Ladylydia Unbound Again

ladylydia

So.......I'm done with the Bar.  I won't know my results for six weeks, but in the mean time I can focus on my fitness again, Hooray!   During the last challenge, I had goals; they weren't really a priority...because studying. I mainly was doing the challenge to keep myself form going too nuts, and to attempt healthiness during bar prep.  But for this challenge,  I'm no longer studying.  (And if I did the Bar exam right, I'll never have to study again.)   So I can really focus on the challenge this time and make some significant progress. 

As I didn't master them in February, my goals for March are largely the same as last time; but a few more nuances.

Goal 1. Water--Five or more glasses of water a day

Goal 2  Carbs---Five or less carbs a day.  I also want to cut my dinner portions in half, and stop eating after 8 pm. But for this month, I'll only score the carbs and be mindful about the others. 

Goal 3. Walking--1 mile or more a day, six days a week.  I miss walking, and so I shall miss it no more!

Goal 4. PL--Progressive push ups and squats 4x a week on non- workout days.  I don't really remember where i left off for these, so I'll start over with 35.

Goal 5  Workouts-- Full body workouts, 3x a week lasting twelve to fifteen minutes. (For now.)

• Like 3

Level 17 Ranger Monk 

Str- 10, Dex-8, Sta-7, Con-11, Wis-68, Cha-43

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Challenge

Battlelog 

Week 1:   water-2/7,  carbs-3/7, walking-6/6,  PL-4/4,  workout-1/3    Overall-60%

28%           42%           100%           100%         33%

Week 2:   water-2/7, carbs-4/7,  walking-4/6,  PL-0/4,  workout-3/3    Overall- 50%

28%           57&            66%            0%           100%

Week 3:   water-4/7, carbs-4/7,  walking-3/6.  PL-2/4,  workout-1/3     Overall-49%

57%          57%              50%        50%         33%

Week 4,  water-3/7, carbs--2/7,  walking--5/6, PL-3/4, workout-1/3      Overall--49%

42%            14%             83%          75%          33%

Level 17 Ranger Monk 

Current Challenge

Battlelog 

Found you, I'll be following along again.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Totally missed you last challenge until like yesterday (I'm such a slacker)!

Just a caution on carbs - I'd be a bit more specific on that goal. Are you saying 5 servings of carbs per day? There are a lot of foods that have carbs that might impact this number. It might be a better idea to try to stay under a specific g goal.

My fingers are crossed for you on the bar!

Totally missed you last challenge until like yesterday (I'm such a slacker)!

Just a caution on carbs - I'd be a bit more specific on that goal. Are you saying 5 servings of carbs per day? There are a lot of foods that have carbs that might impact this number. It might be a better idea to try to stay under a specific g goal.

My fingers are crossed for you on the bar!

Hi Sylvaa,

Yes, I'm aiming for 5 servings of carbs or less.  I know there are a lot of things that are technically carbs, like fruit and some dairy items; but what i mean are complex starchy carbs, i.e. breads, rice,and other grains, tubers, also anything man-made with with high amount of sugar.   I'm not in a place to measure grams or other weights regarding my food, so i tend to stick (or at least attempt) the "hand portion" rules. where starchy carbs should only be the size of one's hand, (or a cupped hand if loose). 

• Like 1

Level 17 Ranger Monk 

Current Challenge

Battlelog 

OK, so yesterday was pretty busy with household stuff, i got my mile walk, but didn't get to much else and my water was low. Carbs were high because of where we went for dinner and we got some Cadbury eggs.

water-3, carbs-8, walk-1 mile. PL-no, workout no.

Today was better, walk, proper carbs, and PL, but water still low and no workout.

water-3, carbs-5, walk-1 mile. PL-35, workout-no.

• Like 2

Level 17 Ranger Monk 

Current Challenge

Battlelog 

Such a good day today. Met all my goals except the walking goal (was just too busy with errands and ran out of daylight). 

water-6, carbs-5, walk-no, PL-36, workout-12 min. body weight

12 min. 50 sec. each

reverse lunge and front kick R-11

reverse lunge and front kick L-10

dynamic squats-18

side leg lifts- 24

side  v-crunch R-32

side v-crunch L-20

leg levers-13

crunches-19

reverse lunges and front kick R-10,

reverse lunges and front kick L- 11

dynamic squats- 14

side leg lifts-24

The last time I did this workout was two years ago, some sets, not all, improved.   That's cool. 

Light yoga.

Xena was right, good day for a workout.

• Like 5

Level 17 Ranger Monk 

Current Challenge

Battlelog 

Well I started well today, got my walk in early; but then the day kind of got away from me. While I got a lot of chores done, didn't manage a workout.  Also water was low and carbs were high.

water-3, carbs-7, walk-1 mile, PL-no, workout-no.

Level 17 Ranger Monk 

Current Challenge

Battlelog 

At least you did your domestic Rangering.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Not a particularly eventful day today, I made and canned a lot of applesauce and apple jelly. But i did manage to get in a walk and a my PL; water was low but carbs were good. I got in a half mile more for my walk then I expected, I hadn't planned to up the distance for another two weeks.  I found this encouraging, it might not take as long as I thought to build back up.  There is a jungle gym with a good spot for low pull ups and tricep dips along the path i walk.  I didn't do many, but i figure its a good start. 

water-3, carbs-4, walk-1 1/2 mile, PL-37, workout-no.

5 low pull ups with bent knees,  and 10 second tricep dip hold

• Like 3

Level 17 Ranger Monk 

Current Challenge

Battlelog 

Busy day today; at some point things should calm down enough for me to something more than a basic update. Half of goals met today, water was good, carbs were bad. I didn't get my usual walk, but I pushed a wheelchair around and around the mall, so I'm going to count that even though I'm not sure on the mileage. Jumped up a few reps on the PL because, why not; and didn't quite manage the workout.

water-5, carbs-9, walk- 1 mile?, PL-40, workout-no.

• Like 1

Level 17 Ranger Monk 

Current Challenge

Battlelog 

Got in a walk yesterday but not much else. so that brings last weeks total to:

Week 1:   water-2/7,  carbs-3/7, walking-6/6,  PL-4/4,  workout-1/3   Overall-75%

Today water was still low, but carbs were good. Got a mile and half walk, 10 low pull ups, and 20 sec. static tricep hold. I might be able to do real tricep dips by the end of the month, instead of just holding the starting position.

water-3, carbs-5, walk-1 1/2 mile, PL-no, workout-no.

Every day I tell myself I'll do a proper workout, I'll even change into my workout clothes and....time just slips away from me. I really want to get around to more then just one workout this week.

• Like 3

Level 17 Ranger Monk 

Current Challenge

Battlelog 

You got one workout, that's infinitely better than everyone else who didn't get off the couch last week. This week, shoot for 2 workouts.

• Like 2

I feel you on missed workouts. Everybody tries to sell everyone else on how short a workout can be, and as a result there's a huge temptation to just not do it, because it's so short and you know, you could just do it any old time and here's a distraction.

But hey. You got one done. Awesome. Echoing Tanktimus. Shoot for 2 this week.

• Like 1

Didn't walk yesterday, the sky kept threatening rain and i didn't want to be caught in it. I should have walked anyway because it didn't rain, just like the forecast said it wouldn't; but I listened to the clouds instead, and the clouds lied.  I'm walking early today to make sure.  I almost had good water yesterday, carbs were good, no PL, and no workout.

water-4 1/2, carbs-5, walk-no, PL- no, workout-no.

• Like 2

Level 17 Ranger Monk 

Current Challenge

Battlelog