I make my thread :P )

• Like 6

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

I'm sure if you pump some creative juices around that noggin of yours, you'll figure out a way to change that. :P

I don't think there could be a better personality fit going on here.

I couldn't agree with you more Ski, but I guess what I mean by that is I want to be at the part where he gets transported to Omega through Stonehenge. But, like any good book, you need a good lead up to the juicy parts ;). And I'm all about character building after journeying through the Red Rising trilogy.

Shank you, Ski! That warms my heart! What is it about these Ryan's.. I guess just born with Deadpool blood flowing through their semi-talented veins..

6dc478e4f3d8ead582cd0c13365838b5.jpg

Haha brilliant introduction :D :D :D

Well hello there Mad Hatter :)

Thank you so much! Wait.. What's that?? Oh, Deadpool wanted me to tell you that he's also appreciative of your comment since he wrote it and such..

.. Aaaand that he likes your hair?? Yeah, let's say hair..

deadpool-heart-680x383.jpg

Wolf & Deadpool.. BFF's 4 Evah!

"Daddy needs to express some rage."

• Like 3

Spoiler

Harley is here to join her buddy!!!

97f603c350da9058160ffe7f5d3cf0ec.jpg

Deadpool......soooooo totally awesome my friend, how could I not join you. ;)

(plus, you sealed it with the unicorn. lol)

Perfect, and issues or not you will rock this challenge. ;)

Stalk away!!! (once I make my thread :P )

Well hello gorgeous!! Glad to see you ditched the psycho clown and found yourself a real psycho ;)

1711268-1345861_hqdp.png

Haha, thanks for stopping by Ash! We both will most certainly be stalking you when you get your challenge up!

Did you say.. UNICORN?!

b11cfcfb5a9f9f2d720779aa8877d8d6.jpg

W31rl3fywo1_500.jpg

Wolf & DP

"Daddy needs to express some rage."

• Like 4

Spoiler

Alright everyone, here's the first chapter of Henge. (I'll also be using the 3rd spot on my thread to have a quick access spot for all my story entries)

Chapter 1: Change of Plans

The alarm blared again and again, resounding in its constant annoyance of soft tunes that rose high and then low. I knew where the button was to shut it off but sleep grabbed at me like a lost lover, pulling me back into it’s warm embrace and comforting my heavy eyes. I let out a groan and reached for my phone, silencing the alarm. On my back, staring up at the ceiling, the fan rotated in its methodical manner. I stared beyond the fan and processed the events for today. There was a lot to do, but it was going to be a good day for what it’s worth. A sad smile spread across my face, then faded as my eyes grew distant, miles away from this moment.  

Swinging the blanket off, I sat up in bed and ran my hands through my thick, copper colored hair. I’d been growing it out recently and it was just now getting out of the “in between†stage where things were tolerable. As I got up, my back and knees cracked and creaked underneath my weight, the signs of all the bumps and bruises I had obtained in my twenty-eight years of living, and I made my way towards the bathroom to shower and get ready. I had a plane to catch.

“Alright, Sid, let’s double check everything.†I said aloud to myself, the only response being the TV with SportsCenter on it, the commentary giving way to the highlights of last nights games. I made my mental scans of the room and my luggage, making sure I had everything I needed for the weekend. Five, six...Eh, let’s make it seven pairs of underwear and socks. Excessive for three days worth, but you never knew when a clean pair of boxers and socks would be needed. A few sleeveless workout shirts, some crew neck t-shirts, khaki jeans, dark wash jeans and the other pair of jeans that I wore at the moment would sustain me. Jeans were meant to be worn multiple days in a row. Toothbrush, deodorant, coconut oil...yes, coconut oil. The only stuff that keeps my face from drying out and becoming “face dandruffâ€. I packed a pair of hiking boots to go along with my red Chuck Taylor’s that I doned at the moment, and jingled the car keys in my pocket for assurance.

