It's about an hour and a half away from me, I'm in Kiel. So it is right up there, and looking at it cheered me up, I didn't even notice my mood drop because of "my race" not being an option anymore... Thanks for that. Plans iz goot!

• Like 2

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Did somebody say Sabaton?

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

FKS was brutal tonight. My shins are trying to strangle me atm. We had 15 minutes run, of which I walked 2, then there was hula hoops on the floor and running/jumping through those...some rope jumping (straight jumps with both legs, "walking jumps", backwards, crossing arms (not got that last one to work), some actual hoola-hoops (I feel so physically retarded) and then we jumped onto more and more matts... until the guys with the long legs switched to jumping onto the matt waggon.

Then we played basketball for the last ~30 minutes or so...

Utterly different topic:

I found someone to go with me to a place where there are artist's festivels and other stuff... and I can learn to forge a brooch or something similar (It's on my lvl 50 both as forging, and as visit friend in holland)... it's actually one of the guys I am in the process of recruiting for running OCRs with me.... So the plan is run race together in October in Germany... have a vacation in the netherlands (where they are) with my kids and hubby and a tent and make a week of it, or two or something... Maybe next year summer... Not entirely sure though... Him and I agreed that I will make it happen sometime in the next five years. That is so large a timeframe it feels unreal, but I am already halfway into plans with my mum to go places with her, and then there is the fact that she wants to "live a little" now that she's widowed for almost 2 years and has to live alone and I want her to. She has cared for her sick (REALLY SICK) husband for 7 years (with doctors giving him a few months and he holding on for years) and they had good times and bad times and at the end... she just hung on. Then he died, then she almost died (quad bypass last year January) and now she's starting to develope a sense of wonder and maybe a little bit of adventure hunger... so I'm nursing that... hoping it will grow... I like her to want something for herself! She's never given herself the permission to. And now she's starting to.  I am rambling - I'm awake for a long while now - I'm sorry.

So my dutch friend said there is people swimming through the IJsselmeer... that is scary... not sure I will ever be a good enough swimmer to even attempt let alone do that... but it is interesting....

Good night folks.

• Like 3

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

That is great news about your mum. It is good for her to break out of the normal for her.

Forging a brooch sounds awesome, what sort of ideas do you have for such an item? Personally I would have to go for something from 7th CE England, Sutton Hoo, West Stow or similar.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

That is great news about your mum. It is good for her to break out of the normal for her.

It is true, but for that I am willing to sacrifice some of my own adventuring in favour of joining her, supporting her. Which I don't see as a bad thing, just something I should make a conscious choice to do, and I am. Not long ago she spoke of doing a horse pulled sleight tour of Vienna.... then there was the multi-thousand euro cruise through most of the baltic sea... all just dream castles still, but that's okay: she is finally going to the place within that holds her dreams...

Forging a brooch sounds awesome, what sort of ideas do you have for such an item? Personally I would have to go for something from 7th CE England, Sutton Hoo, West Stow or similar.

I lack the google fu to look up 7th CE English forged adornments on my phone atm... but this is the direction my mind was going:

hand-forged-iron-torc-knotted_2.jpg

woven-torc-332x321.jpg

il_570xN.539038765_kcs2.jpg

Not sure the links are working but I guess we'll see when I post this monster.

I'd be entirely okay with a pin or brooch, but a torc would obviously have more opportunities to be worn... and it all stands or falls with the patience of my teacher and my ability to make my artistic somethings into action... we'll see how that goes. As I said above: it might be a little while still.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Gym done. First time this week.

Ready for setting up whenever I'm picked up.

Struggling with the water bottle today. (3L yesterday). Had home made sushi (surimi maki) for a late lunch, not really paleo that. But small child asked for "joshi", so I made some, and besides I'll not be home to cook anything tonight since I'll be out and such.

Weird mix of moods today. But I'm tired, more sleep might help. (Frisky to get going with training to be a trainer, with training to run my first OCR, unhappy with the classes taking until mid next year, with having to travel for the race, with my nutrition, with finances, with lack of sleep. I feel ungrateful because I'm in a really good place right now, with a good direction coming almost effortless.

I should feel elated. Maybe more sleep will help. We'll see).

Love ya folks, maybe your gratitude practice is rubbing off on me, Terra.

PS I need to bookmark the Google spreadsheet on my phone so I can update it without booting the PC.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

For the Anglo-Saxon stuff, the easiest for me is to link my Pinterest page. [emoji4]

http://pin.it/OraS-xf

I thought you'd like this board on Pinterest...

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

For the Anglo-Saxon stuff, the easiest for me is to link my Pinterest page. [emoji4]

http://pin.it/OraS-xf

I thought you'd like this board on Pinterest...

