Whooo! Congrats on a great first day of the challenge :)

Thank you! I hope I can continue on as strongly.

I'm still squeeing from the Ranger's Apprentice theme.  Digging the avatar too!

LOL, I don't want to mess with that girl! She has a very intentional look in her eye. I loved where Will learned to ride his new pony last night. Put me in the mood to ride again, but alas, finances, time... but it is on the charts for later this year.

DO RANGER ALL THE THINGS!! 

As frustrating as the situation with your mom sounds, it also sounds like you handled it in the best way possible - calm, firm, & sticking to your guns (and getting everything in writing). You should be proud of yourself, that sort of thing is tough, especially with family!

I am very, very glad that I was taught "cover your ass in all circumstances" where ever I worked, and in this situation I was pre-warned too.

Awesome Rangering day!

Thank you. :loyal: hope to continue this level.

------------------------------------

Will start using the airplane mode on my cellphone again from 21h00 in the evenings, as it seems my mom are sending the family "updates" after 21h00 now, then they obviously panic and contact me. I received two messages late last night from my aunt, all about this money business. They thought to warn us not to pay any extra money... Really, who needs a tv with soapies with all this going on? Not that I ever liked soapies.

Tuesday:

• Stretching:
    • Lower back - RANGERED
    • Sit-twist - RANGERED
  • Bible study: Shemitah - Busy

Schedule for later today:

• Breakfast / Household / Refuse collection day (private contractors are doing the municipality's work, so it will be collected) - RANGERED
  • Book orders: waiting for last parent to pay or cancel before I can finalise the current order. Need to work out prices for a new series of books that parents asked me to try and import. Got discounted amounts from the publishers, so now I can see what is what. - RANGERED
  • 9h00 Read aloud: Boys and I - RANGERED
  • 9h45 Off to Playball where I'll walk (5x200m) - RANGERED
  • Town: buy some birthday things for Youngest's party. Wheel bearings for hubby's Uno. He got it now - RANGERED
  • Home: Lunch - RANGERED
  • Jungle Gym Fix It Mode TOO HOT!
  • Household / Dinner - RANGERED
  • Boys' bed routine - RANGERED

Gee wiz I'm going to switch this cellphone off!

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Just a quick check in so i got you subbed, don't know if anyone mentioned, but your sig needs updating ;) easier to find, you will be! Now just a bit of time to read up...

I will return!!!

It is updated. "Current Ranger Challenge: (#10 - L9) Ranger Apprentice"  is the current challenge's link.

Thank you for checking in, and will see you on your return!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the mercury has hit 44-46C in town, only 40C here at home. We managed to do a lot this morning, including shopping for some of the ingredients for Youngest's birthday party. Will gather the rest of my thoughts on that tonight and update the shopping list with the fruit and veg that I need to buy for the party.

The petshop has run out of Superworms for Breeze our Beardie and Stormer the Hamster, so I put mouse to the Google wheel and ordered superworms from a herpetology farm outside of town. We are waiting for 100 adult superworms and 25 youngsters to be delivered! I really never thought I'd order real live worms over the internet. I just hope they make it in this heat :nightmare:

500MEDSUPER-1.jpg

I'm a bit stiff after yesterday's strength training, specifically inside of thighs and *now Mr.Sloth is going to grin!* my but - and that without a Jumping Jack in sight!

• Like 5

Good idea going to airplane mode. Although I'm sure it's frustrating family tries to contact you, at least they are contacting you for the purpose of giving good advice.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Good idea going to airplane mode. Although I'm sure it's frustrating family tries to contact you, at least they are contacting you for the purpose of giving good advice.

I need to if I want some sleep. Yes, they are looking out for me. They feel terribly guilty now that they have heard about things that happened in years gone by, and I don't know how to make them feel better! I mean, I know I still have some issues, which I'm working on, but I have really gotten over some big hurdles and really, my life has turned out good. Well I think so, anyway. I told them it wasn't their responsibility, and they had troubles of their own, so nothing to feel guilty about. In the meantime they have become very protective of us.

Anyway... No worms! Hope they come tomorrow. I haven't forgotten about Halt's cottage picture. I just need to get it together in my mind, and in the meantime I am forming a cheeky idea of what Will's pony Tug, looked like. Nobody warns you that drawing is addictive! I drew a ranger woman, but hubby isn't happy with her mouth. Says its too big, and I have to agree. And the cape doesn't look right. Otherwise most things RANGERED today, except for the jungle gym.

