Originalpiratematerial - back on The Streets again!

Wrap up warm if you opt for an outdoor workout today, it looks nice out but that wind is freezing! It caught me off guard this morning.

I've taken the day off [emoji5]

I feel a bit guilty, but I feel generally a bit sore and more to the point, my hip flexors are a bit twingey. I think use them too much, and my glutes not enough, in doing side plank leg raises. I've ended up injured in the past through ignoring this sort of thing and training regardless. Don't want to make that mistake!

I will probably end up walking 10,000 steps today anyway. So that's something.

• Like 1

No guilt. Just smarts. ;) Enjoy your day!

Agreed! It sounds like the perfect time for a rest day.

Sent while a top a wall or lost on a trail. Thanks, Rangerbrain!

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Late to the party, but following along :D

• Like 1

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

It's tough to overcome that day-off guilt, even though we know it's good for us, too, sometimes!

Yeah, exactly! I think it also shows how much exercise becomes a habit, doesn't it? So it feels dead weird not to do it. Even though that's "normal" for a large chunk of the population.

Anyway, I have done my penance by doing an early morning three miles. I woke up with a terrible headache, and it was really cold, but I made myself go anyway. It was a bit like "this is another fine mess you've got me into, Rangers!".

I was very slow, but then again my average pace was the same as I was pleased with just a few weeks ago, so I guess what that shows is that I'm progressing, overall. And although cold it is the most beautiful morning, dazzling sun and bright blue sky.

The reason for the headache was a couple of ill advised drinks with the husband when he came back from playing football. Of course he is fine today, as drinking with me is a very healthy alternative compared to his usual post-match routine. This involves going to the pub and drinking at breakneck speed with the McNally brothers, Dubliners whose idea of a good time is to drink with the ferocity of Baltimore policemen at a wake.

Anyway I've sweated out the toxins now and the headache has gone. Hurrah!

• Like 5

The reason for the headache was a couple of ill advised drinks with the husband when he came back from playing football. Of course he is fine today, as drinking with me is a very healthy alternative compared to his usual post-match routine. 

Have you ever tried milk thistle after a drink or two? I'm pretty sure it's a miracle. 

• Like 1

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

50%
50%

50%
50%

25%
25%

It was a bit like "this is another fine mess you've got me into, Rangers!".

Those words sound entirely too familiar.  I've certainly been down that road myself.  :P

• Like 2

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

No...would that count as essential spending???

Today's non-food expenditure - £5.48 on two cards, £1.26 on postage of same.

YES! If you want hangover-free days anyhow :D

You'll find it in the vitamin isle and I usually take a few when I realize it's going to be more than a 1 drink evening. I swear by it, and even the mornings where I have woken up feeling the hangover, I'm still better off than I have any right to be haha

• Like 1

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

50%
50%

50%
50%

25%
25%

QxHzTRigoD9HG.gif

Feel better!!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

50%
50%

50%
50%

25%
25%

Quick update for today:

Spending - £0

Decluttering - planned for tomorrow, I did hoover youngest son's room and air all his bedding including mattress in the sunshine today.

Workout/running - none, owing to lurgy.  But I've been around these parts long enough to know that Rangers do yoga when they can't do much else, so I did the Yin yoga practice from NF yoga.  It made me feel completely wiped out but in a good way.

• Like 5

Despite the application of the Tanktimus Plague Protocols, not much to report on the recovery front   :rolleyes-new:   so no running and no workouts  :nightmare:  :nightmare:  :nightmare:

However, I did manage some yoga (Water 1) today.  And, as I took the day off work, I've totally decluttered youngest son's clothes cupboard, sorted out two bags for the charity shop, listed a few things on eBay, hoovered and wiped the shelves and rearranged everything that fits him or that he will grow into in a nice, logical, user-friendly order.  So that's massive progress on the decluttering/domestic ranger front.

AND :drumroll: my non-essential spending has been precisely zero!  I did spend about £40 on books for the oldest one yesterday but as he's still studying, I guess that counts  as essential  :positive:

• Like 4