I stare at my olive green colored rucksack, stuffed to the top of clothes and essentials I’ll need for my weekend trip to the UK. The summer solstice was in two days and I wanted to be there to witness the whole event. This time, things would be different. Plans had changed. This time, I was going alone. I managed a quick glance to a picture frame that sat neatly on my dresser. It wasn’t a cheap frame, made of plastic and aluminum, but a nice wood frame stained a dark amber with swirls of brown and gold hues. It was a picture of my mother, Vicky, and me, standing in front of some large stone structures. It was our first trip to Stonehenge when I was just eight years old. The sights...the smells, and the sounds of that day surged through me. My mom laughing at me for trying to tip one of the massive sarsen stones over. The sunrise the glowed brightly as we stood in line with the Heel Stone. A beautiful woman, my mother was stern but in a motherly like way that made it impossible to stay mad at her. A loving way.  She always drove me and my siblings to achieve more and dream big and in moments like this, I thank her. Twenty years of memories stood between myself and that picture frame of our annual trip. “I miss ya mom..†I say aloud..my chest feeling heavy and tightness in my stomach. I blow the picture frame a kiss.

Grabbing the hat that rested on the bed next to my backpack, I swing the black and yellow billed hat backwards on my head, pressing down my wild hair, and head towards the door. I turn to make one more quick scan, completing my mental checklist, then headed out the door.

--------------------

The plane ride isn’t bad. I sleep most of the almost nine hour, non-stop flight to Heathrow Airport in London and when I wasn’t napping, I was listening to music or an audible book to pass the time. In flight alcohol sounded nice around hour six, so I took advantage of that and sipped my favorite spirit, whiskey. I gave a silent toast to my mom and downed the glass, asking for another when the stewardess passed by. Then another when she made her rounds again. The middle aged man that sat next to me, window seat, named Clint, toasted with me for the third time as I continued my onslaught on the in-flight whiskey. I wasn’t the type of person to mask my pain with alcohol, but today was a good day for that. Before I knew it, Clint and I were both drunk, talking about our families and my recent sexcapade. I laugh as he tells me to leave “no detail unturnedâ€. Married for twelve years with three kids, Clint is living vicariously through me. For a moment, I forget my mission and the sadness that weighed upon me. My smile is genuine and my laugh loud. Mom always said “Laughter is the best medicineâ€. The remainder of the flight is therapeutic and relaxing.

As we land and make our way into the busy London airport, I thank Clint and we bid our farewells; he, going to see his family, and I, headed towards the Salisbury Plains where the mystery of Stonehenge resides and awaits me.

Sobering up was a small challenge, but after getting some food and downing substantial amounts of water, I made my way to the rental car place to get this show on the road. The lady at the front is nice enough. Cute, too. I may have flirted my way to a cheaper rental price using my infamous smirk and the trademark blue eyes, but like anywhere, Brits like a sexy accent too. Me, being from Texas, I used a little Southern drawl to my advantage. “Yes Ma’am†goes a long way here, I’ve noticed.

I’m on the road within forty-five minutes, headed towards Salisbury. It still freaks me out to drive on the other side of the road, but I manage okay. Winding down the same roads my mom and I traveled, the memories flood me with sadness and anxiety. I turn on some music to distract me, but it doesn’t seem to help. I take a deep breath in and hold it for five seconds, releasing it slowly and controlling my diaphram. “Breathe, Sid...breathe, dude.â€

Six months. Is that long enough to mourn? Is there ever a time limit on it? It wasn’t sudden, my mom’s death, but I’m not sure if that makes it worse. Cancer is an ugly bitch and my mom fought for months. She was always scrappy, but she fought the cancer with more determination than I had seen in a long time. The trouble was, the cancer fought back. I remember her telling me she was already planning our annual trip to Stonehenge after Christmas. She talked as if there was no cancer and the strength remained in her voice when she spoke.

“This one's gonna be fun, Sid! You’re never too old to go to Stonehenge.†She laughs as I try and talk my way out it. We’re both sitting at the kitchen table as the rest of the family continues with Christmas presents and clean up. The entire living room is flooded with shredded wrapping paper of greens, reds, whites and golds. Little Santa Claus figurines hang from the Christmas Tree and the whole house smells of pumpkin spice and eggnog.

