The Great Hall: Ranger General Chatter

DarK_RaideR

These short cycles are hard to keep up with! I missed the last one, blinked, and we're already ready to go again!

• Like 2

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Happy First-Day-of-the-Challenge Day!

So, utterly unrelated to anything, I've been nicking someone's mustard here at work, just a little bit here and there. There was no name on it, so I didn't even know who to ask about it even if I were to try and be legit about it. Perfect crime. But I felt bad so I bought some mustard and refilled their bottle this morning. 

When refilling it, I felt horribly guilty and even hid both the bottles when I heard someone come up the hall in case they came into the lunchroom. Some things you just don't feel like explaining.

I know that's not a Ranger move (because I'm assuming a good Ranger would just have their own! LOL). It's like a...terrible reverse sneak thief move...

So...yeah, there's a good idea of who you just let into your guild! ><

• Like 6

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

So, utterly unrelated to anything, I've been nicking someone's mustard here at work, just a little bit here and there. There was no name on it, so I didn't even know who to ask about it even if I were to try and be legit about it. Perfect crime. But I felt bad so I bought some mustard and refilled their bottle this morning. 

When refilling it, I felt horribly guilty and even hid both the bottles when I heard someone come up the hall in case they came into the lunchroom. Some things you just don't feel like explaining.

I know that's not a Ranger move (because I'm assuming a good Ranger would just have their own! LOL). It's like a...terrible reverse sneak thief move...

You used stealth to right a wrong, that seems Rangerly to me.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

It wasn't me.

Mustard_Guy.jpg

• Like 7

Rangering since Sept 2015

I said that I was sitting this challenge out...... But I can't do it!!

I just wanna Ranger.

So if you want to follow me on my international adventure across Europe I'll be over here on my challenge thread http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/79253-Tankgrrl::-International-woman-of-mystery

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD which may explain a lot

• Like 6

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy

*sigh* 3 seems to be my magickal number today for pages on threads...(aka:how am i ever gonna keep up?)

• Like 4

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

You used stealth to right a wrong, that seems Rangerly to me.

Hmmm, that's a nice way to frame it!

It wasn't me.

Mustard_Guy.jpg

ROFLMAO OMG, YES!!

• Like 2

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

Fixed

71AF6z5CkBL._SX425_.jpg

• Like 6

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Is anyone else's Epic Quest page getting real crowded? I have 30 separate quests for this Challenge alone, most of them things like "1 XP for doing this habit every day week 1", repeated for all Challenge habits for all weeks...

I thought about doing it that way first, then opted to just have the big goals on the list, and not every single step to get there. The steps I just track every challenge on a private spreadsheet, and when I reach one of the big goals, I tick it off on the Epic Quest thing.

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Is anyone else's Epic Quest page getting real crowded? I have 30 separate quests for this Challenge alone, most of them things like "1 XP for doing this habit every day week 1", repeated for all Challenge habits for all weeks...

I started down that road last challenge.  But then I decided to basically keep the epic quest separate from my challenge.  I have more long term stuff on my epic quest or hard to reach goals.  My challenges work alongside my epic quest but with SMARTer goals that are tracked more religiously and graded on a scale.  The epic quest is pass/fail.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I started down that road last challenge. But then I decided to basically keep the epic quest separate from my challenge. I have more long term stuff on my epic quest or hard to reach goals. My challenges work alongside my epic quest but with SMARTer goals that are tracked more religiously and graded on a scale. The epic quest is pass/fail.

This.

I've kept the epic quest for major goals like "Have a 30 minute conversation in Cantonese"

The smart breakdown goals to get me there like "Practice 10 min per day" will go into my challenges

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD which may explain a lot

• Like 1

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy