Miw_Sher

I am typing this up in a rush since I need to be at a friend's in an hour for study purposes and likely won't be able to check in for the weekend. So, this will be my first guild challenge. Well, I hung out with the Adventurers two challenges ago, when it was still slightly less defined in its purposes, but that challenge was cut short by moving countries and never saw an end. So... I am really excited, this is a big step.

Tags system based on:
http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/77949-incipient-order-of-taggers-lets-hack-the-tag-system-for-good/

I love the idea, go support htem. :)

*SPACE SAVED FOR INTRODUCTORY BLURB*

Overall Goal: Incorporate fitness in my daily life.

Like many technomancers, I spend hours at a time sitting in front of a computer, a trait that is exacerbated by the fact that my particular trade involves 3D modeling and animation, which means hours at a time can easily mean 10-14 hours depending on the project I am currently working on. I have already started feeling the effects, and I don't think anything but daily exercise is going to counteract them.

[Goal 1] : Balancing

Include 10 minutes of handstand practice and support practice in my daily routine.

I have been ignoring this part of the Reddit Recommended Routine that I am currently following. I had planned to include it in my daily routine rather than as a workout, but that has not happened yet.

For handstand, I will start with crow practice. Moving on to handstand once I manage to hold a crow for 30 seconds or more.

[Goal 2]: 30 Days of Change

I have been focussing on bodyweight strength and building up a routine for the past couple of months, now I wish to incorporate running into it. I really love the feeling running gives me, and I have sorely missed it.

To build this up, will be following Darebee's 30 Days of Change.

POSTPONED: due to an excessively charged timetable, I will be waiting to finish Foundations before doing hits one.

[Goal 3]: Eat Your Protein

I eat realtively healthily thanks to a lifetime of conditioning in the form of my mom. However, due to family history, we don't consume much meat, and this combined with being tight on finances these months, means I am not getting nearly enough protein as I should.

Since getting enough protein is something I find hard in first place (the idea of eating meat at every meal, which would be the easiest way, is just... really foreign to me... I don't even eat meat once a day, and red meat is even rarer) and i am not used to working meat, tofu and fish (which are luxury good here) in my budget, I will start with hitting a protein goal three days a week.

In short: eat 103g of protein at least three days a week.

[Life Goal]: Discipline

Beat procrastination and distraction.

I have come up with a reward system where I give myself points every time I get to work when I should and don't muck about or procrastinate my tasks. I can then spend these points to award myself time off, holiday, etc. (Aside from scheduled rest days and breaks that are already in my schedule - I DO have those, do not worry)

The point system goes as follows:

Points Gained:

1 pt: every hour I work on a scheduled task without distractions
0,5 pts: every hour I work on a scheduled task but have other stuff going on int he Background; e.g; Facebook or Better Call Saul.
5pts: waking up without snoozing.

Rewards:

25pts: Small Reward (watch one episode of a favourite series/muck about for an hour)

100pts: Big Reward (Day off, Spa Treatment, etc.)

1000 pts: One Week Holiday.

Easy enough, no? Ah! But there is a catch - every hour I procrastinate, my opponent; the Evil Monkey that is also harassing Briniel, gets 5 points. And if at the end of the week the Monkey has more points than I do - well, I haven't decided wet what will happen, but something will happen!

That is all, see you all soon! :)

• Like 3

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

Following! I like your protein challenge. My mom is vegetarian, so I also grew up not eating much meat, and finding good protein sources that I find pleasant to eat multiple times a day and that fits within our budget is a real challenge.

• Like 1

only what you take with you

Challenges: Starstuff Wars Episode I, II, III, IV, V, VI  

NF character ~ Fitbit ~ Strava ~ Smashrun ~ MyFitnessPal

Food Log

Welcome to the Assassins! Can't wait to see how you do this challenge. I'm also excited to hear about your life goal point system. :)

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Hey hey! Sorry all of ya! I won't be able to give you those much-requested details just now. I am flooded with work.

The good news is I am feeling the rush of excitement again I get once I have a lot of things going on that I enjoy doing. Which is good. I had completely lost motivation last month! :D

The next good news is that Day1 passed splendidly in terms of the challenge... except balancing. I forgot balancing this morning. I will make up for it by doing it before I go to bed. I also added a reminder in my ^phone for tomorrow.

• Like 2

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

No worries. Busy is good :)
Glad to hear your first day went well. I forgot to weigh myself this morning and don't trust the reading after breakfast and my first 05,l of water. So I'll make up for it tomorrow morning (I weigh once a week, so it should be fine).

I hope your week will continue to pass splendidly :)

• Like 1

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Welcome to official assassining!  :D

Sadly I don't have a lot of tips to give on the protein front as I tend to eat meat daily and I have a protein shake for breakfast (milk + protein powder of choice. I was using a whey protein one before and I am currently trying out a blend that is why/casein/egg white now and is CAKE FLAVORED NOM.)

Do you do eggs? Eggs are a good protein source!

