• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Luciana Valerosa Culming

Luciana Valerosa Culming proceeds on

Wow, this challenge was fast. I'll finish this week and post details on Sunday.

1. Tibetans

2. Meditation

3. Daily study related tasks

Sidequest:

No sweets

I wanted to make this one fancy, but than I realised I'm away for 10 days during the challenge. I'll try to stay with these goals during the challenge.

• Like 3

No need to be fancy. Just get it done. :)

And now I have to restructure this week, because of a cold. Yesterday I only got a few study related stuff done. But I didn't do my Tibetans and meditation was only three minutes. :/ At least no sweets at role play night. Yesterday I just felt tired, so I still went to role play. But today I already went through half a package of hankerchiefs. *le sigh* I hope I feel better soon. I have lessons Until Friday. If I miss them, I can't write the second paper this summer and I'll have to retake the course.

Goals for week one:

1) Get stuff done:

- chose new lessons

- pack my bag for the journey next week

- make the calls and get two appointments (Always called during lunch break. Wrote a post-it for Monday.)

- grocery shopping for my bf

- laundry

- prepare tablet, I need the books for my paper next week

-Briefwahl

- homework for lecture

- have to copy the role play diary before next Monday, because I won't be with them for the session.

- cook something with the vegetables my bf won't eat and put it in the fridge for after my trip made ratatoile

2) no sweets

3) meditate at least five times this week. Every minute counts.

• Like 1

Ah, the winter --> spring sicknesses. It feels like we just got past the 'dead of winter' illnesses, and before that was the fall --> winter ones.

Bah. Late spring/summer/early fall is the only good season.

Fühl dich bald besser! =)

• Like 1

Hey, that's okay! It's a temporary structure. You aren't stuck with it. Use it to your advantage and pursue those activities and eating patterns that will help you to recover.

No sweets since February 20

12/42 days

28%
28%

Meditation:

Monday: 3 minutes, unguided

Tuesday: 10 minutes, unguided

Wednesday: 3 minutes, unguided

Friday: 10 minutes, guided

Saturday: 20 minutes, guided

Sunday: 4 minutes guided (fell asleep in the middle)

Still a lot of tasks on my to-do-list. At least the cold symptoms are less anoying. This week is super busy. See you next week.

• Like 2

12/42 days

28%
28%

Meditation:

Still a lot of tasks on my to-do-list. At least the cold symptoms are less anoying. This week is super busy. See you next week.

Doing great on your reduced-sugar challenge! Keep it up :D

Doing great on your reduced-sugar challenge! Keep it up :D

Yesterday was especially hard. We weren't allowed to bring our own food to the role play day and the healthiest option was french fries. (Ok, not true. The leathiest option was not eating anything.) I'm glad I ate beforehand. Otherwise I would have gotten myself some snacks, too.

• Like 1

I can't believe it has been a year already. I wanted to lose weight and get more stamina again. I wanted to be content with myself. I think today is a good day to reflect a little.

I lost these five kilos and gained two of them back. I think I should take my measurements again soon.

I got nearer to doing ten pushups in one set.

I challenged myself to do a three minute plank.

I managed to integrate vegetables in my eating habits again. It really doesn't matter, if I'm the only one here, who enjoys eating them.

I counted calories for a while and really hated it. But at least I learned to watch my calory intake and I still use these skills from time to time. This was really useful for discuvering, that I'm not always eating too much. There are also a lot of days, when I don't eat enough.

I discovered Tai Chi and meditation.

I went swimming for one summer.

Non fitness:

I think I can handle stress more healthy now.

I faced my own anxieties.

I managed to find a way to talk to other students who want to become teachers. After switching universities I had trouble making new friends. I already had a group of nerd friends and somehow had to much prejudice against prospective teachers.

What didn't work so well:

Training myself in fencing.

Keeping up with my fire spinning.

Doing things regularly. I'm still dropping stuff every month.

Drawing regularly. Only one challenge went well.

What I still want to improve:

My time management.

Slay the procrastination dragon.

Have faith in myself.

Small talk.

• Like 4

15/42 days

36%
36%

Meditation:

Saturday: 20 minutes, guided

Sunday: 4 minutes guided (fell asleep in the middle)

1) Get stuff done:

- chose new lessons

- pack my bag for the journey next week (last minute)

- make the calls and get two appointments(Made them this morning.)

- grocery shopping for my bf

- laundry

- prepare tablet, I need the books for my paper next week

-Briefwahl

- homework for lecture

- have to copy the role play diary before next Monday, because I won't be with them for the session.

- cook something with the vegetables my bf won't eat and put it in the fridge for after my trip made ratatoile

I would rate last week with a solid A.

I get 1 CHA, 1 WIS and 0,5 CON for this week.

• Like 2

That is a lot of progress for a year!  Congratulations!  You've learned a lot about yourself and what does or does not work for you.  It may simply not be the right time for some of them, like fencing.  You have a lot going on and need to dedicate your attention where it matters most and balances your life.

And an excellent first week to the challenge too :-)

• Like 3

Look at you, handling your priorities with deft resolve. :D Gettin' things done!

Yeah, I got up in the morning on Saturday and finished all my tasks. But I don't like my new timetable. In April I'll have to get up a lot earlier, because my lectures often take place from 8 to 10 am. That means I have to catch the train at seven and get up 5:40 am. That'll make it a lot harder to find a date for role playing. Usually I play at Sunday and Monday night. But now I have to get up early on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. :/ Perhaps I have to crash on their sofa again. Than I don't have to go by train and can sleep an hour longer.