“The doc’s won’t let you go, mom. The treatment..â€

“To hell with the treatment!†She explains with some annoyance. “I’ve been treating this thing... I’ve been battling...Now, I want to enjoy life again. Plus, our trip is over six months away. You know how expensive flights get if we wait.â€

I nod along, knowing there’s no changing my mom's mind. “Ok, Ok...you’re right. If you’re feeling up for it, we’ll go. Even if going has lost its luster a little..†I smirk, hoping to bait her back into the conversation.

“Lost it’s luster?†She asks. “What about the mystery? What about the enchantment?†she dazzles her hands in the air. “What about the ghost stories? You used to be scared of that one with the…â€

“Anyways,†I interrupt, seeing her smirk at me. “I’m not 8 years old anymore, mom, the mystery and enchantment of Stonehenge doesn’t exist anymore.†I mimic her hand display and laugh. I smile down at her as I stand up from the kitchen table and give her a hug. “Alright, well I’m headed out. Christine is waiting for me at her parents house.†I give her a kiss on her cheek and pull away.

“She’s a good girl Sid Rigel, you better take care of her.†My mother says matter-of-fact, her blue eyes fiery behind the comment.

I chuckle, thinking of my girlfriend. “Of course. But I gotta make sure you’re okay first.†I give her a wink and tell her I love her.

The memory fades and tears swell in my eyes. Some slow, sappy song is playing on the radio and I shut it off, now basking in the hum of the car’s engine and the sounds of the road. That would be the last time I saw my mom. She passed away the next morning in her sleep, the phone call coming shortly after when my brother found her. The emptiness in his voice still haunts me when he tells me she is gone. I wish I had been the one to find her…and I can't decide if that makes me sick or what, but I loved my mom and she was a good woman.

“C’mon you pussy!†I yell out hitting the steering wheel. I know my mom would slap me across the face for being such a cry baby about this. She begged me to celebrate her life.. Not mourn it. I just missed her, is all.

I check the rearview mirror as I leave London behind and move closer to my destination, a slight weight lifted off my shoulder for the moment. The first part of the journey was done and now the fun stuff began. With a day and a half left before the solstice, I needed to get my housing in order and there was no better place to stay then Uncle Q’s.

-------------------

It was the second or third year of visiting Stonehenge that we met Uncle Q, but back then, he was just Quentin. I actually met his youngest son first, Declan. I was tracing some of the ancient etchings in the sarsen stones with my finger, one such being a crude picture of what looks like a dagger or sword and an axe, when I ran into Declan doing the same thing. He was a year younger than me, and we both hit off rather quickly. He was a Superman guy, whereas I was a Batman guy, so we argued and fought but became good buddies in the end. He’s still one of my best friends to this day and you could even say he’s a brother to me.

Quentin was there with Declan, Declan’s older brother, Jameis, and his wife, Meredith. After Declan and I hit it off, the rest followed and my mom and I were invited back to their home in Salisbury. And what a house it was. Two stories of brick and marble and beautifully stained wood filled almost 3500 square feet of space out on the countryside of Salisbury.

Each year, we went to stay with Quentin and his family and eventually he became Uncle Q, one of my favorite people in the world! He was an archaeologist by day and a storyteller by night. I remember always dripping with anticipation at hearing his wondrous tales of magic, evil mages and ancient warriors. He was the one that told me and Declan the burial ghost story that happened at Stonehenge hundreds of years ago. Uncle Q told us both about the spirits that still haunt Stonehenge at night and hide in the stones. I let out a little laugh as the memory flashes by, thinking about my lack of sleep for days afterwards. I was eleven back then.

I see mile marker signs for Salisbury and life begins to breath back into me. The drive was beginning to get long after my lengthy plane flight and I was ready to stretch my legs and be done with travel for a few hours. As I drive through the beautiful Old English town, I pass many of the same bistro’s my mom and I liked to visit when we were here. Off to my right, I see the infamous Salisbury Cathedral, it’s sharp features reminding me of something out of an Arthurian legend. This wasn’t like back home, where driving through the city is a stress attack waiting to happen. Dallas traffic is enough to make you pull your hair out, but here, I didn’t mind the scenic route.

