Bouncer' Conquest! In real life & Minecraft

Fairly_Bouncer

17 hours ago, Bouncer333 said:

Been dancing because I feel so good!

Got a call about an hour ago, from Jeffers Petroglyphs. Ready to ask em to come tomorrow! EEEH!

Yay!

Let us know how it went. Hopefully awesomely. 

Maybe you could do multiple part time jobs? I know someone who has a regular part time job and then fills in the rest of the hours working for a temping agency. 

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

4 hours ago, stealthstitcher said:

Yay!

Let us know how it went. Hopefully awesomely. 

Maybe you could do multiple part time jobs? I know someone who has a regular part time job and then fills in the rest of the hours working for a temping agency. 

Sadly the tour guide interview was canceled (during my pre-interview), because the manager who wanted to also be there for the interview was sick. Unable to meet tomorrow because of the ugly forecast. So I have to wait till Monday! Well somewhere in the universe there was a need fro me to wait a little longer.

Pre-interview, the person who was there (with all my career support system), ended up having a brainstorm session toward good places to look at for job openings. Pretty much finally seeing more options on where I want to go.

So yeah, a week for me to wait, but have things actively to work on, past the "what ifs".

• Like 1

Personfied/Comissioned Druid Avatar by EzratheButt

This gives you time to read up on background information!!!  

I'm hoping to be back home safe and sound by the time the snow and wind pick up.  Enjoy winter's last "Hurray!!"

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

6 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

This gives you time to read up on background information!!!  

I'm hoping to be back home safe and sound by the time the snow and wind pick up.  Enjoy winter's last "Hurray!!"

Yeah hope you get home safely, I slept into noon after I worked out this morning (figured sleep is better then eating my energy). Finally opened my shades... so pretty. xD (Especially with the very round robins holding their eggs) The lion has showed up once more!

Yes reading... I love how I wish to avoid soon as its brought up xD

Having myself listen to the Hunger Games series as I work on house keep. (Finding Katniss's background story almost too relatable).

Hoping to watch the first trilogy of Star Wars all the way through, along with doing other stuff for fun (like getting caught up on forums once more).

Facebook is blocked (or at least logged out of) so the time I do put toward stuff isn't terribly used up for strolling in the icky pages of my facebook.

Also note for myself, had a bit of anxiety when doing my strength training, kept hearing a car running but no lights outside. And I heard something (could have been a cat). Where I workout is full windowed so it could simply be, I was there earlier then usual and was hearing new noises compared to what I'm used to. Had to keep telling myself I'm safe, and if I get any advances from men in the later days its most likely because of Spring and I'm standing taller.

This was also the only morning I didn't take my meds before I left for exercise... wondering if that's a factor also.

Good news! I'm not quite strong enough for modified push-ups every time, but am able to get through the exercises quickly and less painfully as I stretched out my muscles this last week. Will be adding another set on Friday:

Strength Training:

Recruit Workout From NFA:

10x Push Ups (mostly wall push ups (go the lowest I can go without pain, and try to go straight). Have been able to trade with 4 modified push-ups at most.

15xBodyweigt Squats

10x One Arm Dumbbell Rows (5lbs only at the moment, planning to buy heavier, using flexing back muscles to release tension)

20x Bodyweight Lunges

:15 Planks (have gone up to 18 sec by accident)

• Like 2

Where are you doing your strength training??  Can you buddy up with anyone to/from the gym??  Being safe is no joke ... listen to your instincts (and take your meds on schedule ... do you need to take them with food?).  

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

1 hour ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

Where are you doing your strength training??  Can you buddy up with anyone to/from the gym??  Being safe is no joke ... listen to your instincts (and take your meds on schedule ... do you need to take them with food?).  

I'm only doing bodyweight strength training in a open room at my apartments that allow me to be loud as I need to be.

Sadly I don't have anyone to workout with right now, though I really have no worries. I know personally its my own anxiety getting in the way, and have found out in the end if anything people are noticing I'm getting up earlier and actually doing something... (Or something else common like that). The issues of having anxiety and being hypersensitive in a normal basis (keeps me safe when I need it, but can be darn annoying when I freak myself out).