I don't do pinterest (do you know how much time I already waste browsing the internetz??) but what I could see before the "sign up because we make you" overlay popped up looked good.

In my own news: I had the best day. I am both dead beat tired and elated.

Convention was fun, hard work, but companionable teamwork. Most people were showing definite signs of "are good people even under pressure" (aka keepers). Met a heap of new people. Had good chats with a few. Worked quite a while with one of the guys in quite a nice hand-in-hand kinda way putting the rented tables and banks back onto the wheel boards... Learned a lot. Got to sit in and take photos of quite a few workshops and enjoyed every minute of it.

There was a few meeeeehhhh things going on, but I was untouched by any of them (the caterer botched the event: two choices of food vegetarian and with meat - both came and there was nothing with meat, most of it was cold (I got lucky the half plate of pasta I took was fine (only half because I wasn't that hungry and because pasta is usually not one of my food choices). There was supposed to be more organisation going on, but I had multiple jobs I don't remember not being busy with something or other or blissing out eating an apple or taking a break in another way).

I went over my budget today, calorie wise, but with the options available it was okay, I ate a huge ass sandwich which I could have skipped (wasn't THAT good - and bread stuffs really need to be awesome nowadays to "do it" for me) and after being dropped off at the shops, shopping, carrying home potatoes, frozen peas and carrots, in addition to my sports bag and then being drawn into "cook for us" -mode. I must say... I probably needed the calories, so whatever.

Eaten today:

2 bananas wrapped in (100g) bacon - panfried with a side of a bulletproof chai (or two thirds of one anyway, the last third hopped out of the thingy and landet on my countertop - cleaning at half past 6 on a Saturday... yay.),

nothing all morning,

until a bit before noon an apple and a corny bar,

half a plate of spicy macaroni in some kind of sauce,

afternoon one more banana (kinda over it but need some energy) and one more corny bar,

then a sandwich... kinda focaccia with serano ham, salad, sauce, some cheese, whatnot... ca 15x15 cm bread

2 pieces of pork filet medallions (tiny) stolen of hubby's plate

~15is pringles chips (they were open in the middle of the table - damnit)

handful of lean smoked ham (because ham)

(way too much calories - almost no green/veggie stuff)

I can't seem to care right now. I noticed both the pasta AND the focaccia weren't really worth it. It didn't taste as awesome as I remember carbs tasting... Something changed. Good.

That's me for tonight. Tomorrow is pool day with mum (9am) and NAP TIME afterwards - or trying to come up with a plausible an alibi if anyone is suicidal enough and tries to mess with that.

I slept 5h44, 6h17 and 5h54 the last three nights. I AM BEAT.

I will catch up with all of you (who I haven't made the time to catch up with yet) soon. Maybe even tomorrow. Promise.

Katrin

Edit: nap didn't happen. I vegged out in front of the pc. Stardew valley is one hell of an addictive past time. I need to be more careful with that.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Week 2 Weight-in at 91.0 kg ... weight is going up again. Not sure if that is me eating outside my calorie budget (Sat), being too lax with logging (Sun), natural fluctuation, or if it is the goal number that is too high: 1400 cal. Will take better notes this week and reevaluate next Monday. (No freaking out, and NO EXTRA STEPPING ON THE SCALE!)

Sleep has been weird, last 4-5 days. I wake up at some point between 4-5:30 and can'T get back to sleep. There is no worry train that I am on, and I am at a loss to explain it. Today I just got up and found something to do: clean out needlework chest, so much moth damage, ughhhh I hate moths!! But I have 25 half-balls of leftover yarn, 20 pairs of circular knitting needles of various sizes, 3 frames to place stitching projects into, 2 drop spindles, a guesstimated 350-400g washed and colored wool (or wool mix) in white, and various colors, 2 tiny crochet hooks, 3 unfinished projects I intent to still finish, and a variety of background items: stich pattern booklets, knitting books on stuff from general basics, brioche, fair isle, border patterns, knitted lingerie... Pretty much. I will not regurgitate and therefore be reminded of all the crap I had to throw out because of the moths, but I think I'm gonna check out if there is people interested in getting a needlework circle started (Kindy and it's family orientation seems a good a place as any to kickstart this. I had plans to host a spinning workshop anyway, might hit two flies with that stone... Gonna check in with the coordinator in 15-20 minutes when I drop child 2 off at kindy (FINALLY YEEEEEEHAAAA!) before I can go back to the weightroom for my first session in forever (it's not actually acurate but it feels like I wasn't in the gym to lift weights in ForEveR!

That is that.

Calories and other notes from last week will be posted once I have a little time at the PC and no weights to get to. Total of 6 days of 1,5+ (3 days of 3) Liters and only 2x yoga are in the fron of my mind. I am maybe going to evening class even though hubby is late-shifting: Kid1 is 12, if I get the smaller one bed-ready and calmed down, before kid1 gets home from karate class, I might be able to. Fingers crossed, but I'm not gonna plan it, it'll be bonus if I manage it. Children-juggling for the WIN!

Anyway. Gotta run!

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Scales lie, don't sweat it too much. I've gained/lost 5lb (2.3kb) literally over night for no reason on more than one occasion.

Ugh I have had similar sleep problems recently. I find sometimes white noise helps me get back into the land of dreams.

Thanks, Raxie, glad it's not just me. On both the scale and the sleep, actually. I have weight fluctuations, always have, and I think it's more the eagerness of getting back into the gym after so much time away... I did evening classes and did a lot of other things but neither home workouts nor weightroom sessions happened in the last two weeks, with flu ridden child and all.

So I'm eager to get back to it.

And I had a thorough session this morning. Wooot.

I will be going to class tomorrow night bit I am not going to hit the pool in the am. Simple reasons: child two has an additional appointment at 9 resulting in a leave the house time of 8:10 at the lates. That is rather tight if I ride the bus at 5:34, pool opens at 6, change, shower, in the water 6:15 onward, swim, shower change, catch a bus, be hear in time to wake and dress the child and boost him into being excited to leave, or at least not balk at every corner...

I'll sleep that'll do me more good atm.

Tomorrow FKS I will bring a friend along. It'll be fun. I hope.

Plus more volleyball.... I might have to rewatch mila superstar (whatever the English title was).

Overbudget, as so often on Mondays.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

I am amazed and impressed at the level of juggling you are able to pull off. Obviously it's a lot of work, but I think you handle it admirably. Congrats on getting back to the gym. :encouragement:

Cheers, SD. It is nice to get praise from you guys, makes me want to be worth more of it... funnny how accountability works! That is something I noticed with the new challenge format. Or it might be a causally unlinked thing: I have MORE in my life- More quality time with family, more socializing in kindy and in the sports club, more events, both weekly and longer term, I even got (parts) of my old mechwarrior online unit back together... parts of which are now migrating to the division... just MORE. It is so nice. At first I was in trouble, almost getting "under the wheels" but now I'm adjusting better (active tense) and starting to enjoy it... no I AM enjoying it!

How are you folks dealing with the 4 week challenge format? I'm not opening this thread up to a bitch-fest (not that you would do that, being quality people and all that) but actually asking: have you noticed something similar? It might just be that stage of getting fir for me... it's less than a month until my one year anniversary here... migh not though, what's going on with you'all?

M

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

The juggling is starting to become second nature, always planning efficiently as to be able to do as much working out as possible. But sometimes it's just not possible to make a good schedule, those days are warm welcomed as Maximum Relaxation Days, and sort of a prize after otherwise doing maximum.

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

Just a quick checkin.

Life is full in my face and I'm glad if I get a breath in on the side.

Almost all of it is fun, so that's alright. But still: i lost track of the forums, including the mini.

Today a dear friend of mine, who is currently devouring my copy of LUYL and who came along to yesterday's FKS class (enjoying it as I had hoped) is picking me up for a training run today around noon.

It's really nice and a novelty sadly to have someone pick up what I'm doing and actually running with it and inspiring back at me (I know that grammar was flawed, moving on).

Usually the reaction so far has been mixed, someone was unhappy about how little time I have for them. You know the ridicule and such that puts people on the maybe-I-need-to-stay-away-from-them-for-a-bit-list. So I'm really happy with this friend being interested in what I am interested in.

Quite happy. Anyway child 1 feels off / a bit sick. I have appointments and child 2 to get to kindy, I've vegged out with stardew valley again last night, plus hubby late shift, so I'm behind on sleep. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing for the mini (have to check) plus I still haven't send out my signup stuff for last week's mini so I'll actually get a spot and I'm borderline frazzled.

Love you guys though and thought I let you know.

KJ Morag

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

That's great you found a friend who will get into fitness with you.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Fitness buddy is good, sick kid not so good. Oh and don't worry about your grammar too much, as you are German English will be a second language for you, so mistakes may happen. That said, if English was your native language you would probably make even more mistakes. [emoji854]

• Like 2

Hooray for a fitness friend! It is frustrating when sometimes people make you feel bad (unintentionally or not) about getting into bettering yourself.  Unfortunately it does happen to most of us at one time or another.  So glad you found someone who enjoyed LUYL and is hopping on the bandwagon! Just don't offer them the kool aide just yet it might scare them off.

• Like 2

If you're gonna be busy, at least you're busy enjoying yourself.

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.