The other problem is, that all the fitness courses are after 4 pm. So if I finish my lectures in the morning, I have to wait several hours every day.

+ I can get my homework done during this hours.

- I'll have less time with my boyfriend, because I'll have to get to bed earlier. He gets up at 8 because of Gleitzeit. He can decide when to start work as long as he starts before 12 am. Than he gets home at 8 pm and If I go to strength training I get home at haf past eight or even later. Depends on me getting my train. So if I go to bed at 10 pm, which is reasonable when I get up at 5:30, there's only time for cooking and cleaning the kitchen. I'm sure he won't be happy with that. But I really would like to continue with my sport courses. Perhaps I can convince him to get up earlier these days and use the extra hours for an evening off. I'm just not sure, if he can handle getting up that early.

That is a lot of progress for a year! Congratulations! You've learned a lot about yourself and what does or does not work for you. It may simply not be the right time for some of them, like fencing. You have a lot going on and need to dedicate your attention where it matters most and balances your life.

And an excellent first week to the challenge too :-)

Thank you, Teirin. I'm really glad about the progress. And yes, NF is all about learning about what works for yourself. It's impressive what you can get done.

-----------------------------------------------------------

This weekend was kind of a small family reunion. I visited my aunt and uncle, saw my cousins and my cousin's small kid. She's already three years and it was the first time I saw her. Such a beautiful girl. Really adorable. Made me realize again how much I love children.

+ seeing my family again

+ having lot of intresting conversations

- getting reminded that I should grow up, married, dress properly... My aunt doesn't seem to know what goth means and doesn't like my black hat and coat. But she accepts my colored hair.

Nag, nag, nag, ... You are getting thirthy soon... Nag, nag, nag. Dress like an adult, ... *sigh*

And she always tried to feed me cake. I had to convince her, that I was much too full from dinner to eat even half a piece if cake. That was so annoying. She didn't accept me not wanting anything sweet. Although religious christians are fasting this time of the year. I'm doing it for different reasons, but I thought she would let that count. She really acts like a grandmother since she has a grandchild.

At least I got my quests done on Monday. Which reminds me, to tell you my new goals.

-------------------------------------------------------

Goals for week 2

1. Do my Tibetans in the morning before 12 am at least five times this week.

4-5 times = A

3 times = B

2 times = C

Less = fail

2. Continue doing my bodyweight exercises. I want to get into doing that again, before my fitness courses start again in April. Hopefully the DOMS will be less annoying that way.

Two times a week = A

(Next week I'll aim for three times.)

3. Meditation

5 times a week = A

4. Get my reading done

Read five hundred pages this week.

5. No sweets.

For a solid A I'll get 2,5 points again. 1 CHA, 0,5 CON, 0,5 WIS and 0,5 STA

[if I get ill again, I'll aim for Tibetans two times this week or four times with less reps and drop the body weight exercises.]

Monday

No sweets: 16/42 days

38%
38%

Reading: 50/500 pages

10%
10%

Meditation: 1/5

Tibetans: 1/5

Bodyweight exercises: 0/2

Visited the Münchner Staatsoper with my aunt and saw a really good Ballett to Tschaikowsky and Brahms. Loved it.

• Like 2

Relatives, especially the older set, do tend to present a challenge for those of us who are younger and trying to get fit. Good job fending her off. I'm terrible when it comes to managing family and such. :D

You've come so far in your walk with us. And if you should ever feel like you have so much further to go, remember how far you've come. Great work.

Now keep going.

• Like 2

Wednesday

No sweets: 18/42 days

43%
43%

Reading: 347/500 pages

69%
69%

Meditation: 3/5

Monday: 2x 5 minutes (unguided)

Tuesday: 3 minutes (unguided)

Wednesday: 8 minutes (guided)

Tibetans: 3/5

Bodyweight exercises: 1/2

22 squats

22 pointed but lifts

22 fire hydrants

22 heel kicks

22 bridges

Got all my stuff done before 12 o'clock in the morning. Win! Ok, 12 hours left for no sweets. But I can do this.

• Like 4

Catching up here and I like your reflections on last year!  Definitely great improvements, fitness and nonfitness wise!  Reflecting back definitely helps focus on how to move forward with the new year while recognizing how well and far you have come :)

I am uber impressed with the sweets.  That has always been a challenge for me and you're doing so well!  Awesome work :D

• Like 1

Thursday

No sweets: 18/42 days

43%
43%

Reading: 500/500 pages

100%
100%

Meditation: 4/5

Thursday: 8 minutes (guided)

Tibetans: 4/5

Bodyweight exercises: 2/2

22 squats

22 pointed but lifts

22 fire hydrants

22 heel kicks

22 bridges

Seems I can finish my quests tomorrow.

• Like 4

Friday

No sweets: 0/42 days

0%
0%

Today I got slaughtered by my Kryptonite: Wasabi Peanuts. Just couldn't resist any longer.

Reading: 500/500 pages

100%
100%

Meditation: 5/5

Thursday: 8 minutes (guided)

Friday: 10 minutes (guided)

Tibetans: 5/5

Bodyweight exercises: 3/2

22 squats

22 pointed but lifts

22 fire hydrants

22 heel kicks

22 bridges

• Like 2

Wait, wait. In what world does wasabi count as sweet? O.o

Also, you totally should not reset your counter! You're still just on 18/42 days. Don't erase all the hard work you did already!!