• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Luciana Valerosa Culming

Luciana Valerosa Culming proceeds on

All right, it doesn't contain much sugar. But it's an unhealthy snack. And very rich in calories. So I defenitly should avoid them, too. Or learn eating smaller portions.

I'm glad I finished this weeks goals early. The cold symptons got worse again. I felt really awful in the evening. Hopefully it get's better, when I keep drinking a lot of water and tea. On Monday I have to go by train again to get back home and the trip will take me eight hours.

When I felt a little better the friend I'm visiting at the moment, just put a controler in my hand and asked me what I wanted to play. So I started Fallout 4 again. It's much more fun on the PS4. And killing wild ghuls really helps you forget about couching and belly aches. It's just a pitty, that we can't do things together. He's a singer and doesn't want to catch my cold before his next gig.

So after finishing my goals around 12 am, I just drank a lot of water, lay on the sofa, killed ghuls and slept a lot. Younger me would have rated that a perfect day. Reminded me a lot of when I was a child. I always watched a lot of TV when I was ill and had to drink a lot of tea.

• Like 2

something that has been bothering me for a week:

Besides this inner turmoul and my cold this holiday has been really nice. I enjoyed meeting old friends again. He got me a new game, so he could show me everything. It's called Stardue Valley. It's a lot like Harvest Moon. I really enjoyed playing it.

My goals went well beside from my "no sweets, unhealthy snacks challenge". But I'll just start over any try again. Perhaps it's better to continue this during easter anyway.

And I hope my cold gets better soon. My paper is due in two weeks.

Spoiler

Last weekend I visited my aunt and uncle and saw my cousins again. It was nice to see my cousins again, because I didn't see them the last five years or even longer. But some of the conversations with my aunt just hurt. She was less empathic than usual. This woman has been something like a second mother for me. I could always go to her, when something was bothering me. She even thought about adopting me, because I didn't handle the divorce of my parents well. This weekend it was like she was a different person. I wonder if this has something to do with getting older. She is soon turning seventy. I'm really sad about how this conversations turned out. And I guess she doesn't even know. She was angry because I didn't trust her with my anxieties in the first place. But why do I have to tell her? I think it's my decision with whom I'm talking about my inner wounds. And because of her a lot of things got turned inside out. And I felt really awful, because I had to deal with a lot of stuff at once. Things that I had been avoiding in my therapy. I'm thinking about writing her a letter. It still hurts. But I can't call her. I'm already breaking into tears during certain forms of meditation. I don't want to cry during this conversation.

Edited by Luciana Valerosa Culming
Spoilertag was broken

Geez, having to deal with hurtful relatives sucks. Especially when they're typically super supportive, as your aunt was to you.

Anyway, I hope you're okay. Everyone's sick and everyone's having to push through stress. You can do it, though. We believe in you.

• Like 1

Since last Tuesday my cold has gotten worse. Therefore I'm going to see a doctor today.

Than I'll try to come up with some new goals for this week. Perhaps I'll try to stick to the basics:

1) Eat some fruits every day.

2) Drink more than 3l of water a day.

3) Get enough sleep.

But let's wait for the doctors consult. I have an appointment in the afternoon. Usually I don't see a doctor for something like this. But perhaps I'll need more time for my paper and than my teacher wants to see a proof that I was sick. I hate being ill.

I won't make meditation a goal this week. It's just too hurtful.

I've had family turn on me before, and there's nothing quite like the feeling of realizing that someone who used to care about you either 1) no longer seems to, or 2) never really did, and it was basically nothing all along. :(

With such a drastic difference, though, it could be a cognitive change. I've heard that some people, especially as they approach 70, can have pretty significant mental changes even without something like Alzheimer's or dementia. It might not have anything to do with you at all.

Don't forget that you are a very cool person who has done amazing things, and on top of that a really wonderful friend. 

• Like 2

If you're as sick as you say you are, then, yeah, you definitely need to slow down. Going back to the basics and eating and sleeping well is going to be very good for you. I hope you get better soon!

Week 3:

Quest 1: Fruits

Monday: 2 oranges
Tuesday: 2 oranges
Wednesday: 3 small oranges and some grapes
Thursday: Kiwi, some grapes

Friday: apple

Saturday: apple, banana

I want to go groceryshopping on Wednesday. Now we only have oranges left and they'll be gone soon.