04 Elize Ranger Appr

• Like 3

Ok, totally off topic: The Ratel, an army vehicle made in South Africa. Very stable, very heavy, very strong, and supposedly it takes more than one landmine to tip this thing. But here in SA, anything is possible...

Nice. I spend many hours in Ratels many years ago. Still one of the most beautiful vehicles I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

The Cape looks great. It looks like you drew in pencil, if so just redo the mouth. The picture is awesome. I'm glad you are getting addicted to drawing because you are good at it.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Nice. I spend many hours in Ratels many years ago. Still one of the most beautiful vehicles I've ever seen.

Welcome Jakkals! I was totally shocked to see it on its roof! Hubby also got to ride in them years ago in the army, and he loves them as well.

The Cape looks great. It looks like you drew in pencil, if so just redo the mouth. The picture is awesome. I'm glad you are getting addicted to drawing because you are good at it.

Yes, it's pencil, but it will smudge if I rub it out now. Outlines are too dark already. I'll keep as an example of how NOT to draw the mouth, and another lesson is to keep the outlines light until I am sure about them, then go darker. Going to continue the lessons now, and then draw something tonight.

---------------------------------------------------

Hubby asked if I can leave the jungle gym's fixing for this week and instead help him to get Skedonk (the rally car that he is slowly building up) moved from the carport to the garage. This means first getting rid of the heap of gravel on the tarp in front of the carport. Long story about why it is not in the carport, under the car!

Edit ^: He changed his mind.

Currently sitting with our Beardie on my shoulder. She wanted out of her inside cage, but outside is too cold. Yip, cool day after yesterday's heat. So she is sitting on my shoulder, sometimes rubbing her head under my hair, eyeing the dogs, just hanging out! :love_heart:

Wednesday:

• Drawing lessons: got a little bit done. Pencil point kept breaking! Very frustrating as I'll have to buy new B pencils now. RANGERED
  • Fetched milk. RANGERED
  • Breakfast / Kitchen / Household RANGERED
  • Emails / FB orders / NF - RANGERED
  • Book orders up to date, waiting for publishers to come back to me. Price lists updated. Finances only next week. RANGERED
  • Boys school work: Not yet - just now. RANGERED
  • Washing: started - 2x baskets left to dry, then fold. Should be RANGERED by tonight.
  • J.Gym: Fixed the beam where the one bolt broke off. Couldn't get the knotted rope loose at all (when I fix something I fix it properly), so Yougest said it could stay as is (yay!). Can't add extra beams, as I realised that Oldest and I have rangered the climbing frame, but Youngest's legs are still a bit short, so he gets a great climb out of the wide set beams! So the poles that are left, will have to go into higher balancing beams, or something else. Mmm thinking time! RANGERED

The worms wasn't delivered! Oh man, we are going to get dead squigglers!

• Like 3

No beardie but I have a purring cat on my lap :)  I have to type with one hand because he insists I pet him or pat his behind  :redface-new: ,

You workouts look good!  You have inspired me to work past my sore calves and do my lower body workout today. Your drawings make me want to get my art journal out!  I really do miss it.  Just haven't figured out how to do it all. :)

iltni.jpg

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

No beardie but I have a purring cat on my lap :)  I have to type with one hand because he insists I pet him or pat his behind  :redface-new: ,

You workouts look good!  You have inspired me to work past my sore calves and do my lower body workout today. Your drawings make me want to get my art journal out!  I really do miss it.  Just haven't figured out how to do it all. :)

I also kept a securing hand on her back, because if she jumps off (and she just might), she will be one dead Beardie! When our Jack Russell sits on my lap, she also insists on being petted! Our squigglers came just now! All alive and squirming.

You train so much harder than I do! I still feel my hamstrings and inside thigh muscles (adductors?), but their not sore any more. I just know they are there.

• Like 1

Halt's cottage lay some distance away from both castle and village, nestling under the shelter of the trees at the edge of the forest. The sun was just rising over the trees as Elize made her way to the log cabin. A thin spiral of smoke was rising from the chimney, so she reasoned that Halt was already up and about. Elize stepped up onto the verandah that ran the length of one side of the house, hesitated for a moment, then, taking a deep breath, she knocked firmly on the door.