With only about three in a half miles left to go, I made my way to the outskirts of Salisbury, where Declan and Uncle Q would be waiting for me. Part of me was nervous to see them. I knew Uncle Q and Aunt Mere were very fond of my mother and bringing her up would be inevitable. But, remembering my mom wanted celebration, not sadness, I put on a smile and finished out the drive with more energy than I had when I left home.

“Well look atchu, you cheeky bastard!†Uncle Q yells out in his boisterous tone, his smile consuming the whole bottom half of his face. His dark hair was greying and there were more lines and wrinkles on his round face, yet, his spirit never waned. I couldn’t help but greet the man in the same fashion.

“Ahh, Uncle Q, it’s good to see you, sir!†I returned, warmly as I gathered up my rucksack from the backseat. He didn't wait for me to come give him a hug and barreled into me. The force of the hug was enough to steal my breath but I managed a stifled chuckle in the process. “If there’s one thing...I’ve missed,†I say as Uncle Q releases me, air returning to my lungs, “It’s your hugs!†He laughs again and slaps my on the back on my shoulder. As tall as Uncle Q was, he was still looking up to me these days and the smile never left his face.

“Here, lad, lemme get that for ya.†Uncle Q said, swiping my backpack off my shoulder before I could object. His energy level was infectious and I couldn’t help but drink it in. He had always been like this and Declan was very much the same. Speaking of, where was he?

“Where’s Dec’s?†I asked, suddenly realizing that my friend was nowhere to be seen. I was looking forward to his company the most.

“Well, you know Declan, he’s off chasing that girlfriend of his. He should be home any minute though…†Quentin added seeing the disappointment on my face. “So the plane ride...the drive? Everything was tip-top?†Uncle Q asked to kill the oncoming awkward silence. So far he had been avoiding bringing up my mom, and I was ok with this. It had been a year since I saw them last, so surface level fluff would suffice for the time being.

“Oh yeah, just fine, Uncle Q. The drive here was weird, but all in all, it’s good to be here and I forget how much I miss this place. The air here is so clean and I love it.†I say, taking in a deep breath of the countryside air.

“You and your clean air, boyo,†Uncle Q chuckles, “but I’m glad…†he cleared his throat, “We’re glad you're here lad.†I smiled back at him, putting my arm around his shoulder and we both walked inside the house.

Wolf

• Like 5

Spoiler

Great first entry to the story!  And thank you so much for linking your stories on your first page!  I was worried that I'd have to avoid your thread whenever I didn't have time to read a story entry, because I'd hate to skip the story and then have it kind of disappear into the thread explosion that tends to happen here.  

• Like 3

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Great first entry to the story!  And thank you so much for linking your stories on your first page!  I was worried that I'd have to avoid your thread whenever I didn't have time to read a story entry, because I'd hate to skip the story and then have it kind of disappear into the thread explosion that tends to happen here.  

Thanks, Nym!! And you're most welcome-I made that mistake with Urban Wolf and I wasn't about to repeat lol. I would also hate for you to avoid my thread for any reason...especially this challenge where there's so much fun to be had!!

Deadpool-Cable-Sentinels-Art.jpg

I knoooooowww you guys see the "S-Mart" in the background, right? God, am I awesome or what?! Wolfie, you like that AoD reference!?

WW & DP

• Like 4

Spoiler

Im liking the story man!! :D I have always wanted to go see Stonehenge myself.

giphy.gif

Preciate that brotha! Me too man..me too. I will visit one day when the book blows up and becomes a success ;)

Double post my friend, don't make me send DP after yo Shinobi ass!

Wolf

And ME. Who else would it be ya silly goose?

75bff7325fb948799486935a0d558a0b.jpg

Edit: Ok you're good. You were THIS close my goodman!

63025464fae144fdb338764cfc39d586.jpg

• Like 2

Spoiler

67d8defb32859d7ec96e661200dea6f7.jpg

Duuuuude....How many times have I told you that that specific picture stays in The Vault! What else are are the old Disney movies gonna look at? That one alllllmost made it on the cover of Maxim.

Deadwolf

• Like 2

Spoiler