Went grocery shopping and got stocked with fruits again. ^^

Quest 2: Hydration

Monday: 3l
Tuesday: 4l
Wednesday: 4l
Thursday: 4,5l

Friday: 5l

Saturday: 3l

The more I drink, the less sore my throut feels. And I feel more awake. So this quest seems to be just the right thing for now.

Quest 3: sleep

Monday: 10 hours
Tuesday: 7 hours (perhaps I try to sleep more later)
Wednesday: woke up a few times at night, but I guess I got nine hours of sleep, because I got to bed 10pm.
Thursday: 7,5h

Friday: 8h

Saturday: six hours will take a nap on Sunday

The medcine helps against the couching in the evening and I can sleep better now. At least when I can breath through my nose.

-------------

So I saw the doctor on Tuesday and he told me to slow it down and be patient. He said I was lucky. It's a normal viral cold, so I should be fine next week. And I don't have a fever anymore. I also got some vitamins and stayed in bed today. Wednesday I want to try writing on my paper for an hour and go grocery shopping. My boyfriend gets home really late from work, so he can't do it. But I'm already feeling a little better, so I'll just dress up warm and get a few things.

Wednesday: I'm feeling less sluggish. So I got some tasks done. Worked a little on my paper and did some housework, that had to be done.

Saturday I tried to role play, because I felt better on Friday, but I had to leave early. Seems like I have to keep it slow.

• Like 2

I've had family turn on me before, and there's nothing quite like the feeling of realizing that someone who used to care about you either 1) no longer seems to, or 2) never really did, and it was basically nothing all along. :(

With such a drastic difference, though, it could be a cognitive change. I've heard that some people, especially as they approach 70, can have pretty significant mental changes even without something like Alzheimer's or dementia. It might not have anything to do with you at all.

Don't forget that you are a very cool person who has done amazing things, and on top of that a really wonderful friend.

I don't really know what's the reason behind her behaviour. But it didn't help me when she digged up all this emotions. I guess someday I'll try to talk with her, because it really bothers me.

At least I was able to meditate again yesterday. Short 3 minutes. But I enjoyed them.

If you're as sick as you say you are, then, yeah, you definitely need to slow down. Going back to the basics and eating and sleeping well is going to be very good for you. I hope you get better soon!

It just bothers me how upside down this challenge is. I've been having cold symptoms since week one. I guess it's a good thing, that I'm feeling worse now, because than I should feel better soon and not drag this along with me for months as I sometimes do.

It just bothers me how upside down this challenge is. I've been having cold symptoms since week one. I guess it's a good thing, that I'm feeling worse now, because than I should feel better soon and not drag this along with me for months as I sometimes do.

Upside down relative to what? To someone else's challenge or to the goals that you set for yourself at the beginning of the month?

There's no reason to hold to goals that are ultimately going to hurt you. Right now, they would have. So you recognized that and you did something about it. If you don't mind me offering my opinion, I'd say you deserve major credit for that.

Take it easy and if you must push yourself, push yourself to take better care of yourself while you recover.

• Like 3

Upside down relative to what? To someone else's challenge or to the goals that you set for yourself at the beginning of the month?

There's no reason to hold to goals that are ultimately going to hurt you. Right now, they would have. So you recognized that and you did something about it. If you don't mind me offering my opinion, I'd say you deserve major credit for that.

Take it easy and if you must push yourself, push yourself to take better care of yourself while you recover.

^This. As much of this as possible

• Like 2

Sunday update

I'm trying to adjust to the new design. At first I didn't like the look, but you get used to it and the minimalism has some charm. Just didn't find any advanced editor on the mobile version nor a link to switch to the usual version on mobile. And when your posts get longer you have to scrole back up for the button. So I guess, I'll continue writing all the BBC by heart.

My cold got better by Friday and I really wanted to see my friends again, so I went to a scheduled role play session. After a few hours I couldn't concentrate very well and went home in the evening. That was a good decision, because I was really tired when I got home and the couch was back.

My minimalist quests got done. Only sleep was hard sometimes. I went for one short walk and enjoyed it a lot. It was such a sunny day, that I couldn't resist. I also got a little housework done. Did the laundry. That was managable, because you could do a little at a time. And I cooked in batches, when I felt well. Ate really well this week except for Saturday. No more meditation sessions this week. I'll continue next week.:strawberry:

• Like 3

The new design's growing on me too. I think we need to get some more of our old features back, but then again, those things are still around and I just don't know how to see them sometimes. So, you know.

I'm glad you're feeling better and that you managed your goals for week 3. Let's finish this one out strong.