• Like 3

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Hey hey!

sadly, still no detailed post. I am completely braindead due to a day of UV unwrapping. Which is 3D modeling default torture mode. I just want to crawl in bed and sleep.

A few things - I started balancing and WOW was it way more taxing than I expected. I did not last through the 10 minutes. I guess that is something else I will have to build up to.

The second thing is that I discovered 30 days of change to be far more demanding that I thought my knee is being a pain - literally, and still in the weirdest ways possible. It doesn't hurt during physical activity, but it will when I am sitting. I am making a doctor appointment tomorrow to know what the heck is going on, and i also decided to put off 30 days of Change until I am actually finished with Foundations. Physically, doing them both does not present an issue, but they don't fit in my current schedule time-wise.

So that's that. Tomorrow I don't have class anymore so I can take it a bit easier tomorrow and anwser to comments and give actualy updates and so! :D

• Like 3

Ugh, not you, too! I had another appointment with the doctor and he still doesn't know what's wrong with my knees. I had more bloodwork done and have an appointment to make custom inlays for my shoes.... I'm really curious whether that'll help, but I'm not allowed to go running until we've figured things out. I hope your appointment is more conclusive than mine.

I started adding balance practice whenever there's a slight pause in momentum. Like between sets of my workout. It both helps to stay on track and not get dragged into dark playground territority and already helps with my balancing powers.

• Like 1

I am completely braindead due to a day of UV unwrapping. Which is 3D modeling default torture mode. I just want to crawl in bed and sleep.

UV unwrapping truly IS torture! omg those texturing long nights and early mornings! 

Heheh, if you have the chance, you'll find rotoscoping to be its brother. But hold your fist high!

Hope your knee gets better D:

Hugs!

• Like 1

Apprentice of Intent .  Lvl X Druidu Bronze IV

Epic Quest | Battle Log | Current Challenge

' Who has the time to stall reaching hus highest potential? Death tells me "I'm a fickle thing, and I see you." ' •Aerisand

I have had three very shitty days in terms of exercising. As in, I was not able to fully work towards my goals since Wednesday. I just feel exhausted.

Today I managed to do the strict indispensable - foundation day 24. I have not done any bodyweight routine though. The plus side is that the knee got better.

Also, I am done with UV unwrapping THANKS GOD.

• Like 1

Woot, knees everywhere are getting better today!

The week's almost over, let's take note of our overall performance in it, and make it next week's goal to do, if at least, just a tad better  ;)

' Who has the time to stall reaching hus highest potential? Death tells me "I'm a fickle thing, and I see you." ' •Aerisand

No worries. Busy is good :)

Glad to hear your first day went well. I forgot to weigh myself this morning and don't trust the reading after breakfast and my first 05,l of water. So I'll make up for it tomorrow morning (I weigh once a week, so it should be fine).

I hope your week will continue to pass splendidly :)

Ugh, not you, too! I had another appointment with the doctor and he still doesn't know what's wrong with my knees. I had more bloodwork done and have an appointment to make custom inlays for my shoes.... I'm really curious whether that'll help, but I'm not allowed to go running until we've figured things out. I hope your appointment is more conclusive than mine.

I started adding balance practice whenever there's a slight pause in momentum. Like between sets of my workout. It both helps to stay on track and not get dragged into dark playground territority and already helps with my balancing powers.

Yeah, I still haven't managed to go there, but scheduling an appointment is top priority for next week.

Also dafuq. I did nothing yesterday and now my knee is hurting again. I really, really don't get it.

Welcome to official assassining!  :D

Sadly I don't have a lot of tips to give on the protein front as I tend to eat meat daily and I have a protein shake for breakfast (milk + protein powder of choice. I was using a whey protein one before and I am currently trying out a blend that is why/casein/egg white now and is CAKE FLAVORED NOM.)

Do you do eggs? Eggs are a good protein source!

I love eggs! They have been saving my life!

Part of the reason I am doing this challenge is to see whether or not to invest in protein powder, actually. I managed two days just fine, but the first time I felt like i was overdosing in animal products and yesterday I felt so stuffed. :/

UV unwrapping truly IS torture! omg those texturing long nights and early mornings! 

Heheh, if you have the chance, you'll find rotoscoping to be its brother. But hold your fist high!

Hope your knee gets better D:

Hugs!

Woot, knees everywhere are getting better today!

The week's almost over, let's take note of our overall performance in it, and make it next week's goal to do, if at least, just a tad better ;)

Coming right up!

And yes, my flatmate and I have concluded that the person who programmed the UV Unwrapper in 3ds Max hated 3d Artists. There is no other possible explanation. It crashed on both of us twice.

I have done rotoscoping a couple times. The only thing worse than that is rotoscoping as a result of a horribly filmed greenscreen you thought you could fix with a colorcorrect and some fine-tuning, but no, because the cameraman really is that incapable of filming properly.

I luckily want to go more into rigging and animation, eventually skinning, so I won't have to do that anymore.

Welcome the The Guild.  

I like crows.  :)   I think they'll give you a good strength foundation for your handstand goal.