Yeah trying to take meds seriously as I mess up my normal clock (5 am is probably the only time I can take them regularly). Its not a must to be taken with food, but by how they kick in an hour later I need to eat something but all I want to do is go to bed...

• Like 2

That should be safe enough.  

I struggle with illogical anxiety at times.  My husband tries to reason me out of it, but it doesn't work and often just makes it worse.  Perhaps a consistent routine will help your mind settle down in time.  

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

23 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

That should be safe enough.  

I struggle with illogical anxiety at times.  My husband tries to reason me out of it, but it doesn't work and often just makes it worse.  Perhaps a consistent routine will help your mind settle down in time.  

Glad you can understand, I hope so too. I just find it funny how I find it safer to walk in the dark early morning while strength training leaves me too much to handle. 

Another challenge is closed.... Finally to see where I ended up. I ended up losing track half way, which shows me one of my goals is to complete one of these four week challenges. I personally just realized I didn't look at the weekly challenge in the guild chat either... Kind of intrigues me, since I feel like this week quickly went by or never happened. Can only think first week exercise thinking.

Looking over my monthly goals is interesting. I know the Minecraft goals where lost in the dust as my interests change, or even my attention span has been off when trying to do something productive.

Batcave- giving myself a C. I learned how much I can complete, but also seen what small parts I need to work daily. While also noticing how the stress of "needing to get things done" slowed me down and some days dead in my tracks. I pretty much know now I know what I need to get done, some days I'll need more of a push/challenge. While others I'll do just the basics.

My hope is to one day be able to pick up after myself daily, but reading some articles on ADHD that is also a standard I need to relax on. What I need to worry about is the best way I can care for myself. Which ends with me having my bedroom and kitchen either being a terrible mess or spotless depending on where my goals are. While the living room has its own story to tell.

Pedometer - Giving myself a B, because I did have one missed day before I lost it. And then took me awhile to figure out my "boss fight". I do believe walking 4,000 daily mega helped with my endurance (along with daily chores), that I was actually impressed by how easy it was to get into this exercise routine compared to past attempts.

Physical Therapy - A!! I rocked this, yes I had a handful of hiccups. But this was the best challenge by far in the past six months on keeping up with my different physical therapies. To the point I see muscles! My arms are part of my strength, and now working on modifed pushups as I can see myself actually climbing things in July. The next walls will be to keep up with strength training, but I know sooner then later I'm going to hit one of my goals this year do an actual PUSHUP.

Career - D. Lowest score, chores look amazing compared to what I did career wise. But I did turn in up to 3 applications, made progress with my career coach, and got a call back to what I know would be a dream summer job for me. School wise... ugh. So much anxiety around just having to call. I figured out the library fine, but it took me several weeks just to actually call about another bump in the road (called yesterday, they didn't call back till today. Not even going to deal with until Monday). I really despise this inbetween part.

Bonuses:

-Went to 2 public social gatherings (one in town, and one out of town but in Anthropology, which career wise probably helped).

-Found My Boss Fight for the next 4 months. Which had me start a strength train, and walking plan. Along with starting to track my sugar today.

-Actually had a good month of staying in touch with fellow Rebels.

Personally really glad I have a week off before the next "challenge." Planning to make my Warrior Dash thread in the Daily battles to keep track as that as a bigger picture. Been finding all my challenge threads have been messy in the end (like my living room!), hope to come up with a clearer plan to look back on.

I however can successfully say this is the longest I've been on this site contentiously! Whoop! Or any Fitness Sites! WHOOP!

Tell you the truth I have no idea where I would health wise if it wasn't for this site. I see a clearer path with at least my fitness, even if everything else is scrambled.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Insomnia2020 said:

hey somebody on here should make a minecraft server, it would be fun.

…and i wouldn’t have to play by myself anymore

Hehe you found one of my olides, I know there has been a few servers around. Just depends on people sticking to it and playing. 

And sadly I don't think I kept up with this challenge well!

But if you want to brainstorm feel free to message me, I personally end up making too many rules for my gaming experience and I'm a tad terrible on Minecraft

I personally won't be be able to play until at least September due to a job/lack of internet. 

And Welcome to NerdFitness! 

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/1115-level-1-first-time-challengers/

New challenges are on week Zero and this link is a great place to start for newcomers!