Antimony, Starting Out

Antimony

Hello! I've gotten on my own to a point where healthy eating is basically effortless, and I can at least get myself in the gym once or twice a week. I have a long ways to go before I can call myself 'fit', 'strong', or even truly 'healthy', so let's just jump right in!

Food Goal:

• Stop eating the dang peanut butter right out of the dang jar!
Exercise Goals:
  • Find a good bodyweight routine that works with my schedule, and stick to it!
  • Stationary bike/road bike (weather permitting) 20 mins/day, 2+ days/week
Lifestyle Goal:
  • Drive a little less aggressively
I'm excited to see how my first challenge goes! :D
  • Like 3

Welcome to the Rebellion!!!

There are a bunch of free bodyweight training routines in the Resources section of Nerd Fitness.  See if one fits your goals and schedule!!

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Welcome Antimony!

First off my normal disclaimer:

In the two-ish years I've been on the forums one very important thing has made itself clear to me. You get out of it what you put in! Saying that, I encourage you to seek out a couple other members here and follow along with them and offer support when and where you can, together we are all stronger!

I must admit, I have a jar of peanut butter here at work with a spoon in it for those days I just need a little something extra <g>.

I love your "bonus challenge", maybe getting out of bed early will be a good thing for you? Best of luck this challenge!

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

I got a surprise bonus challenge! My friend busted his car so I have to drive him to and from class for a few weeks, which interferes with my normal workout time. I can do bodyweight stuff any time at home, but now I gotta drag myself out of bed and do cardio in the morning! 

Urgh!!!  You definitely get bonus points for a good deed.  

I used to eat Nutella out of the jar .... so I stopped buying it.  

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

I love the "drive less aggressively" goal. I find myself yelling at people all the time while I'm driving. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I love the "drive less aggressively" goal. I find myself yelling at people all the time while I'm driving. 

You may need to change the music you're listening to .....   :playful:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Antimony said:

I haven't been checking in because I'm not sure how well I fit in with this forum.

Fair enough. I'm not really a forum person, myself. It took me awhile to figure out if I'd hang around this one, and even now that I'm a regular, there are large swaths of the forums in which I cannot comfortably fit.

4 hours ago, Antimony said:

I'd give myself an A so far though!

A is good. Is two more than C.

Jothra

i | ii | iii | iv | v | vi | vii | viii

Well, the Rebel forum is for all of the folks who are not sure where they belong .... so, this is perfect for you!!!  Long term, I'd say you might be an Assassin because of the bodyweight workout, but you should look around and see if you can find a forum that seems to gel for you.  

Forums are a place to get (and give) support if/when you need it in order to make the changes in YOUR life that YOU want.  And to get advice if you want it.  Too many of us don't have supportive friends and family on the journey to become stronger and healthier.  Our society (at least in the US), does not support healthy food and exercise choices.  That's why the Nerd Fitness community exists - to be the people who say that YOU CAN make lasting changes.  So stop by here when you need to hear that message.  Or to ask how others have solved some of the challenges that you WILL run into.  

We're the Nerd Fitness Community, we're here to help.  

• Like 1