Countess D'If - Detrimental Reliance

Countess D'If

I got some goals. They mainly involve me surviving law school. I've been doing OKish, but I got struck down by a cold that would not quit and that threw me off my schedule and I tend to REALLY suck when I get off schedule. This last week I've been reorientating and we're in good shape, I think.

So this month, I would like to continue the streak, but I also need to work on my reaction to myself. I'm seeing a crazy doctor to get some of my shit together (my shit tends to be all over the place) and we are working on not my behavior, but my reaction to my behavior. I am very unkind to myself and that's no fun.

My goals : not to be so fat and unhealthy. More quantifiably, I want to be under 200lbs. I think I'm back to 230. I've been too stressed and busy to check, also I don't really need to, nor do I want to, know.

I don't really have a challenge parameters as much as a challenge schedule which looks like :

Monday : hard core at the gym because I have a FIVE HOUR break between classes.

Tues, Wed, Thurs : Master the stairs for 20/30 minutes. I'm slowly upping the speed and length on the stairmaster. I still hate it.

Friday : hard core at the gym again.

Then there's some law school stuff, reading, writing, surviving.

More later, just had a super energy crash (what? it's been a long day)

• Like 7

currently dying of lactic aid. NBD.

I am so excited that the gym has TRX bands! Ima use those on Mondays and Fridays. They are going to be super unpleasant and I will be whinging about it here.

I need to maybe have a No Soda During on Weekdays sort of goal. I'm noticing more and more soda sneaking into my life. And The Marine is also sneaking more and more candy into my life, too. What a jerk. I don't know why I continue to not only take it from him but then I also proceed to eat it. I don't even like it that much!

• Like 4

My man does that with the candy too... he hasn't in about a month though. I think I finally convinced him that we BOTH need to stop eating crap! LOL 

I'm gonna follow your thread as usual! :) 

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

commence lurkage

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I was just reading about how the daily recommended amount of refined sugar is less than what is in a can of coke! (AHA recommends no more than 25 g of refined sugar and a can of coke has 44 g).

Cutting out soda seems like it is going to suck the life out of you, but if you can do it - it totally gets easier! 

Also, joining the "my husband / boyfriend buys me sweets" club. Just because I say I want it doesn't mean I want to eat it.

• Like 2

Water Kefier can be a good alternative to soda

stalking you again (of course)

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Aww man there is a whole lot of smack talk about yourself in this thread.... And we've only just started the challenge.

In the interest of balance I'm going to follow along and bring some rainbows to the pity party.

Law School sucks man (I just finished 3 weeks ago). Have you seen dead pool? Because I like to think of it as a torture that you put yourself through so that your genes mutate and you gain superpowers. I look the same, but I'm not the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD which may explain a lot

• Like 2

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy

At least now you know which one to use as a weapon if the need arises?

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Y'all - I just legit hurt my hand trying to pick up my constitutional law book.

Sounds like you need to work on your form. It's a constitutional deadlift. Lift with the legs :-p

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy

New (old) goal - stop eating like a dick head on the weekends. Example: just ate a whole box of cinnamon toast crunch. Don't get me wrong, it was delicious, but now I have the diabetus.

Man I so miss cereal!

Have a great challenge Countess and if it makes you feel better I hate the F'ing stairmaster as well!

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

I often miss cereal too...

I used to eat cereal 1-2 meals a day, like, every day for the first 28 years of my life. A year ago I gave it up pretty much cold turkey (since last May I have probably had 4-5 bowls total). I remember throwing out (donating) the boxes I had in the cupboard (b/c I kept a several week supply on hand), it was a sad day. But I can't complain about the results. I mean, this morning for breakfast I had 3 eggs and 5 strips of bacon, and it was less calories and a lot more nutritious than my old "me's" normal breakfasting habits.

I wish you much strength & resolve on your not eating like a dick head goals. (I totally ate like a dick head this past weekend too... 2 "servings" of chocolate mud cake and way way way too much to drink on Saturday).

• Like 2

Level 14 -- Yeti Ranger -- STR 30.25 | DEX 12.00 | STA 21.00 | CON 14.75 | WIS 18.00 | CHA 7.50

Current Challenge -- Previous Challenges -- My Epic Quest -- Album of Holding -- About Me

I see what you did there. 

I believe in you!!

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi