On March 25, 2016 at 3:55 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

Yes but in the end, what do I want to achieve? Why would I want to be able to lift 100kg?

I want to take a stab at answering that ;). More muscle will speed up your metabolism and make it easier to maintain a healthy weight.  And having a strong back and legs are totally in line with your function fitness goals. 

Beautiful graph and a great challenge.  Looking forward to following you and reading your stories in the next challenge!

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

3 hours ago, Lightning said:

I want to take a stab at answering that ;). More muscle will speed up your metabolism and make it easier to maintain a healthy weight.  And having a strong back and legs are totally in line with your function fitness goals. 

Beautiful graph and a great challenge.  Looking forward to following you and reading your stories in the next challenge!

:adoration: When I got over my "uh I don't feel like it, what am I working for-moment" I realised something similar, and of course @Tanktimus the Encourager and you are right, as always :P . I realised I will have to loose more weight. I lost 12kg this last year. I have between 5-10kg more to loose. I am comfortable but not happy at my current weight.

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Get the Briggs and Stratton engine, they last for ever with proper maintenance. Of course, shoveling by products is going to be easier on your allergies...

If I can mow regularly, i.e. every single week (keep the grass relatively short), then the allergies aren't so bad. The ugly headache of the other day was in part due to the allergies, but I realised, also from too little salts! I had some Vitamin Water this morning, and I felt so much better after mowing the last half. No headache. I was actually thinking of the positive by-products i.e. milk and eggs, but you're right, there will also be by-products that will need shovelling! And we aren't allowed to keep cows in town. They can walk our streets, but not live on a property.

vitamin-water-logo1.jpg

We'll try to fix this machine's blade shaft or something. It is slightly miss aligned and therefore making that weird engine noise. Hubby says it must have hit a piece of cement or rock very, very hard. Might also be why the gardener broke the bolt that kept the blade on, two+ weeks ago. Otherwise it worked ok this morning. But if it konks in, I'm getting that other one! Hubby has no problem servicing the engines, be does a better job than the lawnmower places. I'll probably take over all the mowing, and alternate between front and back lawn every week. Just another month or two to go.

We all fell of the wagon today when we had some chips (crisps) and ice cream with our braai. It was nice and I really enjoyed the Rolo ice cream, but now I've had my fill. We need to up the good fats, and up the protein. All of us are hungry most of the time, therefore wanting to snack. So now to plan things for this next month, probably starting tomorrow.

• Like 5

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Awesome, new boards are up! Quickly going to town and do the household rangering for the day, as my cleaning lady has the day off. Then I'll add my new challenge. At least hubby and I realised there is NO WAY that I can go away this month, just too much that I need to do and get around to, and the boys' sport, etc. So not going to visit mil with the boys, and hubby doesn't want to go away (finances, work, car, etc.). To be honest, I don't want to go on a "family" break without him, so I'm glad it didn't pan out.

• Like 2

LOL Maegs I did look at the top one, but previously the salesman said it is for small properties, except if you have lots of time. It is about the only lawnmower the gardener won't be able to break! But then nothing else will get done, either. Also we have some fruit trees, and at the moment I just cut down most of the fruit that's fallen (natural compost), and it is food for lots of birds, which I love to watch. Not to mention the monkeys, but they just pick the fruit from the trees anyway.

Our back lawn alone takes me about 1.5-2 hrs and I'm not using a self-propelled mower at the moment. The front lawn also takes about 2hrs, and then the outside piece next to the street takes 1hr as it is on an incline. And then I would have to wait too long for my husband to sharpen the blades regularly, or I have to learn to use the grinder, which I can do, but don't want to do at the moment.

Friends of ours have a little ride along, and it looks fabulous, but it is not so good on short steep slopes, which we have in all three areas, and no exercise! And price :apologetic:.

The gardener did come yesterday, and we had a talk. For the next while I'll just try to mow some section of the lawn every week, and keep him doing things like hedges, edges, weeds, etc. He loves that and takes pride in how nice and neat the garden looks. He gives it his "stamp" so to speak. He loves watching the boys play around him in the garden and I often hear/see him laugh then. What I forgot is that Zulu men take pride in what they do, and don't like a woman to help them. Then they don't feel that they are "in control".

So we just have to see how it goes.

• Like 3