Week 4 - Endspurt

This week is extra hard on me. Monday started with shark week and my cold got stronger again. So I spend most of the day in bed and tried to sleep.

Fruits: Banana, Kiwi

Hydration: 5l

Tuesday was a little better. But still no writing. I hope my back stops aching tomorrow. This week is just gross.

Fruits: Banana, grapes

Hydration: 4l

Wednesday was better. I did my tibetans again. one of the exercises is similar to the downward dog. I just wished this damn couch was gone.

Spoiler

Pos-5-500x303.png

Fruits: apple, banana

Hydration: 4l

Thursday I felt much better. I did some housework and went outside for about 30 minutes.

fruits: two bananas, kiwi, strawberrys

hydration: 5l

+ walk

Friday I felt better in the afternoon. We were invitated for coffee by his family, so I couldn't get any writing done. But I'll tackle this goal this weekend.

fruit: apple, avocado, berries

hydration: 5l

Saturday I felt much better and did finally get some writing done.

fruit: orange, berries

hydration: 4l

wrote 2 pages

Sunday I wrote another three pages and now my draft has five pages. Jay! So I'm sure I'll ace this weeks goals.

fruit: orange, grapes

hydration: 3l

writing: 3 pages

• Like 2

Those wicked colds. keep taking caro of yourself and as Kishi suggested, if you are not having a fever or something like that, you might try some yoga for your back. Gute Besserung!

So I'm still not sure what to do with this break. Part of me would like to keep going and is energized after this lonk streak of getting better health wise. But doesn't seem to be wise to get all out at once, and take this break. At least until my cough is gone. I'm feeling better. I really want to change my goals again for next challenge. Especially because it'll be my 10th challenge. And I would like to do something gamified again with achievements, combos and dices.

At least I learned a lot again this challenge. Focusing on my quests daily, really works better than setting up one task for the week. That's why writing five pages failed so miserably until now, although I've been doing so well in week two. I guess that's why my combo system worked so well for me. It was never about reaching a specific goal. It was always about getting things done every day. And of course it didn't work because of shark week any my cold. It's really hard to motivate yourself when you feel so blah... 

So I'm really looking forward to the new challenge forums, because I really want to write down my new challenge format. ^^

• Like 2

On 23. März 2016 at 7:27 AM, Kishi said:

Hang in there! Downward Dog is good yoga for sore backs, and it'll help with the sinuses as well!

I tried it and I already feel a little better. Although I only did three reps for each tibetan. Perhaps I'll do them again this morning. In week two I got the feeling this exercises can be helpfull for recovering. I just stopped when I felt worse later on.

On 23. März 2016 at 1:23 PM, Kyellan said:

Ugh, I hate it when a cold feels like it's going away and then comes back for revenge. :/ Feel better soon!

Yeah. It has been four weeks. I guess it had something to do with the test afterall. I usually get sick after phases of ongoing stress. That'll teach me to not overdo it next therm for the English test. I'll start preparring for that one next week. I hope you're in for it ;) Let's slay that demon!

That reminds me. I still don't have a theme foor next challenge. I already know there will be dice inwolved, so it should be about role playing. Just can't decide about the setting. And you reminded me that I really would like to try writing again. So let's see with what I come up.

On 23. März 2016 at 2:03 PM, Agnarr said:

Those wicked colds. keep taking care of yourself and as Kishi suggested, if you are not having a fever or something like that, you might try some yoga for your back. Gute Besserung!

Thank you Agnarr. It's so cool we are back in touch. I love the survival skills you show at your challenge. We want to use the fite starting lesson for a party soon. We still have so many logs in our garage. I just have to look up savety instructions first. Like if I should water the grass around the pit first. We don't want to set up the whole garden. ^^

and I'll hang in there. Can't let you have all the fun without me. Next challenge the cold will hopefully be gone.

15 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

I'm sorry that you're still struggling with that cold. :/ Feel better! 

Thank you, neverthatbored. I always like to be visited by members from other guilds. ;) and perhaps one challenge you'll join me here, when you want to focus on your Aikido. ^^

---------

wow I'm so glad they are saving the posts now. My browser crashed twice while writing. But somehow my post didn't get lost. I would have been so pissed.

and it's really cool, that we can multiquote on mobile now.

• Like 3

I'm telling you, the site's going to be a lot better this way. It already functions loads better for me, and my technology can barely handle the internet right now.

You feeling any better?