They are getting easier and easier really quick as well! I don't have nearly as much trouble getting my feet off the ground anymore! :)

Following! I like your protein challenge. My mom is vegetarian, so I also grew up not eating much meat, and finding good protein sources that I find pleasant to eat multiple times a day and that fits within our budget is a real challenge.

If you have any tips, I will gladly take them!

• Like 3

Alright, so - you are probably all wondering what the heck has been going on this week, what those cryptic messages were all about, and overall how the challenge actually went. So, ok...

I am currently studying 3D animation and VFX, and for those who don't know, it is a very fun subject if you enjoy it, but it is also very, VERY time-consuming. The end of the year is coming up, so everyone is really overloaded with work trying to finish their projects. I have two going on plus three smaller ones I need to polish up a bit for my final demo-reel. On top of that, I am volunteering at a conference in a month

Finally, I am doing with massive mood swings lately that have me really motivated one day and crashing the next. In particular, I had an excellent Thursday that then came crashing down into a horrible Friday and I am only slowly recovering from now. This is not good, because it means I am even further behind on my project and messed up my challenge begin. I have learnt not to beat myself too much over it, but well...

So let's recap.

[Goal 1] : Balance - Include 10 minutes of handstand practice and support practice in my daily routine.

Erm, I actually focussed

[Goal 2]: Running follow Darebee's 30 Days of Change.

Postponed. This turned out to be a lot more intense and time-consuming than I thought it would be, so I am now focussing on finishing Foundation. That has actually been going quite decently. I missed the beat a couple of times on my low days, but overall it went quite well.

[Goal 3]: Nutrition eat 103g of protein at least three days a week.

2/3

[Life Goal]: Discipline Beat procrastination and distraction.

Ok, so brief explanation on the point system: I have basically turned this into a reward system where I allow myself distractions if I reach a certain number of points. I gain one point for every hour of concentrated work and half a point for every hour I work but muck around int he background. I was going to take myself points off every time I procrastinated, but then Briniel's post in her last challenge gave me an idea, and I decided to give myself an opponent instead. So the Monkey now gets 5 points for every hour I procrastinate.

I will write this a lot clearer in the heading.

This actually worked really well for the first few days I used it, because it allowed me to visualise the hours of work I put into the day and realise how much work I was really doing. Then Friday came and I haven't had the energy to do that ever since. I will start using it again tomorrow, but I will have to think of something I can use during the moments I am really done that allows me to keep working on this but without the added stress.

So, 4/7. Still pass. 7

Last score was:
Miw:11 pts (spent 25),
Monkey 5pts. Yaaay.

On an unrelated note, but a big, BIG woot - I reached 8 - 8 - 8 inclined push-ups in my workout the other day, so yesterday, I tried doing one full push-up... and I MADE IT. Today, I tried again and I knocked out two. YESSSS!!!!

• Like 3

Yeah, I still haven't managed to go there, but scheduling an appointment is top priority for next week.

Also dafuq. I did nothing yesterday and now my knee is hurting again. I really, really don't get it.

Do it first thing on monday morning. It's important stuff. If you don't make time for the appointment now you might have to make time for lots of pain and struggle later.

My knee hurt when moving from tabletop position into child pose today. What the hell? I switched to cat-cows instead (it was a stretch as a part of my darebee routine), but I still have no idea what's going on and it sucks.

• Like 1

WOOOOOT FOR PUSH UPS!!!! That's amazing news :D Congratulation, that's so awesome!!
Also great work on your quest against the monkey. 11/5 is a really good score considering your grading system and I really like the idea of giving half points for working but mucking around. I hope you can pick it right up from there on Monday. We all sometimes have off days and with the workload of your projects it's not surprising that you don't have a lot of energy for anything else. But you're still out there, you're still doing you're best, so that's great.

• Like 1

On an unrelated note, but a big, BIG woot - I reached 8 - 8 - 8 inclined push-ups in my workout the other day, so yesterday, I tried doing one full push-up... and I MADE IT. Today, I tried again and I knocked out two. YESSSS!!!!

This is fantastic! 

Congrats on the push ups. :) 

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

In a small update - it appears that the flu can cause joint inflammation. Pending diagnosis.

The good news is, if it is that, it will go away with some anti-inflammatory medicine.

• Like 1

In a small update - it appears that the flu can cause joint inflammation. Pending diagnosis.

The good news is, if it is that, it will go away with some anti-inflammatory medicine.

Woot! Fingers crossed.

Gosh I am absolutely exhausted, I decided to take a day off school work to get back into my challenge and rest a bit. I tried reading through the topics I have subbed but I just keep drifting off.

I will do my workout tonight and then it is straight to bed for me. Hopefully that will get me some energy for tomorrow. I am really just dragging myself forward here.

I am sorry I am failing to be active and supportive to others here.

Started taking meds.

I am also finding it easier to meet my protein goal. I made an experiment yesterday - I tried drinking a high-protein shake in the morning and see what happened. Turns out I hit my protein goal despite my lunch being much lower on protein than I thought. So htat's good, and it is slowly making me edge towards buying protein powder for next month.

• Like 3