06 Halt cabin

As Halt trains her, passing on the secret skills of the Rangers, Elize realises that speed and agility and intelligence are every bit as important as physical size. She learns about loyalty and trust and that courage can overcome the greatest of enemies.

• Like 4

I love it, especially the pine trees in the back.

I wanted to do more trees, because the house is on the edge of the forest, but was just too tired to concentrate. I also changed how it look, because the one they have for Halt doesn't fit the description.

-------------------------------------------------------

Thursday: Edit to show RANGERED

• Strength: RANGERED
    • Goblet squats 3x8 @ 10kg (tired, but not difficult)
    • Core Air Cycle 3x 1min. (held legs low, and stretched straight, not touching floor - torturous!)
    • Tricep Kickback 3x10 @ 2.5kg (tired, and last set was jelly)
    • Neg. Pull Ups - didn't do. First opening the gates would have woken everyone, and then my arms were too tired, and I couldn't hold the bar.
    • Stretching
      • Lower back stretch - done
      • Sit-twist stretch - done
  • Going to dentist again today. RANGERED
  • Baked the chicken for lunch and dinner. Just need to add veggies. RANGERED
  • Oldest riding lesson after dentist. RANGERED
  • I'll have to see about mowing the front lawn. Tomorrow is back front lawn as I cut the back lawn a lot shorter last week :pirate:, although I might have to swap out and do the outside bit, as our gardener didn't come and there are a lot of work to be done. Hubby said he'll use the brush cutter on the edges and fences this weekend.

Oh, hubby gave me a huge thumbs-up for the chicken livers last night. Sprinkled bbq spice over. Baked in the oven @ 200C for 30min. turned over, then added cream - about a cup. Baked for some 15-20min. extra. Served with butternut, and broccoli with grated cheese. The boys stuck to lasagne mince without the lasagne white sauce and cheese topping, with their veg. So new recipes - not so much. Old favourites are still in.

Do-Not-Fix.png

• Like 4

I had some time to think: come afternoon, then I'm exhausted from getting up early, interrupted sleep during most nights, and what is a busy, out everyday lifestyle for the boys and I, especially in this heat (yes I'm using the heat as an excuse too!). I'm going to adapt my challenge not to include the Jungle gym fixes or wood chop as compulsory, but if I do them, then I'll add them as a bonus. Also, if I keep them in, then I have absolutely no chance of doing the extra gardening or mowing, or other stuff that Murphy sometimes throws out. Last challenge I didn't do all my set exercises in the mornings. I specifically skipped a couple of strength trainings. This challenge I'm going to concentrate on getting all those set training times done!

• Monday - Strength
  • Tuesday - Flexibility and Walking
  • Thursday -Strength
  • Friday - Flexibility and Mowing

So I'm going to edit those bars on p.1 to only reflect the normal set exercises, and then add a Bonus bar for those extra things I do manage to squeeze in somewhere.

• Like 7

Sounds like a good adaptation.

If you fall asleep in the middle of the day, when you sit quietly for a bit, it is kind of a sign that you need some sleep, or a break :playful:  I was trying to watch Oldest trot in the circle, when Pippa (the instructor) laughed at me, saying I was sitting fast asleep on the rock! So I went and waited for him to finish in the car, so that I could "sleep" in comfort. :redface-new:

• Like 3

I had some time to think: come afternoon, then I'm exhausted from getting up early, interrupted sleep during most nights, and what is a busy, out everyday lifestyle for the boys and I, especially in this heat (yes I'm using the heat as an excuse too!). I'm going to adapt my challenge not to include the Jungle gym fixes or wood chop as compulsory, but if I do them, then I'll add them as a bonus. Also, if I keep them in, then I have absolutely no chance of doing the extra gardening or mowing, or other stuff that Murphy sometimes throws out. Last challenge I didn't do all my set exercises in the mornings. I specifically skipped a couple of strength trainings. This challenge I'm going to concentrate on getting all those set training times done!

• Monday - Strength
  • Tuesday - Flexibility and Walking
  • Thursday -Strength
  • Friday - Flexibility and Mowing

So I'm going to edit those bars on p.1 to only reflect the normal set exercises, and then add a Bonus bar for those extra things I do manage to squeeze in somewhere.

Good plan

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Adaptation victory!  Besides, it's still plenty early in the challenge to call an audible and change tactics, right?  ;)

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager